Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2016 11:46:18 AM EDT
After guiding indicator fishermen for 15 years I am finally done! My last trip was the day before thanksgiving and I am so happy it is over! Long days rowing as hard as I did were impacting my family life. From now on it is dry fly and spey fishing only!

My next adventure begins in January. I have registered for a Viticulture and Oenology program. Yes, I am going back to school!

Now maybe I will get some fishing in for myself!
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats.

I've only done a few floats but man it seems like the guides bust their backs to position and row.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 3:33:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
After guiding indicator fishermen for 15 years I am finally done! My last trip was the day before thanksgiving and I am so happy it is over! Long days rowing as hard as I did were impacting my family life. From now on it is dry fly and spey fishing only!

My next adventure begins in January. I have registered for a Viticulture and Oenology program. Yes, I am going back to school!

Now maybe I will get some fishing in for myself!
View Quote

Well there's your issue LMAO. Good luck with "retirement" and have fun/do good in school.

J-
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:50:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well there's your issue LMAO. Good luck with "retirement" and have fun/do good in school.

J-
View Quote

Thanks! School has been a ball buster. Tomorrow I am hitting the river to prep for my spey client on Friday. I am really needing this day on the water!
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Oregon has some great wineries so I would think you will get some excellent hands-on opportunities.

I am sitting on my hands watching the snow melt around my neck of the woods.  I have gone out twice and between the icebergs floating by and the wind it has not been what I would call easy fishing.

I have learned to go with pre-tied pieces of tippet with a loop on the end to make changing flies easier when my hands freeze up into claws.

My fly collection has grown exponentially but I tell myself I can stop accumulating flies at any time I want....just not today.

I went to a fly fishing show last weekend and I encountered a tier who incorporates silicone legs into his stonefly impressions.  They are marvelous to behold.  I think he molds his own silicone legs to keep down costs.

I don't know if the fish will care about the realism, but I sure do.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:56:30 AM EDT
[#5]
At least I don't have to fight ice! No fish yesterday but it was a great day on the water.

Tie an overhand knot in those sililegs and your flies will look great. I do that on my "secret weapons."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top