Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2015 9:54:39 PM EDT
Hey All,

I picked up some of the USGI Modular Sleep System Intermediate Cold Weather Sleeping bags a while back.

My son is going to Philmont NM for a Boy Scouts winter camp out, and I'm looking to find the other components at reasonable prices

Any ideas whom to contact in finding a GoreTex bivy cover or the inner "summer" bag for use as inner liner?

Any alternative Suggestions as to substitutes or alternatives that won't break my very meager bank?

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:57:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Prep and More has patrol bags for $8. I ordered 4 bags from them in June and they were all in great shape: http://www.prepandmore.com/sleeping-bags/

USRO has bivy  bags or $40... not sure if it is a BF deal, but I remember USRO being mentioned in the Team BF deal thread so there may be a code or something in addition.  http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/GORE-TEX-Military-Issued-Bivy-Cover-8465014168-p/501.htm

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:52:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:52:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
USRO has bivy  bags or $40... not sure if it is a BF deal, but I remember USRO being mentioned in the Team BF deal thread so there may be a code or something in addition.  http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/GORE-TEX-Military-Issued-Bivy-Cover-8465014168-p/501.htm  
View Quote

It was 40% off everything today, but may be done now.  No codes, they just applied the discount in the checkout.  They did have some of the other components too, and the $40 bivys were $24 with the sale.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I got my 5 patrol bags and 5 black outer bags from Prep & More.  I asked for actual shipping which was cheaper than their web site.

I am now in the process of cleaning them in the washing machine,  the ones I looked at did not have any tears, the zippers worked

The black outer bag was  $12.99 and the patrol bag were $7.99, a heck pif a deal.

I picked up the military stuff bags from another vendor last year so now I have 5 military bags for a fraction of the cost

Anyone know were to get the gortex outer cover??
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got my 5 patrol bags and 5 black outer bags from Prep & More.  I asked for actual shipping which was cheaper than their web site.

I am now in the process of cleaning them in the washing machine,  the ones I looked at did not have any tears, the zippers worked

The black outer bag was  $12.99 and the patrol bag were $7.99, a heck pif a deal.

I picked up the military stuff bags from another vendor last year so now I have 5 military bags for a fraction of the cost

Anyone know were to get the gortex outer cover??
View Quote

Looking for these too!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 12:04:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Copes Distributing has the Bivy sacks for $29.

Also in ACU for the same price.

Anybody know where to get compression sacks for a good price?
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 3:41:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank You VERY MUCH!!!

Ordered them for my bags, so our winter camp out will be dry and warm at night!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Top Top