BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Racket case fits a 8.5" pistol + KAK blade perfectly.
Plenty of room for mags too

I dont leave my weapon in the vehicle unless absolutely necessary (like for a quick dinner stop)- but seeing as how we travel with a 5 year old and a 11 month old we dont go sit down for many dinners on the road
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:52:41 PM EDT
[#3]
My car came with styrofoam compartments under the trunk floor so I carved out some pieces to accommodate the barrel, magazine well, pistol grip, and receiver extension to fit an 11.5" upper.  SBR lower with collapsed stock fits in here, too.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:40:19 PM EDT
[#4]
When I get $80 in my pocket, I am thinking about this in a chair bag

http://www.roll-n-go.net/shop/ar15-case

Any one have experience with it?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:11:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I get $80 in my pocket, I am thinking about this in a chair bag

http://www.roll-n-go.net/shop/ar15-case

Any one have experience with it?
View Quote

Looks like a bit much for a need in hurry item.

ymmv
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I am sure the 75 bucks would be worth it if I felt that was an ideal setup.

None of my ar rifles have a folding pistol grip.  Did not know that such a thing existed, but ok.

How is that thing gonna work if I want to carry it and get to magazine once rifle is out?

I have some cheap rifle cases and they have their own shoulder strap and velcro tops for the mag holders so it can become a huge mag holder once the rifle is out.

If you like the idea of a tool rollup concept, research tool rollups.  You can make your own for your specific setup.

To some extent I am as likely to have an old surplus mag holder, the cheap green alice clip design for 3 ar mags, and it can get a shoulder strap added to it pretty easily if you use your imagination.  They can be attached to molle stuff as well, as usual paracord to the rescue.

Overall it comes down to how you think you might want to use it.  If I have a firearm in my vehicle and I want it accessible I want it ready to go as quick as I get to it.  Hope I don't need it, but seems bad to have to do extra steps to get to it.  Now this can be looked at several ways, security is slow to get through and slow for a thief to get through.  So as always you have to decide for yourself.

The nice thing about a chair bag or sports bag or whatever is that you can use a properly colored piece of fabric to cover your rifle if it has a bit of an open end, like cheap chair bags that don't close up 100%.  Open bag, move cloth and pull out rifle.  

And as usual I have found the only thing that happens if I have a firearm in the vehicle is that I am much more likely to get it out and shoot it when at the range and I am more likely to swing by the range on short notice vs. having to load up to go to the range.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 2:04:15 PM EDT
[#7]
In some states it is illegal to have a none factory hidden compartment in a vehicle. Ohio is one of them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 3:19:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top