Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2004 12:19:45 PM EDT
I will be there for the next two weeks for work.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 12:25:09 PM EDT
[#1]
well.  mainly just be glad you don't live there in my opinion

Link Posted: 8/15/2004 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Practice saying "I'm gonnaah paahk tha caahr theaah!"
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 12:45:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Uh, just find your way into Boston.   I don't know a damn thing about Leominster.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#4]

I think that the surrounding communities still have farms.  Might be able to go cow tipping.  :)

I used to live one town over from there in Lunenburg, MA.  There's really not much of anything to do around there.  If you feel like taking a 45 minute drive, you could head up to Manchester, NH to Manchester Firing Line.  All sorts of nifty stuff for rent there...  pistols, rifles, class-3 goodies...  

Link Posted: 8/15/2004 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Yah it is mostly stores there.  There is a batting cage and mini golf off of Route 2 there. Searstown Mall has a few theators if you enjoy that. There is a 6 to1 ratio of bar/pakage stores to people in this state thats how we put up with kerry and kennedy.
also there is a pretty good range there you could look it up on the web.
Leominster Sportsman Association Inc.
1455 Elm Street
City Leominster
Phone 508-534-6960
not sure if you can go if you are not a member might be worth a phone call. Not sure about weapons availablity.
I will post again as I think of things to do there. I live about 25 miles west of there.
phil.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#6]
If you can travel and have the time the Higgins Armory museum of Worcestor, Ma. is a place to ck out:
it is about a half hour away or so.
http://www.higgins.org/

Phil.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 2:01:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
well.  mainly just be glad you don't live there in my opinion

+1

I lived there for three years. Spent all
my time in Boston or the suburbs...
Leominster, Lunenburg, and Fitchburg
suck for nightime activities.

ETA: Sorry - let me help you out since
you are stuck there.

• Get on route 2 East

• Take it all the way towards Boston
    until you see a sign for Alewife T Station

• For Red Sox: Take Red line to Park St, switch
    to outbound Green line, get off at Fenway stop

• For dance clubs: same as above

• For white collar bars: Take Red line to Downtown
    crossing, take outbound Orange line to Back Bay.
    Walk through Copley mall to Boylston St.

Link Posted: 8/15/2004 2:18:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys.. I will have a car. I am flying into Providence RI so I do not have to drive in Boston. That museam may be the ticket for the weekend.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you can travel and have the time the Higgins Armory museum of Worcestor, Ma. is a place to ck out:

Phil.

oh that is a good recommendation. i had forgotten all about higgins armory - used to LOVE going there when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 2:22:10 PM EDT
[#10]
My condolences.

What does a Girl from Leominster, Ted Kosinski and Mark Hacking have in common?

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 2:22:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My condolences.

What does a Girl from Leominster, Ted Kosinski and Mark Hacking have in common?

Bomber

They've all been fingered by their brother.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 2:27:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's some great advice.

I once was in Boston for a business trip and had a day off.

I got in the car and headed to Springfield, Mass and visited the Springfirld Armoury Museum.  It is one of the very best museums that I have ever visited.

It's one thing to look at an M-1 Garand, but something else to look at serial number #1.  And serial #1,000,000, 2,000,000, etc.

Full of great exhibits, every weapon you can imagine is there, it is just great.

Mass. isn't very big.  You will not be very far whereever you are.

Don't miss it.  You will thank me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Yah it is mostly stores there.  There is a batting cage and mini golf off of Route 2 there. Searstown Mall has a few theators if you enjoy that. There is a 6 to1 ratio of bar/pakage stores to people in this state thats how we put up with kerry and kennedy.
also there is a pretty good range there you could look it up on the web.
Leominster Sportsman Association Inc.
1455 Elm Street
City Leominster
Phone 508-534-6960
not sure if you can go if you are not a member might be worth a phone call. Not sure about weapons availablity.
I will post again as I think of things to do there. I live about 25 miles west of there.
phil.

I'm from Leominster,MA. and member of the Leominster Sportsman's Assoc.You have to be a member to shoot there.I'd take you as a guest,only thing is I'm leaving the area to move to Las Vegas,NV next week.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#14]
for the love of God guys, CENTERFOLDS in Oxford.
sheesh, its Leominister for Petes sake, hey.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 4:21:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, Leominster isn't exactly a hot spot.

Higgins is one of the world's premier collections of medieval and Renaissance arms and armor.  Definitely worth the drive.  While you are in Worcester anyhow, visit the Worcester Art Museum, their Italian Renaissance collection is world class and then some, they also have a very good egyptian collection.  

Worcester also hosts the Worcester Polytechnicl Institute a truly excellent technology university.  It's small but very high end.  It has also got its own nuclear reactor.

Worcester is a highly under-rated city, both by visitors and, most importantly, by itself. It is horribly isolationist.  What can you say about a city that refused to have the olympic torch pass through town out of fear that it would attract the wrong element?  It is a community bent on self-limitation.  But it's got some cool stuff.

Leominster's main industry is plastics.  The smell can get annoying.   A friend of mine owns a nice apple orchard in Phillipston called Red Apple Farm.  It's a pick your own place, family run for 3 generations. Springfield Armory Museum in Springfield is a good idea,  There is also the Smith and Wesson factory and range facility in Springfield. It is one of the few such facilities in the area, Most ranges in Massachusetts do not offer rentals or even public access.

Strawberry Banke in Portsmouth New Hampshire is a nice place to visit for history buffs, so is Plymouthe Plantation in Plymouth MA. which strives to present a realistic portrait of life in the 1627 Massachusetts Bay colony.

Boston is loaded with cool stuff to do also...if you can stand the city.  I highly recommend the Bunker Hill monument and the presentation at the top of the Hancock Tower detailing the battle of Bunker Hill.

There is also "Old Ironsides" the oldest serving commissioned Naval Vessel in the US Navy.  It served in the war of 1812.  It is an excellent place to check out.  The New England Aquarium is also an exceptional example of the type currently undergoing some updating.  Then there is Quincy Market and Fanieul Hall, the center for a great deal of agitation in the pre-Revolution days.  The Freedom Trail in Boston is, in general, an interesting way to spend a day.  It'll take you by the Old North Church, Paul Revere's old home and through The North End, where some of the best Italian restaurants in America can be found.  

While you are at it, right up Route 2 from Leominster is Concord, MA and a number of Battle Road museums.  Many of the homes along the famous road have been restored and or preserved so that modern people can better understand the famous battle.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 4:24:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Phil.

oh that is a good recommendation. i had forgotten all about higgins armory - used to LOVE going there when I was a kid.

Link Posted: 8/15/2004 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Here's some great advice.

I once was in Boston for a business trip and had a day off.

I got in the car and headed to Springfield, Mass and visited the Springfirld Armoury Museum.  It is one of the very best museums that I have ever visited.

It's one thing to look at an M-1 Garand, but something else to look at serial number #1.  And serial #1,000,000, 2,000,000, etc.

Full of great exhibits, every weapon you can imagine is there, it is just great.

Mass. isn't very big.  You will not be very far whereever you are.

Don't miss it.  You will thank me.

I live about 10 minutes away and I've never been there.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top