Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2001 7:53:57 PM EDT
I was offered what appeared to be a practically new RWS mocel 34 in 177 caliber for $150.  Is this a decent price?  I could see no wear or scratches what so ever.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#1]
The link below is to an airgun site that I have purchased from in the past.  They list the gun for $ 199.00 new as does Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas has it for $ 259.00 with a 4x32mm RWS scope.  If it is nearly new you are getting a pretty good discount of 25%.

RWS makes good stuff and Straightshooters has sold me one air rifle and one pistol that I have been very happy with.

[url]http://www.straightshooters.com/rws/rd34.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:47:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds good to me!  If it is in good condition.  Even if you are suspicious of the internals but the external looks good I would buy it.  I sent mine back to RWS about five years ago and they replaced every internal friction bearing part.  I know because I marked all the old worn parts before I sent it off. I got it back with an invoice of parts replaced and a total cost of $0.00!!! They even paid return shipping.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 9:05:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like they may get to sell it to me. I thought it might be a good price but I didnt know where to check.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you get it?

Do you like it?'

Be sure and get good pellets to use in it, not cheapo pellets at Wal-Mart. Academy, Bass Pro, Cabelas, and Straighshooters.com all have good pellets.

I also have found that you should try several types of pellets and find out which one is accurate and stick with it.  I can change the point of impact on my rifle, or pistol by over 2" at 10 meters using different pellet styles and weights.  And this is in a gun that shoots one hole match sized groups.

Top Top