Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2015 4:31:23 PM EDT
Where can I find a new Colt Carry Handle with rear sight installed?  My 6933 (wait was only three months for the stamp) came with a Magpul rear sight which I want to replace.  There is one advertised on Gunbroker as Colt new but the seller will not respond to my few and simple questions.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Why would you want a carry handle?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:34:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

...Toooo carry it around the range and flag everyone, duh
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#3]
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/1393/category/357/

Palmetto State Armory Mil-Spec Carry Handle

Appears identical to my Colt carry handle except the PSA logo.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Here, OP- Colt carry handle.

It isn't cheap, but you'll know it's Colt (since that seems to be what you're after).
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why wouldn't he? Different strokes and all that. Anyways, OP, if you're patient, you can look in the Equipment Exchange.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:36:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm being cheap today- CTD has them for 20-30 dollars, if you look u can find them with NM peep hole and markings too.  I just bought one from a fella in AZ, tactile clicks, etc.  If it's a Colt they gonna check what it came with...

Have seen some new with the magpul pop-ups.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Try the EE. I got a used mil surp (I think) carry handle for $20 bucks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I have gotten several, both Colt take offs, from the EE here. I think I paid $35 for one and $10 + shipping for the other.

As for why you would want a carry handle, "because and MYOFB" would be the correct answer.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

As for why you would want a carry handle, "because and MYOFB" would be the correct answer.
View Quote

I could not have said it better.
OP, I think that a 6933 with irons-only would rock
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:40:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I had a magpul on my carbine, didn't like the look with the standard FS and it didn't cooperate with how I want my scope mounted. The carry handle is the primary because I prefer IS but is a quick switch to the scope.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Spikes Tactical sells the same handle Colt did, with the square mark and no spiderdicks. But it's around $80 I think.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I find them at gun shows all the time, used colts for $30-$40

Stay away from cheap Chinese junk
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I traded mine off my "Law Enforcement/Military Use Only" straight across for a Magpul MBUS. I basically tricked mine out into a 6920MP.

I regret it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:56:28 AM EDT
[#14]
There is one on the EE right now.  Not mine.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:16:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Where can I find a new Colt Carry Handle with rear sight installed?  My 6933 (wait was only three months for the stamp) came with a Magpul rear sight which I want to replace.  There is one advertised on Gunbroker as Colt new but the seller will not respond to my few and simple questions.
View Quote

If the seller is "scottryan" he sells legit stuff.  His Colt carry handle price seems a bit high to me, but he advertises them as new, IIRC.  He also pops up here on arfcom every once in a while.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:52:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Try and send Fidelis Firearms an email.  He sells a lot of Colt stuffs.  I just checked his site and he doesn't have any carry handles listed but who knows....
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#17]
If it does not have to be colt there are plenty of used mil spec carry handles on the EE and on Ebay. Even if they are rough you can always take apart the rear sight assembly and grease it up and replace the springs and detents if need be.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

Because carry handles are fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

A better question would be why not?  Not everyone wants what you want...get over it DB.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:09:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

A better question would be why not?  Not everyone wants what you want...get over it DB.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what we need in a technical discussion for sure.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:30:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or a completely honest question...

But whatever
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:18:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Why because back up sights aerent as strong why because optics fail why because if everything else fails youll always be able to aim and use the rifle...redundancy is a good thing I have an M4s aimpoint and a GGG BUIS and on my gear I have a zeroed for my rifle tucked away in the pouch I use for the aimpoint with an allen wrench to take off the buis if I have to.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:17:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Why because back up sights aerent as strong why because optics fail why because if everything else fails youll always be able to aim and use the rifle...redundancy is a good thing I have an M4s aimpoint and a GGG BUIS and on my gear I have a zeroed for my rifle tucked away in the pouch I use for the aimpoint with an allen wrench to take off the buis if I have to.
View Quote

The EE is the place to look for reasonably priced Colt carry handles.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:47:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:03:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen brother.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:19:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because real men can run a rifle with irons.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks for the replies, well, most of them anyway.  I want to install a carry handle on this 6933 simply for reasons of nostalgia.  I am also looking for the longer flash hider but without success at this point.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The EE is the place to look for reasonably priced Colt carry handles.
View Quote

Wish I knew where to find these, along with the .22lr ammo at Walmart and the cheap ZQI 5.56.

Every Colt carry handle I've seen in the EE is at least $80.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#29]
stick with a good handle, UTG and NcStars are not so good.

Colts are pretty hard to pin down for sure, best to get one off a factory fresh rifle, or from someone in the now and trustworthy.

the only thing better than a removable carry handle  is a fixed carry handle A1 upper.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Not colt, and relatively expensive, but at least its brand new and readily available

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/576435/weaver-detachable-carry-handle-with-a2-sight-ar-15-aluminum-matte?cm_vc=ProductFinding
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
 I am also looking for the longer flash hider but without success at this point.
View Quote

Why would you want a longer flash hider?
j/k

I really like the Surefire flash suppressors, and they double as sound suppressor mounts for future consideration.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Is a carry handle off of a Colt identical to one not off a Colt?  I mean, excluding the Chinese stuff and what-not.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:27:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Is a carry handle off of a Colt identical to one not off a Colt?  I mean, excluding the Chinese stuff and what-not.
View Quote

You wouldn't be able to tell the difference as they aren't marked in any special way. Just get one from a reputable source and forget about it being a Colt.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:52:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Not mine

EE ad
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#35]
I have one for sale in the EE
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top