BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 77
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:39:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh no.  He's gotten to "tell".  Don't want him to get to "make".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I told you to get a clue, do so.
He's not a cop.  Don't hurt yourself jumping to incorrect conclusions.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:39:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

In a back alley in her pajamas? That job must be an endless line of crazy every min of every day.
View Quote
I don't know what difference, or any this makes, but interactions with police in Australia are generally much different than they are here.  I know in the area that my wife grew up in, it was not uncommon for the police to take over 30 minutes to arrive when called, so some people would naturally do some investigating on their own before the police arrive.  Again, this is pretty speculative but something to consider since our past interactions with people tend to influence how we interact with them in the future.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
LOL you go buttercup. The ignorance is me watching you back-peddle.

Way to research that after it was pointed out princess...5TH AMENDMENT 5TH AMENDMENT!

And that attacking part seems kind of ironic for someone who replied like a condescending prick to my original post. Of course you would say not but a lot of your spam posts in this thread prove otherwise.

Because, law.  Thats how it works.

Sure the law works the same for everybody amiright? Reality is often different that what the written law says should happen.

We can keep going this way if you want but all it is is bitching at each other.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You go, girl.   Youre now attacking in two different directions, accusing two people of being on a high horse.  Oh, look, a second reference to someone needing a nap.  Time for new material.  

I didnt stamp my feet, <edited -40xb>, i stated what the law is.   I dont give a shit what your idiotic, ignorant opinion is, but i will address it with facts to highlight how aggresively ignorant you are, thats why i reply.  You can pretend I'm stamping my feet, but what the adults see is that someone who understands the law is explaining how it works to someone who doesnt know jack shit.  

Heres a tip, if you're forced to attack everyone who disagrees with you as "blabbering" and being on a high horse, perhaps everyone else isn't the problem.

There are NOT two sets of rules with regard to statements after a shooting, no matter how many times you bleat it.  He doesnt have to make a statement, you wouldnt have to make a statement.  

He, as an employee, can be forced to make a statement or be fired.  You, as a non LEO, dont face that dilemma.   If he makes that statement, he was forced to make it so it cant be used aganst him.  Thats not a special rule for cops, Clarence Darrow.   If they locked you in a room and asked you questions without a lawyer despite you asking for one, guess what, Matlock, they cant use your atatement in a criminal trial, either.  

Ive already said, multiple times, you or i would get fancy bracelets and a cot to sleep on, while he was released home, and that is different, but thats not what we are tslking about.

You may go now.
LOL you go buttercup. The ignorance is me watching you back-peddle.

He, as an employee, can be forced to make a statement or be fired.  You, as a non LEO, dont face that dilemma.   If he makes that statement, he was forced to make it so it cant be used aganst him.  Thats not a special rule for cops, Clarence Darrow.   If they locked you in a room and asked you questions without a lawyer despite you asking for one, guess what, Matlock, they cant use your atatement in a criminal trial, either.  
Way to research that after it was pointed out princess...5TH AMENDMENT 5TH AMENDMENT!

And that attacking part seems kind of ironic for someone who replied like a condescending prick to my original post. Of course you would say not but a lot of your spam posts in this thread prove otherwise.

Sure the law works the same for everybody amiright? Reality is often different that what the written law says should happen.

We can keep going this way if you want but all it is is bitching at each other.
Why don't you keep the name calling out of it?

Jesus.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I posted earlier about firearms training a local department has been using for a decade. the range officers use multiple targets and change around guns and other objects in the hands of the photographic targets. The scenarios force the officers to identify the actual threats.

One other thing that would have helped in this situation is GET OUT OF THE SQUAD. Park the squad on an adjacent street and walk into the alley mid-block. The officers would have had the use of their ears as well as their eyes, and they would have had more information to make a tactical assessment and approach.

Every department in the country should be looking at this and thinking about giving their officers tools to avoid these situations in the future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
while i don't disagree things can be improved. the best screening in the world may or may not catch something like that. your disposition during a test may not reflect real world conditions. 

who knows what was going through this guys mind at them time. only the investigation results will tell us. that may lead to changes.

I posted earlier about firearms training a local department has been using for a decade. the range officers use multiple targets and change around guns and other objects in the hands of the photographic targets. The scenarios force the officers to identify the actual threats.

One other thing that would have helped in this situation is GET OUT OF THE SQUAD. Park the squad on an adjacent street and walk into the alley mid-block. The officers would have had the use of their ears as well as their eyes, and they would have had more information to make a tactical assessment and approach.

Every department in the country should be looking at this and thinking about giving their officers tools to avoid these situations in the future.
And every citizen should be asking their local PTB's what the departments training budget looks like.  Seriously.  I am not disagreeing with you.  But training ain't free (small city with out their own range?  In colorado expect to pony up anywhere form a couple grand a year to 4K every time you go to the range.  Scheduled a year in advance.  With no refunds for cancellations if there happens to be a blizzard.  Plus time, ammo, possible travel expenses, targets etc etc) and the focus on fighting and driving died a long time ago.  The whole we put pictures of different shit in there hands is great.  But if you are only doing it during the daylight it ain't so great when shooting happens at an alley at three am.

Here is a partial list of things the cops should be trained on in regards to firearms.  A bunch of these are either court mandated (realistically all of them can under various court rulings that an agency needs to train their officers to deal with any likely scenario.) or incorporated into state certifying requirements.

Shoot don't shoot
Force on force
Off duty/UC officer involved shooting
responding to an off duty/UC officer involved shooting
shooting while moving
shooting at moving targets
shooting at moving targets while moving
drawing from concealment
drawing from non-standard positions
shooting from a vehicle
shooting into a vehicle
shooting from nonstandard positions
administrative handling
non-dominant hand shooting
shooting non-dominant and dominant only
shooting with a light
malfunction clearance
malfunction clearance one handed
malfunction clearance one handed with the non-dominant hand (double feeds fucking suck but can be done.  Not likely?  Is a shooter induced malfunction more or less likely when the dominant hand is unavailable and the officer is shooting non-dominant hand only?).
shooting from cover concealment
shooting with bystanders
hostage shots

all of this in day and low light conditions.

Please design me a training course that allows me to have 30 officers proficient (not we do it once every three or four years but actually proficient.) on all of the above.  Your budget is between 3 and 15K.  But that budget has to include instructor certification and certification maintenance, range maintenance and/or fees, range equipment, and ammo.  Additionally, you can not use all of that money.  Because we still need to do arrest control, tazer, oc, baton, driving and a bunch of other training this year.  Oh, and we need instructors for those areas to be certified as well.

That is the reality for a lot of cops in this country.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#5]
IBTL.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:49:40 PM EDT
[#6]
The family of an Australian woman shot to death by Minneapolis police has hired an attorney who represented the family of Philando Castile.

https://patch.com/minnesota/southwestminneapolis/damond-family-hires-attorney-philando-castile-case
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The family of an Australian woman shot to death by Minneapolis police has hired an attorney who represented the family of Philando Castile.

https://patch.com/minnesota/southwestminneapolis/damond-family-hires-attorney-philando-castile-case
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You are an idiot.  I did not and am not backpeddaling, imbecile.  

He cannot be forced to talk to cops.   Period.  He can be forced to give a statement on the IA side or lose his job. But that statement cannot be used against him, for the same reason the arresting cops can't make him talk.  That's the same protections you get, sweetie pie.    

Fifth amendment, Johnny on the knob.  

I didn't research anything, fool.   I aced Con Law twenty eight years ago, you know, in law school.  I already knew the law.  You still don't know it, but are living in fantasy land where I'm backpeddaling.  Maybe you could quote up where that happened, or, alternatively, drop the fantasy that you're making a decent showing.  

I know, make some more shit up, that will help save face.
View Quote
Never said he had to be forced to talk to the cops buttercup. I just quoted the part in bold, which can it be used with other legal statements to corroborate and or look for inconsistencies. That is unless he quit and didn't make one.

Point out where I said he can be forced to? I wish he could be of course but that isn't the same is it? You keep overlooking that point like an autistic person that can't stop doing the same thing over and over.

Looks like you need a refresher when others have point out your inconsistencies. Don't worry I'll keep reminding you.

Oh and 5TH Amendment 5TH Amendment 5Th Amendment LOL.

I hope you were never an actual  LEO or a lawyer because now I know why some many hate them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:54:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah, still weird. At the suggestion of the officers? That's just bad decision making to go into an alley where cops are looking for sexual predators/ deviants. That you complained about. deciding to do that of your own accord. IMO.
View Quote
You might have a different perspective on this than your average civilian. You understand the potential danger, and perhaps see the officer's arrival as the beginning of the incident, but the typical civilian might see the officer's arrival as the conclusion, if not of the incident then of the danger. And in a very real sense she was correct, the officer's arrival should have heralded safety. The LAST thing someone calling the police aught to fear is homicide by cop. Officers have an ethical and professional OBLIGATION to correctly identify targets and threats, and to refrain from murdering innocent civilians.

And that's really what this incident, and the many like it, are about. The problem is not that officers make too many mistakes (though perhaps they do), but that generally nothing is done about it, justice seems rarely dispensed, and we are told that occasional random murder by cop is just something we must tolerate in order to accommodate the fears of that thin blue line.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:55:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Unless there was a grassy knoll nearby, we have one witness who has directly stated that Noor fired shots, we have Noor's recently fired handgun, we (more accurately, the investigators) have fired brass matching the ammunition in Noor's gun, and we have no other suspects in the shooting.
View Quote
We supposedly also have people discussing other loud, 'gunshot type noises'  that 'startled' the police.

Without ballistic, forensic evidence we still can only assume the fatal shot came from his weapon. I agree it seems obvious that he fired the shot, but stranger things have happened.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Jesus.
View Quote
You mad at me for using the word buttercup. WTF? I made one post in here and then started getting crapped on by one arrogant prickish poster that won't let go...

You tell me how to DE-escalate it with him civilly and I'll gladly do it?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:59:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Here is a partial list of things the cops should be trained on in regards to firearms.  A bunch of these are either court mandated (realistically all of them can under various court rulings that an agency needs to train their officers to deal with any likely scenario.) or incorporated into state certifying requirements.

Shoot don't shoot
Force on force
shooting while moving
drawing from concealment
shooting from a vehicle
shooting into a vehicle
administrative handling
shooting with a light
malfunction clearance
malfunction clearance one handed with the non-dominant hand (double feeds fucking suck but can be done.  Not likely?  Is a shooter induced malfunction more or less likely when the dominant hand is unavailable and the officer is shooting non-dominant hand only?).
shooting with bystanders
hostage shots
View Quote
Wow, I'm surprised I actually had "training" in 4 of those. Two in the academy and the other two once in 18 years.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Never said he had to be forced to talk to the cops buttercup. I just quoted the part in bold, which can it be used with other legal statements to corroborate and or look for inconsistencies. That is unless he quit and didn't make one.

Point out where I said he can be forced to? I wish he could be of course but that isn't the same is it? You keep overlooking that point like an autistic person that can't stop doing the same thing over and over.

Looks like you need a refresher when others have point out your inconsistencies. Don't worry I'll keep reminding you.

I hope you were never an actual  LEO or a lawyer because now I know why some many hate them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are an idiot.  I did not and am not backpeddaling, imbecile.  

He cannot be forced to talk to cops.   Period.  He can be forced to give a statement on the IA side or lose his job. But that statement cannot be used against him, for the same reason the arresting cops can't make him talk.  That's the same protections you get, sweetie pie.    

Fifth amendment, Johnny on the knob.  

I didn't research anything, fool.   I aced Con Law twenty eight years ago, you know, in law school.  I already knew the law.  You still don't know it, but are living in fantasy land where I'm backpeddaling.  Maybe you could quote up where that happened, or, alternatively, drop the fantasy that you're making a decent showing.  

I know, make some more shit up, that will help save face.

Bitter much?  I guess your shit job isn't fulfilling, but, hope away about me being a lawyer, that will erase a long, successful career, smugtard.  

You haven't pointed out ANY inconsistencies, by the way.  Saying it over and over like rainman doesn't make it so.

The coerced statement CANNOT be used against him in a criminal action against him, just like your coerced confession can't be used against you.

Discussing this with you is like talking to a retarded tape recorder.  I've said the same thing from the beginning, and you still don't understand the basic law.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You mad at me for using the word buttercup. WTF? I made one post in here and then started getting crapped on by one arrogant prickish poster that won't let go...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus.

Already did.  Stop shitposting.  Arrogant?   You have feelings of inadequacy that aren't my problem, kid.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:01:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:01:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Commonwealth of Virginia, second-degree murder charges, according to VA Code Section 18.2-32 is unlawfully killing another person with malice forethought.

ALL lethal force law is case law.  For Everyone.

The 'duty of the state' to obtain a conviction is dead person, proof of action that killed them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There are reasons for this.  Most people blame it on affirmative action.  WHile that is a factor, particularly with a decent selection of the current generation of administrators, there are other factors that are in play and depending on area may be even bigger issues.

Money.  About 10 years ago I spent a few months helping a smaller county.  WHile I was there they hired a guy who was married with one kid.  After the kid accepted the job, the Sheriff handed him the paperwork because he qualified for food stamps.  Seriously, starting pay was around 12 dollars an hour.  My base pay was twice that (starting base pay was about 16K a year more).  And our pay sucks so bad we had exactly zero qualified applicants on our last posted opening.  I have worked with cops from the south who thought 40K a year starting pay with no pension was cop heaven.  Because their starting pay in GA or AL was under $15 with a similar cost of living.

The Ferguson effect.  LE has been a damned if you do damned if you do not profession since before I started.  However, now the public is far more aware of it.  They are far more aware of the risks (not the on the job physical stuff, the other shit).  And people qualified to be a cop under the old standards can make a fuck ton more money doing other shit.  So the costs of becoming a cop are starting to outweigh the benefits for a lot of people.

Society in general.  When I was a rookie cop, we did not get weekly or daily calls to go be a parent cause suzi soccermom hasn't been one for the first 15 years of kids life.  We did not get 911 calls to come make the coyotes be quiet so suzi soccermom could get some sleep.  Only really old widows and spinsters called us to come fix their furnace or water heater at 3 am.  If some one locked themselves out of their car, you did not have to get a waiver signed and if it fucked up the window they did not sue your ass.  They knew the risk and accepted it.  I was not expected to be a mental health counselor or a paramedic.  I was expected to show up, stabilize shit enough to keep people alive until the trained professionals in that field took over.   I did not deal with petty shit because some one in their mid thirties or older had not figured out how to adult yet.

Money part 2:  Training.  Everyone wants highly trained professional cops.  Until it is time to actually pay for highly trained professional cops.  The state requires one qualification and four hours of firearms training a year.  On the other hand the courts have ruled that meeting state requirements is not adequate.  Specifically, the courts expect departments to train officers to deal with any likely scenario.  My current agency used to do one classroom day/ qual, a qual only and two range days a year for thirty hours of training.  Budget changes have cut that back to one range day a year.  With thirty hours a year you can maybe cover the majority of the basic likely scenarios in a few years.

That is only one area.  You also have arrest control (cheaper than guns for instructors), driving (fucking expensive), cic, prea, animal rights/awareness(decent for the city kids), senior abuse, it's always the mans fault, CIT, mental health awareness, legal updates (useful and relevant), anti-bias (again), community policing (seriously, it is not a rapidly changing field.  Do I really need to go through a class or two on it every freaking 2-5 years to keep the feds and the state happy?), first aid and cpr (useful) and a host of other training that does not have a lot of bearing on the traditional cops job.  Nope, I am not whining, just pointing out while I am used to the stupid (in the slow boil frog kind of way) when you factor in the other issues, a lot of bright, motivated rookies, guys and gals you WANT to be cops, put up with it for a year or two and then say fuck this and go on to other things.

The triumph of management over leadership.  Much like when I was in the military, managers are every where and generally fucking shit up.  Leaders are harder to find and may not be around long enough to unfuck things.

Seriously, every one says you get what you pay for.  But they expect to pay a wage some where between  a clerk at sprouts and middle class, Spend maybe $300 per officer per year for training, to get a professional gunfighter, who is also a paramedic, veternarian, social worker, mental health counselor, accident reconstructionist, Nascar driver, MMA fighter, surrogate parent, home repairman, role model, mediator, and attorney.  All from memory while never hesitating, thinking about the decision, researching the law or making a single mistake.

Is it any wonder a lot of potentially good cops are saying fuck this and becoming social workers, probation officers, lasik repairman , sysco sales reps or hvac guys?  That bigger cities are lowering standards? Or that smaller towns and counties are sometimes stuck hiring other peoples rejects or ummmm, marginal candidates?  Or that when a friend of my girlfriends kid asked me if I had any advice for her boyfriend who wants to be a cop I said, be a firefighter?
View Quote
That shit needs to be pread far and wife, excellent synopsis
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:02:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
He got the Castiles $3m I bet he can get these people $5m.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You might have a different perspective on this than your average civilian. You understand the potential danger, and perhaps see the officer's arrival as the beginning of the incident, but the typical civilian might see the officer's arrival as the conclusion, if not of the incident then of the danger. And in a very real sense she was correct, the officer's arrival should have heralded safety. The LAST thing someone calling the police aught to fear is homicide by cop. Officers have an ethical and professional OBLIGATION to correctly identify targets and threats, and to refrain from murdering innocent civilians.

And that's really what this incident, and the many like it, are about. The problem is not that officers make too many mistakes (though perhaps they do), but that generally nothing is done about it, justice is rarely dispensed, and we are told that occasional random murder by cop is just something we must tolerate in order to accommodate the delicate feelings of that thin blue line.
View Quote
+1.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:03:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Have there been anymore facts released about this? Not interested in opinions, just what has been released pertaining to this incident.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:05:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

There are reasons for this.  Most people blame it on affirmative action.  WHile that is a factor, particularly with a decent selection of the current generation of administrators, there are other factors that are in play and depending on area may be even bigger issues.

Money.  About 10 years ago I spent a few months helping a smaller county.  WHile I was there they hired a guy who was married with one kid.  After the kid accepted the job, the Sheriff handed him the paperwork because he qualified for food stamps.  Seriously, starting pay was around 12 dollars an hour.  My base pay was twice that (starting base pay was about 16K a year more).  And our pay sucks so bad we had exactly zero qualified applicants on our last posted opening.  I have worked with cops from the south who thought 40K a year starting pay with no pension was cop heaven.  Because their starting pay in GA or AL was under $15 with a similar cost of living.

The Ferguson effect.  LE has been a damned if you do damned if you do not profession since before I started.  However, now the public is far more aware of it.  They are far more aware of the risks (not the on the job physical stuff, the other shit).  And people qualified to be a cop under the old standards can make a fuck ton more money doing other shit.  So the costs of becoming a cop are starting to outweigh the benefits for a lot of people.

Society in general.  When I was a rookie cop, we did not get weekly or daily calls to go be a parent cause suzi soccermom hasn't been one for the first 15 years of kids life.  We did not get 911 calls to come make the coyotes be quiet so suzi soccermom could get some sleep.  Only really old widows and spinsters called us to come fix their furnace or water heater at 3 am.  If some one locked themselves out of their car, you did not have to get a waiver signed and if it fucked up the window they did not sue your ass.  They knew the risk and accepted it.  I was not expected to be a mental health counselor or a paramedic.  I was expected to show up, stabilize shit enough to keep people alive until the trained professionals in that field took over.   I did not deal with petty shit because some one in their mid thirties or older had not figured out how to adult yet.

Money part 2:  Training.  Everyone wants highly trained professional cops.  Until it is time to actually pay for highly trained professional cops.  The state requires one qualification and four hours of firearms training a year.  On the other hand the courts have ruled that meeting state requirements is not adequate.  Specifically, the courts expect departments to train officers to deal with any likely scenario.  My current agency used to do one classroom day/ qual, a qual only and two range days a year for thirty hours of training.  Budget changes have cut that back to one range day a year.  With thirty hours a year you can maybe cover the majority of the basic likely scenarios in a few years.

That is only one area.  You also have arrest control (cheaper than guns for instructors), driving (fucking expensive), cic, prea, animal rights/awareness(decent for the city kids), senior abuse, it's always the mans fault, CIT, mental health awareness, legal updates (useful and relevant), anti-bias (again), community policing (seriously, it is not a rapidly changing field.  Do I really need to go through a class or two on it every freaking 2-5 years to keep the feds and the state happy?), first aid and cpr (useful) and a host of other training that does not have a lot of bearing on the traditional cops job.  Nope, I am not whining, just pointing out while I am used to the stupid (in the slow boil frog kind of way) when you factor in the other issues, a lot of bright, motivated rookies, guys and gals you WANT to be cops, put up with it for a year or two and then say fuck this and go on to other things.

The triumph of management over leadership.  Much like when I was in the military, managers are every where and generally fucking shit up.  Leaders are harder to find and may not be around long enough to unfuck things.

Seriously, every one says you get what you pay for.  But they expect to pay a wage some where between  a clerk at sprouts and middle class, Spend maybe $300 per officer per year for training, to get a professional gunfighter, who is also a paramedic, veternarian, social worker, mental health counselor, accident reconstructionist, Nascar driver, MMA fighter, surrogate parent, home repairman, role model, mediator, and attorney.  All from memory while never hesitating, thinking about the decision, researching the law or making a single mistake.

Is it any wonder a lot of potentially good cops are saying fuck this and becoming social workers, probation officers, lasik repairman , sysco sales reps or hvac guys?  That bigger cities are lowering standards? Or that smaller towns and counties are sometimes stuck hiring other peoples rejects or ummmm, marginal candidates?  Or that when a friend of my girlfriends kid asked me if I had any advice for her boyfriend who wants to be a cop I said, be a firefighter?
View Quote
Very interesting post. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:06:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

And every citizen should be asking their local PTB's what the departments training budget looks like.  Seriously.  I am not disagreeing with you.  But training ain't free (small city with out their own range?  In colorado expect to pony up anywhere form a couple grand a year to 4K every time you go to the range.  Scheduled a year in advance.  With no refunds for cancellations if there happens to be a blizzard.  Plus time, ammo, possible travel expenses, targets etc etc) and the focus on fighting and driving died a long time ago.  The whole we put pictures of different shit in there hands is great.  But if you are only doing it during the daylight it ain't so great when shooting happens at an alley at three am.

Shoot don't shoot
Force on force
shooting while moving
drawing from concealment
shooting from a vehicle
shooting into a vehicle
administrative handling
shooting with a light
malfunction clearance
shooting with bystanders
hostage shots

Please design me a training course that allows me to have 30 officers proficient (not we do it once every three or four years but actually proficient.) on all of the above.  Your budget is between 3 and 15K.  But that budget has to include instructor certification and certification maintenance, range maintenance and/or fees, range equipment, and ammo.  Additionally, you can not use all of that money.  Because we still need to do arrest control, tazer, oc, baton, driving and a bunch of other training this year.  Oh, and we need instructors for those areas to be certified as well.

View Quote
Yes!
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:08:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus.

Funny you skip calling him a prick.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speaking of jumping to conclusions, what made you think I was talking about him?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Shoot don't shoot
Force on force
shooting while moving
drawing from concealment
shooting from a vehicle
shooting into a vehicle
administrative handling
shooting with a light
malfunction clearance
shooting with bystanders
hostage shots

View Quote
This is why I keep asking if small agencies can carry their overhead.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:11:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
So instead of helping me you end up being condescending instead. Got it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We supposedly also have people discussing other loud, 'gunshot type noises'  that 'startled' the police.

Without ballistic, forensic evidence we still can only assume the fatal shot came from his weapon. I agree it seems obvious that he fired the shot, but stranger things have happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless there was a grassy knoll nearby, we have one witness who has directly stated that Noor fired shots, we have Noor's recently fired handgun, we (more accurately, the investigators) have fired brass matching the ammunition in Noor's gun, and we have no other suspects in the shooting.

At least according to the press release it was only a "loud noise" and not descriptive.  Not sure if "gunshot type" has been in anything released.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:14:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sometimes we need to refresh the page & read on through more recent posts before replying to a particular one .

I've done the same thing myself & missed seeing one of TBS's clear warnings over posts, till after I'd really kinda already screwed up. Not a comfortable feeling I had right then...
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Already did.  Stop shitposting.  Arrogant?   You have feelings of inadequacy that aren't my problem, kid.
View Quote
LOL that is the pot calling the kettle black. Inadequacy is spamming a thread feeling like what you have to say is more important than anyone else. And telling people to stop posting.

All I'm trying to do is defend myself against you...

Oh, and I asked an actual question from a real LEO and didn't even get an arrogant condescending remark...whodathunk it!

Can we please stop now after you scold me one more time?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This is why I keep asking if small agencies can carry their overhead.
View Quote
Gets increasingly tougher, specially in ILL. Local gov has to have really sharp pencils these days...
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
At least according to the press release it was only a "loud noise" and not descriptive.  Not sure if "gunshot type" has been in anything released.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I may have picked that up from the dispatch call or somewhere where 'fireworks' like noises were described. Sorry if I mislead anyone...
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Shoot don't shoot
Force on force
shooting while moving
drawing from concealment
shooting from a vehicle
shooting into a vehicle
administrative handling
shooting with a light
malfunction clearance
shooting with bystanders
hostage shots

View Quote
That is a good post.  +1 more thing...the ability to fail at being trained and also peered out.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I may have picked that up from the dispatch call where 'fireworks' like noises were described. Sorry if I mislead anyone...
View Quote
I'm thinking being that high on alert maybe the perception of any loud noise would be amplified under those circumstances?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I may have picked that up from the dispatch call or somewhere where 'fireworks' like noises were described. Sorry if I mislead anyone...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll admit I haven't had a chance to listen to the scanner capture yet so it may have been on there.  Folks are getting information from outside of this thread so it may well be a fact, it's just not one I remember reading yet.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:24:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm thinking being that high on alert maybe the perception of any loud noise would be amplified under those circumstances?
View Quote
Be a piss poor time to yell 'BOO!' wouldnt it! LEO's have brought it up in this thread & I have no idea how they kept from shooting somebody who actually thinks it's funny to scare a cop.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Have there been anymore facts released about this? Not interested in opinions, just what has been released pertaining to this incident.
View Quote
Couple interesting points. If I understand correctly:

* The officers were on scene, and had notified dispatch that everything was okay, for at least two minutes before shooting the woman.
* All of this took place a block and a half away from where the woman had reported the potential assault.
* Per policy, the officers should have had their body cameras turned on.

Again, this is just MY understanding of things so far.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
IBTL.
View Quote
The only thing meaningful to be added to this thread.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Speaking of jumping to conclusions, what made you think I was talking about him?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The "him" i meant was me.  You quoted a sentence I wrote, and cautioned not to make me "make"

You were talking about me, and I am not a cop.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Hard to do that with 50 rds a year.
View Quote
Fuck, hard to do it with 500-1K rounds a year per person.  We used to have a class/room qual day, a qual day where we would do two or three quickie range drills for training and two full 10 hour range days (with quals).  Thirty hours a year and 1K rounds per.  It we still couldn't do everything, every year.  So we focused on the most critically and most likely and some stuff we only got hands on once every two to three years.

I have been working on convincing the department to get a bunch of airsoft instead of using simunitions because it is cheaper.  But some of the instructors and command staff are ummmm resistant to the idea.  But the last time I priced it out for a couple cases of simunitions, we could get three or four electric or co 2 guns (decent quality) and a metric fuck ton of pellets/co2 cartridges.  One of the sticking points is most of the department carries 1911s or glocks.  While there are a bunch of reasonably priced 1911 airsoft clones, a glock one is impossible to find.  I have one I bought years ago but it is green gas and hasn't been available for a few years.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTL.
Yeah, I am shocked their isn't about 10 locked accounts right now.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
LOL that is the pot calling the kettle black. Inadequacy is spamming a thread feeling like what you have to say is more important than anyone else. And telling people to stop posting.

Oh, and I asked an actual question from a real LEO and didn't even get an arrogant condescending remark...whodathunk it!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never told you to stop posting, I told you to stop shitposting.  There's a difference.  

What I say isn't any more important than anyone else, that is more projection from your own deep seated feelings of inadequacy.  Nobody is saying they are better than you.  YOU brought that up, several times now.  Why is that?   Because that's what YOU think, not what I think.  

I never said or implied my posts are important to anyone, let alone more important than anyone else's.  

I won't be lectured on the law, though, by someone who doesn't understand it.  Not will I let you lie and claim I am backpedaling.  

Carry on.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Jesus.
View Quote
I agree with you right up to the point you admonish one but not the other, especially when the one you didn't admonish clearly violates the COC....case in point...

"Quoted:

You are an idiot. I did not and am not backpeddaling, imbecile. "
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:38:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The "him" i meant was me.  You quoted a sentence I wrote, and cautioned not to make me "make"

You were talking about me, and I am not a cop.
View Quote
I didn't realize you were the kind of guy that talks in the third person.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I agree with you right up to the point you admonish one but not the other, especially when the one you didn't admonish clearly violates the COC....case in point...

"Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus.

"Quoted:

Yeah.   Go look at what it says now, friendo.  I self edited that before the notice to knock off name calling was posted.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now it's a "pattern and practice" of violating civil rights.
Page / 77
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top