Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2001 9:27:50 AM EDT
Annyonghaseyo, Meguk sarram majaeyo?  Cho nun Meguk sarram imnida--hanguk eso Ei Yun, eil ge wol.

Kyuron hesayo?  Cho nun hesayo, yobo imnida...

hanguk chuayo?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:55:30 AM EDT
[#1]
And a rooty tooty fresh 'n fruity to you too.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 10:35:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Annyonghaseyo, Meguk sarram majaeyo?  Cho nun Meguk sarram imnida--hanguk eso Ei Yun, eil ge wol.

hanguk chuayo?
View Quote

My korean is a bit rusty, let's see what I can decipher:

Annyonghaseyo,
Greeting like hello, how are you

Meguk sarram majaeyo?  Cho nun
american people want to talk? I think

Meguk sarram imnida--hanguk eso Ei Yun, eil ge
american people pretty - I like to do it doggie

wol.
style

You got money? I suckee long time, you want

hanguk chuayo?
korean lover?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
View Quote

Hey dude, why not go back to the other site??? It's much more you're style.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
View Quote

Hey Imbro! Hows it going?
So how does it feel to be a moderator
for a forum named after you?!?!?

Even if it is at a shake and bake site
that will probaly dry up and blow away in a couple months....

P.S. So tell me,how does Mcuzi afford it?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey satcong:

That's pretty good for non-native especially in two years.

I'm printing your message now so we don't have any misunderstanding.  I'll get back to you after I get off work (in about 3 hours).

Do you read and write too?

Link Posted: 6/7/2001 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Such hostility.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#7]
satcong:
Annyonghaseyo, Meguk sarram majaeyo?  Hello, no I'm from the old country but been here over 30 years.  Actually various members of my family has been here since 1915.

Cho nun Meguk sarram imnida--hanguk eso Ei Yun, eil ge wol.  Did you learn the language formally or just from your 2 years there?  What did you do there?  

Yes, I'm "yobo" too.  I'm married to a latina... hot, hot, hot with a temper to match.  She always call me "yobo" and we have a dog with same name.

hanguk chuayo?
Yes in many ways but no in others.  I enjoy visiting but I don't think I like it enough to live there anymore. My wife likes to visit too but I don't think she likes it enough to live there.  Actually I was offered a 2 year contract by a company in Ulsan but we would have to move there so I declined.  

I'm impressed with your language skill.  My wife and I lived in Poland for 3 years but my Polish is not as good as your Korean.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Yobo,

I worked for Halla heavy industries.  I learned Korean quick because I had to survive.  I think Seoul is very exciting, if one knows where to go.  I walked at least one mile a day between taxis and trains, never needed a car, although the co. made one available to my group.  In short, I had a great time, my team went out drinking and partying alot & I learned alot about myself.  

Wife works for Hanjin shipping, a huge Co. with offices all over the world.  Our next overseas work gig will last one year and hopefully be Vietnam.  I've wanted to go for a long time.  Most likely Ho chi Min city (Saigon)

My favorite Korean food is Sam ge Tan.  It is supposed to be eaten on the hottest day of the summer, but I eat it all the time.

I do miss the city, exciting and never a dull moment, one of the SAFEST CITIES ON EARTH.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#9]
satcong:

Back in the late 80' to mid 90's I worked for Daewoo Int'l in their US office so I got to travel to Korea and China very often.  After that I worked for Seik Int'l so I got to travel to Korea and China often.  I was usually in Korea for 3-4 weeks and 4-6 weeks in China.  Finally I was sent to Poland for few years to set up a manufacturing factory and to get it running.  I was scheduled to go to Panama after Poland to do same thing but decided living out of a luggage and moving every few years was not ideal for my wife and I so I quite and got a job with a local company.  I heard Seik is setting up some factory in Vietnam next year for bicycle frames.

You are right, Seoul is a great city if you know where to go and very safe.  I always felt safe no matter where I went and at all hours.  Poland was totally different.  It was interesting for the first few months but after that I hated living there.  Only good part of living in Poland was that you can travel to Germany, Sweden, Austria and other Western Europe very easily.  

Anyway, sounds like you are living a interesting life.  

Take care and stay safe.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top