Last Updated :: 1/27/2013 9:25:42 PM
AR15.COM CODE OF CONDUCT
Here at AR15.Com, we constantly strive to make our discussion forums as fun and lively as possible, while keeping an environment that is also professional and respectful of the fact that firearms enthusiasts are made up of all ages, religions, and ethnicity.
The following are an evolving series of rules for conduct in the forums. Those who choose to break these rules may be warned, have their account temporarily suspended, or be removed from this Website at the discretion of the Staff. Serious violations such as threats of violence or advocating illegal or criminal acts may result in legal action.
Respect your fellow gun owners by not violating the following rules:
1) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature. This includes your username, signature line, title and subject lines of threads.
2) Posting pictures* or links to images which contain pornography, nudity+, animal cruelty, racism, or sexism. Any images of violence which are extreme will be removed and may result in a warning or worse.
3) Posting or linking to information on how to make illegal modifications to firearms or purchase illegal items.
4) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.
5) Posting of someone else's personal contact information (home phone numbers, home addresses, unpublished e-mail addresses, and the like). This includes information obtained through WHOIS searches,etc.
6) Attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.
7) Posting topics or discussions that do the site or community harm. More specifically creating topics meant to disrupt the site's day to day management, disrupt member's resources, or disrupt the ability for the site to function normally. This can include but is not limited to excessive quoting (aka "hourglassing" or quoting 5 or more previous posts,) posting overly large photos or numerous GIF animations, and use of repetative or overly long text strings.
8) Posting repeat topics with similar or slightly varying titles. While it may seem to be funny, the "spamming" of the community in this manner results in problems for users and management. (Multiple topics on important issues or discussions are acceptable, this only applies to topics which waste resources for no other reason except personal enjoyment or humor.)
9) BOTD specific.
10) Copyrighted Material must be respected. If you wish to share an article from another site, it's important you post only a small excerpt of the content (less than 10%) with a link to the original. We will initially issue warnings, but repeat violations will result in your removal from the site.
SPECIFIC PROHIBITIONS FOR TEAM MEMBERS
SPECIFIC TO SALES
Situations which have not been covered in this code of conduct may arise and will be handled by moderators and staff who have been carefully chosen to treat such issues with fairness. The frequency of such situations will guide the staff to make changes to this code of conduct as necessary.
Please enjoy the Website and all it has to offer.