[#1]
WTF is "fitment?"

- Clint
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
WTF is "fitment?"

- Clint

How the Upper Reciever FITS to the Lower Reciever.... How is the FITMENT!

learn your Vocabulary better dude
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#3]
asshattery removed.

Link Posted: 1/8/2011 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
WTF is "fitment?"

- Clint

How the Upper Reciever FITS to the Lower Reciever.... How is the FITMENT!

learn your Vocabulary better dude

From Oxford.

fitment(fit·ment)

Syllabification:
Pronunciation:/ˈfitmənt, ˈfɪtmənt/

noun

(usually fitments) chiefly British a fixed  item of furniture or piece of equipment, especially in a house.

We are American and this is not the Home and Garden Television forums.

fitment  (ˈfɪtmənt)  

1. An accessory attached to an assembly of parts  
2. The act of fitting; that which is proper or becoming; equipment

Better go back to Oxford you D- student
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 6:10:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Thank you Jason! That was simple and easy. And you know what FITMENT means

Can i get you to snap a shot of the other side please? Thanks again man
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#7]
yea give me a few minutes
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks man! I really appreciate you kindness... You obviously didn't go to Oxford like the other guy
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#10]
That's Nice as hell man! dig the Setup! Thank you again for helping me with what I needed.
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Jason, I usually like my guns all black but that thing looks sweet!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Thanks man! I really appreciate you kindness... You obviously didn't go to Oxford like the other guy
I apologize. The state of affairs in Arizona has left me in a bad mood.

Link Posted: 1/8/2011 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow Arfcom just expanded my general vocabulary, using a real dumb and gay word but still, my win .

The bio upper looks sick by the way.

J
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wow Arfcom just expanded my general vocabulary, using a real dumb and gay word but still, my win .

J

You obviously have never built ANYTHING in your life before.. But glad to expand your Vocab man.
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 7:05:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Your welcome. If you have any more questions just let me know.
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#17]

I actually like the black biohazzard upper better. You just inspired me to do a new build, all black with an FDE lower.
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 7:13:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
asshattery removed.

it's ok man. No harm done
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, its left me in a bad mood as well.
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, its left me in a bad mood as well.

No problem man. Not sure what happen in AZ. But take it easy

BIO with POF lower looks good man thanks!
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

J

You obviously have never built ANYTHING in your life before.. But glad to expand your Vocab man.

Hehehehe i laugh at this.

Still we are in tech, id keep the smartassery...to GD. Damn new word, im on fire tonight.
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I actually like the black biohazzard upper better. You just inspired me to do a new build, all black with an FDE lower.

The biohazzard is for my new build. It's well worth the price. Just wanting on those damn SAR rails. http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/jason121580/bio-hazard.jpg?t=1294547136
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 9:29:25 AM EDT
[#23]
That biohazzard set is bas ass man.
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Do you like the BIO upper on the BIO lower more then the POF?
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 10:22:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Do you like the BIO upper on the BIO lower more then the POF?

I like them both about the same. The only problem i see is the color match, the factory pof anodizing has a purple tint in  light. The biohazard has  a deep black anodizing finish. If that don't bother you go for it . I do prefer my spike more than my pof. The biohazard set is a perfect match. The machining is perfect seekins does awsome work. There is one other upper for you to consider for your pof lower the Rainier Arms UltraMatch Billet Upper, it's on sale right now for $179.95 (rainierarms.com). The color is damn close.

http://www.rainierarms.com/img/shop/product/9d7210a10d0f9ba5ad92c72141cf861a.jpg

Here is a pic of my rainier upper pof lower
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/jason121580/12.jpg?t=1294686698
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 11:54:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Man... You got some GUNS boy! ha ha ha. Nice work I decided to go full Bio upper and lower, They are cheaper then matching the Bio upper with the POF lower. I've just always been a POF lower fan. Plus I found a picture of a built Bio-Hazard and Jizzed in my pants

Check this thing out...

Not my Rifle....
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Yea I love my biohazard set . They should be in stock i got mine about two weeks ago it only took two days to ship. Be sure to use the ARFCOM coupon code for 5% off your order. You won't be sorry trust me. I'm now waiting on the seekins version to be released for a m4 build. My biohazaed set is almost ready for paint. I'm using a custom mix of duracoat to match magpuls fde for an all fde rifle. Plus you have to look at spikes new SAR rails they are very light an badass.....
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#28]
I've tried finding the SAR rail and have had no luck. Where are they being sold or like some good pictures of them?
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 12:57:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I've tried finding the SAR rail and have had no luck. Where are they being sold or like some good pictures of them?[/quote

Here are some pics they are not posted on spikes website yet but you can call and preorder

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/1280/spr1.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q160/badazzar15/458.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q160/badazzar15/4582.jpg

Link Posted: 1/10/2011 1:25:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Those look pretty nice! any idea when there coming out? or what sizes they with have?

I've been creamin over the Spike's 12.875" BAR and I'll be damned if it was some limited time Bullshit!

I'm doing a full Billet Spikes build with a 14.5" barrel and that 12.875" would only make it that much better(less barrel showing). But I'm going to have to change my plans now. I've been tossing around the Samson EVO 12.37" too. I like that you can add rails and it's really light. Just been finding out that the way it clams to the barrel nut makes it weird to open the rifle without catching the lower on the rail. and I don't much like that.
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Those look pretty nice! any idea when there coming out? or what sizes they with have?

I've been creamin over the Spike's 12.875" BAR and I'll be damned if it was some limited time Bullshit!

I'm doing a full Billet Spikes build with a 14.5" barrel and that 12.875" would only make it that much better(less barrel showing). But I'm going to have to change my plans now. I've been tossing around the Samson EVO 12.37" too. I like that you can add rails and it's really light. Just been finding out that the way it clams to the barrel nut makes it weird to open the rifle without catching the lower on the rail. and I don't much like that.

They are already in stock at spikes but i think they are sending pre-orders first . Glen at seekins said they shipped 900 plus rails to spikes awhile back. They will have all lengths including 13 inch. Thats what i ordered. I'm going to be using a 14.5 dd chf barrel for my build. As for weight they are lighter than dd light rail.
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#32]
cool man! I'm going with the same barrel as you. It's good price for the quality of barrel.
Let me know how your build is going. I'm interested in that SAR rail now.

Link Posted: 1/10/2011 2:45:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
cool man! I'm going with the same barrel as you. It's good price for the quality of barrel.
Let me know how your build is going. I'm interested in that SAR rail now.

I will post pics of my build once its completed. Still gotta few things to get. By the way the price for the 13in SAR rails are 315.00
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Let me know how your build goes.
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#35]
DAAAANG! $315 eh? WELL.... Sometimes you have to do whats best for the build. I'm trying to keep it below 2k and still have all spike's and as much billet as possible. I love the perfect lines of Billet. Might go with some MBUS sights to save some money for the Rail. 13.2" Larue was my first rail choice. So if Spike's makes one I'd rather give them my money.

Check out my build list and let me know if you think it's worth the Money.

I love the Codename

Link Posted: 1/10/2011 4:27:21 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm trying to get spikes to set me up a cheaper custom LPK because I see the Bio comes with alot of that stuff already. don't meed the Trigger guard, and some guts. I think I'll still then the mag catch button, grip, and trigger hammer group.
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Jason,
I see you like the POF lower, these guys are in my back yard and they buy hardware from me through their machinist...I was going to buy a full 5.56 from Frank a year or so ago, but they were buried with DOD and LE work, I kept waiting, finally just found a new Colt LE 5.56 new in box and love it, now after watching you guys and trying to learn about building, I think the POF lower may be a good first build, ...what makes it your choice?
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 4:49:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
DAAAANG! $315 eh? WELL.... Sometimes you have to do whats best for the build. I'm trying to keep it below 2k and still have all spike's and as much billet as possible. I love the perfect lines of Billet. Might go with some MBUS sights to save some money for the Rail. 13.2" Larue was my first rail choice. So if Spike's makes one I'd rather give them my money.

Check out my build list and let me know if you think it's worth the Money.

I love the Codename

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt310/cvolin85/Charlotte-1.jpg

I think its well worth the money for a billet build. I found that billet is more stiff and more accurate then forged receivers. I can save you a little money on the battlecomp. If you would like to consider the new dynacomp. It comes with or without the suppressor threading. At this time, the target price range is 80-100$ between all models.
http://i54.tinypic.com/2nukvhw.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/w9whdw.jpg

Link Posted: 1/10/2011 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Jason,
I see you like the POF lower, these guys are in my back yard and they buy hardware from me through their machinist...I was going to buy a full 5.56 from Frank a year or so ago, but they were buried with DOD and LE work, I kept waiting, finally just found a new Colt LE 5.56 new in box and love it, now after watching you guys and trying to learn about building, I think the POF lower may be a good first build, ...what makes it your choice?

The POF lower was one of my very first builds, I choose the POF because its billet and the ambi bolt release. And I really like the POF because there is no roll pins to hammer which means no scaring of your receiver. One important thing to no if you purchase a Pof lower i used a cmt/stag lpk and could never find out why the ambi bolt release would not work it stayed that way for about a year then i changed to dd lpk and i have not any problems sense.
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#40]
I like that Who makes it? I'm searching Dynacomp and getting no luck. Is it long enough to be pinned on a 14.5"?

and Isn't the BIO equal tot he POF as in you don't need to hammer it together? or is that just because everything comes on it already?

Link Posted: 1/10/2011 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Spikes :)
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Spikes :)

Spikes makes the Dynacomp or you just Liken the Rifles

.... Just found the Spikes Forum on there website. I'm retarded somtimes Thanks man. That is going to be one nice Comp
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 5:18:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I like that Who makes it? I'm searching Dynacomp and getting no luck. Is it long enough to be pinned on a 14.5"?

and Isn't the BIO equal tot he POF as in you don't need to hammer it together? or is that just because everything comes on it already?

Dynacomp is made by spikes it's in development . The biohazard is better to me because it uses threaded pins to hold just about everything and comes with a upper/lower tension screw. No hammer no punches simple to put together. On a note you have to trim your take down pin spring because it is captured. The biohazard lower comes with the bolt catch an ambi bolt release installed
http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww189/wjt1169/Spikes%20Tactical%20BioHazard%20Billet/underpistolgrip01.jpg
Dynacomp info
To meet the demands of customers and aligned with the objectives of new, upcoming products –– like the ST Compressor and ST-308 –– Spike's Tactical is developing their own line of compensating muzzle breaks.

With that, the Dynacomp & Dynacomp Extreme have entered development. Made of 303 Stainless Steel, the lineup includes 2 threadings, 2 finishes, and with or without integrated Ops suppressor mount. All models are machined to be completely concentric, including the threading - not taped after the fact.

The ports are ball dimpled for optimal expansion of gases & heat dissipation. And the front face of the comp is 0.25" to handle full auto fire.

Dynacomp models will come bead blasted for an even matte finish. Dynacomp Extreme will be Melonite coated for higher corrosion and wear resistance for higher volume and surplus ammo shooters.

Available threadings will be 5/8x24 for .308, and 1/2x28 for 5.56.

Models with integrated Ops suppressor mounts will also include a protective thread collar when a suppressor is not in use. The thread protectors will be black, in Type III hardcoat. And they are fluted for grip and styling.

Additional features include being pre-drilled for pinning to your barrel. The Dynacomp's are also long enough to extend your 14.5" barrel to an ATF acceptable 16", and will include a properly sized hardened pin for permanent mounting. The pin hole is in the wrench flat on the side of the comp and is covered by the thread protector. Also included is thread locking compound and a stainless shim kit to ensure proper timing during install.
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 5:21:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Nice.. Jason. Do you work for spikes? or was it just a coincidence you new I was curious about the price of there 13" SAR? right after I emailed them yo told me on ar15.com the price.
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#45]
No don't work for Spikes. Just love their products and customer service. Plus they offer a life-time guarantee on all products.
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Cool man. Your good shit You've been very informative. So are they kinda waiting for the Shot show to reveal all these goodies? or is this going to be a long time untill I get the chance to buy these parts?
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#47]
[
Quoted:
Cool man. Your good shit You've been very informative. So are they kinda waiting for the Shot show to reveal all these goodies? or is this going to be a long time untill I get the chance to buy these parts?

Tom just posted on the spikes industry section that the dynacomp will be out very soon. I'm pretty sure they are waiting to make a splash at shot show. And i'm damn sure they will . Can't wait to see  those 308 billet sets.
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#48]
So since you already have the Bio Upper/Lower. What other parts will i need to complete the lower? as in Lower parts. trying to shave the ST Enhanced lower and do a different grip. and redoing my build list with new dyna comp, 13.2" sar, and might go with MBUS unless a don't have too.
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So since you already have the Bio Upper/Lower. What other parts will i need to complete the lower? as in Lower parts. trying to shave the ST Enhanced lower and do a different grip. and redoing my build list with new dyna comp, 13.2" sar, and might go with MBUS unless a don't have too.

Give me a few need to take my dog out...

Link Posted: 1/10/2011 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You need everything in the lpk except the bolt catch. The spikes enhanced lpk is worth the price because it includes the nb trigger group and kns pins. When it all adds up you really save money with the enhanced kit. Call spikes and see if they have the billet lpk put togrther yet. They were talking about putting one together awhile ago.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top