Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2004 1:17:21 PM EDT
I've noticed in the recent past when comparing RRA and Colt fire control groups that all the parts were identical with the exception of the hammer.  I assumed that meant that Colt was still making their own hammers even though they were obviously getting the remainder of the parts from the same place that RRA was.  I just purchased a Colt LE6920 and noticed that the hammer is now identical to a stock RRA hammer.  

My question is...does anyone else's current production Colt have a hammer marked with an "M" on the left side near the top?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Bradd,

I have a Colt large-hole hammer, straight from a shrink-wrapped Colt-carded lower parts kit, marked with the same "M".  Bought the kit a few years back.  

If you check the EE for Giffman's LMT FCG kits, you'll see the identical marking on the hammer in his pics.  Looks to me like Colt's using LMT parts.  Good enough for me!

George
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Bought 2 new complete Colt lowers. Your old Colt A4 upper is on one of them, BTW.
Both hammers are marked with an "M". One hammer is marked on the right, the other on the left.

Mick
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:41:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:29:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info, guys.  Has anyone ever seen an unmarked Colt hammer maybe in a Sporter or something?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:30:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I just bought two complete Bushmaster lowers, minus buttstocks from Eagle Firearms.  Both had an "M" marked hammer.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just bought two complete Bushmaster lowers, minus buttstocks from Eagle Firearms.  Both had an "M" marked hammer.

Sounds like somebody is cornering the market on FCG's.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Both of my JT Distributing lower parts kits came with M marked hammers.  One came with a C marked disconnector.  I believe the triggers are marked M as well, but I can't recall for sure offhand.

I was told by a very reputable dealer that the JT kits are the same as Colt.  

I know this doesn't directly address your question, Bradd_D, but may be usefull in some way.

I'd like to know what the M stands for.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Both of my JT Distributing lower parts kits came with M marked hammers.  One came with a C marked disconnector.  I believe the triggers are marked M as well, but I can't recall for sure offhand.

I was told by a very reputable dealer that the JT kits are the same as Colt.  

I know this doesn't directly address your question, Bradd_D, but may be usefull in some way.

I'd like to know what the M stands for.

Thanks for the reply.  I'm very interested in gathering information about this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top