Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2014 1:07:38 AM EDT
Having a issue with Ashley Furniture Store in Jackson, TN.

Here is my story in Team story link

I have read many of the same stories on the net. Not sleeping well makes you stay up and read. Can someone with a great legal mind please read my story and tell me if I stand a chance If I can afford a good lawyer. False advertising, warranty is a sham. Lying to myself and my wife. How can I find the owning company and start at the top? I will get 50 more FD guys and we will picket if needed, I am just frustrated at loosing $ 3K for a king size bed that sags in 3 years,

Anyone consider writing a good letter for me? But really, thanks in advance for any help or information.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:15:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't view link
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:53:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't view link
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Can't view link

Quoted:
I will not go in to a long winded rant. But I am being screwed over by Ashley Furniture. About 5-6 years ago I needed a new bed.So off the wife and I go. End up at Ashley furniture. Bought a 100% King size,Latex memory foam mattress/box springs/bed etc. Oh, and the mattress pad they sold us for 150 IIRC. Three years later it has sagged, can not sleep on my side. With a string thrown across the bed, it has a 2"-2.5" sag on my side with no weight on it. I am not a heavy guy 205-215.

So we start the warranty claim. They come measure, yep its sagging, you need a new one. Oh, wait is that ta stain on the mattress? Me, yeah 3 year old son,pissed our bed, and the pad did not stop it all. Well Mr. Zoe17 that is on a company called Montage, the pad maker. Well you guessed it, nothing but a circle jerk. I get pissed and just live with it for 12 more months or so. Go back and ask WTF, why was this not ever handled?

New faces at store, we are going to handle this, the ball was dropped,etc. Another guy comes to measure yep it's very bad. Oh, wait the faded stain we can not do anything probably. Voice mail left on my phone, sorry the stain we might could have over looked, but you tore the tag off. WTF?

SO, kid pissed bed, the pad let some through, we cleaned and cleaned but still a faint stain. How does a kids piss break down the molecular structure of latex, and cause structural failure? I bought this steaming pile because it felt nice, was 100% latex and had lifetime no sag warranty. 3K for a mattress that last 3-5 years?

Does anyone have a contact higher up the chain? Anyone else fought this or a warranty claim with Ashley furniture? I have a bad back and have trouble sleeping. Now a 60% rotator cuff tear and surgery looming. So, really not thinking I can afford to hire a attorney to pen a nice letter for me and threaten to take to court, my lack of sleep, etc,etc. I am talking full make a negative FB page for Ashley, social media PR blitz, I will walk the public sidewalk and picket, signs up in all our FD stations day room,hell I wish I could sick 4chan on them.lol

SO for TLDR: Ashley Furniture warranty is worthless, can you or anyone you know help?

Thanks for any advise or tips, links or angry words for me.

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#3]
What are the actual terms of your warranty?

ETA: Quick Google search reveals that Ashley Furniture sucks all around.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I have read many of the same stories on the net. Not sleeping well makes you stay up and read. Can someone with a great legal mind please read my story and tell me if I stand a chance If I can afford a good lawyer. False advertising, warranty is a sham. Lying to myself and my wife. How can I find the owning company and start at the top? I will get 50 more FD guys and we will picket if needed, I am just frustrated at loosing $ 3K for a king size bed that sags in 3 years,

Anyone consider writing a good letter for me? But really, thanks in advance for any help or information.
View Quote
It's not economically feasible to hire a lawyer for a $3k dispute.  This is what small claims court is for.  You can also see if your state or county has a consumer affairs office.  

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 4:00:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

It's not economically feasible to hire a lawyer for a $3k dispute.  This is what small claims court is for.  You can also see if your state or county has a consumer affairs office.    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.  $3k is just not worth it to get an attorney involved.  Find your purchase and warranty paperwork, keep a record of all interactions, and sue them in small claims court.  Your state probably has a web page telling you the steps you need to take throughout the small claims court process.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top