Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2015 12:50:24 PM EDT

Got a call from the landowner to come out and hunt some problem hogs.  We team hunted three of us at different locations watching different feeders.  The landowner saw the hogs pass by in the brush at his stand and they worked their way over to mine.  I didn't see them until just before they got behind the trees where they spent most of their time.  They were upwind of me, but apparently spooked and refused to go to the feeder.  Then they started to leave.

Managed one sow.  She had three near-term piglets onboard.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#1]
VERY NICE
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:31:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep pinging away.  I have 200rds of the 123sst's on the way.  Will see how they shoot.  The 123 AMAX shoot great so the SST'S should do just fine,  Great video!!
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 8:19:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I think you will find the SSTs every bit as accurate and very detrimental on game.  They are more sturdy than the AMAXes and often overpenetrate, usually with some good-sized exit wounds (at least on hogs and smaller).  SSTs are not great if you want minimal pelt damage on fur bearers.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 4:00:43 AM EDT
[#4]
       oops

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top