User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2014 1:18:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 4:58:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I just harvested mine today.  Very happy with them.  Most formed small cloves above the ground.  They're too small to use, but I'm guessing I can plan them next year?

For storing, my garage can get pretty hot in the summer.  Will that harm the garlic?  Anything else I should consider before storing it?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:03:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I harvested my georgia fire on friday.  a couple nice bigger bulbs, whats interesting is the smaller bulbs, while smaller, they only have 2/3 cloves in each bulb so the cloves are really nice sized.  they will work perfect for my thai chili pickles i'll be making shortly.  maybe i'll dress with a bit 14-14-14 (store didn't have 101010)  before planting this fall.  I had put in a lot of rabbit manure this past spring.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I harvested my California soft-neck garlic today and I'll be starting in the rest of the garlic soon.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone know a grower who still has stock for sale.  I need georgian fire and asian tempest.    would love some Ontario purple trillium too!   let me know if anyone has some and wants to do some trading or something I have a good amount of bogatry and siberian to trade.    

pulled out the last of mine a bit ago but what was suppose to be spanish roja never scaped and started falling over which is what softnecks do when they are ready.  I ordered directly from territorial seed company.  I googled it and a thread popped right up with a few people have the same problem and ordering from them.  It appears they sent me some random variety.  Hopefully it's still good

If anyone wants to do some swapping let me know.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:19:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a small amount of purple Belarus I'd be willing to trade for something exotic.  The Belarus does freaking awesome in my area so I just want to compliment it with a novelty.  No need for me to take on a new variety in large numbers just four or five cloves should do the trick.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:34:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top