BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:14:26 PM EDT
[#2]
His business.

IMHO his approach to announcing the increase is gawdawful.

Unless, as mentioned by several above, he wants a pre-September sales bump for some strange reason.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thanks for that!
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Would have bought a wallet from them years ago, if it wasn't for the card breakage issue.
View Quote
Yep, won't buy wallets from them again.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks.  Just picked up a blem slim bifold wallet for $19 shipped.  Curious to give it a try.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks.  Just picked up a blem slim bifold wallet for $19 shipped.  Curious to give it a try.

I've got their Wing Briefcase, and have been extremely happy with it.  Very well made, good quality leather (without any of Saddleback's "it builds character" blemishes), and shipped quickly and well-packed.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Plenty of other places selling expensive leather goods. If you look around, there may even be a local saddlemaker type shop that can custom make whatever you want. Nothing proprietary about leather.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:16:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Morlando Leather.  Same Mexican maker, similar products.
View Quote

I've been wanting a dark brown wallet to match one of my other purses.  Just ordered a Morlando to see what it is like.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:21:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I might have to check out some of these other vendors y'all are recommending
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:25:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I guess then it's good I have never heard of them, that way I cannot get worked up over it.
View Quote

Same here, and now chances are 100% I'll never own anything they make or "import" or whatever-in-hell it is they do to justify their already outrageous-sounding prices.

Course, I'm not one of the legendary basement-dwelling Arfcom millionaires, either. I have to work too hard for my money to blow $600 on a damn briefcase.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:26:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Same here, and now chances are 100% I'll never own anything they make or "import" or whatever-in-hell it is they do to justify their already outrageous-sounding prices.

Course, I'm not one of the legendary basement-dwelling Arfcom millionaires, either. I have to work too hard for my money to blow $600 on a damn briefcase.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess then it's good I have never heard of them, that way I cannot get worked up over it.

I like how you imply those of us that bought Saddleback briefcases didn't work hard for our money.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:30:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I bought when they sucked at pricing.

I'm interested to see what 'significant' is to them.
View Quote
Me too.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So do the people who sewed my damn briefcase.

Oh well.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Saddle back wallet was a waste of money. Looked nice initially, but even new one designed to not break cards (which I have) broke them like clock work. Customer service's solution was for me to not put the wallet in my back pocket. When I finally replaced it with a nicer wallet it looked like ass, and I used it for less than a year.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:42:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hypalon Wallets are where its at.

View Quote

Those look cool.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:44:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'll never be able to afford a Mexican purse now!
View Quote

This. It's already to much for what is a leather bag.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Saddleback, Costa, Yeti = imported from third world countries at a 9000% markup.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Lulz
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I think I'll pass on Marlondo leather Co.

Company Name: Marlondo Leather Co
Contact Person: Ma yujie
Email: Send Email
Phone: +8615991610055

Marlondo Leather. Co,’ a China based company
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:55:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think I'll pass on Marlondo leather Co.

Company Name: Marlondo Leather Co
Contact Person: Ma yujie
Email: Send Email
Phone: +8615991610055

Marlondo Leather. Co,’ a China based company
View Quote

Dave is looking at buying a much bigger boat than Ma owns.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:59:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I have their 'large' wallet

Never had any problems with it. Had it for years. Still like it and sure it was $70 iirc but it beats spending $30 every year or two for a cheap pleather one that will fall apart

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't get it.

I mean,if yo can afford really nice shit, go for it, enjoy what you've earned.

But seriously, why the fuck would yo pay that much for fucking wallet or a belt when there are cheaper options available that do the exact same thing?

I'm wearing a gun belt right now that I got at a gunshow from a no name dealer. It's thick, it's comfortable, and it does what I need. I think I paid $40 for it.

YMMV.

View Quote

Overpriced.  I wouldn't pay $60 for a friggin wallet unless it comes with a month's supply of blow jobs
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:04:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Does anyone remember the email regarding charging extra for leather with blemishes like insect bite scabs that made the leather "unique" and should fetch a higher price? That guy is PT Barnum.

I do have a wallet, but it was overpriced back then. It will probably last forever though.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:06:39 PM EDT
[#23]
RAISING prices?!?!?!

They're already higher than giraffe pussy!

Bye.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:09:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I like how you imply those of us that bought Saddleback briefcases didn't work hard for our money.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think he implied, I think you infered
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:11:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I bought a used spec ops brand t.h.e. wallet years ago. Never looked back.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yeah, got the email too.... And thought nice knowing ya.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:50:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Tanner goods out of Oregon makes some nice stuff all American made

John
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:55:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Mitchell Leather

/thread.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks like I'll be investing in colson keene (sp) soon
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:03:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
are they better than Louis Vuitton and Gucci?
View Quote

Yes, especially if you want to people to think that you're straight.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:10:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have a Saddleback wallet and it's the best wallet I ever bought.

I liked it so much I bought each of my sons one so they wouldn't have to fight over mine when I'm dead.

<a href="http://s4.photobucket.com/user/phuzzygnu/media/20151225_175344_zpsq1ptg1is_edit_1451087867915_zpschuthouy.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/phuzzygnu/20151225_175344_zpsq1ptg1is_edit_1451087867915_zpschuthouy.jpg</a>

I have one of those in a drawer.  It's way too thick to fit in my back pocket.  I'll never wear it out, mostly because I'll never use it.  I now carry their card wallet thingy.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:25:38 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm going to go be poor somewhere else.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:05:14 AM EDT
[#33]
My Saddleback wallet is much better than the Coach wallet I owned.  I love it, well worth the money.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:05:36 AM EDT
[#34]

This post is from a member of Jimmy Carter's administration.  

FYI
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:09:56 AM EDT
[#35]
The salad days of already-overpriced, boutique wallets are over.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:12:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Did his laborers in Mexico demand better wages?

I hope it works out for him.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:22:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Reading that email was painful.
View Quote

Fuck yeah.  I've got a front pocket wallet and one of the notepad holders and I love them, but I bought them a while back.  Dave Munson is, bar none, the most tone-deaf business person I've ever seen.  Dude makes reasonably priced, not overly finished goods and does well.  

Then decides to dial down the finish level and call it character while raising the price.

Then he fesses to using cheaper, discarded leather with scars and calls it more character and raises the price.

Then starts pimping his wife's shapeless tote-sacks and charges a Saddleback price.

Then starts adding in "limited editions" with large scars and brands AND RAISES THE PRICE.

Now he sends out an email that says "Hey, ignore all the trips I've taken and all the videos of me sipping tea in Morroco for a month at a time and check this!  I suck at business and just realized it so fuck you, pay me.  If you don't pay me by September first, fuck you pay me more."

But, hey, he includes a bible verse with each cow-sack, so he must be cool...
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:30:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The salad days of already-overpriced, boutique wallets are over.

View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

My Saddleback wallet is much better than the Coach wallet I owned.  I love it, well worth the money.
View Quote
Did your husband buy you that?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:19:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Before the surge in online options buying a real leather wallet was difficult.  Places like Coach actually sell real leather wallets that you can look at and touch before buying.  Wallets at JC Pennys Walmart etc are made of very fake leather.  You can knock Coach because they are known for purses but they actually make a very high quallity real leather wallet.

I have a card holder from them I have owned for about 6 years.  Its been accidentally washed probably 6 times. Its held up great.

Looks like this one

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
But will you make it home alive?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll never be able to afford a Mexican purse now!
You could book a flight to Mexico Stay in a hotel for 2 nights
Buy a satchel on the street made as well, maybe by same guys
Fly home
Be about same price
But will you make it home alive?  

there are plenty of safe places to go in Mexico
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Who??

(Seriously - never heard of them... I guess they're supposed to be a name in the leather-goods trade?)
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 3:27:35 PM EDT
[#43]
I bought a leather wallet from Tanner Goods, made in USA, they're not cheap, but IMO it's a nice wallet.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#44]
That is some seriously overpriced stuff as it is.

I could understand if it was US made, but it's insane for imported leather goods.

ETA: What are you people doing to your poor wallets that's making them break? I've never paid more than $20 for a leather wallet and I've never worn one out.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:15:35 PM EDT
[#46]
why is this breaking? i never even heard of this place?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fight for accessory equality!
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
why is this breaking? i never even heard of this place?
View Quote

It's the official wallet of arfcom.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Man, I remember when only women would waste money on expensive purses.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:02:53 PM EDT
[#50]
I've got a few things from them and they are nice but I don't think they are worth anymore than I paid for them so I doubt I'll be purchasing anything else there in the future if the increases are more than a few percent.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top