Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/10/2009 7:59:22 AM EDT
ETA: 17 Apr 09

The poll will run till sometime on Monday. Who ever has the most votes wins.

The winner will have to post a pic of himself (with the same winning beard) and your screen name in the same pic. If the winner can't produce the required pic within 2 days, then I'll go to the person with the next highest votes.  Pretty simple I think.

Here are my top 9 picks:

#1 legalese77

#2 Thealien

#3 Dave15

#4 flatfender

#5 ABLE ARCHER

#6 schapman43

#7 Zakk_Wylde_470

#8 jarlragnar

#9 Trigger Happy 83

Thanks for playing,

Gene

There was a pic of a SEAL I think with a bad ass beard over there in the sandbox. Any one have it?

ETA:  The pic was found, thank you guys. Now, let us go ahead and make this a "show us your beard" thread. All beards are welcome, no matter how long/short, color, design, etc. Post some pics...

Link Posted: 4/10/2009 8:02:23 AM EDT
[#1]

I searched in this cool thing called Google with the three following words "special forces beard"  

Link Posted: 4/10/2009 8:03:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 8:04:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Bitchin face carpet.

He needs an axe blade for a bayonet.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 8:04:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Is this the one you're thinking of?

Link Posted: 4/10/2009 8:05:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Bitchin face carpet.

As someone who couldn't grow a beard to save his life, I am quite jealous.  

Link Posted: 4/10/2009 8:05:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Doubletap

Link Posted: 4/10/2009 8:05:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I searched in this cool thing called Google with the three following words "special forces beard"  

http://br.geocities.com/pitbull_alsosprachzarathustra/us_army_afeg_special_forces_mh-47es.jpg

I tried a bunch of words, but they all involved "seal".

Thanks, that's the one we were looking for.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 8:06:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I knew that guy wasn't a SEAL.. probably why you couldn't find him.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I didn't know that Wookies could join the special forces.  

Link Posted: 4/10/2009 8:49:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Heres another one.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 8:52:03 AM EDT
[#11]

The dreaded red X black op seal ranger!!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 8:52:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The dreaded red X black op seal ranger!!!

Now it works!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#13]
And another.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 8:55:32 AM EDT
[#14]
And another !!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 8:58:13 AM EDT
[#15]
He goes by the Team name Cowboy.

You can pretty much just Google "Special Forces Cowboy" and get pics of him.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 8:58:18 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 4/10/2009 8:58:21 AM EDT
[#17]
This feller has a pretty smazzy beard also.

Link Posted: 4/10/2009 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Doesnt the facial hair increase drag thus negating the "High speed, low drag" concept?
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Uno Dos mas.

Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#20]
This what I got when I googled "special Forces Cowboy".    

F U C K    noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:05:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Spelling error.

You obviously typed "Special FECES cowboy".
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#22]
I have a friend who is SF in the Stan currently. Goes by Griz.  (doubt if you want, i don't care).  He said the coolest is letting food stay stuck in a beard for as long as you can take it.  Its team bragging rights.  He said crusty oatmeal got him those rights after 3 days.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#23]
This guy has rear beard like a MOFO.

Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:10:31 AM EDT
[#24]

Whats funny about that pic, is that operator looks really familiar.  Looks like a guy I used to work with.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This feller has a pretty smazzy beard also.

http://osdir.com/ml/recreation.humor.sidesplitters/2006-06/jpgxdmmyWDBnY.jpg

In Afghanistan a beard is status type symbol, and a person without one is not going to be treated as an equal. Indig personnel are the SF's specialty, and they probably spend more time amongst the locals than any other military unit, and thus they need the beards to have status and get respect with the Afghans.

It also helps when you are fighting with the locals to not stick out like a sore-thumb. A bunch of guys in uniforms with clean cut faces is going to really stand out amongst a group of local fighters.

Other country's militarys have more lax standards as far as grooming during combat operations among other things like alcohol in a combat area.

Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:11:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Check out the knife that the SF guy has. NICE!
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#27]

thought I would add this one
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:13:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Spelling error.

You obviously typed "Special FECES cowboy".

This.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:16:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Did anyone watch that special on the Military channel called  Americas Secret Soldiers? It aired a few years ago, but it had alot of bearded bad-asses in it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#30]

From left to right, Sonar Technician (Surface) 2nd Class Matthew G. Axelson; Senior Chief Information Systems Technician Daniel R. Healy, Quartermaster 2nd Class James Suh, Hospital Corpsman 2nd Class Marcus Luttrell, Machinist’s Mate 2nd Class Eric S. Patton, and Lt. Michael P. Murphy. With the exception of Luttrell, all were killed June 28, 2005, by enemy forces while supporting Operation Red Wing.

That's 3 Navy Crosses a Medal of Honor and 5 of our greates modern Heroes plus some Mighty fine facial fur
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have a friend who is SF in the Stan currently. Goes by Griz.  (doubt if you want, i don't care).  He said the coolest is letting food stay stuck in a beard for as long as you can take it.  Its team bragging rights.  He said crusty oatmeal got him those rights after 3 days.

I grow a full beard at least once a year when the weather gets cooler.

Once in a while I'll let it just grow wild. The bottom part, under the chin, isn't much of a problem. But once the moustache area gets so long it covers my bottom lip it is IMPOSSIBLE not to trap everything you eat in there. It does make for a nice snack later when you pull the hair into your mouth and suck out the leftovers.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:21:36 AM EDT
[#32]

for bein bad ass'age he aint doin a whole lot on the preecher

i thought the whole reason for the bears is to HIDE their identity b/c they get into some shitty shitt...   wtf are their names posted on that pic?  

Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

i thought the whole reason for the bears is to HIDE their identity b/c they get into some shitty shitt...   wtf are their names posted on that pic?  

I do not beleive the beards are to hide their identity, rather it helps them blend in as most muslim men have facial hair. I think that was a taliban rule that men had facial hair as a sign of faith like women wearing Burkas.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:30:52 AM EDT
[#34]
This thread rules.  Post more combat beards.  I'll post mine once I get some pics uploaded.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There was a pic of a SEAL I think with a bad ass beard over there in the sandbox. Any one have it?

Ultimate Seal Ultimate Beards DEMO DICK SHARK OF THE DELTA

Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:32:27 AM EDT
[#36]
I think Afghans have no respect for men without facial hair
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:33:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do not beleive the beards are to hide their identity, rather it helps them blend in as most muslim men have facial hair. I think that was a taliban rule that men had facial hair as a sign of faith like women wearing Burkas.

Yup..

"According to regulations, a man who has shaved or cut his beard may be imprisoned until his beard grows back. Beards must protrude farther than would a fist clamped at the base of the chin. "

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/para/taleban.htm

Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#38]
And MORE still

Delta FORCE
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:47:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I think Afghans have no respect for men without facial hair

Shaving your face there is about as effeminate as a guy waxing his arms and legs here.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
http://www.navy.mil/moh/mpmurphy/images/image005.jpg

From left to right, Sonar Technician (Surface) 2nd Class Matthew G. Axelson; Senior Chief Information Systems Technician Daniel R. Healy, Quartermaster 2nd Class James Suh, Hospital Corpsman 2nd Class Marcus Luttrell, Machinist’s Mate 2nd Class Eric S. Patton, and Lt. Michael P. Murphy. With the exception of Luttrell, all were killed June 28, 2005, by enemy forces while supporting Operation Red Wing.

That's 3 Navy Crosses a Medal of Honor and 5 of our greates modern Heroes plus some Mighty fine facial fur

Can someone explain the Navy MOS's listed there?

If they are SEALS, isnt that their MOS? Why both? Is that their prior?

Im genuinely curious.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:53:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im genuinely curious.

being SEAL is an additional MOS you still retain your primary!

Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Looks like an HMC I worked for one day.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im genuinely curious.

But why are they not listed as Navy Special Warfare Operator (SO)?  Why use the their prior? OPSEC?
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#45]

So if you are a Ship's Cook and become a SEAL... you can honestly call yourself a Combat Chef?
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Remember: Don't piss off the Sikh's!
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did anyone watch that special on the Military channel called  Americas Secret Soldiers? It aired a few years ago, but it had alot of bearded bad-asses in it.

Was that the one kind of like COPS for SF guys? It didn't last long.

No...it was a one time production. It wasnt real high speed but it should the daily lives of a SF unit while in Afghanistan.. One of the commanders was a guy from Texas that was a UT grad.

This is it. Sorry...its a myspace link but its the first one I could find when googled.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 10:09:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

for bein bad ass'age he aint doin a whole lot on the preecher

that's his 993rd rep

Link Posted: 4/10/2009 10:15:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was that the one kind of like COPS for SF guys? It didn't last long.

No...it was a one time production. It wasnt real high speed but it should the daily lives of a SF unit while in Afghanistan.. One of the commanders was a guy from Texas that was a UT grad.

This is it. Sorry...its a myspace link but its the first one I could find when googled.

Was it the one where the Afghanis wouldn't let the SF guys into some compound, then of them says "I'm going to go gain entrance to this compound" and wonders off.  Next thing you see is all of them inside?
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Them are some grizzly soldiers.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top