Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:29:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I think about 10% of you actually read the article.  

It's a girl, who's "transitioning to become a boy", and is on testosterone - a banned substance in competitive sports.  This girl is romping the competition as a result of the testosterone - hence the lawsuit.  Girl wants to compete with the boys.  The UIL won't let her because her birth certificate says female.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:33:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuck it.  No more male & female leagues, make it all co-ed.

Female Soldier Boxes Infantry Marine in Iraq
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:43:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The solution is rather simple. The day she started taking steroids, she broke the rules to compete since they were not medically nessasary. She chose to take them under a doctors care to start the process. She could have waited until she was done with wrestling, but chose not too. So she had two choices,
1) hold off procedure until a legal adult and wrestle with girls
2) start taking steroids and not compete

I would not want my daughter wrestling a roided up girl. If they let her compete as a girl, it sets the president that girls can want to be boys, can take steroids to enhance performance and change their mind afterwards.
Only other option would be to let her wrestle with the boys. Coming from a former wrestler, I think she would change her mind and stay a girl.
View Quote

UIL doesn't say the steroids must me medically necessary. They say prescribed by Dr. Huge difference.  This girl is not violating UIL rules.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:58:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRfCpQx_FDE
View Quote

Hard learned lessons are the best lessons.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:15:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRfCpQx_FDE

I'll say this... she kept on coming. She didn't quit.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:18:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Inmates running they Asylum, lost all my fucks a while ago.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:06:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I get so confused reading these stories

"her 17-year-old son is open about transitioning from female to male and the testosterone that's making it possible."

So this is about a manish looking girl having an unfair advantage because she uses male hormones to increase body mass and strength?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So who's rights Trumps who's rights?

Is transgender more special and privileged than a real boy or girl?
View Quote

That depends on who you are asking, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:35:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I think the thing that is getting lost here due to the "transgender" debate is that she is taking a steroid (testosterone).  If you just break it down to a girl who is taking a steroid, it becomes clearer in my mind.  She just has a doctor's excuse to take it because she wants to be a man someday. Take away the transition and this becomes a lot clearer.  

So ... let's fast forward to when she is 25 and could be in professional sports.  Would she be allowed to take any banned substance and compete whether it is prescribed by a doctor or not.  The answer is no.  She could not compete in the Tour de France, she could not be on a men's basketball team, etc.  For that reason, I see it as an unfair advantage on both sides.  Hate to say it, but I don't think she should be allowed to compete on either side until the steroid is gone.  Sometimes in life you have to choose and timing is everything.  If she wants to become a boy, then she has to choose between that and wrestling.  If I were a father of a boy she was wrestling in the state champs I would be upset she is taking a steroid and my son is not/can't and see that as an unfair advantage.  If she really wants to wrestle, then she should wait on her transition.  If she really wants to be a boy, then she should not wrestle.  I think the forest for the trees comment is applicable here that everyone is getting up in arms over the "transition" when what it boils down to is the testosterone supplement.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:44:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Is transgender more special and privileged than a real boy or girl?
View Quote

Where have you been? Oh course they are.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:16:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They forgot the t is all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like how you didn't even read your own story article clearly states it's a girl transitioning to a boy. 

I read it before posting.  The article is poorly written. 
For example: “This is a great kid,” Baudhuin said. “This is no fueled by hate.”

They forgot the t is all.

No, the extra t is the problem.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:19:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:47:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Transgenders should have their own league & locker rooms - they're already getting their own bathrooms so we might as well go all the way...

And it's a chick using steroids...
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Gender is a social construct. There should just be one league.
View Quote

According to a lot of transgered, they are born that way.

So, which is it?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:47:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Transgender boy wins controversial girls state title

Link
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:49:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Transgender boy wins controversial girls state title

Link
View Quote

Lulz

I hope he or she or whatever gets a full scholarship.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:01:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wait! There's such a thing as "girls wrestling".
View Quote

Yes.

For your viewing pleasure.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:24:01 PM EDT
[#18]
She's playing by their rules, sounds fair to me. They can fix the rules for next season if deemed necessary.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:34:09 AM EDT
[#19]
He's now state champion.  No Uncle Rico stories for him. 
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article135021414.html
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:45:05 AM EDT
[#20]
This is a disgrace  Freaks need to shut up.

If IT identifies as a male then he/it should not wrestle females.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:48:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This is a disgrace  Freaks need to shut up.

If IT identifies as a male then he/it should not wrestle females.
View Quote

No it should wrestle with females and then it should be banned when it began using PEDs.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:51:41 AM EDT
[#22]
So how does this work with the whole 'male brain' in a 'female body' thing. I don't know a single male with a 'male brain' that would wrestle girls in a girl's division. What part of the male brain is it that prevents us (generally) from doing this and why don't the transgenders have it?

ETA:
This raises so many questions for me and might be a good case study in the difference between a 'male brain' and whatever else it is that is making these people confused.

Does 'his' dad talk to him about why its not good to exert physical dominance over girls?

Do 'his' friends mock him for beating up on girls?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:59:40 AM EDT
[#23]
How did this girl wrestle without steroids I wonder.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:10:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Wondering when this hits college sports and all the Title IX stuff. 

A strategy like this could be a strong move for someone looking for a full ride.  Too bad for the naturally gendered sportswoman, but eggs, omelets ...
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:12:20 AM EDT
[#25]
lol
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:13:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Lol. Reap what you sew, bitches.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:14:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Kancho finishing move.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:14:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Girl decides to "become" a boy, starts taking steroids, then wants to wrestle in the girl's championship?  
View Quote

NO.   That is not accurate.    The rules prohibit that student from competing as a guy.

Actually, Giving the use of steroids, I don't see how that student should be involved in any physical  sports.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:14:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Wait! There's such a thing as "girls wrestling".
View Quote

That's what I was thinking. We had two girls my 4yrs in GA while wrestling. It was coed. They wrestled JV. We were I. The 2nd largest classification in metro Atlanta. No one had enough girls to have a "girls wrestling team" even the largest schools (in 1998-2002).
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:21:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Wish I had some steroids
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:02:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:04:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:19:12 AM EDT
[#33]
This isn't  a "pretender gender" issue so much as it is a fairness in competition issue.

Apparently if a female claims to identify as a male, she can then reap the benefits of serious performance enhancing hormones while the other female competitors cannot.

That is the main issue here.

The testosterone enhanced girl should be barred from girls competition.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:20:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Kancho finishing move.
View Quote

And you know the gal on top Is whispering "I'm gonna shove my fingers up your ass!"
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:22:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Beggs was born a girl, yet from as early as 3 years old, his parents remember, he has considered himself a boy
View Quote

Really? I always wonder if it was the dad who wanted a son so they indoctrinated her from the start.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:25:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Never realized that so many folks would be on board with a girl taking steroids to wrestle other girls.  There is a legit concern for their opponent getting injured.
View Quote

No
That was never a concern for anyone.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:27:44 AM EDT
[#37]
testosterone enhanced female beats all the unenhanced competitors....and its perfectly ok because its PC.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:27:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
They just need to hurry up and have ONE event/sport for all.  Talk about unintended consequences, it would totally decimate female sports.  Can't make the team as a female tough shit, go cry in the corner, were not discriminating, only taking the top performers regardless of sex.
View Quote

Affirmative action ring a bell? You think only the top students get into med school? No. they need X amount of blacks and browns etc

They'll have the same shit getting women a spot on the roster
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:32:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It's going to take things like this to wake the PC crowd up.

Wait until your daughter's basketball team loses 96-0 to a few guys who identity as girls.  Name a sport where average males wouldn't win the state championship competing against girls.

Slightly offf topic bit I'll be open to women in front line combat when they can compete against men in tennis.

PS- Just looked up RIO swimming results: 400 IM is middle distance and covers the four main strokes...a decent benchmark. The women's gold set a word record at 4:26.36. That wouldn't have even gotten you inside the top 25 with the men.
View Quote

Fishing?
Trap/skeet?

Maybe bowling?

I dunno, just spitballing here.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:38:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

She lasted a lot longer than I thought she would.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:46:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Fishing?
Trap/skeet?

Maybe bowling?

I dunno, just spitballing here.
View Quote

USADA gonna push their shit in.......

Hopefully we're on the downhill slide of this whole thing and we'll regain some fucking sanity here over the next few years.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:55:46 AM EDT
[#42]
I've don that to a chick before
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:05:50 AM EDT
[#43]
This is why the right gets it's shit kicked in ALL THE TIME by the left. 

This is a great time to point and laugh at the hypocrisy of the left, but instead what happens?  Bunch of you all beat your chests trying to define to everyone else in the echo chamber what you think is "the right thing".
People on the left would be discussing how to leverage issues against the right. But oh fuck no, instead dozen people have to say "if you're a boy you're a boy" over and over again. 

Hope more of you all can get over the need for virtue signaling and affirmation seeking before 2020. 
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:07:11 AM EDT
[#44]

...seems legit.  

-Warren-
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:25:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:27:03 AM EDT
[#46]
I AM A BOY.

I WANT TO COMPETE AS A GIRL.

ugh. Die.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:34:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Here's one that's going to meet with Trump. The one on the right.

Transgender meeting with Trump

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:40:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I WRITE POST.

I DO NOT READ ARTICLE.

ugh. Die.
View Quote

It wasn't that s/he wanted to wrestle girls, but that the league rules are "you compete in the gender on your birth certificate" and "medically necessary PEDs are OK".
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:42:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So boy is literally beating up girls, and there is a dispute about how it should be resolved? I'm sure the feminist are all kinds of confused
View Quote

If I understand the story correctly, it's a girl who is being loaded up with testosterone.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:53:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top