BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 34
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LeonC:
Roy from Weapon Outfitters went above and beyond to get my build right.
He swapped out the new CMR 14 for a legacy CMR 14 so I could run my can on it when it gets out of jail.

http://i.imgur.com/yvcvf1b.jpg
View Quote

Congrats.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:36:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:38:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 6:54:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Very nice!

Do we have a confirmed list of armorers wrenches that work to remove/reinstall the cmr barrel nut? I have to disassemble my 6.8 side charger to put a the barrel" a different upper.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By gadgetguy1288:
Very nice!

Do we have a confirmed list of armorers wrenches that work to remove/reinstall the cmr barrel nut? I have to disassemble my 6.8 side charger to put a the barrel" a different upper.
View Quote

I can confirm the Tapco wrench works.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Very nice!

View Quote

Honestly, the best tool I've found is the Geissele SMR wrench, as it has a perfect sized pin spanner and a torque wrench socket. It's almost as if it was made for the Centurion CMR barrel nut, too. :)

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By weaponoutfitters:
Customer's 13.7" with BE Meyers 249F.  Centurion Arms Modular Rail in 12

https://41.media.tumblr.com/ed6c0acc0ce6c4ecebf54655d98f8ee6/tumblr_np3s9viXOQ1qjtttio3_1280.jpg

View Quote

Very pleased and proud with Roy and the gang at Weapon Outfitters for another fine job on another upper for me. The color in Roy's original photo makes the covers look FDE but it is actually OD. I could not be happier. Magpul MBus sight set, BA Hanson-profile 13.7" barrel, 12" CMR rail, 249F flash hider, AXTS black nitride BCG and WO Raptor CH. Here are some not so good cell phone photos in various configurations. Note that the Surefire Scout light fits on the rail with the CMR mount and Magpul MBus front sight.

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:16:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Could you throw into my order before it ships? :P  order number 100014161
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 9:50:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Engel12626] [#10]
Very nice!

View Quote

Look around Amazon or eBay for a pin spanner wrench. Got mine for under $15 if I remember right.

Haven't posted mine around here in a while

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 3:32:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BryGuy] [#11]

We've also got a ton of SMR wrenches lying around our shop:  if anyone needs one lemme know.  I'll send it out at the cost of shipping LOL
View Quote

I'd snag one from ya if you're serious. I just became one of the CMR enlightened. I managed to get the nut torqued to 35 ft/lb. with a repurposed DD Omega X wrench, but I wouldn't trust it for further work.

Obligatory crappy cell-phone pic that won't show up since I have not yet attained the necessary minimum number of posts (thanks for the image approvals):

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By BryGuy:

I'd snag one from ya if you're serious. I just became one of the CMR enlightened. I managed to get the nut torqued to 35 ft/lb. with a repurposed DD Omega X wrench, but I wouldn't trust it for further work.

Obligatory crappy cell-phone pic that won't show up since I have not yet attained the necessary minimum number of posts (thanks for the image approvals):

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/u1G12L" target="_blank">https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7776/18385794086_c3a81c1742_c.jpg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

We've also got a ton of SMR wrenches lying around our shop:  if anyone needs one lemme know.  I'll send it out at the cost of shipping LOL

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/u1G12L" target="_blank">https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7776/18385794086_c3a81c1742_c.jpg</a>

I like that AR. Magpul foregrip?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like it, I've got an MVG on both of my CMR's, just takes a new attachment screw and a little time with a vice and a heat gun to reform the mounting surface to closer match the CMR.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 1:26:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ducati650:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ducati650:

Thanks. And yes, that's a Magpul MVG. I was inspired by Stickman earlier in this thread. Still haven't done the heat/compress-in-vice treatment for a better fit yet, though.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 3:56:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: weaponoutfitters] [#16]
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:24:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone know the best way to remove a screw that is stripped out? This latest build of mine has literally just been one problem after another, I finally got the whole rifle together tonight and shot it and now it is short stroking(and this after it took me 6 months to get the lower, and get it finished, and after I had to remove the barrel from the original upper because the upper wouldn't work with the lower I'm using).

I tried to remove the CMR from the upper to check the gas tube/block and I stripped out one of the screws that clamp the CMR onto the barrel nut? Guess I have to email Centurion and order a new one
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:28:47 PM EDT
[#19]

I'd use standard over the counter screw removal tools, or just take it to a gunsmith for screw removal.  Centurion has a bunch of spare screws available, and if you can't reach em I can get you some too.

Main thing with the Centurion mounting system is that the screws face each other.  This means when tightening you gotta go back and forth on both sides at least a dozen times:  the threads facing against each other help lock em in solidly in place during installation:  the rail aint going anywhere when installed right.  But of course, it also means during installation they are pushing against each other.

With the Centurion screw, it's super important to use high quality, good condition bits or wrenches.

Hopefully this info helps!
View All Quotes

Anyone know the best way to remove a screw that is stripped out? This latest build of mine has literally just been one problem after another, I finally got the whole rifle together tonight and shot it and now it is short stroking(and this after it took me 6 months to get the lower, and get it finished, and after I had to remove the barrel from the original upper because the upper wouldn't work with the lower I'm using).

I tried to remove the CMR from the upper to check the gas tube/block and I stripped out one of the screws that clamp the CMR onto the barrel nut? Guess I have to email Centurion and order a new one

I'd use standard over the counter screw removal tools, or just take it to a gunsmith for screw removal.  Centurion has a bunch of spare screws available, and if you can't reach em I can get you some too.

Main thing with the Centurion mounting system is that the screws face each other.  This means when tightening you gotta go back and forth on both sides at least a dozen times:  the threads facing against each other help lock em in solidly in place during installation:  the rail aint going anywhere when installed right.  But of course, it also means during installation they are pushing against each other.

With the Centurion screw, it's super important to use high quality, good condition bits or wrenches.

Hopefully this info helps!
So, out of curiosity; I have one of the old 14" CMRs, which I thought was in the neighborhood of 13.5". I also recently bought a 14" BA hanson barrel from you guys. Are those going to be compatible with a Surefire can?

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:55:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I installed it properly(going back and forth) but still happened, I did get a spare pack of screws ordered today on the Centurion Website, but I took it to a buddy and we were able to get the hand guard off but doing so we had to drill out head of the screw which now left the shank of the screw still in the threads, so I'll probably just take the handguard to the metalsmith guys at work and see what kind of magic they can work on it

I will say this build has been really disappointing, I have had problems pretty much every step of the way and this is the first build that I have tried to do some of myself, and for the short stroking issue the only thing I've come up with so far is that maybe the Gas block is misaligned(which I hope it isn't since I had it pinned on)
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Ballistic Advantage 14.0" with Surefire SOCOM flash hider/ mount (16.25" overall) with a Centurion Arms Modular Rail in 12

https://41.media.tumblr.com/f102562e6a7f3fed65526c8fd22c5a90/tumblr_np0ti9aqRr1qjtttio1_1280.jpg
View Quote

Awesome photo.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 11:09:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Engel12626] [#22]
Gen 1? So there's a gen 2 now? What kind of improvements were made?

Bought my 12" the day they were released and I don't know how they could get any better. Well, except for that gas block fit some guys had.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:21:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: weaponoutfitters] [#23]
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:30:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: weaponoutfitters] [#24]
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#25]

With the older model CMR 14 and surefire, you're going to need a 14.5" barrel.  We can swap out your 14.0 barrel for a 14.5" if you'd like:  we're actually bingo on 14.0s and some cool guy pals have been wanting to experiment with em and their brand spanking new Surefire Warcomps
I'm not sure yet since i've not seen the new 12" models yet, but in other lengths, you've go the following changes: Mounting system was changed so that the screws are a bit more user friendly.  The older system takes a bit more finesse and has a learning curve to it:  can't just wrench it on etc.  The reinforcement ribs on the bottom were lowered for greater gas block compatability, and lightening cuts were added
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By CastorTroy:

So, out of curiosity; I have one of the old 14" CMRs, which I thought was in the neighborhood of 13.5". I also recently bought a 14" BA hanson barrel from you guys. Are those going to be compatible with a Surefire can?  

With the older model CMR 14 and surefire, you're going to need a 14.5" barrel.  We can swap out your 14.0 barrel for a 14.5" if you'd like:  we're actually bingo on 14.0s and some cool guy pals have been wanting to experiment with em and their brand spanking new Surefire Warcomps

Originally Posted By Engel12626:

Bought my 12" the day they were released and I don't know how they could get any better. Well, except for that gas block fit some guys had.

I'm not sure yet since i've not seen the new 12" models yet, but in other lengths, you've go the following changes: Mounting system was changed so that the screws are a bit more user friendly.  The older system takes a bit more finesse and has a learning curve to it:  can't just wrench it on etc.  The reinforcement ribs on the bottom were lowered for greater gas block compatability, and lightening cuts were added

Will the new 14" work with the 14" barrel? I'll probably just get one of those, and use my old 14" CMR for another build lol
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Mini Recce with some Zev goodness. by Two Sierra, on Flickr

The can is a prototype SOCOM 300 SPS. Also a prototype is the new Pro low profile magwell from Zev.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Can you guys do any checks as to whether the SLR or similar adjustable blocks will now clear? Only thing preventing me from getting one. Also money lol.

Does the new revision still come in a 9.5" length?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:31:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LeonC] [#29]
Just mocked up -
It's on my way to Roy @ Weapon Outfitters to put together.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

Can you guys do any checks as to whether the SLR or similar adjustable blocks will now clear? Only thing preventing me from getting one. Also money lol.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

I have the new 9.5 with an slr underneath. Fits great and can still adjust easily.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:02:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 8:56:55 PM EDT
[#32]
How bout a CMR on something a bit different?

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Roy and the crew at Weapon Outfitters did the upper work..

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 2:56:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By gfly:
Roy and the crew at Weapon Outfitters did the upper work..

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/photobucketpics87/20150717_1905272_zpsiecolrmb.jpg  
View Quote

What stock is this?

Also what barrel and CMR length?
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:06:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Centurion Arms barrel with Centurion Arms low profile gas block

14" CMR

Battle Arms Development Sabertube stock

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Just waiting on my scalarworks mount and T1 to come in from the EE.

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 8:51:52 AM EDT
[#37]

http://i.imgur.com/kSeA3UX.jpg
View Quote

That's hot, what's the finish?
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 3:32:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LeonC] [#38]
Originally Posted By INTrooper4255:

View All Quotes

70% burnt bronze 30% graphite black cerakote
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Great, thanks!
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#40]
How bout a CMR on something a bit different?>
View Quote

I must admit, I kinda like it!
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 7:37:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CastorTroy] [#41]
anybody have an old style cmr 12 that they'd be willing to trade for my old 14?

eta:

Link Posted: 8/12/2015 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Is that a Magpul lightmount?  What keeps it from spinning that's how I would like to mount mine.
Thanks
Originally Posted By Stickman:
I forgot about this thread, I've been slacking....

http://40.media.tumblr.com/23ad04e292bfe990e6853cff4309ca07/tumblr_nkluyhBRKW1rrcg2fo1_1280.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/12/2015 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Rainier arms has the Legacy 12's on clearance for a good price for anyone looking for one.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 1:27:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Figured I'd ask this question in this thread, does anyone know if a BCM .625 gas block will fit under the Centurion CMR with a BCM's ELW Barrel?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#46]
I built this as a rifle to show off the 13.7" and BE Meyers combo.  The CMR 12 and 13.7" barrel is a fantastic combo!

Speaking of which, new CMR 12s, en route!

https://igcdn-photos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11821089_837135359735497_2072869587_n.jpg
View Quote

I want to build a lightweight 13.7 build with the B.E meyers flash hider. Do you guys sell any light 13.7 barrels? It doesn't have to be supper light the goal isn't to be the lightest gun ever.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:59:27 AM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By ejc204:

Figured I'd ask this question in this thread, does anyone know if a BCM .625 gas block will fit under the Centurion CMR with a BCM's ELW Barrel?
View Quote
while i cant say for sure, just by looking at it, i highly doubt it will fit without grinding on the bottom.

i'd go with the sentry arms gb6
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:01:43 AM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By Nanashi:
I want to build a lightweight 13.7 build with the B.E meyers flash hider. Do you guys sell any light 13.7 barrels? It doesn't have to be supper light the goal isn't to be the lightest gun ever.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Nanashi:

I built this as a rifle to show off the 13.7" and BE Meyers combo.  The CMR 12 and 13.7" barrel is a fantastic combo!

Speaking of which, new CMR 12s, en route!

https://igcdn-photos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11821089_837135359735497_2072869587_n.jpg

They sell the BA Hanson 13.7, which is 24.7 ounces including a pinned gasblock.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:02:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top