Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 8:06:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I just set off a few AN-M8 HC White Smoke grenades.

It's not loud, but pisses off the entire neighborhood.

Av.

Link Posted: 6/29/2006 1:12:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Real "M-80s" and real "cherry bombs" are illegal in the United States. They have been illegal in the U.S. since the year 1966. The reason they are illegal is because the U.S. Congress passed a law in 1966, called the "Child Protection Act" which specifically made them illegal. It is illegal to sell, possess or use them anywhere within the United States jurisdiction. The punishment for selling, possessing, or using actual M-80s or "cherry bombs" within the U.S. can be severe. The potential "fun" or "entertainment value" that you might think you would get from using one of these devices is definitely not worth the risk of substantial fines or even imprisonment.

Use to be a big thing in my Junior High to flush M-80's and blow out the piping.Made a lot of people very angry.
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just set off a few AN-M8 HC White Smoke grenades.

It's not loud, but pisses off the entire neighborhood.

Av.

We always enjoyed doing those at the beach too.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Had some pre-ban M-80s and cherry bombs in the 70's.  One dude took one of the large plastic sky rockets we used to get and attached a C-bomb to it with proper fusing.  He then took it to the popular teen parking spot roughly in the center of my small hometown.  He launched the rocket with the intention of the C-bomb going off high over town and making a nice bang.  Unfortunately the fusing wasn't quite as proper as he thought and the C-bomb dropped all the way to street level in an area with lots of old plate glass windows and narrow street.  Resulting damage was in the 4 figure range IIRC.  I think it shattered 3 windows and then some other merchants jumped on board and claimed damage.  It was pretty cool.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
CO2 cartridge filled with gunpowder, stick a fuse in it.

I have been known to make those. One time I put it in a big 64 oz cup filled with water (they're water proof) and it made a big concussion and blew water everywhere. They are actually fairly safe as long as you have a  safe distance from the explosion.

I haven't for quite some time though.
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I sooooo wanna post some things I've learned over the years, but I'm erring on the side of caution here.

It's better if I keep quiet.
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 1:39:17 PM EDT
[#7]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-80_%28explosive%29
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 1:41:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I sooooo wanna post some things I've learned over the years, but I'm erring on the side of caution here.

It's better if I keep quiet.

Yup.  

Some of the shit our chemistry / physicis teacher (now passed, may he rest in peace) taught us would cause liberals to spontaneously combust.   Armstrong's Composition, A.PxDe, gold leaching using (gasp!) cyanide, etc.

Used to be fun.
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 1:44:12 PM EDT
[#9]
mexico
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 1:53:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think they were discontinued ages ago, although every redneck in rural Missouri swears that he has an uncle somewhere that still has a stash of them, blah fucking blah blah...

When I was 14 I found a stash in my grandfathers basement in Alabama. It was around 40 m-80s and a couple cherrybombs. Shiiiiit those things had some power. When I joined the Navy I got to play with Demo-Simulators the same as an m-80, but painted yellow. There used to help SDV students stay on course. Man those thing will take your hand off.
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have been known to make those. One time I put it in a big 64 oz cup filled with water (they're water proof) and it made a big concussion and blew water everywhere. They are actually fairly safe as long as you have a  safe distance from the explosion.

I haven't for quite some time though.

I have had large case fragments land behind me after throwing the thing as far as I could.  They are not safe.
After three days in jail for similar social blunders, I leave this area of play alone.

Larry
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I take it M-80s are still legal on Indian reservations?
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 10:47:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Legal?..... Um, dunno. You definitely don't want to be pulled over leaving the reservation with them. The cops would watch the fireworks stands from the other side of the road on occasion and nail people.
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 11:34:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Often times you'll find that the reservation and local leo are in collusion together. It may be legal to purchase, possess, and use fireworks on the reservation itself, but it's illegal to do so in the county surrounding it. Sometimes you'll see a whole line of patrol cars just outside of the reservation waiting for folks to drive off. They’ll pull them over, search the car if enough probable cause exists, confiscate the fireworks and give them back to the Indians to resell—at which point the whole process begins over again for another unsuspecting family.
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 11:44:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You can walk / drive onto any indian reservation in western WA and buy a million M-80's if you want.

If they are 100% positive you are not the feds / PoPo ... you can buy 1/4 sticks of dynamite also from them.

True fact. Ask anyone in WAHTF who has been to boom city on the Tulalip indian rez.

LOL, yea, its hilarious when they ask you "are you a cop"  

what the F do you think im gonna answer!
Link Posted: 7/1/2006 8:23:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

vulcan grenade
the anarchirsts friend I swear back in the BBS days and early days of the internet seemed everyone has text file on those.

Never had the balls to try making one thu I value my body the way it is shrapnel free.

I made dozens of those things when I was a freshman in high school.  The ones with black powder leave a ripped casing behind, the ones with flash powder are way way louder and disintegrate the cartridge.
Link Posted: 7/1/2006 9:49:42 AM EDT
[#17]
I still have some real M-80's that I bought at a fireworks stand on an Indian reservation in northern WI.  They sold the M80's and what they called 1/4 sticks.  The M-80's were $1.25 or $1.00 in quantity (20 at a time).  The 1/4 sticks were $5.  They kept them in the cabinet under the cash register.  If you knew to ask, they would bring them out.  Didn't want them on the shelves with the "safe" fireworks.  The M-80's were literally a better bang for the buck than the 1/4 sticks.

The end came several years ago when some local dumbasses bought some 1/4 sticks and went around a rural area blowing up mailboxes.  Just good clean fun, right?   Yeah, until one kid put a 1/4 stick into a mailbox and didn't get back into the pickup bed fast enough.  Got a piece of sharpnel in an artery and bled to death fairly quick.  The feds came in and confiscated all the good stuff and busted the Indians supplier too.  I still go into the stand and get Black Cat firecrackers and bottle rockets.  Always ask about the heavy stuff, but same story all the time.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top