User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:46:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Where are you seeing this?  

I don't see it on any of the channels or sites.  

Any links or other info?

Thanks

-Emt1581
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now it's being reported that upwards of a dozen airliners have been taken over at an airport.

I realize the chances of one of those planes ever making it to our airspace is slim, but there's still a pucker factor.

If they somehow figured out a way to pull one (or 12) over on us, they could pull a 9/11 anywhere.

Any links or other info?

Thanks

-Emt1581

Missing Libyan Jetliners Raise Fears of Suicide Airliner Attacks on 9/11

Kind of strange, though.  Yesterday (I think) I saw the story both on Fox and CNN, but it looks like it's been pulled from there now.  Maybe it turned out to be BS, but I don't see any "it was BS" retraction stories either.

ETA: I found the story on Fox again, buried in the 'Political' section. But it turns out it was really just a link back to the Washington Free Beacon article linked above.  A few other sites also had story links back to the WFB site.  In fact, I don't see it posted anywhere else except for the original story.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:45:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

They would, would they?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They would last long in my AO. It may be NY but we don't take no crap

They would, would they?

FYI:

"The NRA affiliate saw its membership rise from 22,000 statewide to 41,000 since the SAFE Act was approved in January 2013, King said.

That’s not all:

The NRA headquarters in Washington recently informed him his state affiliate has now surpassed Texas and California to become the largest state chapter in the nation."

Yeah, we are disarmed, helpless, in occupied territory... All we got is 10 round magazines and old mini-14s.

Invade us. Please.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:53:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Kind of strange, though.  Yesterday (I think) I saw the story both on Fox and CNN, but it looks like it's been pulled from there now.  Maybe it turned out to be BS, but I don't see any "it was BS" retraction stories either.

ETA: I found the story on Fox again, buried in the 'Political' section. But it turns out it was really just a link back to the Washington Free Beacon article linked above.  A few other sites also had story links back to the WFB site.  In fact, I don't see it posted anywhere else except for the original story.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now it's being reported that upwards of a dozen airliners have been taken over at an airport.

I realize the chances of one of those planes ever making it to our airspace is slim, but there's still a pucker factor.

If they somehow figured out a way to pull one (or 12) over on us, they could pull a 9/11 anywhere.

Any links or other info?

Thanks

-Emt1581

Oddly enough, the article I read is now gone as well. However, I did find a comparable one on TheBlaze. Be prepared for pop-ups and offers, but this is close to the same report that I had read yesterday.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/02/report-nearly-a-dozen-commercial-airliners-missing-ahead-of-911-anniversary-after-islamists-overrun-libyan-airport/
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:00:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Oddly enough, the article I read is now gone as well. However, I did find a comparable one on TheBlaze. Be prepared for pop-ups and offers, but this is close to the same report that I had read yesterday.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/02/report-nearly-a-dozen-commercial-airliners-missing-ahead-of-911-anniversary-after-islamists-overrun-libyan-airport/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any links or other info?

Thanks

-Emt1581

Check the link at the bottom of the Blaze article... it links back to the Free Beacon too.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:21:21 AM EDT
[#5]

lol..beat!
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
ISIS is not a terrorist organization in the sense of al-Qaeda, but instead function closer to that of Hezbollah. They operate with the intent of gaining local political control as a result of their attacks to create a state supportive of their interests.

They are not the fanatical, poorly organized terror cells that al-Qaeda was, but a fairly well organized military force (or at least better organized and trained than the Iraqi military/police, which the US trained). Attacking randomly within the US would not further any political goal and would only give the US government reason to re-enter Iraq (which ISIS doesn't want), so they'll just keep slaughtering folks in Iraq while talking big about how they're not afraid of the US.
Their goal is to win in Iraq and carve out an extremist state, which is easily done with us out of the picture.

I'd worry more about lone wolf/homegrown weirdos who have no organization and fly largely under the radar until they either make an attack (as the Tsarnaev brothers did in Boston) or become too vocal and get caught (such as the Hutaree, a christian supremacist group that was arrested in 2010 while planning to murder police officers).
View Quote

Huratree guys were released not guilty as well. Iirc. Not picking sides but they were very active iirc in the militia game and posted a shit ton of bids on YouTube. Funny part is the guys they arrested were older than most you'd see in the videos ....

To say "ohh Isis wont to xxx " leaves us open to blindsided

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Those who forget history....
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:06:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Those who forget history....will double tap --- DOH!

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Three pages and no practical advice on how to prepare for the possibility of a terrorist organization launching attacks in the hometown? C'mon guys.......
View Quote

This is SF.  We're already ready.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Three pages and no practical advice on how to prepare for the possibility of a terrorist organization launching attacks in the hometown? C'mon guys.......
View Quote

I live in Redneck central, 4x4s and hunting rifles... I am figuring the biggest ass turkey shoot... on the serious side, best is to be home, be almost invisible
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:32:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I originally thought "no way, not in my area" but considering these people don't care if they live or die maybe I'm wrong.  I worked with a Syrian and he could have passed as an average man on the street anywhere in American. He had red hair and didn't look anything like what most people think of when they think middle eastern.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:35:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:35:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same way you prepare for everything else.  Prep for what you think is the greatest threat.  As far as terrorist organizations launching attacks in the hometown?  I would say encourage local CCW, that would help significantly in some scenarios, i.e hostage/mass shooting/school massacres.  The more initial resistance via CCW, the more time is bought for the initial response by the professionals.  That is the scenario I am most worried about IN MY HOMETOWN.

As far as preps?   The best prep, the single common denominator in most likely terror situations is the individual.   Take a class, do PT, range drills, do PT.  Work on situational awareness.  Keep your GHB with you, it doesn't do any good if you don't have it. Keep the tank full in the car.  Stay alert, stay alive.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Let me put it to you this way...

The second turdstain killed while fighting for ISIS had a job cleaning aircraft at Minneapolis-St. Paul International. Our background check system here is a real winner.

It's not a threat here because it's their home base.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Yup, would have said no way 6 months ago, now we have one or two jack-weeds that go over there once or twice a year (Syria or somewhere) and come back here spouting their nonsense.  Who knows what they could do.  My answer, keep my head down, work hard, watch out for my kiddo's as best I can, and pray hard.  Don't live in fear, but don't live in denial either!!

Doc
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:28:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same way you deal with everything else.  Prep for what you believe most likely to occur.

Could be a series of coordinated, localized attacks at schools, malls at Christmas, churches on Sunday morning, Friday night HS football games, etc.  Best prep there?  Situational awareness, and being armed (if allowed at all such locations in your AO).  

But they could go bigger, depending on capability.  This article raises concerning about taking down the grid:  http://washingtonexaminer.com/new-isis-threat-americas-electric-grid-blackout-could-kill-9-of-10/article/2552766

Likely?  I don't know.  Sure has been a lot of talk over the last year about mysterious, well orchestrated attacks at sub stations.  Probing our defenses in anticipation of a larger attack?  Who knows.

But if they succeeded in bringing down the grid for an extended period of time, America would quickly turn into the wild west...except most don't have the skills to live in that environment.  Mad max, doomsday scenario.  Get out your zombie preps.

I think they will attack, perhaps soon, but it is likely to be localized.  That said, while the immediate destruction from the attack will likely be localized, it will have far-reaching impact.

P.S - quasi related, for those looking for more info on the Libyan jets/Free Beacon, here is a link with some pics (but no new reporting).  http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/09/photos-posted-of-captured-commercial-planes-at-tripoli-international-airport/?PageSpeed=noscript
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#18]
I think they would more than likely be going for the grid also, but wouldn't be surprised if they had some dirty bombs in the planes.

I don't think it will be a 9/11 style attack because the planes will be low on fuel (unless they fill up in Mexico). Rather they will try for other targets such as the ones I mentioned above or other maximum fear targets previously mentioned such as malls, hospitals, schools, stadiums, etc.

As for preparing for it, we've been prepared for these attacks for some time and won't do anything differently other than stay out of the city on 9/11.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:21:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I live in Mpls.  Frankly ground zero for the ones that are going over to fight.

Not doing anything differently than I usually do, but raising awareness and making sure that my family is in communication at all times.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please refer to my post on page one.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You're not paying attention, that is not their style.  If they had that many dedicated followers here they could hit MUCH bigger/more important targets than a few wally worlds or local county courthouses.

The only guys to hit local stuff are lone wolf's afflicted with SJS, and thankfully they never seem to do well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Evey where I read all reports appear to indicate that an ISIS threat (or any other radical group) would be a 911 type of attack or a dirty bomb. Why isn't anyone looking at the possibility of a bunch of ISIS members gathering in an area or multiple areas and opening up attacks on a small towns or even a subdivisions? These guys could do a lot damage and killing before any defensive forces are put together.. They don't care if they die or not, they have noting to loose and everything to gain.

Because attacks in Bumfuck OH do not rate on a 'Wow That's Hot!" scale.  Besides it could be years before anyone heard of it.

That is why they attack much more visible locations - places people know.  The idea being if they can hit high visibility/important targets they can hit anywhere, which causes more fear.

nearly every BumFuck USA has a mini-mall or Super Wal-Mart and they all have county courthouses...if on 9/11 100 of these dedicated prophets were to walk into 100 malls of America and light it up with AK's and AR15s.

You're not paying attention, that is not their style.  If they had that many dedicated followers here they could hit MUCH bigger/more important targets than a few wally worlds or local county courthouses.

The only guys to hit local stuff are lone wolf's afflicted with SJS, and thankfully they never seem to do well.

you mean like those pressure cooker bombs in Boston or work place violence? Beltway sniper, attempted Gas line attack in NYC, attempted bridge attack in the Midwest, several LONE wolf attacks including one in Dallas last year(set up by the FBI) but the kid pressed the button.., 1 -10- 100..ive been waiting since they cut the throats of a few Jewish athletes in Munich 40 years ago..Jihad WILL happen here, today, next week, 2015 who knows but it's going to come. IF Islam cant convert thru peaceful means, violence is the only answer and these sons of bitches are even killing their own who say violence is not the answer..

IF they are truly working with the cartels in Mexico..I've watched 40 years of the war on drugs stop little or nothing from crossing our southern border from either direction, whores, drugs, money, guns, explosives, what's stopping 10k muslim warriors crossing during the next year
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I know they are too crazy/ignorant to be scared but after the response Putin and Kadyrov gave today I'd get as far away from sand as possible at this point!  I'm not sure we'll see miles of glass parking lot.  But just the response alone made Barry look like a pre-schooler that still wets the bed.  If they follow through it just might alleviate the threat (somewhat) for us on the mainland.

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#24]
A yuppie target such as The Galleria in Dallas with a large % too cool to have a CHL in a Mumbai style is my bet on their next attack.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#25]
My suggestion as far as preps for possible "terrsst!" attack is pretty much the same as my suggestion for living in an urban setting: CCW (always), and take classes on a regular basis to become proficient at using whatever weapon you choose to carry. Some of the handgun classes I've seen dealt specifically with an "active shooter" such as at a mall or flash mob. If you do well with those classes, it's about as good as you'll do living your everyday life while being prepared for knuckleheads. OTOH, a grid attack would be quite unpleasant for everyone until the power comes back on line. It supposedly wouldn't take much to wreak havoc if they were somehow smart enough to hit one ore more of the 9 key interconnects.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:53:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Assess your area using the following CARVER matrix:

C- criticallity- What will be  the significance of an attack on this specific location/group, what will it deprive the enemy of? ie, attacking a major power grid VS a neighborhood transformer
A- accesability- What difficulties would an attacking force have to negotiate in order to physically get to the target? Obstacles? Overland foot movement required?
R- recuperability- How fast can the enemy fix the damage I cause? ie, blowing up a bridge when there are other bridges available to span the obstacle, or a pre-fab bridge can be installed in short order.
V- vulnerability- What active and/or passive measures have been put in place to prevent an attack? Guard force? QRF?
E- effects-what am I hoping to achieve? Will my actions significantly effect the enemy? Will they just result in the enemy increasing countermeasures at all levels, adding additional difficulty to follow on operations?
R- recognizability- What type of media coverage will result? Will anyone even care? ie- an attack effecting a non critical target resulting in few casualties in a remote location, or an attack on a non critical target involving mass casualties in a metropolitan area where intense media coverage will happen very quickly, such as an attack on a small town wal mart at night in the summer VS an attack on a NYC mall on black Friday

stay vigilant
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Two words:

Carry.  Always.

Not sure what else you can do-- except prep for the likely reaction of our .gov to an attack: gun shelves and ammo shelves will be cleared.

ETA the school hostage thing in Chechnya worked for the terrorists, because they had about 30 minutes unopposed to set up the hostage kill zone.

Only one way to prevent that:  people with guns, who are there at the time of the attack, move aggressively to stop it.  Even if it only succeeds in slowing or disrupting.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:09:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Wasn't there a series on the TV a while back that had bad things and how to survive them? I'm brain damaged at the moment and can't remember the name (Worst Case Scenarios?). Anywho, one of the episodes dealt specifically with surviving an attack by terrorists on a shopping mall. I watched that one and remembered thinking most of the advice was pretty good, assuming you had your carry weapon with you. If not, you might be toast, but the guy still gave some helpful hints about how to evade and escape in a mall setting. If anyone remembers the name of the series, maybe the episode in question can be found on-line.

From what I can tell, even a multi-person terrorist group planning to wreak havoc on an unsuspecting shopping mall full of shoppers would be hard pressed to deal with one effective shooter with a handgun. They'd either be killed by you directly (because they wouldn't be expecting resistance or good tactics), they'd retreat, or they'd be otherwise be rendered totally ineffective/frozen in place until they were killed by cops/swat/etc.

Of course, I could be wrong about all that.

ETA: Found it, it was this one: http://www.spike.com/episodes/3w9eyj/surviving-disaster-mall-shooting-season-1-ep-107
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#30]
I've wondered about it some I admit.

The building I work in is owned by Saudi-Aramco. I've wondered if that would make it a target. Security is pretty good here I think. There is no way to drive right up next to the building without going through security first. Of course they could just ram through the gate or falsify a "delivery". There are metal detectors downstairs though so hopefully they will pick up anything larger than my Benchmade I carry everyday because i walk through with it in my pocket and it doesn't go off.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#31]
It is possible that they are working to weaponize Ebola.  It's pretty much in their back yard.  Now with their fleet of commercial airliners, they can deliver.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It is possible that they are working to weaponize Ebola.  It's pretty much in their back yard.  Now with their fleet of commercial airliners, they can deliver.
View Quote

It would be much easier for them to send a few "martyrs" to Africa, have them roll around with an infected person, and then send them here, through regular air routes.

Kind of like a suicide bomber, but different...
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 2:09:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Vice news has a 40 minute documentary of ISIS called The Islamic State.  

They mention wanting to divide America into two several times.  

If you don't have the time to watch the entire video at least fast forward to the 10 minute point and watch how they are raising their youth to fight us.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 7:37:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If you don't have the time to watch the entire video at least fast forward to the 10 minute point and watch how they are raising their youth to fight us.  

View Quote

I didn't have time to watch the whole thing this morning, but I got through about half.  Definitely an eye opener.  They seem like a force to be reckoned with.  Not only because of their numbers and resources but because of their organization.  As opposed to independent cells we've seen in the past, they seem to be based on a loose military structure of sorts with organization and communication.   And due to recruitment of children and enforcing complaince out of fear/terror, I seriously hope the US and the world gets in the game and devotes far superior numbers and resources to taking them out immediately.

None of this diplomatic management that Barry keeps droning on about.  He needs to get his head and his ass wired together before these people follow through with several attacks on US soil.

-Emt1581

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:26:54 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote

Incredibly informative documentary.

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 5:39:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Its already divded in two. Obama voters and people with brains
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 6:26:04 AM EDT
[#37]
"Fanatical" doesn't even begin to describe those monsters.

We should neutron-bomb their asses, let the radiation do its work and act as a warning to those lucky enough to survive.

Then, we should slam our borders shut and use our own natural resources to starve those fuckin' camel-humpers! I am so sick of them reaping billions from our (the West's) ingenuity, inventiveness and industriousness.

Send 'em to Allah, I say!
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 7:47:32 AM EDT
[#38]
The scenario that I would think would be the easiest to pull off, and very effective at causing terror is the simultaneous mall attack.
Ten guys with AKs go to ten malls and at a set time start shooting. Even if each only killed / wounded a couple of dozen people it would seriously fuck the retail business around the country and cause a shit ton of panic / paranoia.

That being said, I'm not the least bit concerned about my neighborhood. We have about 150 homes, half of which are year round residents, and 120 NRA RSOs. I think they would look for a softer, more high value target.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Something I was thinking about today...

How hard would it be for 100-300 of them to spread out to key locations and then do mass shootings within a 1-2hour time period?  At a school, church, mall, festival, restaurant, etc. they could easily take out thousands of people.  Plus it wouldn't take even a fraction of the organization or funds they have overseas.

Again, just a thought.  

EDIT:  Then again, it goes back to my original question "why DON'T they do it?"  which no one could/did address.

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for posting this video. It is highly informative and gives insights into our enemies mindset and how entrenched they are in wanting to kill Americans and Europeans and any other non-Muslim. This IS group might actually be able to pull off an attack in the EU or in the US where AQ was completely ineffectual. Doesn't look like they take prisoners either.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

How hard would it be for 100-300 of them to spread out to key locations and then do mass shootings within a 1-2hour time period?  At a school, church, mall, festival, restaurant, etc. they could easily take out thousands of people.  Plus it wouldn't take even a fraction of the organization or funds they have overseas.

Again, just a thought.  

EDIT:  Then again, it goes back to my original question "why DON'T they do it?"  which no one could/did address.

-Emt1581
View Quote

It wouldnt be hard or too unrealistic. But why they dont do it.... I think they have their hands full trying to establish and maintain their caliphate.. I also think theyre realizing running a country is a bigger pain in the rear than a jihad. Theyre facing mounting opposition from the kurds (the only iraqis that appear to be willing to really fight), toss in airstrikes and what appears to be some bickering with Al Queda. Their hands are pretty full trying to maintain a viable state from which they can operate from. I also believe the retaliation factor weighs in fairly heavily. Itd cut off the funding and supplies that trickle to them from the syrian resistance we keep funding for some damned reason but I think the more they look like a real state the more they realize how easy it is for a coalition to topple Itd be pretty tough for the great zero to ignore them after they attack mainland USA and a hundred million people are screaming for blood.

Or I could be completely and totaly wrong which wouldnt surprie me in the least
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Again, just a thought.  

-Emt1581
View Quote

They don't do it id imagine because it doesn't suit their needs at the moment, perhaps they are working the logistics ....who know. But most importantly they don't do it on OUR timeline. They will do it when it suits their needs best. The "E" in the carver matrix posted earlier tends to be of highest importance to "insurgent" type organizations (and they still are in that mode. They (isis) are beginning to drift into a more established state but there needs to be a consolidation of power and a more secure  understanding of where their turf will end up) . The "E" is then followed by the "R" again in the context of isis attack (on US soil) And not an established nationstate.

Once they meet those and whatever criteria important to them, we will know and people in the area can post their AARs here f9r us to read later.

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It wouldnt be hard or too unrealistic. But why they dont do it.... I think they have their hands full trying to establish and maintain their caliphate.. I also think theyre realizing running a country is a bigger pain in the rear than a jihad. Theyre facing mounting opposition from the kurds (the only iraqis that appear to be willing to really fight), toss in airstrikes and what appears to be some bickering with Al Queda. Their hands are pretty full trying to maintain a viable state from which they can operate from. I also believe the retaliation factor weighs in fairly heavily. Itd cut off the funding and supplies that trickle to them from the syrian resistance we keep funding for some damned reason but I think the more they look like a real state the more they realize how easy it is for a coalition to topple Itd be pretty tough for the great zero to ignore them after they attack mainland USA and a hundred million people are screaming for blood.

Or I could be completely and totaly wrong which wouldnt surprie me in the least
View Quote

With how they spoke and acted in the video posted, I'm not sure they really possess a sense of exhaustion.  They are almost robotic in their nature in that they only seek to control and destroy.  Family doesn't matter, freedom doesn't matter, no hobbies, no other purpose in life but to convert others to Islam, enforce sharia law, and kill everyone else.  Kinda reminds me of a religious terminator.  

You might be on to something with not waking the sleeping giant...yet.  Maybe if they gain more control over the middle-east and gather exponentially more followers that might not be of concern anymore.  If you take the religious constructs out of this, such a strategy would have some parallels to Nazi Germany.  Rule by fear, force people to support you/die, spread out and grab hold of as much land as possible and just keep repeating the process.  Short of nuking a bunch of innocents or people complying out of fear it'll eventually get to a point where it's too large of a problem for the US and the pussy EU to deal with.  

That's the point where I think the US citizenry would be royally fucked!

But I also think that's years in the future even if Barry sits on his hands as he's done in the past.

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:00:07 AM EDT
[#45]
If they were smart, they'd wait until black friday, and hit several walmarts and shopping malls during the opening stampede.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:53:44 AM EDT
[#46]
My real concern is not what ISIS, ISIL, or any terrorist group may do to us.

It's what we will do to ourselves after an attack.

Honestly, it's pretty hard to defend yourself against someone who would walk into a mall and blow themselves up.
Avoid crowds, do your Christmas shopping now or online, I suppose.

However,

If there is a significant attack, I expect there will be lots of folks who will have had enough of Muslims in general and we will start seeing some vigilantism.

and that is where the real problem lies,
because at that point, the .gov will move in to stop it, and no telling what happens then,

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Honestly, it's pretty hard to defend yourself against someone who would walk into a mall and blow themselves up.

However,

If there is a significant attack, I expect there will be lots of folks who will have had enough of Muslims in general and we will start seeing some vigilantism.

because at that point, the .gov will move in to stop it, and no telling what happens then,

View Quote

Yup, and what ineffective and expensive additional "security measures" our own .gov will impose upon us in the name of national security.  DHS, TSA, etc...
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yup, and what ineffective and expensive additional "security measures" our own .gov will impose upon us in the name of national security.  DHS, TSA, etc...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

However,

Exactly,
I believe civil unrest is a much bigger concern to the .gov than any terrorist threat.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Exactly,
I believe civil unrest is a much bigger concern to the .gov than any terrorist threat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

However,

Exactly,

+1....Look at the Memphis video that just got posted, buncha thug black kids beating up white ppl..THAT is the threat now and days, next would be the Illegals and then terrorists, we have out own domestic terrorists, dont have to worry about ISIS , but it is a concern,,just more pressing concerns in our day to day life.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Just for the record, the Hutaree were acquitted of nearly all charges and 7 of the 9 were acquitted of all charges. It was a witch hunt, put on by the Feds.

I'd be concerned about a Beslan type scenario. That's a true terror inspiring situation that can be performed with minimal resources.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ISIS is not a terrorist organization in the sense of al-Qaeda, but instead function closer to that of Hezbollah. They operate with the intent of gaining local political control as a result of their attacks to create a state supportive of their interests.

They are not the fanatical, poorly organized terror cells that al-Qaeda was, but a fairly well organized military force (or at least better organized and trained than the Iraqi military/police, which the US trained). Attacking randomly within the US would not further any political goal and would only give the US government reason to re-enter Iraq (which ISIS doesn't want), so they'll just keep slaughtering folks in Iraq while talking big about how they're not afraid of the US.
Their goal is to win in Iraq and carve out an extremist state, which is easily done with us out of the picture.

I'd worry more about lone wolf/homegrown weirdos who have no organization and fly largely under the radar until they either make an attack (as the Tsarnaev brothers did in Boston) or become too vocal and get caught (such as the Hutaree, a christian supremacist group that was arrested in 2010 while planning to murder police officers).

Just for the record, the Hutaree were acquitted of nearly all charges and 7 of the 9 were acquitted of all charges. It was a witch hunt, put on by the Feds.

I'd be concerned about a Beslan type scenario. That's a true terror inspiring situation that can be performed with minimal resources.

HOW DARE YOU....they were tried and executed by the Main Stream Media, once the story come to the point there was NO story...they pissed on these guys graves..
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top