Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2017 1:05:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dodpilot]
Who has found a bullet seating stem that does NOT either imprint the .308 175 Sierra TIPPED MK over a slightly compressed .308 Win load, or stick the Tipped MK bullet in the seating stem?  The Hornady New Dimension Custom Grade seater die, using an optional 208-gr AMAX seating stem or the factory stem, imprints the hell out of the bullet's ogive (tangible dent ring).  The Forster fully-supported National Match .308 Win seater die sticks to the bullet, HARD!  I spent an hour on each seating stem with 220-grit sandpaper in attempting to remove any ridge and open up the stem mouths.  No help.  RCBS standard die works perfect, no ogive imprints, no stuck bullets, but I wanted a fully-cartridge-supported seating die (e.g. Forster or Hornady) to minimize bullet runout.  Thoughts?  - C. Smock
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I loaded mine with a standard RCBS, so I didn't have any issue.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:48:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rugerdog] [#2]
Used the standard rcbs as well. Used an o-ring to "float" the die in the press and produced a load that's ES is always under 10 and groups very well.

ETA
The concentricity is great as well. Checked the first hundred randomly and discovered I was wasting my time
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 11:02:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you know what your neck tension is?
Top Top