Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2001 10:11:05 AM EDT
What do all ya'll do to protect your investments...besides putting them into a safe.  Example: insurance on them, take digital images of your inventory, receipts, appraisals, etc.  

I would be interested to discuss...
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I live in an apartment so I only have renters insurance. However, I kinda bumped mine up from the basic 10k coverage to that is much more since I have firearms, entertainment center, jewelry, and computer stuffs. My firearms are insured based on exact value to replace them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I have renters insurance also, but didn't opt for the increased rider on the guns since they'd want an inventory which I don't give anyone. I figure the chance that all of my guns get stolen at once is slim {they are in different disguised places}, so I gamble, which is what insurance is anyway.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I was told by my insurance agent to literally make a home movie of your property... she said to have one person film while you sort through things and to be descriptive as possible...

"...and here I have 8 Polo button down shirts, 12 Claiborne pants, 3 pairs Ferragamo shoes... etc..."

The point is to not just describe your furniture as a "couch" but give the brand name, etc... even state the value if know.

M.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top