BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/16/2009 5:37:03 PM EDT
From this thread

Sir,
Unfortunately I have bad news. We were finially notified by ATF Monday morning that we can no longer sell individual pistons, 3-lug adapters, fixed barrel adapters and most other componets seperately. We can sell a sound suppressor with one attaching device and that is it. We are not very happy to say the least. This is going to affect our business tremendousely. Apparently we were the first, and now ATF is going to go after all other sound suppressor manufacturers as well. We are going to fight this, and the owner of this company has already contacted some attorneys about taking legal action. As you saw we were forced to take all the products off our web page or face legal action by ATF. We are waiting to hear the final word on the QD mounts, and I am not expecting good news about them either. All I can tell you now is to be patient while we appeal ATF's ruling and hopefully get it overturned. Sorry for the inconvience, however our hands are tied at the moment, and no one is more upset than us over this matter.

Any industry types care to weigh in on this? Is this BS??? THIS IS EXTREMELY FUCKING DISTURBING IF TRUE!
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#1]
wtf...
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Cannot view the thread.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#3]
3-lug adapters are not a "controlled" item...
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#4]
tag
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
From this thread

Sir,
Unfortunately I have bad news. We were finially notified by ATF Monday morning that we can no longer sell individual pistons, 3-lug adapters, fixed barrel adapters and most other componets seperately. We can sell a sound suppressor with one attaching device and that is it. We are not very happy to say the least. This is going to affect our business tremendousely. Apparently we were the first, and now ATF is going to go after all other sound suppressor manufacturers as well. We are going to fight this, and the owner of this company has already contacted some attorneys about taking legal action. As you saw we were forced to take all the products off our web page or face legal action by ATF. We are waiting to hear the final word on the QD mounts, and I am not expecting good news about them either. All I can tell you now is to be patient while we appeal ATF's ruling and hopefully get it overturned. Sorry for the inconvience, however our hands are tied at the moment, and no one is more upset than us over this matter.

Any industry types care to weigh in on this? Is this BS??? THIS IS EXTREMELY FUCKING DISTURBING IF TRUE!

THIS IS TRUE

I am an 07/02 in SC and I deal with the individual that released the above statement.

I haven't said peep because I was not aware of how public this was going to get, but I have heard it from the horses mouth.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Was just reading the same thread over on silencertalk.

It smells a little fishy to me.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They are doing this based on the "part or kit" portion of the definition of "silencer" that was added in the 80's.

Kind of like how a DIAS is a MG.

Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Really?

Well, WTF do we do about it?
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Was just reading the same thread over on silencertalk.

It smells a little fishy to me.

Nah man, it smells like the current administration is doing it's thing.

Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
tag

Yup.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Really?

QUICK, BUY YOUR ADAPTERS BEFORE THEY ARE BANNED!!!

Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Really?

Call/write your rep?

Piss and Moan - probably just kicking over a bucket of worms.  BOHICA.

Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are doing this based on the "part or kit" portion of the definition of "silencer" that was added in the 80's.

Except that if that comparison is going to be brought up, then I say this:

If I had a RR M16 - and no semi ARs, so we don't have to worry about constructive intent - then I would be able to legally keep a bunch of FA FCG parts around as spares. After all, without another gun to go in, they are useless. Just extra parts.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#15]
tag
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#16]
AllserviceBilliards:

Are you saying if I buy a 7.62mm YHM can, I can only own ONE thread adapter?!

I just cut a check for my first cans last week, so I'm feeling a hair
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Are they going to ban threaded barrels next?
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:53:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Tag for more info.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#19]
if you took the time to read the actual thread, the part in question was an internal part of the can, aka the piston. and the email reply referenced other "integral parts" of the suppressor... the sales-rep goes on to say that they are still waiting for word on the QD mounts...

YHM pulled the "offensive" parts from their website... if you goto YHM's site, you'll see that their QD phantom FH's are still for sale albeit out of stock...

if this is true, A2 flash hiders and threaded barrels would be considered illegal as both allow for the use of a suppressor...
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#20]
What's going to happen to guys with more than one adapter per can?
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I had a RR M16 - and no semi ARs, so we don't have to worry about constructive intent - then I would be able to legally keep a bunch of FA FCG parts around as spares. After all, without another gun to go in, they are useless. Just extra parts.

Here is your definition:

"The term 'firearm silencer' or 'firearm muffler' means any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication."

I do not agree with this interperetation, but the current administration HATES FREEDOM AND GUNS, and they hate you and me.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is your definition:

"The term 'firearm silencer' or 'firearm muffler' means any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication."

I do not agree with this interperetation, but the current administration HATES FREEDOM AND GUNS, and they hate you and me.

BUt what about multiple mounts
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#23]
tag
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
AllserviceBilliards:

Are you saying if I buy a 7.62mm YHM can, I can only own ONE thread adapter?!

I just cut a check for my first cans last week, so I'm feeling a hair

No - and I am not the expert here - I am just confirming what I heard.

If ATF has it's way - what you are asking will be true.

Remember, this isshut a door open a window.  I am sure lawsuits will be filed, etc.

Remember also guys - I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS, but this is more of what we will get if we constantly bend over and let uncle sam buttfuck us on every front.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:03:41 PM EDT
[#26]
What the everloving FUCK.  Yeah, YHM Mite owner here.  Guess I shouldn't have gone for the QD version after all.

Part of the reason I bought a suppressor with a QD mount was so I could move it from gun to gun with a mount on each gun.  This is fucking BULLSHIT.  

Fuck the fucking fuckers.  I've got a lathe.  Nuff said.

Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
if you took the time to read the actual thread, the part in question was an internal part of the can, aka the piston. and the email reply referenced other "integral parts" of the suppressor... the sales-rep goes on to say that they are still waiting for word on the QD mounts...

YHM pulled the "offensive" parts from their website... if you goto YHM's site, you'll see that their QD phantom FH's are still for sale albeit out of stock...

if this is true, A2 flash hiders and threaded barrels would be considered illegal as both allow for the use of a suppressor...

I agree with this assessment.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What the everloving FUCK.

Part of the reason I bought a suppressor with a QD mount was so I could move it from gun to gun with a mount on each gun.  This is fucking BULLSHIT.  

I was 9 years old when the government decided I needed to pay $15000 for a used M16.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:05:41 PM EDT
[#29]

FUCK OBAMA
FUCK HOLDER
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#30]
as long as they arent serialized, what would stop you from making your own?
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

FUCK OBAMA
FUCK HOLDER

This is probably only the begining.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
as long as they arent serialized, what would stop you from making your own?

Theoretically the same thing that stops you from making unregistered machineguns?
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#33]
This is getting stupid

Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was 9 years old when the government decided I needed to pay $15000 for a used M16.

I was only 3.

Anyone have a copy of the actual ATF letter?  I can't see the silencertalk website (Can't remember my login info).

What is the ATF's reasoning on this?  Are they claiming that a QD mount is somehow an NFA item?  Which NFA item would it fucking BE?  If so, are they going to go after everyone who already owns multiple mounts for having unregistered NFA items???
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Well son of bitch

Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was only 3.

Anyone have a copy of the actual ATF letter?  I can't see the silencertalk website (Can't remember my login info).

What is the ATF's reasoning on this?  Are they claiming that a QD mount is somehow an NFA item?  Which NFA item would it fucking BE?  If so, are they going to go after everyone who already owns multiple mounts for having unregistered NFA items???

Que? I thought you were older than that...  I was 4 when the ban went into effect.

Oh well, I get a little happier every day that I chose to become a machinist.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Well you have to have a gun to attach the adapter to attach the silencer...
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This is getting stupid

This is mind-bogglingly retarded.  I can't even summon the spirit of the txrednec to express the level of my displeasure.

Seriously... wtf are they thinking?  Is a QD mount a suppressor?  If so... are all threaded barrels suppressors, too?  Will all supressors with threads count as two suppressors now or is it just MALE threads that count as suppressors?

I cannot wrap my mind over the immense fumbduckery exists at that completely dicked up, unprofessional, ass-fisting, water-headed, intellectual sewer of an agency.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

FUCK OBAMA
FUCK HOLDER

And fuck the fucking unconstitutional organization known as the BATFE.

Fucking clowns.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was only 3.

It would be a "silencer".  Remember, according to the letter this has not happened yet.  The pistons are the only thing affected so far.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:14:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Tagged
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:14:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quick

jtacsupply.com has off brand yhm q.d. mounts still in stock

Seriously, I just bought one because I have a tax stamp coming in soon and wanted to use my suppressor on 2 rifles.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:15:04 PM EDT
[#43]
guess ill be buying flash hiders at the gun show instead of ammo
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:15:19 PM EDT
[#44]
So wait

If you have 3 AR15s and one silencer, you can only own one mount?

Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quick

Seriously, I just bought one because I have a tax stamp coming in soon and wanted to use my suppressor on 2 rifles.

Ordering now.

eta: NM. That appears to be for the 5.56 suppressor.  I have no idea if it even has the same threads as the MITE.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#46]
I sent my SOT an e-mail. I need a few more mounts...
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm finally moving to a free state, and now this.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quick

HOLY FUCK THEY ARE EXPENSIVE.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quick

HOLY FUCK THEY ARE EXPENSIVE.

No kidding, but I couldn't find anything else in stock.

Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Aww crap, I knew I should not have put off getting a 3 lug for my Evo!

Never mind, it's $195. That's why I was putting it off. .
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top