Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2001 8:24:23 AM EDT
A little paranois is healthy. Where is the line?

I told my wife last night, that if I'm anywhere and sombody jumps up and starts yelling "G-d is great" in English or Arabic, they're going to get double-tapped and I'll deal with the consequences later.

Later this afternoon is my 8 year olds first BSA event of the season. A hundred or so little kids and a couple of adults. I've already started giving serious consideration to moving my backup gun from a pocket revolver, to a second 1911 in an IWB holster (It's getting to be coat weather here in PA, I could conceal a shorty AR if I needed to).

And for this outdoor event, I'm thinking I should have an AR15 in the truck, easily accessible, with a half-dozen 30 rounders (that's what those 6 pockets on the case are for, right) ready to go.

My wife runs 63 GSA troops in this area; some of those little girls are now missing parents (a large percentage of my neighbors commute into NYC for work. That's what I did when I first moved here). I'm sure that the Boy Scouts are in the same position. I don't want to see any kids hurt.

My feelings on this whole thing are likely skewed by the fact that I was supposed to be at the WTC on the 11th,resenting at a technology briefing (and scheduled to talk at 10:45). A timing conflict resulted in me not being able to attend.

anyway... Am I just getting carried away?
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:27:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I dunno Paul, I have never been somewhere where someone just jumps up and starts yelling "God is great!"  Guess I don't go to enough Islamic functions.  If someone just started doing that I would have to think bad things were just about to happen and I would at least acquire a sight picture.

No paranoia there, DavidC.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:39:44 AM EDT
[#3]
"Sight pictures don't kill.
Trigger taps do"

Paranoia may be what keeps us alive form now on out.  Keep your cool and you will comeout on top.....weapon drawn.

|•••|   <---- sight picture.

Zaz
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:54:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:01:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Frank -

My wife normally makes some smart ass comment if she walks into my office and I'm doing something gun related. Last night I was loading up mags for my FAL, with the rifle leaning against the safe behind me. She didn't even comment on it.

Top Top