Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2016 2:02:39 PM EDT
What are you folks using to re-sharpen your broadheads?  I've got about a dozen G5 Montecs that need to be touched up.  Looking at the stone that G5 offers, but I'm open to other options.  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Oil stone, strop and white compound.

Do not use the oil stone at home depot.... Garbage...

If I had the spare change I'd find a whetstone with a course and fine side... Use strop to fine tune after that
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I use an X Block, then strop with the white rouge. Pops hair off your arm when done right.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 6:10:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Soft Arkansas
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:19:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I shoot recurves and wood arrows. the only broadheads I use are Zwickey or Magnus and I use a file.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Ceramic rods have worked well for me. I only hunt with a crossbow, but they must be pretty sharp as I always get pass throughs on Whitetails.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:26:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I use the G5 stone on my montecs and it sharpens them up nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top