Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2005 1:13:17 PM EDT
Gentlemen,
The Command Arms Accessories Saddle Stock, SST1 will be in stock and ship December 16, 2005. For those of you who do not know all orders for TDI in the United States will be shipped from C.A.A. So by ordering direct from TDI-Arms you are actually slowing down the process, not speeding it up.

www.commandarms.com

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#1]

I can't wait.  Will they be available in other colors than black?
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

OMG I thought that very same question, we are soooooooooooo gay!
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Is CAA an AR15.com "Industry Partner"?   I like to buy only from those who support this website.    
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 1:27:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OMG I thought that very same question, we are soooooooooooo gay!

Speak for yourself there, slick!
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:39:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Gentlemen,
The Command Arms Accessories Saddle Stock, SST1 will be in stock and ship December 16, 2005. For those of you who do not know all orders for TDI in the United States will be shipped from C.A.A. So by ordering direct from TDI-Arms you are actually slowing down the process, not speeding it up.

www.commandarms.com

From a business perspective, your logic is skewed.  

This is from the website that you've listed:

First Samco Inc. & TDI USA Inc. have joined forces to provide you with the best and most advanced arms accessories for your weapons. The new company, known as CAA, COMMAND ARMS ACCESSORIES, is committed to providing you with innovative products including Picatinny rail systems, advanced light and laser devices, hand grips, stocks, bipods, and adaptors. All Command Arms Accessories come with a lifetime warranty.

So, what "the new company" should have done was anticipate that consumers would order from the TDI website.  To alleviate "your" order fulfillment problems, "the new company" should have provided a switch over statement on the TDI website and provided a link to "the new companies" website.  

Better yet, "the new company" should have put in place an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system or, at a minimum, CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software.  

This way, "the new company" wouldn't be b*tching that the "customers" are causing the "order fulfillment" issues that "the new company" is experiencing and created !  

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 4:45:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 5:41:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:55:44 AM EDT
[#8]
How do you specify what color you want this part to be on the website?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:01:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Fellow ARCOMers,
Command Arms Accessories is terribly sorry for the delay in the SST1 saddle stock. As many of you know we are committed in releasing quality product into the market place, this unfortunately causes manufacturing delays that are inevitable. The SST1 in black, OD Green, and Tan will ship this Thursday, December 22, 2005. We here at C.A.A understand the aggravation related to waiting for anticipated product, and would like to offer free shipping and free patches for cleaning your weapon. I know this doesn’t extinguish your irritation, but I hope it shows we are commitment to customer satisfaction. All of C.A.A products come with a life time warranty and 100% customer satisfaction. We have also made the following corrections to our website thanks to your feed back.
Greatly increases the cheek support while shooting      
And have altered the site to allow the purchase of OD Green and Tan.

http://www.commandarms.com/product.asp?pID=85&cID=57

Gentlemen if you have any questions please contact me…
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:04:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Sir we have been trying for some time to become a partner and advertise on their banner. For some reason this has been incredible difficult. I have gotten to the point of reserving a 2006 banner spot, but when it comes time to pay everyone disappears. Any suggestions out there would be appreciated.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:11:34 AM EDT
[#11]
For some reason this is a continuing problem, I think it is mainly because this site is not a full time job for anyone AFAIK.  
ar15.com/messenger/sendMessage.html?uid=thebeekeeper1

Send an IM through the above link, and TheBeeKeeper1 will help you out.  While it is not his position on the Staff to do it, he kind of makes things happen and has helped out several others who have faced the same dilema.

Good luck with everything, and thanks for coming over here.  Hopefully when a few members get their stock saddles, they can do a well written review with pictures and comments.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I just realized that we are both Fellow Pennsylvanians.  Unfortunately that means I had to pay Taxes  But on the other hand, I will get it pretty quickly too

Cant wait to get it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:49:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Fellow ARCOMers,
Command Arms Accessories is terribly sorry for the delay in the SST1 saddle stock
...we are committed in releasing quality product into the market place
...We here at C.A.A understand the aggravation related to waiting for anticipated product, and would like to offer free shipping and free patches for cleaning your weapon.
...I know this doesn’t extinguish your irritation, but I hope it shows we are commitment to customer satisfaction. All of C.A.A products come with a life time warranty

Glad to see that you have the customer in mind.  Based on your attitude, I can't wait to do business with you in the future.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#14]

I appreciate the update, and since neither alien invasion forces have landed yet, nor zombie hordes risen from the grave, I am eminently capable of patience, and look forward to playing with my order when it arrives.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:12:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Fellow ARCOMers,
Command Arms Accessories is terribly sorry for the delay in the SST1 saddle stock...

We here at C.A.A understand the aggravation related to waiting for anticipated product, and would like to offer free shipping and free patches for cleaning your weapon. I know this doesn’t extinguish your irritation, but I hope it shows we are commitment to customer satisfaction.

Gentlemen if you have any questions please contact me…

I have a couple of questions.

1)  Why did the package that I, and other fellow Arfcommers, recieve not have patches in them?  Should we no longer take your word at face value when your company makes promises?

2)  Why did my cheek rest arrive  today, January 05th, when I ordered it November 17th?  More to the point, why were you unable to give accurate and honest assesment of delays?  Is this something that Arfcommers shoud expect from your business?

3)  Why does the cheek rest include no assembly instructions?  Was that too expensive or difficult to insert along with the packaging?

I'm eager for you to share your respones to the rest of the community...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I orderd mine Nov. 17 and nothing so far.

PLEASE I have called only one time in mid. December and you said it would ship in a week.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:36:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I clicked on the "EMAIL USER" button for CommandArms to request that they respond to this thread several days ago.  Apparantly they have chose to ignore it (although they are the thread originator).  

Perhaps some of the other Arfcommers on this board would like to contact them and express their interest in hearing CommandArm's side of the story...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:23:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
In stock and ready to ship here.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=125&t=319861

+1 for mr tic00--practically free shipping from him (ordered one 2 days ago, he got it out same hr!)!
got it in, went on easily--nice tight fit, definitly worth the $20 imo
h/w, i cant put my rubber butt pad on anymore or my sling....
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Many times in this industry on the lower end of the scale you don't see professional business people. This is probably a smaller outfit, selling plastic add on parts, and they learned a valuable lesson here- don't blame the customer as they are your paycheck and if you can't do what you say your going to do then you will not be reputable in the eyes of your consumers.

I did however get my two stocks, thee weeks after ordered. They're cool I guess, cheaper than an LMT and once added onto your weapon they are sturdy to say the least.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:02:23 AM EDT
[#24]
tReznr's couple of questions.

1) Why did the package that I, and other fellow Arfcommers, recieve not have patches in them? Should we no longer take your word at face value when your company makes promises?

2) Why did my cheek rest arrive today, January 05th, when I ordered it November 17th? More to the point, why were you unable to give accurate and honest assesment of delays? Is this something that Arfcommers shoud expect from your business?

3) Why does the cheek rest include no assembly instructions? Was that too expensive or difficult to insert along with the packaging?

To answer tReznr's couple of questions

1) Sir in out hast to get your product out the where house staff mistakenly overlooked your instructions and patches. I would be happy to send you them to you.

2) Sir you can certainly not expect this from our company, you can expect that we will only release the best product possible. Unfortunately is causes delays that are not anticipated.

3) Sir we do have assembly instructions, again unfortunately the haste to get this product to you they were forgotten. I would be happy to email, fax or mail you the instructions.

I am sorry for all the inconvenience; this is not typically how we do business. The merger is over and things are beginning to get back to normal.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#25]
SST1 Instructions
Sorry no pictures allowed on this thread
Caution:
Make sure that the Firearm is not loaded prior to installation. Practice safe firearm handling procedures at all times.

Description:
Ergonomic cheek rest with two storage compartments for M16/AR15/M4 butt stock

Operating Instructions:

1) Pull out the two sling cavity adapters from the saddle’s kit bag.  
2) Fit the two saddle adapters to the stock’s sling cavity, one on each side with the wide base pointing upwards. Secure saddle adapters with the two longest screws, one in each side.

3) Fit the saddle over the stock

4) Align the screw holes on the saddle with the holes of the sling cavity adapters. Screw the remaining two short screws, securing the saddle to the sling adapters.
5) To close the two storage compartments, push in the plug and turn until it locks in place. The tab on the plug will appear in the window of the cheek piece.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
tReznr's couple of questions.

1) Why did the package that I, and other fellow Arfcommers, recieve not have patches in them? Should we no longer take your word at face value when your company makes promises?

2) Why did my cheek rest arrive today, January 05th, when I ordered it November 17th? More to the point, why were you unable to give accurate and honest assesment of delays? Is this something that Arfcommers shoud expect from your business?

3) Why does the cheek rest include no assembly instructions? Was that too expensive or difficult to insert along with the packaging?

To answer tReznr's couple of questions

1) Sir in out hast to get your product out the where house staff mistakenly overlooked your instructions and patches. I would be happy to send you them to you.

2) Sir you can certainly not expect this from our company, you can expect that we will only release the best product possible. Unfortunately is causes delays that are not anticipated.

3) Sir we do have assembly instructions, again unfortunately the haste to get this product to you they were forgotten. I would be happy to email, fax or mail you the instructions.

I am sorry for all the inconvenience; this is not typically how we do business. The merger is over and things are beginning to get back to normal.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.  I'd also note, however, that I asked the question over a month and a half ago.  Oh, and I sent you an email requesting you to post in the thread in case you somehow forgot to check back in on it...

No one here would have faulted you if you  had posted and said "Hey guys, we have some delays that are beyond our control and we'll let you know just as soon as the stocks are ready to ship."  Instead, you strung people along with promises that you couldn't fufill.

I appreciate you keeping your promise to send out the patches.  You can contact me via IM or email to get my contact info.

Communication and honesty goes a long way in my book, and based on the way I've been treated (although I love the product) I'd be hard pressed to want do business with your company again.  I'd urge you to closely evaluate the way you treated your customers in this instance and implement the necessary changes to ensure that it doesn't happen again.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:34:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:46:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
In stock and ready to ship here.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=125&t=319861

+1 for mr tic00--practically free shipping from him (ordered one 2 days ago, he got it out same hr!)!
got it in, went on easily--nice tight fit, definitly worth the $20 imo
h/w, i cant put my rubber butt pad on anymore or my sling....

Weird . I had no problems getting pads to work with either of the ones I put on .
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
SST1 Instructions
Sorry no pictures allowed on this thread
Caution:
Make sure that the Firearm is not loaded prior to installation. Practice safe firearm handling procedures at all times.

Description:
Ergonomic cheek rest with two storage compartments for M16/AR15/M4 butt stock

Operating Instructions:

1) Pull out the two sling cavity adapters from the saddle’s kit bag.  
2) Fit the two saddle adapters to the stock’s sling cavity, one on each side with the wide base pointing upwards. Secure saddle adapters with the two longest screws, one in each side.

3) Fit the saddle over the stock

4) Align the screw holes on the saddle with the holes of the sling cavity adapters. Screw the remaining two short screws, securing the saddle to the sling adapters.
5) To close the two storage compartments, push in the plug and turn until it locks in place. The tab on the plug will appear in the window of the cheek piece.

Why are pics not allowed?

Everything that came with mine.

Plain stock

Install side thingys

Slip stock over, align holes, and screw in

Other shots

They were done at night with my bad camera, I apologize for the quality but they give people an idea.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#30]
How is everyone liking these? Also has anyone tried this on an older CAR style stock yet? I know the top sling mount would at least have to be removed. They look nice.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#31]
How are they holding up?
Well I use one on my AR and one on my 12 guage .
So far so good .
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top