Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 4:28:30 AM EDT
[#1]

Last year I bought my mom the complete far side collection. This year I bought her the complete dilbert collection.

One for the effort:

Edit: 1 more for page 3 ownage

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 4:35:33 AM EDT
[#2]

God, I had forgot about that one. I laughed for days.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 4:46:47 AM EDT
[#3]
3 of my favorite around somewhere, I'll see if I can scan them:

Hunter shooting a bird in Heaven, his buddy "You sure you should be doing that"

Coffee break in hell "Man, even the coffee is cold, they thought of everything"

Man awake in bed in hell, buddy says "It was just a nightmare, of course you are still in hell."
Larson retired too soon, but at least he did it while at the top of his game
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 4:51:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 4:54:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Far Side was awesome.  It's so much better than that other popular cartoon of its time with the kid that is pissing on everything.z

That's Calvin isn't it?

youngsters?  what ya gonna do?

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 4:56:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 4:57:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 5:04:06 AM EDT
[#8]

now that's funny
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 5:06:51 AM EDT
[#9]

lol..."Krill".

IMO Larson is one of the greatest comedic geniuses ever.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 5:08:27 AM EDT
[#10]

I wrote that on the cat food container. My wife was like till I showed her what it meant.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 5:16:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 5:20:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Far Side was awesome.  It's so much better than that other popular cartoon of its time with the kid that is pissing on everything.z

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 5:35:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Far Side was awesome. It's so much better than that other popular cartoon of its time with the kid that is pissing on everything.z

http://i48.tinypic.com/116riw5.jpg

I believe he is referencing Calvin and Hobbes... Which I love just as much as Far Side... Especially the snowman strips.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 5:47:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 6:00:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Here's one for the sheeple:

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 6:05:44 AM EDT
[#16]
I used to support computers at an office in the early 90's. Several people had the Far Side calendar and I couldn't stop reading it when I was at their desk fixing their PC. Every year I'd read a whole new one in a day or two.

One of my favorites:

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 6:20:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Far Side was awesome. It's so much better than that other popular cartoon of its time with the kid that is pissing on everything.z

I believe he is referencing Calvin and Hobbes... Which I love just as much as Far Side... Especially the snowman strips.

Calvin never pissed on anything.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 6:21:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you never seen these everywhere for every brand and religion and other item imaginable?

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 6:32:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Tag for funny stuff.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 6:43:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

you never seen these everywhere for every brand and religion and other item imaginable?

http://jthewonderllama.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/calvin.jpg

Bill Waterson didn't come up with those.  That one image was never in the comic strip.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 6:43:55 AM EDT
[#21]
I know but in reference to the other gentlemans post I believe he was refering to Calvin and Hobbes.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 6:49:56 AM EDT
[#22]
I like the one showing sharks swimming by a shipwreck eating body parts. Sharks are saying "what is this, some kind of cruel hoax?" and boxes are floating that say Acme Mannequin Company on the side.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 7:05:47 AM EDT
[#23]
My favorite is the one of two cowboys on a stage coach being robbed by three small rabbits with guns.  As they are standing there with their hands up one says to the other, "This ain't gonna look good on our report, Leroy."
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 7:56:56 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

*sigh*

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 8:07:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Well its not here: one guy lying in a hospital bed in full cast, two guys standing at the bedside, one of them slightly injured with his arm in a sling and hes saying to his friend- "so there he was, this big gorilla just lying there and Leroy here says gee I wonder if hes dead or just asleep" still one of my all time favorites.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 8:16:10 AM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 8:19:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

To this day, when a situation is especially fucked up, I say, "Welcome to hell, here's your accordion."
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 8:24:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

To this day, when a situation is especially fucked up, I say, "Welcome to hell, here's your accordion."
And you and I may be the only two people who would get this...I used to say it too but got tired of having to explain it to the 20 somethings who have never heard of Larson.

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 8:27:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you and I may be the only two people who would get this...I used to say it too but got tired of having to explain it to the 20 somethings who have never heard of Larson.

I say it once in awhile too, so I guess there's 3 of us.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 8:27:59 AM EDT
[#30]

To this date, this is why I still call cat food, "cat fud".

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 8:28:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could there be a 4th? I am getting excited..

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

In high school a friend of mine was a really big fan of that strip. Gary Larson appeared at a book signing at a local mall and my friend went to get his book signed and to get an explanation for the one cartoon he did not get. He asked Larson, what does this mean?

http://i48.tinypic.com/28br2ol.jpg

Mr Larson explained he was just thinking, If cows had tools........what would they look like?

Larson later admitted that he had regrets about making one of the tools look like a crude hand saw.  The thought that one confused people into thinking that they had to figure out what the other tools were used for as well.

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 9:03:30 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am not convinced that that every actually appeared in any strips.  I certainly don't recall any.  If it did, and I missed it, then it happened once.

Did you know that Watterson never gets a dime from all those "calvin" stickers or drawings?  He has NEVER given permission for any of it, and does not endorse it.

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 9:05:08 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Could there be a 4th? I am getting excited..

*raises hand*

Most of my cultural development and linguistic fluency is owed to Mr. Larson.

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#35]
I like the one with the two guys camping without a tent in the jungle, one guy is all dressed standing by the fire with a look of astonishment on his face, watching his buddy.  His buddy is dumping all these bugs out of his boots before putting them on.  Caption says something like "Bob realizes he didn't check his boots before putting them on."
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#36]
MOar
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 9:39:54 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I am not convinced that that every actually appeared in any strips.  I certainly don't recall any.  If it did, and I missed it, then it happened once.

Did you know that Watterson never gets a dime from all those "calvin" stickers or drawings?  He has NEVER given permission for any of it, and does not endorse it.

Stolen from here.

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stolen from here.

http://www.benzilla.com/upload_images/7_6588.jpg

I am quite familiar with that strip, and never realized that was the "source".  Thanks!

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#39]
My all time favorite Far Side is the one with Scotty in Hell running up to Satan screaming "Satan, Satan, the boilers canna take the pressure, they're gona blow!"
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Far Side's the best. Too many great comics to decide a favorite. I've got most of his books. Sadly no one has come along to match his comic view of things.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 10:53:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Calvin and Hobbes is awesome, a bunch of idiots photoshopped Calvin pissing on everything under the sun.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 11:04:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Far Side's the best.  It's now become a generational thing with my kids picking up on the hilarity.  Still trying to find my favorite one: deserted island with a ventriloquist and a dummy sitting under a palm tree...this guy washes up on shore and the ventriloquist says hey stranger...and the dummy says watch out mister, he's crazy, he ate the last two guys...and the ventriloquist laughs and says oh don't listen to him.  Something along those lines...gotta find it now.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 11:21:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 11:34:41 AM EDT
[#47]
wolves snorting Quack

and the last  one ,where the kid wakes up
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#49]
I had a job working on MRI machines once upon a time. I'm a fairly smart guy. When I heard I was getting an interview with the company I read all the books the library at the local college had on MRI. Both of them. I was able to impress the field service director enough to get the job. I spent my first week on the job watching in-house training videos on NMR physics and talking to the phd's in the physics department. I came home the second night on the job thinking I was in way over my head. When I came home the next night my wife gave me a coffee cup with the following Far Side on it. 14 years later I can still explain how MRI works in very simple terms and a bit of hand waving.

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Bill Waterson didn't come up with those.  That one image was never in the comic strip.

If I were Bill Waterson I would have sued for copywrite infringement. His reputation has been hurt by these stickers.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top