Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've been in Law Enforcement for 21 years. I can't imagine any agency letting (key word) their Officers take parts off of anything to sell. Much less firearms. I'm sure some crooked Cops got ahold of something here and there, but for the most part I'm calling him a liar.
View Quote
Officers stripping parts off of evidence slated for destruction that results in the Officer personally profiting from said stripping... I'm going with fuck no.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Wasn't there some guy in the HK world that was well-known for this type of stuff as well?
View Quote
Todd Bailey special weapons or whatever the company name is this.week 
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That statement alone is enough justifiable cause to never do business with him.  I'm sure by now he's figured out a way to install manual safeties on Glocks too.
View Quote
Lol.  I should have taken photos of the 4 Glocks with Comminoli safeties a guy wanted me to install.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Officers stripping parts off of evidence slated for destruction that results in the Officer personally profiting from said stripping... I'm going with fuck no.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been in Law Enforcement for 21 years. I can't imagine any agency letting (key word) their Officers take parts off of anything to sell. Much less firearms. I'm sure some crooked Cops got ahold of something here and there, but for the most part I'm calling him a liar.
Tell that to this guy: http://ktla.com/2017/05/02/57-firearms-seized-from-pasadena-police-lieutenants-home-during-raid-govt-records/
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I DO NOT PROVIDE "RECEIPTS" OR "INVOICES" WITH YOUR WORK ORDER, YOU CAN PRINT OUT A "WORK ORDER" FROM MY WEB PAGE AND KEEP A COPY FOR YOUR OWN RECORDS, IF YOU STILL REQUIRE AN INVOICE I WILL PROVIDE ONE FOR YOU FOR A $25 "INVOICE GENERATION FEE"
o please gfy
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:50:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"I have boycotted certain companies for 20 years + because of a severe lack of warrantee honor.  I don't want to name anyone in particular, but I'll say their name starts with a Trij ! "
View Quote
If Trijicon has a problem with him then I like them even more.  I sent a broken acog from fleabay and they fixed it no questions asked.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No, there was some builder that I read about on HKpro that pulled some real shenanigans. It was almost Ciener level stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean HK?
No, there was some builder that I read about on HKpro that pulled some real shenanigans. It was almost Ciener level stuff.
Murray Urbach?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sure it is.  Ask any communist country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bet he gets a lot of repeat customers.  He also seems to think his profession is on the same playing field as doctors dentists and lawyers.
Why shouldn't he?

A profession is a profession from the garbage man to the surgeon.
Sure it is.  Ask any communist country.
Didn't want to just come right out and say you think the skilled trades are worthless pieces of shit?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:14:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This 

And a core charge for gun parts?  I've never had a smith try to pull that on me. 
View Quote
Its not his property to take, what a moron.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
WTF...........I love .45acp and 1911's but 400 yard and 600 yard ranges???????  how many yards is the holdover, or have we switched to a plumb bob and a speed square mounted on a the slide....30 degrees elevation enough?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
WTF...........I love .45acp and 1911's but 400 yard and 600 yard ranges???????  how many yards is the holdover, or have we switched to a plumb bob and a speed square mounted on a the slide....30 degrees elevation enough?
If you think all that is some insanity... I found this

It is some full retard shit The author of that abomination (the grey response confirming death ray status) needs to go back to whatever they did before, which obviously did not require them to know anything useful about firearms.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It is some full retard shit The author of that abomination (the grey response confirming death ray status) needs to go back to whatever they did before, which obviously did not require them to know anything useful about firearms.
View Quote
he's like the L Ron Hubbard of the gunsmithing world, and his Scientology followers are as batshit crazy as he is.

I emailed him a few years back asking if he had any small parts laying around because I needed them to fix up a competition gun  on the super short notice and he's a local guy, he said that he could not release them into my custody because they could be dangerous in the wrong hands.

All I fucking wanted was an untuned sear spring and a mainspring pin.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm impressed, but not really surprised, he has his house (because that's where his "shop" is) blurred out by google maps.

3347 Caroline Ave. - Culver City - CA - 90232

Link
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm impressed he has his house (because that's where his "shop" is) blurred out by google maps.

3347 Caroline Ave. - Culver City - CA - 90232

Link
View Quote
Apparently he hasn't heard of Bing.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:35:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Interesting, but I think he's full of shit. He just doesn't seem to want to give discounts.

Q: Do you offer Police / Law Enforcement or FFL gun dealer discounts?

A: No, I'm sorry I don't.
Around 80%-90% of my business are PD/LEO or FFL clients, so it would be unfair to raise the price for only the minority 10% +/- of regular customers,
especially when that 10% are typically my best customers ordering more substantial custom work then that usually requested by P.D. officers etc.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
he's like the L Ron Hubbard of the gunsmithing world, and his Scientology followers are as batshit crazy as he is.

I emailed him a few years back asking if he had any small parts laying around because I needed them to fix up a competition gun  on the super short notice and he's a local guy, he said that he could not release them into my custody because they could be dangerous in the wrong hands.

All I fucking wanted was an untuned sear spring and a mainspring pin.
View Quote

Even just from random internet findings, it sounds like his followers are lemon-partying-it up with him.  Oh well.  To each their own.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop, just Stop, I can only process so much utter bullshit at once.  This joker deserves his own thread, or for it to be proven they were twins separated at birth.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#17]
I had to charge family members in order to end constant requests for free IT work.  I think that was the day I became a professional.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
on that note, that dude can go fuck himself
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I DO NOT PROVIDE "RECEIPTS" OR "INVOICES" WITH YOUR WORK ORDER, YOU CAN PRINT OUT A "WORK ORDER" FROM MY WEB PAGE AND KEEP A COPY FOR YOUR OWN RECORDS, IF YOU STILL REQUIRE AN INVOICE I WILL PROVIDE ONE FOR YOU FOR A $25 "INVOICE GENERATION FEE"
o please gfy
on that note, that dude can go fuck himself
With a cactus.

"You can't just walk in and place an order, you need to call ahead and set up an appointment, but I charge $2.50 per minute to talk on the phone."

"Gun cleaning is $35. And I won't actually take the gun apart, I'll just stuff my dickbeaters into it as best I can."

What a fuckin' prick.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Finally!  Someone who hates froglube as much as I do.

Quickest way to piss me off for an entire day is to give me a gun to work on that is covered in God damn amphibian paste....
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quickest way to piss me off for an entire day is to give me a gun to work on that is covered in God damn amphibian paste....
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#21]
© TJ's Custom Gunworks 1995-2016
View Quote
Well, his website certainly looks 1995ish...
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
At least he's up front.

You have to be REALLY good at what you do to get away with an attitude like that.
View Quote
He's probably dealt with moronic mouth breathers from this website his entire career.
Think about all of the ignorant sumbitches that ask him retarded questions 24/7 when he's trying to get work done.

Think about all of the people who've never read an instruction manual for their weapon, never properly cleaned their guns or maintained them.
Just shot them until they failed and wanted somebody to fix them.  He's probably grumpy for a fucking reason.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Apparently he hasn't heard of Bing.
View Quote
lol owned.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:34:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Some of his work.
Tiger stripe pistol

View Quote
are the stripes stickers? they seem to have a white outline like a sticker would.

that said. I think i've missed my calling. I could do work at that level AND I'd clean them for free.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:39:22 PM EDT
[#26]
This is what happens when a person with severe Asperger's buys a drill press and dremel tool then labels himself a "gunsmith."

Holy fuck his work is worse than his personal skills and I didn't think that was possible.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:39:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Well, its obvious you don't run with Delta, who needed a 1911 pistol in 1987 to shoot terrorists at 300 yards across the tarmac. Watch his Youtube video, he actually said that. 
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:41:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Jesus, reading this stuff makes me want to go out and get a six pack of Straub (since that's his favorite beer, I've drank many of them with him over the years) and a few cigars and drive over to see the guy who does gunsmithing for me right now just to show how much I appreciate him. He doesn't advertise so basically you either know him or someone who knows him tells you to call him, and he's still always busy. Even so, he's always happy to talk over what you want to do or figure something out for you. Hell he makes house calls if he likes you, doesn't charge extra either. I've known him since I was...well born basically, since he's a family friend, and he was one of my HS teachers, so he's been doing gun work for me since I was like 16 except for the times I was living elsewhere.

I knew he was an awesome dude, and does awesome work, but I never actually thought about what it'd be like to have to resort to looking for a guy to do work and then have to hope they weren't like the winner this thread is about.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Navigating his website hurts.
View Quote
really? you don't miss myspace ?

i'm kind of nostalgic now. was anyone else waiting for the autoplay music to start ?

:-P
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:47:43 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't care how good he is...  I don't like doing business with assholes if I can help it.  

The guy isn't the brain surgeon or cardiologist - where you don't care.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:56:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Dude, that's fucked up
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Oh god this guy is begging to be trolled. Somebody please!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:02:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

really? you don't miss myspace ?

i'm kind of nostalgic now. was anyone else waiting for the autoplay music to start ?

:-P
View Quote
I bet when he gets his "free email questions" in his inbox he still hears: You've got mail!
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:08:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Some of his work.
Tiger stripe pistol

View Quote
Tony the Tiger striped! Perfect addition for your cereal box gun!

The guy sounds like the asshole who used to answer the RGuns telephone in the 90's.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:11:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
"Two important factors that the Lippard design has fixed. First, the new design has eliminated the side-play or energy from each shot going right and left in the gun, and focused it totally fore to rear."

This sounds like a load of bullshit. Right to left energy?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:15:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I sent a broken acog from fleabay and they fixed it no questions asked.
View Quote
I also did this. I'm convinced they just sent me a new one instead. I was blown away, and there was no charge.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Jesus, reading this stuff makes me want to go out and get a six pack of Straub (since that's his favorite beer, I've drank many of them with him over the years) and a few cigars and drive over to see the guy who does gunsmithing for me right now just to show how much I appreciate him. He doesn't advertise so basically you either know him or someone who knows him tells you to call him, and he's still always busy. Even so, he's always happy to talk over what you want to do or figure something out for you. Hell he makes house calls if he likes you, doesn't charge extra either. I've known him since I was...well born basically, since he's a family friend, and he was one of my HS teachers, so he's been doing gun work for me since I was like 16 except for the times I was living elsewhere.

I knew he was an awesome dude, and does awesome work, but I never actually thought about what it'd be like to have to resort to looking for a guy to do work and then have to hope they weren't like the winner this thread is about.
View Quote
I thought you were talking about the guy from the OP until the last sentence.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Did you guys miss the secret link at the bottom rt?

http://www.tjscustomgunworks.com/secret.html
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:21:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I thought you were talking about the guy from the OP until the last sentence.
View Quote
Fuck no, I haven't been to CA in almost 20 years and that was for like 2 weeks...that seemed like 2 years.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL!
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

45ACP at that distance would be traveling the same fps as a rock thrown by a 4 year old.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

LOL!
View Quote
Googles, tjscustomgunworks.com.... seems were late to the party...
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:49:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Interesting, but I think he's full of shit. He just doesn't seem to want to give discounts.
View Quote
The primary thing he has to sell is his time and expertise.
These are not less valuable based on the job of the purchaser.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:52:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Everything about that site and the way he writes screams con man. Also judging by the way he writes and the examples of his "work" he knows very little and is trying to hide that with false bravado.

200$ just to drop a gun off and pick it up? That guy can fuck himself with the pointy end of a pitchfork.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
HA!  What "expertise"?

Everything he produces is full of fail and AIDS.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:21:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

45ACP at that distance would be traveling the same fps as a rock thrown by a 4 year old.
View Quote
Watched one of his youtube videos, I was surprised it didn't bounce off the paper

All joking aside, it is strange to me there seems to be no mention on the Lippard site of trajectory, velocity at that range etc.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

HA!  What "expertise"?

Everything he produces is full of fail and AIDS.
View Quote
Is it?
I am unfamiliar with his work.
Maybe I should have worded it "perceived expertise".
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:23:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Send him a fully functioning gun and get a gun that misfires back but don't dare complain about it because even though your gun fired crap ammo before you sent It it to him it's your fault it won't fire it now.  
Give me a polishing stone and a screwdriver and I can fuck up my own gun thank you very much.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:56:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
The internet never forgets. Looks like TJ had curated a nice mix of gun stuff, computer stuff, dating sites and porn.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top