User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 4:03:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
Yep that's what I had on my personal MK-12 I took to Afghanistan in 2007. I knew one day someone would say mine wasn't clone correct
so I just post a pic and smile

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL965/4056977/12946540/313666290.jpg

How it looks now waiting on the 2.5-8x36 scope to get back from having the M1 knobs switched out for M2s at the leupold custom shop.

My old 3.5-10x is on my SR-25, I just realized My MK-12 is over 13 yrs old

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20856/IMG-1025-180698.jpg
View Quote
That goofy building in the background looks like Hutal.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 4:13:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

View Quote
Ha..........sure does, don't it? That little area is where we'd do our "sand table/walk-throughs" before big missions. When were you there/passed through?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:48:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By bachn2324:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=3&campId=5337559805&toolId=10001&customId=j2uamrgd3300zk8a00004&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FKnights-armament-ff-long-ras-21318-Kac-mk-12-rail-system-sopmod-%2F252933155562:g:d2YAAOSwn-tZFL1S

idk if this allow but here you go. Might be out of your price range and you don't like eBay but it's cheaper than what it was and will go for.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JAR-SPR:

Looks like I struck out with all leads.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=3&campId=5337559805&toolId=10001&customId=j2uamrgd3300zk8a00004&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FKnights-armament-ff-long-ras-21318-Kac-mk-12-rail-system-sopmod-%2F252933155562:g:d2YAAOSwn-tZFL1S

idk if this allow but here you go. Might be out of your price range and you don't like eBay but it's cheaper than what it was and will go for.
Did you check with Dennis Todd?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:25:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:48:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#5]
There is one in the EE for 450 and one for 475. If Dennis Todd doesn't have one first. Don't count on operation parts email notification. It will never happen.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_22/1659328_KAC-MK-12-FF-RAS--NIB---350-00.html
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:49:52 AM EDT
[#6]
McKay Ent has black A1 lowers.  One left.  I snagged one for my Holland build.

http://www.mckay-ent.com/ar15-m16/m16-a1-blk-lower-receiver.html
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#7]
What's the best way or tools to Torque the damn screws on the Arms #22 mount.. lol I'm just so use to Larue mounts, this is different for me Do I really need to worry about keeping the gap on the caps even on both sides, off a tad okay..?? Or should I just invest in a Wheeler Fat Wrench..?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:
What's the best way or tools to Torque the damn screws on the Arms #22 mount.. lol I'm just so use to Larue mounts, this is different for me Do I really need to worry about keeping the gap on the caps even on both sides, off a tad okay..?? Or should I just invest in a Wheeler Fat Wrench..?
View Quote
I have the fat wrench now but before I used the L shaped torx holding the short end to torque them screws down.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:33:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mrsaturn7085] [#9]
View Quote
Borka torque driver (MTD model).  Hands down the best firearms-related purchase I've ever made, firearms included.  You have no idea how many times I've used this on automotive tasks, firearms, general projects around the house.  You don't *need* it to torque scope rings... but if you buy it, you'll use it constantly.

EDIT: I'm seeing that the MTD model is discontinued, unfortunately.  The newer model looks to be a little slower to use, but has variable settings (10-85 in-lbs) rather than a fixed set of 12 torque values.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By prskiller:
I have the fat wrench now but before I used the L shaped torx holding the short end to torque them screws down.
View All Quotes
Ended up getting the Fat Wrench from Midway, and a few other things.. Also would it be necessary to lap the rings, I've been going back and forth about it, head is starting to spin haha
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Ended up getting the Fat Wrench from Midway, and a few other things.. Also would it be necessary to lap the rings, I've been going back and forth about it, head is starting to spin haha
View All Quotes
Yes lap the rings. All of mine have needed lapping.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:08:08 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
I don't lap rings.  I have NF and Arms now, had Seekins, PRI & Leupold and never did lap them.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't lap rings.  I have NF and Arms now, had Seekins, PRI & Leupold and never did lap them.
View All Quotes

Oh ok.. just thought I needed to lap them due to them being 2 separate from each other, unlike the Larue Mounts..
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:
View All Quotes
Well lucky for me I got the Lapping Kit along with the Fat Wrench..
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Leupold 2.5-8x36 Mark 4 MR/T TMR #60180 in the EE from Engineer5 for $650, I have no relation to the seller
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Same kit I bought. That has the 30mm and 1" lapping bars and mounting levels too. Nice kit. I love it. I'm trying to find pics of my lapped #22's.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Same kit I bought. That has the 30mm and 1" lapping bars and mounting levels too. Nice kit. I love it. I'm trying to find pics of my lapped #22's.
View All Quotes
I think I saw a picture of a lapped 22 a few pages back.. unless I'm mistaken
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By blbennett1288:
Leupold 2.5-8x36 Mark 4 MR/T TMR #60180 in the EE from Engineer5 for $650, I have no relation to the seller
View Quote
It has 7.62 turrets. Would that scope work for a mod 1? Would you be able to change those for the correct turrets for a mod 1?
Sorry, I don't know much about the Leupold scopes...
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:47:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By sbye:
It has 7.62 turrets. Would that scope work for a mod 1? Would you be able to change those for the correct turrets for a mod 1?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sbye:
Originally Posted By blbennett1288:
Yes. You can swap the turrets, although I use the 168 .308 turrets on mine and they're actually pretty close.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:22:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rbgonoles] [#20]
My Mod 1 build. Still need NLS rings and may swap an A1 stock. Oh, and paint! Break-in is this Saturday. Couldn't be more excited. This thread is amazing.

Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By rbgonoles:
My Mod 1 build. Still need NLS rings and may swap an A1 stock. Oh, and paint! Break-in is this Saturday. Couldn't be more excited. This thread is amazing.

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag403/burker2525/IMG_8958_zpsuhxrl9me.jpg

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag403/burker2525/IMG_8944_zpsfiafwg81.jpg
View Quote
Very nice man. SOPMOD is where it's at though, paint is more important. On a side note literally only have the unimount left for my Mod1 for the NF. May paint this weekend without it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks to a fellow cloner, a NF 2.5-10x24 is now mine. Oooo cannot wait to get this bad boy!
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Chincy:
Wait a couple weeks and I may have my mod1 upper for sale. Gonna see how this seal recce feels before doing so.
View All Quotes

Wait a couple weeks and I may have my mod1 upper for sale. Gonna see how this seal recce feels before doing so.

Thanks, but just need the handguard.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Quintin:
This.  Call him up, if he doesn't have any on hand right this minute, he can get them. 
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Quintin:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=3&campId=5337559805&toolId=10001&customId=j2v0pxfi7d00zk8a00004&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FKnights-armament-ff-long-ras-21318-Kac-mk-12-rail-system-sopmod-%2F252933155562:g:d2YAAOSwn-tZFL1S

Did you check with Dennis Todd?
This.  Call him up, if he doesn't have any on hand right this minute, he can get them. 
I emailed Dennis. Very prompt reply. I'm waiting on a replacment CC, but can pay with USPS MO, but he won't take payment in that form unless he has the rail in hand, and he is giving priority to those that call in with a CC with his next ship. Understandable, but I'm just out of luck.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:09:06 PM EDT
[#25]
This is not an mk12 question but I don't participate in the mk18 thread. It's a shame that thread is like that and bizarre that this one is so different in contrast but to my question: how do you tell a Daniel defense 10.3 contract overrun barrel from a regular DD 10.3 barrel?
Again I'm sorry but I know some of you guys have them. I've seen pics of your mk18's.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:51:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jsy_1977] [#26]
As far as I know, the contract overrun barrels were only available from Western Sport and have the .070 gas port instead of the larger one they have in their commercial barrels. I have one and it came with the DDMK12 set screw gas block and dimpled for the screws (before being parked) There is a faint number directly on top of the barrel that may identify it, but I can't check mine because it's covered under my RIS II handguard.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:42:50 PM EDT
[#27]
This is not an mk12 question but I don't participate in the mk18 thread. It's a shame that thread is like that and bizarre that this one is so different in contrast but to my question: how do you tell a Daniel defense 10.3 contract overrun barrel from a regular DD 10.3 barrel?
Again I'm sorry but I know some of you guys have them. I've seen pics of your mk18's.
View Quote
If you can check the gas port with a pair of gauges that would be your best bet, obviously reading the .070 that is correct and not the .082 that is their commercial spec.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:56:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmdexe] [#28]
View Quote
A lot of them had B suffixes as well.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 12:04:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#29]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
Yep that's what I had on my personal MK-12 I took to Afghanistan in 2007. I knew one day someone would say mine wasn't clone correct
so I just post a pic and smile

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL965/4056977/12946540/313666290.jpg

How it looks now waiting on the 2.5-8x36 scope to get back from having the M1 knobs switched out for M2s at the leupold custom shop.

My old 3.5-10x is on my SR-25, I just realized My MK-12 is over 13 yrs old

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20856/IMG-1025-180698.jpg
Can't remember where that was it might have been Hutal, it was 2007 so I just can't remember. In 2014 we pulled security at Hutal for a 7th SF GRP Team, so I don't think it was Hutal.

Might have been hutal, but who knows. when we did our brief it was in a building bigger than that and the teams lived in a even bigger building.

We landed at Herat and went to Shindad, Stone and a handful of places in between.

in 2014 we went back and forth between Hutal and Pasab most of the deployment
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 12:05:07 AM EDT
[#30]
I learned today the BA stainless 18" ops contoured barrel is a .0935 gas port.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:27:41 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
Is that good or bad?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:03:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By drago6:
Is that good or bad?
View All Quotes
Is that good or bad?
I think someone else could probably answer that better than I can. I posted really just for info purpose in case anyone ever wondered. I emailed and asked because I'm going to try the gas block ports that kirbykid25 recommended. Between him and black river I think I've got a very good idea what to do. It's not adjustable but I shoot suppressed 100%. You just never go back after you go suppressed. im going to use these on a few guns. Not my legit wheeled fsgb of course.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:40:35 AM EDT
[#33]
AEM5 In Jail by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

At least I got to put my finger in her.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:19:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#34]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4271/34713614786_128b001e10_b.jpgAEM5 In Jail by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

View Quote
Nice! Capital armory has them in stock. I thought about a 3rd one but I do t feel the need to have more than two of the same. Plus I just bought an MK11 can and my m110 can and NT4 are deep in the form 4 process. I thought about trying out a surefire maybe. I have two sakers laying in the safe not being used now. I wish I would have went straight to clones. On a good note my son loves it. He's gotten 4-5 hand me downs. And my hand me downs probably have less than 100rds through them. I just don't get to shoot. But we are looking for land out near wimberly right now as I write this. ....soon I'll have my own range.

Also Dennis Todd is expecting another batch of FF RAS in a couple weeks. Which means 6-weeks min but if your not in a hurry just get on his list. You won't get skipped. The guy has always treated me top notch. I went ahead and got in for another one. What the hell. Can't have too many FF RAS. All the mod 0's on the bed in the previous pic reminded me of how my safe is getting. Many mk12's. Gunna have to do another holland. Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Legit mk12 mk4 action
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Also Dennis Todd is expecting another batch of FF RAS in a couple weeks. Which means 6-weeks min but if your not in a hurry just get on his list. You won't get skipped. The guy has always treated me top notch.
View Quote
+1 for DT, i have had 3 transactions with him to date and he is a great guy to deal with. My 2 ff ras from the current run showed up last week from him
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#36]

+1 for DT, i have had 3 transactions with him to date and he is a great guy to deal with. My 2 ff ras from the current run showed up last week from him
View Quote
+2 i sold him a 601 bcg for $100. hes a pa guy and always at oakes show and he is still a great go to guy for LEGIT mil spec parts.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 4:22:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KGLaw] [#37]

Gunna have to do another holland.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/19/2017 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

View All Quotes

Gunna have to do another holland.

don't worry. I know ive got 2 gen 1 stocks in one of my boxes.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
Wasn't thinking about that. I was thinking that the cycle is repeating. You're going to get stuck into an infinite Mk12 loop
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 5:03:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Nice! Capital armory has them in stock. I thought about a 3rd one but I do t feel the need to have more than two of the same. Plus I just bought an MK11 can and my m110 can and NT4 are deep in the form 4 process. I thought about trying out a surefire maybe. I have two sakers laying in the safe not being used now. I wish I would have went straight to clones. On a good note my son loves it. He's gotten 4-5 hand me downs. And my hand me downs probably have less than 100rds through them. I just don't get to shoot. But we are looking for land out near wimberly right now as I write this. ....soon I'll have my own range.

Also Dennis Todd is expecting another batch of FF RAS in a couple weeks. Which means 6-weeks min but if your not in a hurry just get on his list. You won't get skipped. The guy has always treated me top notch. I went ahead and got in for another one. What the hell. Can't have too many FF RAS. All the mod 0's on the bed in the previous pic reminded me of how my safe is getting. Many mk12's. Gunna have to do another holland. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330914/IMG-3776-211617.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330914/IMG-3777-211618.JPG
Legit mk12 mk4 action
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4271/34713614786_128b001e10_b.jpgAEM5 In Jail by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

Also Dennis Todd is expecting another batch of FF RAS in a couple weeks. Which means 6-weeks min but if your not in a hurry just get on his list. You won't get skipped. The guy has always treated me top notch. I went ahead and got in for another one. What the hell. Can't have too many FF RAS. All the mod 0's on the bed in the previous pic reminded me of how my safe is getting. Many mk12's. Gunna have to do another holland. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330914/IMG-3776-211617.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330914/IMG-3777-211618.JPG
Legit mk12 mk4 action
I want a 9x so bad...
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Wasn't thinking about that. I was thinking that the cycle is repeating. You're going to get stuck into an infinite Mk12 loop
View All Quotes

I admit I fell in love with this platform. I was just about to send my mk13 mod 5 parts to allen brown for assembly using my m110 suppressor and someone mentioned kac had a few mk11 suppressors on hand so I impulse bought the correct can for the mk13 which means the parts will have to wait another year to go for assembly until I have the can in hand to be fitted to the barrel but at the same time I hope the mk11 gods will look favorably on me for getting the can and allow a deal to materialize on a mk11. that's asking a lot though. Alaska was my first shots with the mod 1 and  I just love it. not to mention everybody at the range came to look and ask questions when I pulled that thing out. I havnt even got to either mod 0 yet. there is just no place to shoot here. sadness.
 I ordered the gas port inserts today so I can start working on that too. I run the MBT trigger (boo hiss boo hiss hiss) but it is just the smoothest. I think triggers are like stocks and scopes. one may fit one person better than another. speaking of scopes I hope my battery cap is in the mail today.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#42]

I admit I fell in love with this platform. I was just about to send my mk13 mod 5 parts to allen brown for assembly using my m110 suppressor and someone mentioned kac had a few mk11 suppressors on hand so I impulse bought the correct can for the mk13 which means the parts will have to wait another year to go for assembly until I have the can in hand to be fitted to the barrel but at the same time I hope the mk11 gods will look favorably on me for getting the can and allow a deal to materialize on a mk11. that's asking a lot though. Alaska was my first shots with the mod 1 and  I just love it. not to mention everybody at the range came to look and ask questions when I pulled that thing out. I havnt even got to either mod 0 yet. there is just no place to shoot here. sadness.
 I ordered the gas port inserts today so I can start working on that too. I run the MBT trigger (boo hiss boo hiss hiss) but it is just the smoothest. I think triggers are like stocks and scopes. one may fit one person better than another. speaking of scopes I hope my battery cap is in the mail today.
View Quote
Were you still wanting those other inserts from me?  Havent heard back
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Man, its a bummer to see people get some FF RAS's and literally flip them for 60$ more the next week. Like we all know you just paid 350$ for that rail, why bring It in clone page and try to harp an extra 60$...to many hype boys in the clone "scene" now :/
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Man, its a bummer to see people get some FF RAS's and literally flip them for 60$ more the next week. Like we all know you just paid 350$ for that rail, why bring It in clone page and try to harp an extra 60$...to many hype boys in the clone "scene" now :/
View Quote
If that makes you salty I suggest you don't look at prices on eBay
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:02:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Hey guys, I'm hoping one of y'all can help me out.
I'm in need of just the muzzle brake for my mk12.
I do not need the collar or thread protector, and all I can seem to find online is the "kit" that comes with the collar thread protector and brake.

Anyone have a used one laying around that you might want to sell? Or know of one?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote
Where did you see that? I saw one for 450 in the EE but I thought it had been there a while. eBay is nutz. 550-650. Freakin KAC fsgb 1000 each in the EE 3 I think this week. I'm not selling shit because I could never replace it at current prices. If I am not using something I will always contact someone I know has been looking as so many have done for me.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Dejavu:
Hey guys, I'm hoping one of y'all can help me out.
I'm in need of just the muzzle brake for my mk12.
I do not need the collar or thread protector, and all I can seem to find online is the "kit" that comes with the collar thread protector and brake.

Anyone have a used one laying around that you might want to sell? Or know of one?
View Quote
You can get the brake w/thread protector and crush washer for 99.00 at capital armory. That's the least expensive I've found. Most used ones in the EE are more than that for some reason.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#48]

You can get the brake w/thread protector and crush washer for 99.00 at capital armory. That's the least expensive I've found. Most used ones in the EE are more than that for some reason.
View Quote
Ok thanks, I didn't even know about them.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#49]

Where did you see that? I saw one for 450 in the EE but I thought it had been there a while. eBay is nutz. 550-650. Freakin KAC fsgb 1000 each in the EE 3 I think this week. I'm not selling shit because I could never replace it at current prices. If I am not using something I will always contact someone I know has been looking as so many have done for me.
View Quote
FB page, seen it on the clone page and the other various firearm pages I am on. The way its worded sounds like he got them from D.Todd which is lame because Dennis is good and helped out a few of us to get some FF RAS's.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:01:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmdexe] [#50]
I got 2 from Dennis on the march run a couple months ago, from one of the first runs this year, and Dennis sent me a couple on this run as I had requested an extra one, after the initial march run but I ended up getting an extra one from operation parts on the last batch instead but forgot to notify him. Retail from Dennis is about 370 with tax and shipping, so I'm selling 2 on the ee for that plus the cost of shipping/insurance, and gas to the post office. I'm not making hardly anything. Dennis only got like 25 rails this time around and they were all spoken for, and the next batch isn't do for months out, and could be a smaller batch. I have 2 on the EE, trying to help someone out, and make my money back pretty much.
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top