Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2012 3:05:22 PM EDT
Should I purchase a utg buffer tube? It will be put on and immediately pinned. It will be for my widest build. I just can't see spending 44.99 on one and immediately pinning it. I've done it before but will there be any negative effects by using the brand?
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally would not put UTG anything on a real firearm..
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

this ^
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok. Lol then I won't. You guys know anywhere that has a buffer tube in stock that's worth the money.
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#4]
PSA
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 3:14:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll check it out.
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 3:14:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 2 UTG mil spec size tubes. Both work fine. That is all.
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#7]
PSA has M4 stock kit in skock. I have one and like it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

mil spec size, but are they mil spec quality?
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 3:22:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not banging nails with it or using it to deflect bullets, so it's working fine for me.

Define "Mil Spec Quality", and exactly how do you tell a "Mil Spec Quality" extension over a "Non Mil Spec quality mil spec" tube. Women faint and the blind see when you walk by?

Would I buy a Commercial UTG tube? No.

Link Posted: 5/25/2012 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#10]
You can got MI or YHM if you are on a budget. It is bit better than UTG.
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 3:25:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not banging nails with it or using it to deflect bullets, so it's working fine for me.

Define "Mil Spec Quality", and exactly how do you tell a "Mil Spec Quality" extension over a "Non Mil Spec quality mil spec" tube. Women faint and the blind see when you walk by?

Link Posted: 5/25/2012 3:43:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

is it 7075 T6 Aluminum?
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 4:10:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought a UTG quad rail that was good quality.

THEN I bought a UTG Gas Block that leaked a little.
They both had decent fit and finish......my $.02

I no longer use either of them, btw
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Define "work fine".

Since the word "Pro" hasn't been mentioned I guess these aren't made in the USA.

They should all work fine, even the cheapest chinese crap. But how do they hold up to stress, dropping the gun or anything that will show why you don't take a chance with a part like a buffer tube. The good ones aren't expensive so why save $20 on a part that will stop your AR if it fails.

Link Posted: 5/25/2012 4:25:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should learn what "mil spec" means since you like to use the word.

Link Posted: 5/25/2012 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#16]
From what I've read and been told, the China made airsoft UTG stuff is junk on a real rifle.....but the USA made stuff is higher quality. I personally use a mil spec buffer and it seems to be of no different quality than the others I've seen. I guess time will tell.
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should learn what "mil spec" means since you like to use the word.

Perhaps you could point out the actual "Mil Spec" for a receiver extension for me.

Yes, I'm talking about the "Made in the USA" UTG extensions. Made from 6061 T6.

Link Posted: 5/25/2012 4:43:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I ordered one from psa. Now... How is their shipping? Fast? I should be getting barrel this week and want to build it next weekend. You guys think that's possible?
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I ordered one from psa. Now... How is their shipping? Fast? I should be getting barrel this week and want to build it next weekend. You guys think that's possible?

Might be close. With the whole "free shipping holiday weekend", I'm willing to bet their shipping is going to be a little slow. Factor in a holiday Monday, and at least a 2 day UPS ride to NJ, I'd say it's going to be real close.....

Link Posted: 5/25/2012 5:03:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I have one. It's made in the USA. I'll probably swap it to my .22 eventually, but it works fine for now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

this ^

Same here. I ended up with one somewhat by accident. Was suposed to be mil spec but was so far out of spec I think it was larger than a commercial tube. Poor quality, never again try to go cheap.
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 5:06:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Mine is also from PSA and has given me zero problems.
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I bought a dsa tube and torqued it too much!!! Messed up the threads I didn't see anything on psa's website for faster shipping either.
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Double tap
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Get a Vltor.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2VLTRRE1-1.html
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

they usually ship within a few days...this being Friday i wouldn't expect it to ship until Monday or Tuesday.
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Topic Moved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top