Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:41:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Google "zootopia" and "race" for about a hundred articles discussing the movie's race themes in tedious detail. 
View Quote

Simply not possible. There's a guy making a fool of himself assuring me there are no examples.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:42:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

One example.....there are more.  

The scene when the bunny first enters the station and talks to the fat cat (forgot what kind).  He called her cute, her reaction was that only other bunny can call each other cute.
View Quote

Lies. You made that up.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:43:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Bunnys can call each other cute, but when another animal does it it's wrong. The farmers, portrayed as being religious, are bigots and as racists.

First ones off the top of my head, there are dozens of examples and tons of articles written about it, from both "sides".
View Quote

Are you guys colluding? That wasn't in the movie.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:44:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Simply not possible. There's a guy making a fool of himself assuring me there are no examples.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

How is this SJW:

“When I was a kid, I thought Zootopia was this perfect place where everyone got along and anyone could be anything. Turns out, real life is a little bit more complicated than a slogan on a bumper sticker. Real life is messy. We all have limitations. We all make mistakes. Which means - hey, glass half full! - we all have a lot in common. And the more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each of us will be. But we have to try. So no matter what type of person you are, from the biggest elephant to our first fox, I implore you: Try. Try to make the world a better place. Look inside yourself and recognize that change starts with you. It starts with me. It starts with all of us.” – Judy Hopps

Judy came into Zootopia spouting platitudes, but learns by the end it's not that simple.  

Again, how is that SJW?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:45:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

How is this SJW:

Judy came into Zootopia spouting platitudes, but learns by the end it's not that simple.  

Again, how is that SJW?
View Quote

Understanding others and wanting to make the world a better place is commie talk!
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:46:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Understanding others and wanting to make the world a better place is commie talk!
View Quote

No kidding, right?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:46:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Good. We really like that movie.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:47:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Has @ferfal checked in to give us his hat-spiel of the film, or is he just doing Trump threads these days?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:49:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I saw the whole " only other bunny's can call each other cute" and the " you don't touch a sheep's hair" as making fun of that mindset but I don't know.

That was my interpretation.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:49:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How is this SJW:

Again, how is that SJW?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:57:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How is this SJW:

Again, how is that SJW?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is this SJW:

“When I was a kid, I thought Zootopia was this perfect place where everyone got along and anyone could be anything. Turns out, real life is a little bit more complicated than a slogan on a bumper sticker. Real life is messy. We all have limitations. We all make mistakes. Which means - hey, glass half full! - we all have a lot in common. And the more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each of us will be. But we have to try. So no matter what type of person you are, from the biggest elephant to our first fox, I implore you: Try. Try to make the world a better place. Look inside yourself and recognize that change starts with you. It starts with me. It starts with all of us.” – Judy Hopps

Again, how is that SJW?

You guys were having a grand time denying there was any SJW in the movie and implying anyone who said otherwise were liars or idiots. I gave you 2 examples off the top of my head, and instead of answer either of those you chose to post a quote from Judy at the end of the movie.

Have fun, it ain't worth arguing about,  I'm out.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:07:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They could have won with the dmv scene alone.
View Quote

Good Lord, that scene made me laugh until I teared up!

The really, really, really, big picture is, there is no Utopia.  If there was a Utopia, in which everyone was happy and everyone had everything they needed, then social justice wouldn't even be needed, there would be no need for police, etc.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:11:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Stop inundating me with examples from the film that is SJW.

View Quote

The film was good but was dripping with liberal messages - the entire premise of the film was that everybody has innate "racism". I'm not surprised at all that it won an oscar.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:12:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Shocker: I liked Zootopia a lot.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:13:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The film was good but was dripping with liberal messages - the entire premise of the film was that everybody has innate "racism". I'm not surprised at all that it won an oscar.
View Quote

The entire premise of the film was that political masters will attempt to demonize groups and divide the population to gain greater control.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:16:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Seriously guys, step out of the basement for a bit.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:17:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The entire premise of the film was that political masters will attempt to demonize groups and divide the population to gain greater control.
View Quote

He Will Not Divide Us. Amirite?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:22:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

He Will Not Divide Us. Amirite?
View Quote

These were liberals.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:25:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Zootopia was pretty obviously an allegory about racism. I liked it but I think that it's hard to claim it was a fun movie about a fuzzy bunny and nothing more.
View Quote

Yup. Even Huffington Post agrees, big SJW film...their approval clinches it
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:27:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yup. Even Huffington Post agrees, big SJW film...their approval clinches it
View Quote

Not surprising that they are too stupid to recognize a film demonizing themselves.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:49:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

How is this SJW:

Again, how is that SJW?
View Quote

I have already posted the thematic and structural elements that agree with the sjw world view. If you think her talk at the end affects any of that, you are seeing what you want to see.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:01:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have already posted the thematic and structural elements that agree with the sjw world view. If you think her talk at the end affects any of that, you are seeing what you want to see.
View Quote

Right.  Dumb bitches need to know that they can't do shit but watch babies and scrub plates.  Having more choices than that is SJW bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:04:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Not surprising that they are too stupid to recognize a film demonizing themselves.
View Quote

Wow, the directors and writers must be on another level. They pitched the film on sjw themes but really they were arguing against all that. so brilliant. Do you think all four of them were in on it or was there just one masterminding the scheme?

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:06:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Right.  Dumb bitches need to know that they can't do shit but watch babies and scrub plates.  Having more choices than that is SJW bullshit.
View Quote

Exactly. That's why we need to support Islam, because nobody puts women in their place better than 'ol Mo.

I should make a cartoon about this and win an Oscar.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:08:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Exactly. That's why we need to support Islam, because nobody puts women in their place better than 'ol Mo.

I should make a cartoon about this and win an Oscar.
View Quote

The Oscar is not for you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:48:25 AM EDT
[#26]
What the hell is SJW?

oh and yiff in hell. 
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File

I'm surprised the Breaking Bad scene hasn't been mentioned yet.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:09:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What the hell is SJW?

oh and yiff in hell. 
View Quote

Social Justice Warrior.

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:17:47 PM EDT
[#29]
During the Oscars someone got on stage and talked about Zootopia being a "message" film. i haven't seen the film. But it seems even the film makers admitted it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

thats an indoctrination movie if I ever saw one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
<strong>Quoted:</strong>
My kids love that movie. It's been played hundreds of times in this house.

thats an indoctrination movie if I ever saw one.

they all are.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Should have been Kubo, that film was straight up art.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:05:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
During the Oscars someone got on stage and talked about Zootopia being a "message" film. i haven't seen the film. But it seems even the film makers admitted it.
View Quote

Butbutbutbutbut the geniuses here who plopped their heads in the sand about it to show us how virtuous they are, said nuh-uh.
I mean there's dozens to hundreds of articles about SJW themes being pointed out, by people against them, and the PC Puritans who love them
But if you ignore them as hard as you can and say "everyone who disagrees with me lives in a basement", it all goes away.

This is movie is simply about:
- small statured women can spunk and tryhard their way through physically demanding situations like police duty (or combat arms, that is implied)
- country folks are backward bigots, city folks are more progressive and awesome
- if you don't go "Stick it to the boy's club" in the big city and you stay home? your life is basically null and void, and you settled.
- the bigoted elephant small business owners refusing service along racial lines, "in your part of town", "we reserve the right to refuse service to ANYONE, so BEAT IT."
Remember refusal of service is always wrong, unless you're a singer boycotting a state. You don't have to sing, but you always have to bake the cake.
- officer hops, beatcop busybody turned health inspector hassles the small business with muh government. and it's a good thing. remember all regulations are good folks.
- people think women are dumb ("dumb bunny") because they're girls, a statement that if uttered in public ends careers, which shows how common and okay it is
- wimminz constantly deal with muh chauvinism, and it's sooper hard, like on par with not being allowed to outside without a burkha/go to school, a la the Mayor's sheep assistant.
- biology is the bad guy of the film.
- PC moralizing is great and our MarySue protagonist does it, and biology doesn't matter cuz she's a strong womyn who if barred from a job she's not physically qualified for - is simply being "sentenced" to being barefoot and in the kitchen.

Takes a real genius to watch zootopia and not notice some of the MANY memes. I pointed out like 9 without much effort.

PS: The PC puritans of hollywood went to bat for "Foxes shouldn't be refused services" to weigh in on that issue, (because that's not political at all 'cause "nuh uh"),  but it's the same hollywood that depicted russian mafia members as tracksuit wearing bears
Suuuuper PC.

If you like it, cool, good for you.
It was a heavily SJW film.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#33]
The anti-SJW haters of Zootopia only prove that it's a good movie.

How?  Because they don't understand what it is.  They don't understand that the movie actually exposes the SJW brand of multiculturalism for being the idiotic Marxist nonsense that it is.

And because the haters don't understand that, it's an indicator that the SJWs also don't understand that, and so all the praise from the SJWs of the movie (see the above Huffpo example) becomes ironic and hilarious.

Zootopia is great because it succeeds at doing what all good ideas in the modern era must - trick you into doing the right thing by trolling you.

That might be hard to follow, so I'll contrast with a different movie - 2012's The Lorax with Danny DeVito in the titular role.

The Dr Seuss book is a fantastic exhibition of the tragedy of the commons and the need for individuals to be courteous stewards of the Earth.  It's a good lesson on a cornerstone of personal responsibility and it's backed up with great storytelling, excellent art, and a whimsical sense of humor about itself while still dealing with a serious subject.

The movie, however, turns it into an eat-the-rich, enviro-commie fuckfest.  It has virtually none of the original story in it, and substitutes this big walled city -literally putting the characters "in a bubble"- for nearly the whole narrative.  It's the force of government (plants are now illegal) that keeps the outside environment shitty, in the name of good order, which of course benefits the evil CEO of the evil megacorp.  It's this weird draconian, Orwellian regime (but with none of Orwell's subtlety or brilliance), and our young heroes defeat the evil overlord with...  eco terrorism.  Yawn.

The movie is dumb because it's basically a power fantasy for wannabe enviro-activists.  There's a small bit of irony in that the real enviro-commies would install exactly the type of draconian government seen in the movie if they had their way, but any amusement at that isn't enough to power through the whole shitty movie.

The original book/story (incl. the original animated spot) is applicable to everyone, because it's a general lesson with grounded philosophical backing.

Back to Zootopia.

The lesson of seeking personal excellence and treating other people with respect is applicable to everyone, and has grounded philosophical backing.  It's the original Lorax story.

Only, the SJWs think it's a power fantasy about them, because they think everything is about them.

So, that combines good humor (seriously, it's fucking funny, and if you didn't laugh during the movie you have zero percent soul), along with the aforementioned delicious irony, AND a good lesson with good storytelling and good art, etc.

I'm not saying best movie ever or anything.  But it's damn good.  And it's certainly better than a lot of other things you could show your kids instead.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:43:43 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm about as uptight add you can get about media indoctrination.  

Zootopia barely registers.  It has a bit of women's in men's jobs BS, and the two gazelles next door MIGHT be gay, but otherwise it is a fun movie.

I love the sloths at the DMV and Justin Bateman does the Fox perfectly.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#35]
I have to ask.  

Who here wants to Fuck Hopps?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/61196/Sheep-Zootopia-Breaking-Bad-155227.JPG

I'm surprised the Breaking Bad scene hasn't been mentioned yet.
View Quote
I love how they got the rams pupils correct
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#37]
People need to relax with the whole "OMG indoc. film". Sure the message is there, but kids are getting it.

For instance my boy LOVED those Cars movies. The second one was all about how big oil was bad and destroying everything.

My boy watched it a million times and I would ask what the movie was about, and he said race cars, and spys.

Its a movie/entertainment, let them be entertained.

/edit to add/ while we as adults may see the message in certain films etc, news flash. Kids like cartoons.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have to ask.  

Who here wants to Fuck Hopps?
View Quote

Nah.

If I'm gonna go anthro, I'll make the mouse go squeak.  

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:55:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Zootopia was pretty obviously an allegory about racism feminism and it's failures. I liked it but I think that it's hard to claim it was a fun movie about a fuzzy bunny and nothing more.
View Quote
Judy's entry into the police force far more closely resembles the entry of women into the police and military.  Not taken seriously, assigned meter maid duties, assumed not to be strong enough.  And through hard work and Disney magic, she shoots to the top - but that's only the first half of the movie.  The rest of the movie is about how her preconceptions about carnivores made things worse, and left her susceptible to being used by an unscrupulous politician (ALSO a small female herbivore.)  She is forced to face her own prejudices, like when her friend and partner is upset with her for her speech about being wary of predators, and her first reaction is to fear him.  Any man who has ever entered an elevator occupied by a single woman knows *exactly* what that scene was about - she either leaves as fast as she can, or moves to the other corner and grabs whatever is in her purse to defend against the raving monsters our penises make us.  The assistant mayor is clearly an extension of the 2nd wave feminists, who think that not only are women almost always better than men, but that men should really be treated like second class citizens.

But let's say race is the only thing we are talking about.  The societal parallel breaks down almost immediately, since if Zootopia was the US, blacks would hold the vast majority of political positions, make up most of the police and military, and generally run things.  Rather, it's a parable of the plantation, but with a twist.  A Bug's Life showed how the downtrodden masses could rise up and fight off their oppressors, and afterward live in utopia. This reflected the (then) current thinking about race and power - South Africa had only recently written a new constitution, ending apartheid and putting the majority black population in charge.  Zootopia shows what happened after.  Turns out that just because the majority seems to be downtrodden does NOT mean that they are inherently good.  Likewise the "oppressors" aren't necessarily bad.  Of course since it's Disney the good guys won in the end; instead we get, well, Africa.  The Deputy Mayor in Zootopia is a perfect analogy for the race baiting politicians everywhere - throw a pantsuit on her and she's Hillary Clinton - simultaneously playing the victim while ruthlessly manipulating the strings of power.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:01:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This is movie is simply about:
- small statured women can spunk and tryhard their way through physically demanding situations like police duty (or combat arms, that is implied)
- country folks are backward bigots, city folks are more progressive and awesome
- if you don't go "Stick it to the boy's club" in the big city and you stay home? your life is basically null and void, and you settled.
- the bigoted elephant small business owners refusing service along racial lines, "in your part of town", "we reserve the right to refuse service to ANYONE, so BEAT IT."
Remember refusal of service is always wrong, unless you're a singer boycotting a state. You don't have to sing, but you always have to bake the cake.
- officer hops, beatcop busybody turned health inspector hassles the small business with muh government. and it's a good thing. remember all regulations are good folks.
- people think women are dumb ("dumb bunny") because they're girls, a statement that if uttered in public ends careers, which shows how common and okay it is
- wimminz constantly deal with muh chauvinism, and it's sooper hard, like on par with not being allowed to outside without a burkha/go to school, a la the Mayor's sheep assistant.
- biology is the bad guy of the film.
- PC moralizing is great and our MarySue protagonist does it, and biology doesn't matter cuz she's a strong womyn who if barred from a job she's not physically qualified for - is simply being "sentenced" to being barefoot and in the kitchen.

Takes a real genius to watch zootopia and not notice some of the MANY memes. I pointed out like 9 without much effort.

PS: The PC puritans of hollywood went to bat for "Foxes shouldn't be refused services" to weigh in on that issue, (because that's not political at all 'cause "nuh uh"),  but it's the same hollywood that depicted russian mafia members as tracksuit wearing bears
Suuuuper PC.

If you like it, cool, good for you.
It was a heavily SJW film.
View Quote

BOLT JUST GOT BLOWN. THE. FUCK. OUT.

The bigoted small business owners could have been any animal. They chose to make them elephants to rag on republicans.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Zootopia... a film about racism, transgenderism, and drugs. It is everything wrong with the left. Fuck it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
But I thought the current SJW gospel is that only whites can be racist?

So what you are saying is that Zootopia's main message was "All Lives Matter?"

RACISTS!
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
But I thought the current SJW gospel is that only whites can be racist?

So what you are saying is that Zootopia's main message was "All Lives Matter?"

RACISTS!
View Quote

Your racism potential is inversely proportional to your level of victimhood. Thus white straight males are the most racist. Black lesbian women are the least.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#44]
lolol 'conservative' blowhards can ruin anything

bunch of basement dwellers up in here with no lives critiquing a children's movie

muh indoctrination
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:23:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
In the acceptance speech, one of the producers talked about "too much winning". 
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#46]
I thought it was a good movie, and funny as hell in spots.

People look so far into shit to make a big deal about it, Jesus, just watch it and be entertained.

If I went so far as to boycott every single potentially liberal movie or form of entertainment, I'd never see anything.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Some of you see a boogeyman in every shadow.  Your lives must be miserable.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:50:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Your racism potential is inversely proportional to your level of victimhood. Thus white straight males are the most racist. Black lesbian women are the least.
View Quote

My friend is a woman.  Her wife is black, lesbian, AND blind.  Oddly enough she got beaten for a job in the Obama Whitehouse by a *deaf* black lesbian.  Why?  Visually impaired people are over-represented among the representatives of the disabled.

We are starting to see the manifestation of the SJWboros - the whole world of downtrodden identities, eating it's own tail.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
lolol 'conservative' blowhards can ruin anything

bunch of basement dwellers up in here with no lives critiquing a children's movie

muh indoctrination
View Quote
I'm sorry.... but children's films are used as propaganda. Captain Planet was pure Leftist Environmentalism drawn up and produced by Ted Turner. FernGully: The Last Rainforest was too. Recently you had Avatar which made it appear that mankind is horrible and we need to live one with nature and not kill anything. Not even a Smallpox Spore.

Sorry to ruin your views. But a tiny female bunny can't be a cop and wrestle a elephant or a Grizzy Bear into custody. In real life we have the same issues. A 105lbs woman can't be a Fire Fighter because she can't lift the 300lbs fat fuck that had a heart attack on the 12th floor and the elevators don't work during a fire let alone carry a fellow member of the crew out. 

I'm all for children's films being about expanding ideas and breaking limits and achieving what one wants. But this was leftist dog shit.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top