Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/28/2005 5:39:06 PM EDT
colt help
the barrel is colt marked c mp 5.56 nato 1/7 other marking under a1 knob is a C H no FA no brass deflector that is the upper...the loweris a slab slide AR15 A2 cal.223 sporter2. any info would be great thanks~Richard
what kind of Colt is this?i spoke with Colt and the lower was made in 1984. that is all i know~R
Link Posted: 6/28/2005 5:43:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like an R6500:

Colt Variants
Link Posted: 6/28/2005 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#2]
This just came up about a week ago.
I have the same rifle. It's a Colt's Mod R6400, AR-15 A2 Sporter II.  This model was made 84-85.
Some have forward assist on the A1 upper, some don't. Mine doesn't. None have a Brunton bump shell deflector.
Mine is ser. #304XXX.
I bet your first 3 serial numbers are the same or close.

This is sort of a transitional model.

The C H stands for Colt's(mfg) and Harvey Aluminum(the forge, now known as Anchor Harvey).

HTH
Link Posted: 6/28/2005 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#3]
3026xx   thanks for the help. also what is the value of this Colt
Link Posted: 6/28/2005 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Good call, Malysh. I'd never heard of a R6400. I didn't notice originally that it had no forward assist when I read his description of the rifle. The only thing that I could figure was that maybe Colt had released some "bastardized" rifle which they are well-known for doing. I guess I was somewhat correct in that assumption, considering it is probably a transitional rifle.
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 5:28:30 AM EDT
[#5]
The R6400 is not listed in a number of Colt referrence guides that are otherwise very good referrences.
I feel it's a transitional model because it has an A2 barrel, and A2 furnuiture, but has an M-16 or M-16A1 upper receiver and an AR-15 type lower receiver.

I think that Colt's had a lot of M-16 and M-16A1 uppers left in 1984-85. Remember, the DOD and the service branches had just adopted the A2 rifle at this time. By not milling the area in the upper for auto sear clearance, Colt's was able to gradually use up the older style uppers they had left.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top