Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2001 10:16:40 PM EDT
Last night I found 8 boxes of this ammo in one of my ammo can I had forgotten about.  I had purchased this ammo back in mid to late 80's from a friend because my father had a 9mm pistol that had trouble feeding some JHP ammo.  I was told that BAT would feed in almost any pistol due to the ball profile and at that time these were considered to be "very good" self-defense ammo.  

Is this ammo still considered "very good" self-defense ammo compared to other high performance ammos that are available today?  Also, would you use this ammo for self-defense considering the age?  

Finally, are these ammo still made or imported?  I have not seen them in stores or gunshows in last several years.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 10:20:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the the hollow copper bullit with the cap on the nose? If so they stopped making and importing it, it's semi collectable.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 11:24:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Even if it is still being made, it won't be imported because the atf ruled that it is "armor piercing".
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:27:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:48:20 AM EDT
[#4]
It shoots very,very accurately out of my Glock 17C.If don't want it I will trade you some +p+ Silvertip for it(2 for 1)and you could end up with twice as much ammo.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.
I think I'll hold on to them just in case my wife wants a low recoil 9mm ammo in future.  I'm going to look some more this weekend because I think I should have several more boxes of this stuff somewhere.
Top Top