Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:20:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just got my "I'm awesome keep voting for me" email from Ted today.  Ya know, I did a reply on this topic.  And asked how this is in the constituents best interest?  That it makes him look like he's bought, more than anything.

Eagerly standing by for my thoughtful reply.
View Quote
And here's my reply:

"[email protected]
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly."

Now that's quality right there people.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Makes sense, but isn't the VPN provider a ISP also and could do the same monitoring?
View Quote
Of course with the added value of that data being something the user wanted to hide.

More bucks for the really good stuff.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I should just go on the record now and say how sorry I am.  I'm so ashamed of myself
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
now instead of having to go through the trouble of getting a subpoena or a warrant, the govt can just buy everyone's browsing history en mass and sift through it at their leisure
View Quote
It's not like the fed gov bothered getting that shit before when sifting through people's information.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:43:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Makes sense, but isn't the VPN provider a ISP also and could do the same monitoring?
View Quote
They are not an ISP as in a provider but nevertheless you have to trust somebody     up to you as to who you trust
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What authority prevents congress from regulating that?  It's not against the bill of rights and it's not against the constitution.  It's fair game.  

Also, my information belongs to me and by law, always should.  Other entities should not be able to sell data or information regarding a private citizen's activities on the internet.  They shouldn't even be able to store it because it doesn't belong to them.  If I were writing the law, I'd be strengthening the rights of a person to control who has their data, who is allowed to sell it, and extraordinary stiff penalties for selling it illegally.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What authority does congress have to prevent your ISP from selling this info?
What authority prevents congress from regulating that?  It's not against the bill of rights and it's not against the constitution.  It's fair game.  

Also, my information belongs to me and by law, always should.  Other entities should not be able to sell data or information regarding a private citizen's activities on the internet.  They shouldn't even be able to store it because it doesn't belong to them.  If I were writing the law, I'd be strengthening the rights of a person to control who has their data, who is allowed to sell it, and extraordinary stiff penalties for selling it illegally.
That is not how the USC works, the 10th Amendment states that any power not explicitly granted to the Feds is reserved to the States or the people. They've been breaking the supreme law of the land for so long at this point that people don't even realize that most of what the Federal Government does is illegal.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not all government regulations are bad. This was an example of a good one. The 4th amendment should apply to my digital "papers" as well as my physical papers in the same way the 1st Amendment applies to the internet.
View Quote
The 4th Amendment is to protect you from the government, not private companies observing your activity on their own property.

Seriously this topic has triggered people hard, the feels are flowing like a river and the brains are turned right the fuck off.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How would advertisers use this info?
View Quote
The same way Facebook and Google already do but on a broader scale.

If I see 40 percent of a population searching for power generation in a certain area it may be expedient for my company, which produces that product, to do some target marketing in that area. 

Instead of running wasteful nationwide ads they can produce advertisements that focus on regions based upon the browsing history of users in certain areas.

It can also help a company figure out how to brand itself better by finding growing search trends.

I haven't read the bill so I don't know if names are attached to these or not. If so, it's a shit bill. If not, it's a moderately shit bill. Imho.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I love telecom threads. Massive government-backed monopolies reading your correspondence on pain of disconnection from civilization and the economy is good, because free market. Small town citizens building their own infrastructure is bad and needs to be banned, because free market.
View Quote
So the solution is less regulation, the government regulations are why the practical monopolies exist to begin with. Nearly all regulations favor the large established companies and create barriers to entry into the market for smaller companies that would be more innovative and responsive to customer desires.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#10]
All the regulation that the GOP is trying to kill does, is require that users opt-in to having their personal info sold.  ISPs hate that idea and have spent shit-tons of $$ on lobbying Republicans to kill it
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The 4th Amendment is to protect you from the government, not private companies observing your activity on their own property.

Seriously this topic has triggered people hard, the feels are flowing like a river and the brains are turned right the fuck off.
View Quote
I posted that after reading that the .gov was mandating that our ISP traffic be made public. That, in my eyes, is a round about way of the .gov spying on us. I've read further into it and the article I read was BS. It simply allows them to sell it if they choose...which they will...and I'm sure the .gov will be in line to buy it, for "security."
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So the solution is less regulation, the government regulations are why the practical monopolies exist to begin with. Nearly all regulations favor the large established companies and create barriers to entry into the market for smaller companies that would be more innovative and responsive to customer desires.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love telecom threads. Massive government-backed monopolies reading your correspondence on pain of disconnection from civilization and the economy is good, because free market. Small town citizens building their own infrastructure is bad and needs to be banned, because free market.
You are right but the regulation in question has nothing to do with monopolies and is a good regulation.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:37:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
then the govt encourages private companies to gather all the info they can on the habits, communications and movements of their customers.  While at the same time, the govt gives itself more power to access those records by ruling that those records aren't protected by the 4th Amend because they are business records (by inventing the 3rd Party Doctrine).  See what they're doing here?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No there isn't. It's fascism.
View Quote
lol, no it isn't.   Stop using words you don't understand.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:39:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I posted that after reading that the .gov was mandating that our ISP traffic be made public. That, in my eyes, is a round about way of the .gov spying on us. I've read further into it and the article I read was BS. It simply allows them to sell it if they choose...which they will...and I'm sure the .gov will be in line to buy it, for "security."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey I'd be all for a law that states the government can't buy the info, and must obtain warrants to view it. Laws that restrict the government are great in my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
then the govt encourages private companies to gather all the info they can on the habits, communications and movements of their customers.  While at the same time, the govt gives itself more power to access those records by ruling that those records aren't protected by the 4th Amend because they are business records (by inventing the 3rd Party Doctrine).  See what they're doing here?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're falling into the death spiral trap of trying to solve problems caused by regulation with more and more regulation. This never works, it just exacerbates the problems.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
This guy gets it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:47:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
At least at the moment broadband providers are considered utilities and subject to strict regulation. The "muy Verizon's freedoms" is a tough sell on a company with basically a government granted monopoly. But who knows what the Supreme Court will do (I don't think they've addressed it yet)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is not how the USC works, the 10th Amendment states that any power not explicitly granted to the Feds is reserved to the States or the people. They've been breaking the supreme law of the land for so long at this point that people don't even realize that most of what the Federal Government does is illegal.
At least at the moment broadband providers are considered utilities and subject to strict regulation. The "muy Verizon's freedoms" is a tough sell on a company with basically a government granted monopoly. But who knows what the Supreme Court will do (I don't think they've addressed it yet)
The day that ISPs were declared utilities was a very bad day and will almost certainly come back to bite us in the ass. The Internet is the greatest tool for freedom ever invented, the ability to communicate directly without the filters of the MSM and other authorities has caused a resurgence in the belief in individual liberties. The current anti-Globalist trends are almost entirely because of the maturation and saturation of the Internet. We need to keep the government's dirty hands off of it. They will ruin in and take control of it if they can find a way to do it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And here's my reply:

"[email protected]
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly."

Now that's quality right there people.
View Quote
Use popvox. It's free and I consistently get non form responses back from my reps
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:07:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You're falling into the death spiral trap of trying to solve problems caused by regulation with more and more regulation. This never works, it just exacerbates the problems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

saying that people have to opt-in to having their personal info collected and sold isn't falling into a spiraling death trap
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
broadband providers don't really want the government's hand's off, they like the government protections against competition, they just don't like restrictions (naturally)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The day that ISPs were declared utilities was a very bad day and will almost certainly come back to bite us in the ass. The Internet is the greatest tool for freedom ever invented, the ability to communicate directly without the filters of the MSM and other authorities has caused a resurgence in the belief in individual liberties. The current anti-Globalist trends are almost entirely because of the maturation and saturation of the Internet. We need to keep the government's dirty hands off of it. They will ruin in and take control of it if they can find a way to do it.
broadband providers don't really want the government's hand's off, they like the government protections against competition, they just don't like restrictions (naturally)
Of course, because regulations almost always favor the large established companies and punish small companies or present barriers to entry for new companies.

That's why the answer to these problems is deregulation so that new companies can come in and compete with the old ones and people have more options.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
saying that people have to opt-in to having their personal info collected and sold isn't falling into a spiraling death trap
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trying to solve problems caused by overregulation by passing more regulations is a death spiral.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:34:58 PM EDT
[#25]
What part of, "In the privacy of your own home," don't they understand? It's just one more step toward, "Big Brother is watching, all the time." This shit needs to be shut down.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:13:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Not all government regulations are bad. This was an example of a good one. The 4th amendment should apply to my digital "papers" as well as my physical papers in the same way the 1st Amendment applies to the internet.
View Quote
Maybe you should take a grade school civics class so you would understand what the fourth amendment is.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What part of, "In the privacy of your own home," don't they understand? It's just one more step toward, "Big Brother is watching, all the time." This shit needs to be shut down.
View Quote
The internet and "privacy of your own home".

Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:33:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Maybe you should take a grade school civics class so you would understand what the fourth amendment is.
View Quote
Of course it's not a direct violation. They're conveniently allowing private companies to mine the data for them. Then they grant themselves access to the information that is now simply "public record." How clever.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#30]
The free marketeers haven't really explained why they shouldn't do this for everything.

Phone lines - what's the deal with those pesky warrants.  Pfft.  Phone company owns wires, they can record whatever they want on their own property!  If they happen to decide to sell that to third parties, who may then choose to sell it to the government who are we to take issue?  freemrkt!!!

On the plus side, I love that this will really let small businesses finally compete. My Uncle Jim has a few guys and they are thinking of starting up a local ISP to compete with Cox.  I told them I'd invest $5000 now they only need to come up with the extra several billion and navigate the local and federal bureaucracy and they'll be in business.  It's going to be awesome, in about 2042 look for "Jimbos SuperFast Interwebs", tell them I sent you and you'll get a great deal.  frmkit!!!!!

On the down side it's going to be a real bummer when some terrorist is mailing his buddy planning an attack and the families of the victims sue the ISP. "Right there, you literally started advertising Korans and fertilizer to Jafar Ahmed based on his conversations on 3/1/2018, but you didn't fucking tell the FBI?!". Boy, that's going to be expensive.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:22:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The free marketeers haven't really explained why they shouldn't do this for everything.

Phone lines - what's the deal with those pesky warrants.  Pfft.  Phone company owns wires, they can record whatever they want on their own property!  If they happen to decide to sell that to third parties, who may then choose to sell it to the government who are we to take issue?  freemrkt!!!

On the plus side, I love that this will really let small businesses finally compete. My Uncle Jim has a few guys and they are thinking of starting up a local ISP to compete with Cox.  I told them I'd invest $5000 now they only need to come up with the extra several billion and navigate the local and federal bureaucracy and they'll be in business.  It's going to be awesome, in about 2042 look for "Jimbos SuperFast Interwebs", tell them I sent you and you'll get a great deal.  frmkit!!!!!

On the down side it's going to be a real bummer when some terrorist is mailing his buddy planning an attack and the families of the victims sue the ISP. "Right there, you literally started advertising Korans and fertilizer to Jafar Ahmed based on his conversations on 3/1/2018, but you didn't fucking tell the FBI?!". Boy, that's going to be expensive.
View Quote
Shit like this is why I don't read Facebook anymore, this is the general quality of posting I came to expect there.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:29:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Shit like this is why I don't read Facebook anymore, this is the general quality of posting I came to expect there.
View Quote
Did I hurt your feelings?

I don't know how else, beyond teenager level sarcasm, to respond when someone argues from authority with "free market" to every point.

There is no free market with respect to broadband, it's a thing that exists in your imagination.  Wiretapping laws are older than shit and really nothing different than what we have here.  Small businesses are not going to dig up, say, the metro Phoenix area and run fiber optics to a sizable chunk of the houses and apartment complexes.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I don't know how else, beyond teenager level sarcasm, to respond when someone argues from authority with "free market" to every point.

There is no free market with respect to broadband, it's a thing that exists in your imagination.  Wiretapping laws are older than shit and really nothing different than what we have here.  Small businesses are not going to dig up, say, the metro Phoenix area and run fiber optics to a sizable chunk of the houses and apartment complexes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No your post was just spastic and nonsensical, I've read some of your other posts here and have a general feel for how you lean on issues. You like the government wiping your ass and taking care of you. There's really no use arguing something like this with someone like you.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:45:44 PM EDT
[#34]
You know what another stupid government regulation is? Hipaa laws. Fuck that commie shit. We should let our doctors sell our medical data to the highest bidder, because fuck the government! <conservative chest thumping>

Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:47:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You know what another stupid government regulation is? Hipaa laws. Fuck that commie shit. We should let our doctors sell our medical data to the highest bidder, because fuck the government! <conservative chest thumping>

View Quote
If nothing else it is a State level matter and the Feds should have nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:48:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
No your post was just spastic and nonsensical, I've read some of your other posts here and have a general feel for how you lean on issues. You like the government wiping your ass and taking care of you. There's really no use arguing something like this with someone like you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When your only retort is "free market" and "remove rules, that will fix it" I imagine it is very frustrating.

Now, if you can delve into actual logical reasons why these specific regulations should have special attention applied to protect the ISPs, I'm all ears.  Slavish ideological repetition is not logical, btw.

For example, shouldn't they remove any laws that prevent me from tapping or hacking into the wires on my land?  Why can't I do that?

How about copyright protection, they have that shit locked up tight but if they're sending the signal into my home or I buy the DVD shouldn't I be able to do with it what I will?  Copyright and DMCA should be amended.

It's odd how...concerned... you are with protecting the ISPs but yet the (R)s aren't getting rid of any of the myriad and fucking sundry laws that prevent me from doing things I should be able to do.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hey, if you aren't doing anything wrong you shouldn't be worried about your dick pill and herpes prescriptions becoming public knowledge!

[MelGibsonBraveheartFREEDOM!!.gif]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If nothing else it is a State level matter and the Feds should have nothing to do with it.
View Quote
LOL.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
When your only retort is "free market" and "remove rules, that will fix it" I imagine it is very frustrating.

Now, if you can delve into actual logical reasons why these specific regulations should have special attention applied to protect the ISPs, I'm all ears.  Slavish ideological repetition is not logical, btw.

For example, shouldn't they remove any laws that prevent me from tapping or hacking into the wires on my land?  Why can't I do that?

How about copyright protection, they have that shit locked up tight but if they're sending the signal into my home or I buy the DVD shouldn't I be able to do with it what I will?  Copyright and DMCA should be amended.

It's odd how...concerned... you are with protecting the ISPs but yet the (R)s aren't getting rid of any of the myriad and fucking sundry laws that prevent me from doing things I should be able to do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok I'm not going to take the time to explain why copyrights exist to you, that's a topic I could likely explain until I'm blue in the face and you still wouldn't grasp it. Search it if you really want to learn.

As for wires on your land, if someone wants to use your land to run wires that are not for your own use then they should have to buy or lease it.

I'm real big on property rights, I'll almost universally come down on the side of property owners doing what they like with their property.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
LOL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.
Not a fan of Federalism and the USC, or just have nothing cogent to say?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
I find it hilarious how you are willing to surrender the rights to your private data just so you can say "fuck the feds".
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I find it hilarious how you are willing to surrender the rights to your private data just so you can say "fuck the feds".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that's because you're inferring a whole lot from my statement that I did not say nor imply.

The State could pass privacy laws, or how about you contract with your doctor and have him sign a non-disclosure agreement? Then if he sells your info you sue his ass into the dirt.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Ok I'm not going to take the time to explain why copyrights exist to you, that's a topic I could likely explain until I'm blue in the face and you still wouldn't grasp it. Search it if you really want to learn.
View Quote
Oh, I understand fully.  I'm inferring that you agree copyright should exist from your wording.  It fosters innovation and creativity by rewarding creators.  This innovation is the reason we used government power, Federal even, to institute an inherently unnatural thing.

The natural thing is once you give me something, I own it.  I can do what I want - copy it, break it, resell it, etc.. The US government (and most of the world) have used the law to prevent this for reasons they deem in the interests of society.

So here's a crazy idea. What if we apply the same logic to ISPs?  Selling private information will stifle innovation and lead to a bunch of other issues like employment law, wiretapping, government overreach, etc... that have all been brought up in this thread.  So it's in the best interests of society that we decide to treat your broadband connection to your ISP like we treat the phone lines.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Been a few pages since I checked in. GD still getting triggered over leftist media sensationalized reporting?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:14:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Oh, I understand fully.  I'm inferring that you agree copyright should exist from your wording.  It fosters innovation and creativity by rewarding creators.  This innovation is the reason we used government power, Federal even, to institute an inherently unnatural thing.

The natural thing is once you give me something, I own it.  I can do what I want - copy it, break it, resell it, etc.. The US government (and most of the world) have used the law to prevent this for reasons they deem in the interests of society.

So here's a crazy idea. What if we apply the same logic to ISPs?  Selling private information will stifle innovation and lead to a bunch of other issues like employment law, wiretapping, government overreach, etc... that have all been brought up in this thread.  So it's in the best interests of society that we decide to treat your broadband connection to your ISP like we treat the phone lines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First you're going to have to demonstrate how the two are equivalent, how does an ISP selling your browsing history stifle innovation? You're generally not creating content when you browse the Internet, you're consuming it. You're effectively walking through the halls in a building the ISP owns and they're simply observing what rooms you visit. If you don't like it don't go in their building.

When the government upholds copyrights it is to protect the rights of the owner to their intellectual property. You may own the physical DVD you bought but you don't own the intellectual property on the DVD. What you're advocating is the exact opposite, you want government to VIOLATE the property rights of the ISPs.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

First you're going to have to demonstrate how the two are equivalent, how does an ISP selling your browsing history stifle innovation? You're generally not creating content when you browse the Internet, you're consuming it. You're effectively walking through the halls in a building the ISP owns and they're simply observing what rooms you visit. If you don't like it don't go in their building.

When the government upholds copyrights it is to protect the rights of the owner to their intellectual property. You may own the physical DVD you bought but you don't own the intellectual property on the DVD. What you're advocating is the exact opposite, you want government to VIOLATE the property rights of the ISPs.
View Quote
Innovation in itself isn't an end, the betterment of society is. Innovation is a means, there are plenty of other reasons a government involves itself in the business of making laws.  Many of them wrong and fucked up, sure.  But the expectations of its citizens to have privacy is a pretty good one.  And I don't know how you can find something more "interstate commercy" than the Internet.

You can't own intellectual property, there is no such natural concept. It's a made up thing only enabled via unnatural laws.  Copyright law is unnatural but we have decided to make it a reality.

As for a building the ISP owns, you must mean the one that taxpayers massively subsidized.

And you still haven't really answered why the phone company can't do the same thing.  Why did the (R)s decide to pick winners and let the ISPs sell that data but not telcos?  I'm sure lots of people would like to be able to buy transcripts of the conversations that take place over the licensed spectrum, antennas, and routing infrastructure of the major cellular companies.  Why aren't they allowed to do it?  I am really...concerned.. for AT&T, T-Moble, Verizon, Sprint et al.  I feel they're being treated unfairly by the (R)s.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Innovation in itself isn't an end, the betterment of society is. Innovation is a means, there are plenty of other reasons a government involves itself in the business of making laws.  Many of them wrong and fucked up, sure.  But the expectations of its citizens to have privacy is a pretty good one.  And I don't know how you can find something more "interstate commercy" than the Internet.

You can't own intellectual property, there is no such natural concept. It's a made up thing only enabled via unnatural laws.  Copyright law is unnatural but we have decided to make it a reality.

As for a building the ISP owns, you must mean the one that taxpayers massively subsidized.

And you still haven't really answered why the phone company can't do the same thing.  Why did the (R)s decide to pick winners and let the ISPs sell that data but not telcos?  I'm sure lots of people would like to be able to buy transcripts of the conversations that take place over the licensed spectrum, antennas, and routing infrastructure of the major cellular companies.  Why aren't they allowed to do it?  I am really...concerned.. for AT&T, T-Moble, Verizon, Sprint et al.  I feel they're being treated unfairly by the (R)s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alright, here's what this appears to boil down to, you don't really believe in property rights, or rather you believe it's ok for governments to violate them for "the betterment of society". There's no way for me to convince a socialist not to be a socialist through moral or practical arguments.

You also keep citing mistakes the government made previously and using them in attempts to justify continuing to do wrong, after I've already stated repeatedly that attempting to fix government induced mistakes with more government is foolish, and the proper course of action is to deregulate so that competition can solve the issues that government regulation has caused.

As these discussions typically seem to go with people of your ideological bent, the problem is never socialism and the solution to every problem is always more socialism.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:51:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Lots and lots of pornhub
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Is this lIke a real live troll trace I wonder when the country will tear itself apart.  Man the guys at Southpark are good.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Of course it's not a direct violation. They're conveniently allowing private companies to mine the data for them. Then they grant themselves access to the information that is now simply "public record." How clever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, no.  That's not how this works.  This has nothing at all to do with the fourth amendment.  This is the government getting out of the business of contracts between private citizens and ISPs.  This is government deciding not to put in place another regulation that was never in effect anyway.

You're falling for a headline that isn't even what is happening.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top