AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 205
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 1:31:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By edwin907:
https://i.imgur.com/sblheo6.jpg
View Quote
Is that a light or laser on the left side of the rail? Looks like a SF tailcap but no bezel.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 1:51:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Is that a light or laser on the left side of the rail? Looks like a SF tailcap but no bezel.
View Quote
It's the IWAL 2 IR laser.  Hayes Research made a short run of these years ago.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 2:16:51 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Interesting. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#5]
A MK18 RECCE...

I LIKE IT!!

Link Posted: 8/3/2018 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#6]
What Aimpoint mount are you using?
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Scarghillie:
What Aimpoint mount are you using?
View Quote
Larue Aimpoint Micro T-1 Ring Mount, LT787
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 2:09:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:

A MK18 RECCE...

I LIKE IT!!

View Quote
Thanks, I was cleaning all my guns and bored yesterday and wanted to see what mini recce i could make..
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#9]
it begins
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 11:17:51 PM EDT
[#10]
A MK18 RECCE...

I LIKE IT!!

View All Quotes
A MK18 RECCE...

I LIKE IT!!

I did it for a while, too
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 6:45:00 AM EDT
[#11]
What is the big glass and mount?
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TennesseeRat:
What is the big glass and mount?
View Quote
looks like a Leupold mark 4 sitting in a Larue mount to me
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 2:35:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Careful, some people on some forms of social media might get super triggered from photos like this...
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#15]
APPROVED!

The Mini4 took exactly 6 months (Feb. 7 - Aug. 7). My SDN-6 only took 3 months. SBR was 11 months. so 6 months is better than average in my experience. Hopefully the Omega 9k will be here before Christmas.

Link Posted: 8/16/2018 4:25:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TheManimal:
APPROVED!

The Mini4 took exactly 6 months (Feb. 7 - Aug. 7). My SDN-6 only took 3 months. SBR was 11 months. so 6 months is better than average in my experience. Hopefully the Omega 9k will be here before Christmas.

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/021024940703/media/124052073612/large/1534425263/enhance
View Quote
This is just about perfect.

How does the Mark 4 work for you in the recce role? 1.5x work well enough for closer distances?
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By WEK207:

How does the Mark 4 work for you in the recce role? 1.5x work well enough for closer distances?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WEK207:
APPROVED!

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/021024940703/media/124052073612/large/1534425263/enhance

Thanks! Only thing I would have done differently is pic or mlok over keymod.

The Mark 4 works great in the MINI recce role for me. Outdoors, 1.5x is perfect for 40-50 yards. Inside a home or similar small structure it's doable, but I'd rather have an RMR mounted on the rifle somewhere. The 5x is perfect for 250-300 yards which is about the max I'd want to push the 10.5" barrel (It's probably accurate past that, but terminal ballistics won't be optimum). Beyond 300, I'd rather use my 16" or 18" and more magnification.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:53:13 AM EDT
[#18]
The 12.5.  I hope to finally get this out to the range this weekend...

Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#19]

You could call me Twocan Sam if you wanted.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:11:06 PM EDT
[#20]
APPROVED!

View Quote
Congrats!  You will love it.  I am torn on what to get next, I love my Mini so much
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 11:16:17 AM EDT
[#21]
12.5in 6.5 Grendel with Rugged Razor
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 10:39:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Got out to the range yesterday to see how the Mini4 performed. I have to say, I am quite pleased. Unsuppressed, I have to use a semi-auto bolt carrier and reduced recoil spring for reliable function (undergassed). The Mini4 fixed that. Full auto BCM BCG in the video got moved around with ease. There was a good bit of extra gas sprayed right at my nose too PRI GBCH on my short list.

Link Posted: 8/21/2018 12:26:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Got out to the range yesterday to see how the Mini4 performed. I have to say, I am quite pleased. Unsuppressed, I have to use a semi-auto bolt carrier and reduced recoil spring for reliable function (undergassed). The Mini4 fixed that. Full auto BCM BCG in the video got moved around with ease. There was a good bit of extra gas sprayed right at my nose too PRI GBCH on my short list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R04Da8vAJzA
View Quote
Nice shooting...
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:32:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:
Nice shooting...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R04Da8vAJzA
Nice shooting...
Thank you sir! That small dirt mound is dead

Wife and kids were taking a Sunday afternoon nap and I wanted to get home before they woke up. If I can get a half day for daddy's sanity soon, I'll do some accuracy testing with it and post some vids.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 6:25:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#25]

Link Posted: 8/23/2018 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#26]

14.5 KAC Mod1
NX8
G mount and trigger.

0-400 as it sits, day or night.

0-700 if I can strap this ballast weight to it.

One day my can will get approved and I can make it quiet also.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ACPjunkie:
https://i.imgur.com/KvPUBOc.jpg
14.5 KAC Mod1
NX8
G mount and trigger.

0-400 as it sits, day or night.

https://i.imgur.com/7b9xW8X.jpg

0-700 if I can strap this ballast weight to it.

One day my can will get approved and I can make it quiet also.
View Quote
Very nice.
I get the high mounts with a red dot, but what's the advantage with magnified optics? Seems like you lose the cheekweld and then also need a riser for the clip on.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#28]
I still maintain a heads up shooting position for everything but prone. I can also shoot passively at night without using the laser, just NVG's through the scope without having to crane my neck super weird.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#29]
2.04 mount?
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ACPjunkie:
I still maintain a heads up shooting position for everything but prone. I can also shoot passively at night without using the laser, just NVG's through the scope without having to crane my neck super weird.
View Quote
Gotcha, I just always heard pvs-14 or similar didn't work as well behind something with magnification as opposed to red dots because of eye relief issues. Good to know.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 4:36:36 AM EDT
[#31]
This thread has been great for getting some ideas. I'm currently gathering parts for a mini build. So far I have -

Aero forged upper and lower
Geissele Super 42 buffer and spring
ALG sidewinder until I get a can
Trijicon RMR that will be mounted on 45 degree offset mount
WarSport 11.75 middy heavy profile from Peace Geek

So 2 things...
I'm still looking for a rail that will cover the middy gas block. I know the BCM MCMR-10 will work, as well as the KAC URX4 10.75, but I'm still looking for some rails that will work. m-lok is really my only requirement there.
Also, the gas port on the barrel is .109, so I'm curious as to how this setup might run and if anyone has any experience with anything similar.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By TheGunslinger:
2.04 mount?
View Quote
ja, as you can see it lines up with the riser+ PVS-30 almost perfectly.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By stagepaint:

Gotcha, I just always heard pvs-14 or similar didn't work as well behind something with magnification as opposed to red dots because of eye relief issues. Good to know.
View Quote
This would be at 1x only, and it only works really with dual tube nods.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 10:00:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Noveske 16” Recon Switchblock
Leupold MK8 CQBSS
Surfire SOCOM Monster Can

Link Posted: 9/4/2018 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Curious, which scope do you like best?

ipotato pic:

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/021024940703/media/123996739969/large/1531491537395/enhance

Working to ensure all my children will have at least one mini recce. I have two boys. Will probably have another baby by the end of 2019.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 12:03:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By adh:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By adh:

ipotato pic:

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/021024940703/media/123996739969/large/1531491537395/enhance

Working to ensure all my children will have at least one mini recce. I have two boys. Will probably have another baby by the end of 2019.
First: Vortex Razor HD II 1 - 6

superior glass, bright dot, 6 power mag, only con is weight. The new E version is probably one of the best scopes you can buy in that price range.

Second: Luepold Mk4 SPR 1.5 - 5

Good glass, rugged, lightweight, 5 power is nice. No daylight bright illumination, but a good scope nonetheless.

Third: Trijicon Accupower 1 - 4

Weight isn't bad, but the illumination is not very good. Glass is passable, but still feels like you're looking down a tube and doesn't seem to collect as much light as the other two. It works well on the 300 blackout for it's intended use.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Nice rifle! But it's more of an actual recce vs a mini recce config.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks

First: Vortex Razor HD II 1 - 6

superior glass, bright dot, 6 power mag, only con is weight. The new E version is probably one of the best scopes you can buy in that price range.

Second: Luepold Mk4 SPR 1.5 - 5

Good glass, rugged, lightweight, 5 power is nice. No daylight bright illumination, but a good scope nonetheless.

Third: Trijicon Accupower 1 - 4

Weight isn't bad, but the illumination is not very good. Glass is passable, but still feels like you're looking down a tube and doesn't seem to collect as much light as the other two. It works well on the 300 blackout for it's intended use.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 12:47:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Well, I rebuilt the old 12.5" CQBR Bastard Mini-Recce thing with a 9" BCM MCMR. No bipod mounts or room to throw a bottom rail on but not everyone used a bipod on a Recce apparently. Either way, soon I think it's going to be back to a red dot for HD but I still think I'll dress her up nice every now and then to stretch her out.

Link Posted: 9/7/2018 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
Well, I rebuilt the old 12.5" CQBR Bastard Mini-Recce thing with a 9" BCM MCMR. No bipod mounts or room to throw a bottom rail on but not everyone used a bipod on a Recce apparently. Either way, soon I think it's going to be back to a red dot for HD but I still think I'll dress her up nice every now and then to stretch her out.

https://i.imgur.com/B1TZWpM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TDSg7FS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hE6NjW5.jpg
View Quote
Glad to know there's at least one other person out there that owns the AAC SPR/M4.  There are times where I wish I could go back in time and buy a Surefire instead.
Sweet looking stick.

Currently selling this upper and someday when i'm in a better position i'll get a BCM upper.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By sevin8nin:
Glad to know there's at least one other person out there that owns the AAC SPR/M4.  There are times where I wish I could go back in time and buy a Surefire instead.
Sweet looking stick.
https://i.imgur.com/sSZpu0O.jpg

Currently selling this upper and someday when i'm in a better position i'll get a BCM upper.
View All Quotes

Sweet looking stick.

Lol damn, I was bugging you about that upper when I was thinking about an MRP. If they used a regular nut setup like the URX or something I'd totally get an MRP chassis and have it milled like a URX 3, maybe have MLOK slots added or something.

There's a few SPR/M4 Ks out there apparently, really wish I had that instead. Also, wish I had just gotten an Ops Inc 12th instead while they were still out there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 2:45:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Lol damn, I was bugging you about that upper when I was thinking about an MRP. If they used a regular nut setup like the URX or something I'd totally get an MRP chassis and have it milled like a URX 3, maybe have MLOK slots added or something.

There's a few SPR/M4 Ks out there apparently, really wish I had that instead. Also, wish I had just gotten an Ops Inc 12th instead while they were still out there.
View Quote
luckily they now make an M-lok version of the upper. Still proprietary barrels though :-

man an SPR/M4 K sounds great.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 10:51:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Wowza! I think that might just be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 11:27:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cdholmes] [#45]
Need an opinion from the mini Recce crowd.  11.5” barrel with URX II and AAC M4-2000, or ~12.5” barrel with MK18 RIS and AEM5?  Would probably go with a Noveske barrel for either one.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By cdholmes:
Need an opinion from the mini Recce crowd.  11.5” barrel with URX II and AAC M4-2000, or ~12.5” barrel with MK18 RIS and AEM5?  Would probably go with a Noveske barrel for either one.
View Quote
My vote is 11.5/URX II and a Mini 4...that would be the tits.  Do you already have the M4, or are you in the market?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 12:33:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Alaska511:

My vote is 11.5/URX II and a Mini 4...that would be the tits.  Do you already have the M4, or are you in the market?
View Quote
I ordered one from Brownell's about 3 weeks ago.  Still waiting on the Form 3 to be approved and for it to ship to my dealer.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#48]
I ordered one from Brownell's about 3 weeks ago.  Still waiting on the Form 3 to be approved and for it to ship to my dealer.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alaska511:

Gotcha.  I still like the 11.5/URX...mostly because I want one, and my MK18 is a heavy bitch
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Sweet looking stick.

View All Quotes

Sweet looking stick.

Lots of AAC smut on page 69 In all honesty, I only have AAC cans because of clone correctness (John Noveske tribute) of the SDN-6. With 4 AAC blackouts/breakouts it made sense economically to stay loyal to the brand. Weight and attachment method is really the only negatives. My SDN-6 sounds incredible, the mini4 is impressive for it's size and I hear the SPR/M4 and the M4-2000 are some of the quietest options for 5.56 cans. M4-2000 is at the top of my acquisition list. I might consider the YHM Turbo because $500 for muzzle device, stamp and can is doable for any cheap schmuck.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#50]
*droooooool*

Page / 205
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top