Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2017 2:48:12 AM EDT
But still can't find mine in the tracking system.  Email says they are running behind in processing these.

I submitted in April.

So they did receive them and that's how they emailed me about it?  I'm beginning to think there's going to be a lot of us who don't see our rebates.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:54:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Got same email. Said mine should be here end of next month. Typical for rebates which is why I rarely do one. Wait six months before it shows up. Read the full email and it explains everything yet it is a rebate so if I get it back I will be surprised.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:59:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Same here
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:03:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Dear Valued Smith & Wesson Customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase and on behalf of Smith & Wesson firearms, I would like to personally apologize for the delay you have experienced in receiving your rebate on this purchase.  Typically we are able to process rebates within a few weeks of receipt, and our recent performance does not meet our standard.

The “Savings You Can Carry” program has been very popular, and the tremendous response we received temporarily overwhelmed our systems.  I have personally overseen our correction of the situation, and am committing to you that if you submitted your rebate in the month of April, your rebate submission will be processed no later than July 7, 2017.  If you submitted your rebate in the month of May, your rebate submission will be processed no later than July 31, 2017.

Nothing is more important to us than your loyalty.  Please accept our sincerest apologies and our appreciation for your patience, as well as your dedication to the products we are so proud to deliver.

Regards,

Matt Buckingham
President, Smith & Wesson Firearms

To check the status of your rebate, visit www.rebateinquiryonline.com. If you have additional questions please call the consumer rebate inquiry line at 1-866-963-7933 or the Smith & Wesson customer service department at 1 (800) 331-0852.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:19:38 AM EDT
[#4]
S&W may have some issues, but CS is not one of them.

In my experience, Smith and Wesson and Ruger will bend over backwards to take care of their customers. They've earned me as a lifetime customer as a result.

I'm sure everyone will get their rebate.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:29:37 PM EDT
[#5]
when you search for your rebate use your last name and zip only...don't enter any other info.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:39:09 PM EDT
[#6]
An awful lot of rebates I've sent in over the years have been "lost".  I'm convinced that for the most part they're scams.  I'm guessing the companies that administer the rebate programs intentionally discard a certain percentage of them, whether or not the manufacturer is involved IDK.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a simple fact they got an overwhelming response and sold a helluva lot more pistols than they expected.
We will get our rebates. It just won't be within the 8-10 weeks as originally stated.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#8]
got it too
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:52:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
An awful lot of rebates I've sent in over the years have been "lost".  I'm convinced that for the most part they're scams.  I'm guessing the companies that administer the rebate programs intentionally discard a certain percentage of them, whether or not the manufacturer is involved IDK.
View Quote
They are lost until the person decides to track it down, then it is magically found and processed.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#10]
It would be suicide for them not to pay out. We'll get the rebates but it'll take a bit 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#11]
S&W will follow thru.....if it was colt everyone would be SOL.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I also received that email.
And I received an email from their actual customer service department.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:36:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

In my experience, Smith and Wesson and Ruger will bend over backwards to take care of their customers. They've earned me as a lifetime customer as a result.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#14]
If their system is capable of sending an email to all participants why isn't it able to print and mail a check?  They have all your info entered into the system to send the email.

It's not as if some little old lady is sitting at a desk meticulously hand writing each line like she's in front of me at Walmart.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Same here
View Quote
eta: Not worried about it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:55:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If their system is capable of sending an email to all participants why isn't it able to print and mail a check?  They have all your info entered into the system to send the email.

It's not as if some little old lady is sitting at a desk meticulously hand writing each line like she's in front of me at Walmart.
View Quote
It probably just mass emailed all email addresses that submitted a rebate. To actually send a check they still need to see which rebate(s) each person got as well as verify them against the submitted receipt(s).

I'm waiting on mine too.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:55:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Got the same email, I think this morning. I'm not worried at all. S&W hasn't let me down yet.

Lol at the Colt cs comment. Colt....not so much.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:03:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Chill. The. Fudge. Out.

This. Is. Sparta.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#19]
I still don't get how they thought that marking their pistol down to High Point prices would not result in a metric shit ton of them being sold.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:14:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah I'm not worried at all actually ordered another today.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I did get a good price even without the rebate. The $75 is  lagniappe to me.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:05:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It probably just mass emailed all email addresses that submitted a rebate. To actually send a check they still need to see which rebate(s) each person got as well as verify them against the submitted receipt(s).

I'm waiting on mine too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm waiting on mine too.
That info was entered at the same time the email address was entered.  

You don't think they got the forms in the mail, hand entered just the email address and then threw all the cards in a big pile to sort through later?

They have everything they need to send the rebates except the cash.  More specifically they probably want to hold onto the cash or split it over a couple quarters so doesn't kill one quarter's profits.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:08:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I just submitted mine about an hour ago, I'd almost forgot about it 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:16:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
when you search for your rebate use your last name and zip only...don't enter any other info.
View Quote
That worked.

Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:35:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Agree 100%
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:35:38 PM EDT
[#26]
That was kinda funny - I asked my wife if she'd seen it recently.  A few hours later she gets the email.

I'm not worried about it.  I've heard their CS is good and honestly, there's a ton of other manufacturers out there.  If it "got lost", no biggie; I'd probably get my next revolver elsewhere.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#27]
I received mine. I looks weird for a rebate check. It's about the size of a postcard.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#28]
I entered rebates online in April and June.  When I search, I only see my April submission.  Should I resubmit the June one?
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
I checked the website and it says that it was sent out 29 JUN.  I still don't have it as of today (10 JUL).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top