BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When .mil reserve forces call up notices go out I will start paying attention.  Until then this NK thing is just the media's wet dream.  Fear sells advertising space.

If the U.S. were seriously considering military action don't you think we would have reserves on standby at least.  Remember the amount of ordinance and equipment that went out of the U.S. prior to sandbox I and II?
View Quote
I agree but, I wonder how much ordinance and equipment has already been prepositioned in SK.  It's not like we haven't been there for the last 50 years.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:53:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I agree but, I wonder how much ordinance and equipment has already been prepositioned in SK.  It's not like we haven't been there for the last 50 years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When .mil reserve forces call up notices go out I will start paying attention.  Until then this NK thing is just the media's wet dream.  Fear sells advertising space.

If the U.S. were seriously considering military action don't you think we would have reserves on standby at least.  Remember the amount of ordinance and equipment that went out of the U.S. prior to sandbox I and II?
A couple of weeks ago, right before Trump came here to the shipyard, there were 5 carriers sitting in Norfolk. I've only seen that happen one other time over a decade ago. This morning, there were only 2 in the docks. That knowledge and a buck fiddy will buy you a coke at McDs.

I've heard there are huge stockpiles of stuff in Korea but also Guam. But, that's only rumor, not fact. There is a thought that if the balloon went up along the DMZ, there wouldn't be time to airlift or sealift huge amounts of supplies, ordnance, etc. So, it would make perfect sense to already have gear and stores in country already. Same thing with personnel. It would take too much time to airlift huge numbers of personnel in a short window.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:09:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

A couple of weeks ago, right before Trump came here to the shipyard, there were 5 carriers sitting in Norfolk. I've only seen that happen one other time over a decade ago. This morning, there were only 2 in the docks. That knowledge and a buck fiddy will buy you a coke at McDs.

I've heard there are huge stockpiles of stuff in Korea but also Guam. But, that's only rumor, not fact. There is a thought that if the balloon went up along the DMZ, there wouldn't be time to airlift or sealift huge amounts of supplies, ordnance, etc. So, it would make perfect sense to already have gear and stores in country already. Same thing with personnel. It would take too much time to airlift huge numbers of personnel in a short window.
View Quote
^ This right here.  One also has to consider that compared to the situation SK was in at the beginning of the Korean War, they are much better prepared.  60+ years with a NK gun to your head will effectively do that.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the war over yet?
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:17:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is the war over yet?
View Quote
 Hopefully
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Not as much as a civil war! People are so full of hate!

Sad but I feel people need to feel pain to feel love! So much history has been told as a lie to us!
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Since my response on July 21, about the US getting closer to war with North Korea, there were a number of naysayers that replied to my post.

Now that NK has detonated an H-Bomb, I now unfortunately  feel vindicated. Please pay attention to what is going on. Hopefully I am wrong and my tin foil is on too tight. But please take the precautions you deem important to protect your families against an EMP.

Again, I am losing sleep over this.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Since my response on July 21, about the US getting closer to war with North Korea, there were a number of naysayers that replied to my post.

Now that NK has detonated an H-Bomb, I now unfortunately  feel vindicated. Please pay attention to what is going on. Hopefully I am wrong and my tin foil is on too tight. But please take the precautions you deem important to protect your families against an EMP.

Again, I am losing sleep over this.
View Quote
Look, there is no reason to lose sleep over this.  As individuals this is out of our control.  

With that said, the attention span of GD is usually about 10 minutes -- or the time it takes to move a thread off page 1.  I didn't forget about this thread because I believe Trump is going to do something.  What, I have no clue.  We can only wait to see how this plays out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#9]
If we are smart we won't deploy any bombs, but we will deliver a very select biological agent.  We can control the border, let it spread through the north and into china if they aren't careful.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm sure at this point if NK does one more stupid thing after they launched a missle over Japan and then exploded A H-bomb this weekend.
The USA and United Nations will do a missle strike on NK.
It's a chess game and if NK keeps up the sinanigans we will call her bluff with a missle strike.
Hopefully we will take down all her missle launch capibilities and render NK a useless nation along the lines of future threats.
I'm sure the Russians and Chinese are watching to see what cards we hold up our sleeves.
Between our Stealth fighters and satellite EMP program I'm sure we can put NK back in the stone ages.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 7:50:57 AM EDT
[#11]
The economic SHTF could get bad soon if China is cut off from exports.   Not to mention stock market.  

Seems like silver prices will go up again though.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top