Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2012 3:25:00 AM EDT
There was a request in the other thread about how I make my P7 maglites.

I don't have any parts laying around right now so I found this link which gets right into the dirty little details about it.

Maglight

I do a few things differently though. First, it isn't required that you shave down the head, it just makes for a nicer looking finished product. And secondly, I buy the 4 cell lights and just use 4 D batteries like the stock light does, 4 alkaline cells is enough voltage to run that module.

You also do not need the spacer on the bottom of it, I have stress tested a few with 4 cells and they will run until the batteries die with no excessive heat issues.

My PC crashed awhile ago so I can't put up any pictures. But I have also made two with external 6 volt batteries, and one with a rheostat so you can adjust from very low to max. They are great hunting lights in that configuration since they will last over 8 hours on one charge, they are a bit heavy on the belt though.

I do have pictures of the Coon hunting light up with a shortened body, I have since swapped it out for a full sized body, see post #7 at this link. Here
Top Top