Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:18:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
And if so, are you changing anything?
View Quote

you are getting caught up in the media's plan

There is no more threat of war than there ever was, just more coverage.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, maybe. 

Confirmed successful ICBM launch, that tin pot dictator is spouting his mouth more than usual it seems (and appears to be building his arsenal in broad daylight), and Trump will sign off on a strike I think. I wasn't worried under POTUS O unless we were actually struck on the mainland or HI. 

Or maybe I need to unplug for a while 
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#4]
The Korean War never ended. An armistice was signed July 27,1953 and no peace treaty was signed so both Koreas are technically still at war.

N. Korea has conducted numerous aggressive acts over time. In 2010, a North Korean submarine torpedoed and sank the South Korean corvette.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Korean War never ended. An armistice was signed July 27,1953 and no peace treaty was signed so both Koreas are technically still at war.
View Quote
This actually adds to my thoughts that Trump will take no shit.

I don't know the full legals of it, but since we are still technically at war, Congress would not be needed to continue military action, correct?
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Fat Boy doesn't seem too concerned about provoking a war or he thinks Trump will back down like FBHO and Clinton.

Trump is in the unenviable position of possibly letting Fat Boy have an ICBM and a nuke if he doesn't act.

I don't doubt that we can take out the Norks but it sure has the potential to be pretty ugly until we kill enough of them that the rest stop fighting..
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

As to NK specifically, I see them more doing a HEMP than a full scale attack. I think China is using them as a semi anon proxy, playing both sides of the issue.
View Quote
And that genius master plan could well find them living next to a nuclear armed Japan.

Not to mention, I happen to know of another nuclear armed country that encouraged it's similar idealog neighbor to nuke up.  That would be Russia, who very quickly found themselves looking at a lot of nuclear weapons pointing back at them - thinking maybe that didn't work out so good after all.   How quickly we forget.  

See, the thing China is F'ing up here, is they somehow think that the history of their support and aid to NK will be worth something.  It's like going to an EBT card neighborhood and expecting gratitude for being the one providing the funds for those EBT cards.  There's no enmity in the human mind, quite like the enmity one gets from those to whom you've been providing charity and support.  

China very likely is going to be biggest long-term loser from this.  And they're too stupid to figure that out.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#8]
We need to destroy NK and send a message to Iran. You are next.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 4:36:54 PM EDT
[#9]
You coming back off of retirement, EOD?
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 4:46:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You coming back off of retirement, EOD?
View Quote
If this was for me, I don't follow..
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I think it's actually the opposite.  Unless we are prepared to glass the entire country before they have a chance to launch - which we aren't - I don't see how attacking a nuclear power run by a crazy dictator could possibly end well.

ETA This is assuming they develop nuclear weapons that could target us or our allies.  Until such time, we still have a chance to push their shit in and set an example for other countries like Iran.  But that window is shrinking.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#12]
This is all media hype to get viewers.  We are not going to strike North Korea.

Think about what North Korea wants. North Korea does not want to attack the US and really isn't that interested in attacking South Korea.  The results of either of those actions would be at best violent regime change and at worse a nuclear strike from the USA.  The reason North Korea wants nukes is because nukes are the only way to protect themselves from outside regime change.  

All that talk about attacking the USA and so on is largely for home consumption.  Remember, North Korea has always been at war with Eastasia. 

A military strike would result in (1) an invasion of South Korea, and (2) the possible intervention of China (Because China will not tolerate a unified Korea that is not under it's control.  Many thousands will die and there will probably be millions of North Korean refugees streaming north into China.  

So, ask yourself.  Is continued "Strategic Patience" a better alternative than a military strike, at least for today?
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Hope not.

I "thinks" I'm far enough away from the left coast.  No changes here, just hoping Dennis Rodman can talk this ass hat of the ledge.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I would agree with you...But IMHO: Kim Jong-un is not sane!!
Even China does not want to push him to far!
Would we strike first. I hope not!
But either way, they strike or we strike!
We should do it with NO Political correctness!!!
Also IMHO: We are here, because at lease, the last 3 administration!
Has try making deals, to stop what we are all worried about, may come now!
Hope for the best!
Plan for the worst!
Just don't be paranoid about it!!!

PITA45
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I would agree with you...But IMHO: Kim Jong-un is not sane!!
View Quote
Why do you think he is not sane?  It seems like he has acted pretty rationally, at least in terms of his own self-interest.  He may be a sociopath, but he is a pretty rational self-actor. 
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don't know the full legals of it, but since we are still technically at war, Congress would not be needed to continue military action, correct?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congress hasn't declared war since 1941.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 6:16:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Feels that way - but I think it would take a strike from NK first.  Conventional or Nuke.  I don't think launching test missiles or nuking caves count as a strike either.  They will have to make an actual aggressive move against South Korea, Japan, or the US

The reaction of either the Chinese or the Russians is just too much of an unknown.  No leader in their right mind would hit first and see what happens.

China came to their aid before, they will again.

OTOH - if there is some super secret 'no one can know' deal with both the Chinese and the Russians that they will not interfere - - - -
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Even Mad Dog has stated that the military option is very messy.  This is what happens when limp dick leaderless fucks are put in charge.  Nobody wanted to solve the problem, they just kept pushing it off to the next dickless fuck.  The longer we wait the worst the options get.  It's a very bad situation, and it won't be pretty fixing it.  China is the key, If I was Trump, I'd start by telling the Chinese to starve the bastard out if they ever want to sell anything here in the states again.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 7:35:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And if so, are you changing anything?

I have to disagree, NK having missiles that can reach our shores is a huge threat and will only bring us closer to war. Being wrong with respect to NK's willingness to use one on us is a risk we shouldn't be willing to take.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Not much concern for Florida.

It would be surprising if the US isn't able to shoot down incoming missiles, assuming there aren't 1000 of them at one time.

Plus there isn't much in it for the US from an Imperialistic POV.  Very little industry and goods to steal.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 11:46:30 PM EDT
[#21]
No and No.

I've seen the Republic of Korea's (South Korea) airmen in training. I'm betting the girl scout of South Korea will wipe Unjung Pun Tangs 1/3rd's butt of it came down to it.

I'll never forget at Kwang Ju airbase seeing the South Korean Air Force guys being "ducked walked" (walking in the squatting position) with their M-16's held over their heads. They are some tough mofo's!!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 12:18:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
No and No.

I've seen the Republic of Korea's (South Korea) airmen in training. I'm betting the girl scout of South Korea will wipe Unjung Pun Tangs 1/3rd's butt of it came down to it.

I'll never forget at Kwang Ju airbase seeing the South Korean Air Force guys being "ducked walked" (walking in the squatting position) with their M-16's held over their heads. They are some tough mofo's!!!
View Quote
I was stationed at Kwang Ju, I'm pretty sure they aren't as competent as you think.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#23]
No, its pretty much been this way for the past 50 years.
Just like his daddy and grandpa, Kim Young Fat has learned how to play us and China to keep resources flowing in, and we use him in turn to keep the balance of power.  
Every region of the world has its useful boogey men: Castro, Hamas, Rapefugees, what have you.

If I may say so, its probably better to focus on potential disasters you can do something about, like losing a job, prolonged illness, legal battles, etc once you have your hurricane supplies laid in. If you really want an NBC shelter, call it a root cellar or safe room.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:48:31 PM EDT
[#24]
I honestly don't care anymore.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I was stationed at Kwang Ju, I'm pretty sure they aren't as competent as you think.
View Quote
You ain't been packed until you've been Wolfpacked!
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Nope, the evil little bastard offspring from an evil dad is just interested in extorting resources and riches from countries. They have not displayed any of the psychotic behaviors that islamists have to demonstrate their desires. Not saying what they do internally isn't psychotic, but they are not exporting it for ideology purposes. They only export terroristic technology for their own gain (a crude form of capitalism).
They are nuclear enabled scofflaws that extort from their region (and the US) support and supplies to keep their little version of hell existing. To expand, they will be destroyed, and they like being the hell they are over annihilation.

A war with china would happen first, they use the norks as a "squirrel" and shield to the regional neighbors, and as such might invite conflict first before actually overthrowing their puppet ally.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#27]
War? Not a chance. Confrontation? Maybe.

Just keep doing more of the same...more food, more meds, more money, more distance, more fuel, more allies. For 99% of us, I would think, we're already de facto covered by the preps we've already been making.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#28]
While NK can not go head to head with us in nuclear arms( their 10 atomic bombs against our 6,000+ state of the art nuclear arms), the NK can do an air burst over each of our East and West coast. This burst would cause an EMP over most of North American. Death toll has been estimated as high as 90% of the population within the effected area within a year. While I do not think it would be that high, we could loose half our population, which keeps me awake at night.

I have reloaded all my 30-06, 7.62 NATO, about 2,000 rounds.
I am just finishing the reloading of 5.56 NATO, about 11,000 rounds.
Gone thru all my medical supplies, getting rid of expired meds, and expanding and upgrading medical wraps and equipment.
Got my 1971 pick up in good running shape, replacing battery, brakes, rebuilt carb, replaced fuel pump and etc...
Got a old AM/SW tube radio rebuilt.
Repaired all my weapons and bought spare parts.
Got my old VW beetle running.
Replace the 12v battery to the whole house generator.
Had 3 corrective surgeries this year, that I have been putting off for years.  

Future Projects before the end of the year

Reload all my 9mm, 45 acp, 38 special, 357 mag.
Get all my dental work taken care of.
Build shelves for my 5 gallon buckets of food of wheat and beans.
Expand my food supply from 1 year of food for my wife and myself to 1 year of food for my adult son and daughter.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 2:51:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Nope.

Nope.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:06:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
 ^^ Same. Restoring the power to our elected officials, removing power from the Deep State is the concern. Limp Dong Ill, like his father Limp Dong Suk, is just a pawn of the ChiCom Machine.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:50:35 AM EDT
[#31]
How do they effectively create an EMP over the US with fission only weapons?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
How do they effectively create an EMP over the US with fission only weapons?
View Quote
Best I can tell, they can't even reach the west coast at this point. The only places they could reasonably expect to hit are Alaska and Hawaii. Given their repeated failures, it's just as likely they'd hit Russia as Fairbanks. I think the range of their missiles is such that they wouldn't be able to get close enough to the west coast to create an EMP effect on California, for example. Kim Dumb Fat may try to hit Pearl Harbor in Hawaii, though. If I were living there, I'd start thinking about how to make a shelter.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:24:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
While NK can not go head to head with us in nuclear arms( their 10 atomic bombs against our 6,000+ state of the art nuclear arms), the NK can do an air burst over each of our East and West coast. This burst would cause an EMP over most of North American. Death toll has been estimated as high as 90% of the population within the effected area within a year. While I do not think it would be that high, we could loose half our population, which keeps me awake at night.

Gone thru all my medical supplies, getting rid of expired meds, and expanding and upgrading medical wraps and equipment.
Got my 1971 pick up in good running shape, replacing battery, brakes, rebuilt carb, replaced fuel pump and etc...

Expand my food supply from 1 year of food for my wife and myself to 1 year of food for my adult son and daughter.
View Quote
I sincerely hope NK is not really keeping you up at night.

Where do you get that 90% number? Why do you think 50%?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:26:32 PM EDT
[#34]
I think the most likely way for NK to reach us is in a container ship.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
 ^^ Same. Restoring the power to our elected officials, removing power from the Deep State is the concern. Limp Dong Ill, like his father Limp Dong Suk, is just a pawn of the ChiCom Machine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:57:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Nothing to worry about. Trump would like to let the US be boss, but congress and too many admin people are selling us out.

North Korea is only doing this so China can get a better trade deal. I wouldn't be surprised if NK was actually fully belonging to China. Like, not even truly their own country and don't consider themselves to be.

So no, Fake News and China.

Trump even came out and told the country publically with all this stuff happening, it happens every time and it's just so China can get a better trade deal to 'keep NK in line.' He said it's a game we've been playing for a while, and we'll continue to play it (for now).
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
 How do you figure 2x 10kt atomic (I'll believe it was nuclear when a reputable source other than North Korea confirms it) weapons are going to cause an EMP that knocks out most of North America?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I sincerely hope NK is not really keeping you up at night.

Where do you get that 90% number? Why do you think 50%?
View Quote
I believe that is the number used in the book "One Second After". I can't understand why a fiction book keeps coming back as fact whenever someone mentions "EMP", but I guess it satisfies the fear.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:51:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Welp, this thread has suddenly become more relevant!!

Scale of 1-10, what stage are we at on the "I think I need to square my preps away" meter??
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 8:17:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Scale of 1-10, what stage are we at on the "I think I need to square my preps away" meter??
View Quote
I always use these situations to top things off.  I'm already squared away for the most part but whenever I get a little nervous I go to Walmart.  

It's a running joke in our house.  I just buy stuff we're going to use anyway.  It makes me feel better.

I do not believe war is imminent but what do I know.  I can only do what I can do.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 9:54:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Going to buy more gasoline. I've let stocks get to low.

Have 5 freezers worth of meat and dozens of chickens to butcher yet. We won't starve..
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:29:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
10.  Always 10.  That's what prepping is all about.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 6:33:17 AM EDT
[#44]
There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT!

Credit given to Men in Black movie, 1997.

This line is befitting of this thread. We prep for the obvious stuff but in reality, I believe we know very little about what goes on and what we really should be concerned about. North Korea has less of a chance than the Nazis had with German equipment in 1943 against us in present day. I say that they have less than a 50% chance of a successful launch of any sort of missile at the platform.

The ONLY and I mean only concern I have, is of other allegiances taking advantage of the static while we are focused on one spot.

So has it changed anything? No and it shouldn't. Bad people, bad groups, bad alliances, bad governments are always somewhere. The key is to keep a cool head, remain vigilant and go about life.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 6:41:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Not going to happen. I just don't see us launching the first strike and they can't be stupid enough to give us an excuse to blow them off the map.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Nope.

Nope.
View Quote
And I'll add another nope.

Look the other direction.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:48:12 PM EDT
[#47]
I am pretty sure that Kim is stupid enough to wake the sleeping bear. It will be bloody and ugly. He will be DEEEEEEP underground when he pushes the button, so getting him will take some effort.
I just hope we will use pretty much everything we have in inventory to make it easier for the Sea Bees to pave the place.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:16:48 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm getting all my BIRD FLU preps inventoried...

Then we will shelter in place starting next week until we see the ALL CLEAR

Written in the sky -----like Batman!

lol

Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:23:31 PM EDT
[#49]
I think if I were on the west coast, in Hawaii, Alaska, Japan, or South Korea, I'd only be worried a little. Thing is, Lil Kimmie's threats are only useful to try to make the adults at the table want to send more stuff. Once the gravy train from abroad (especially China) stops, his regime dies. If he shoots his nukes, he gets turned into charcoal along with the military generals who prop him up. He CAN'T shoot his nukes because then he loses the position of being a "potential" threat and becomes a real one with the very real consequences that follow.

While it's obvious that he has an ICBM capability, however unreliable it may be, it's also obvious that he has nuclear devices that have been tested underground. I'm not convinced he has nuclear devices small enough and designed to survive reentry, though. So, all the bluster and fear mongering is likely just that.

Similarly, China won't get in the way if we decide to do something. Their economy is entirely dependent on ours and should something upset the apple cart, their economy would collapse overnight. Granted, ours would be in a world of hurt as well, but we don't depend on them to buy our stuff. They depend on us to buy their stuff.

Russia could care less either way. They just don't want several million brainwashed dolts to come streaming across their border looking to get fed. There's a reason why both China and Russia have amassed troops on their borders with NK, and this is it.

All that said, we're assuming Lil Kimmie is a rational person and not an irrational psychopath that many believe him to be. If that turns out to be the case, don't be surprised if he lashes out regardless of the consequences.

My only prep changes would be to make sure there are sufficient replacement parts for things coming from China or South Korea. For sure if things go south, shipping lanes will be affected.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#50]
When .mil reserve forces call up notices go out I will start paying attention.  Until then this NK thing is just the media's wet dream.  Fear sells advertising space.

If the U.S. were seriously considering military action don't you think we would have reserves on standby at least.  Remember the amount of ordinance and equipment that went out of the U.S. prior to sandbox I and II?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top