[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sturridge with two over the Spurs in EFL action
View Quote

It was a nice win.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Arsenal, Liverpool and Hull from the Premier League plus Newcastle and Leeds from the Championship advance.

Remaining 3 for the quarter finals determined tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 1:24:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Coutinho denied a great goal but Matip makes up for it!

Link Posted: 10/29/2016 2:14:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Firmino!

Then a dumb penalty for taking off his shirt
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Almost seemed like a home game. You'll never walk alone was booming.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 5:02:25 AM EDT
[#7]
David Moyes is 5/4 to have left Sunderland before the side faces Bournemouth next Saturday - and 4/7 to still be there.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/arsenal-fans-taunt-david-moyes-with-sacked-chants-as-odds-tumble-on-dismissal-1-8208214
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 7:42:42 AM EDT
[#8]

speaking of Moyes...  

UTD guys -- should JM be given the run of the season no matter what, to get his system and/or players in place?  or does the balance look off already?

Link Posted: 10/30/2016 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

speaking of Moyes...  

UTD guys -- should JM be given the run of the season no matter what, to get his system and/or players in place?  or does the balance look off already?

http://ziva.losdos.dyndns.org/public/misc/UTD-coaches.jpg
View Quote

I'd give him the season.

He's trying to put the best players in that may work well together.

They had many, many chances yesterday to put one in the net.

They just seem to be complacent, at the moment.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Chelsea also has high caliber players and Mourinho seemed to suck the life out of them.

Hazard from last year to this year is night and day.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Hazard puts the Blues up 1-0

Monk

Link Posted: 10/30/2016 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I think the top of the table is going to be very dynamic this year with the revived Chelsea.

In news relating to this hemisphere, check this out.

ARF family in need
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 5:41:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Champions' League Tuesday:

Man City 3  Barcelona 1 - City were down early (Messi), but found their rhythm and played their best 60 minutes of football (against a quality side) in over a month. Gundogan, deBruyne, Gundogan again.

Ludogorets 2  Arsenal 3 - On a gloomy night in Bulgaria, Gunners went down 2 early (Ospina shaky early), but equalized by halftime.  Then held the fort until a fabulous Ozil breakaway (okay, a missed offsides went their way) in the 88th minute. This is a match where previous Arsenal teams would have rolled over at 2-0 or given up the winner when tied.  Not this year.

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 1:16:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Champions' League Tuesday:

Man City 3  Barcelona 1 - City were down early (Messi), but found their rhythm and played their best 60 minutes of football (against a quality side) in over a month. Gundogan, deBruyne, Gundogan again.

Ludogorets 2  Arsenal 3 - On a gloomy night in Bulgaria, Gunners went down 2 early (Ospina shaky early), but equalized by halftime.  Then held the fort until a fabulous Ozil breakaway (okay, a missed offsides went their way) in the 88th minute. This is a match where previous Arsenal teams would have rolled over at 2-0 or given up the winner when tied.  Not this year.

View Quote

Özil embarrassed their D on that run

Link Posted: 11/3/2016 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Fenerbache 2  ManU 1  Rooney in the 89th minute to wreck the clean sheet.

Pogba hurt.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 11:53:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Liverpool moving to take advantage of the Tottenham/Arsenal draw.

Bringing a beat down.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn. Come on Sturridge.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I know it's not euro soccer related, but hoping FC Dallas can overcome the deficit tonight against the sounders.

Anyone who gives a shit about youth development in the US should be a fan of Papi and FCD.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 11/7/2016 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I know it's not euro soccer related, but hoping FC Dallas can overcome the deficit tonight against the sounders.

Anyone who gives a shit about youth development in the US should be a fan of Papi and FCD.
View Quote

Toyota Stadium is really nice.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Damn. Come on Sturridge.
View Quote

Sturridge is done at LFC.  Hjs movement is terrible...Origi has been much better off the bench.  I hope we unload him while we can still (maybe) get something for him.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#23]
It's been quiet in here...

Spurs need points today against Hammers. We'll see if the new kids can give us a good result.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Spurs need points today against Hammers. We'll see if the new kids can give us a good result.
View Quote

Liverpool had a mediocre result this morning.  

Gotta love the soccer gods sometimes....lots of opportunities, no goals.

Link Posted: 11/19/2016 1:56:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disappointed that Klopp didn't do better with the starting line-up or do more to influence the game with subs late in the game.  With Lallana out we shouldn't be starting 3 defensive-minded midfielders (Can, Henderson, and Wijnaldum).  The front 3 were stranded up top with little support until Couhtino started dropping in behind, at the cost of their width on the left.  Then he subbed out Can, the only one of the 3 mids that was making runs from back, and that's why they looked so freaking flat and lifeless at the end of the game (outside of Sturridge, who was subbed in).  Despite all that, the game still should have ended 3-1.  

Wijnaldum has been such a disappointment. I loved him at NC last year...he seemed to be such a creator.  Now he just seems like an anchor to what is otherwise a high-flying offense.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn. My alarm went off and I could not wake up. Too many swing shifts and OT
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Still Unbeaten! The end of that game was a bit tense. Well deserved win.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 6:40:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Giroud's meaty French forehead steals 2 points from the Red Devils in the 89th minute, continues the Gunners' run w/o a loss and maintains their confidence for the crucial CL meeting with PSG midweek.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 6:42:54 PM EDT
[#29]
We can all hope Middlesborough can hold up Chelsea tomorrow
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/19/2016 10:40:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Giroud's meaty French forehead steals 2 points from the Red Devils in the 89th minute, continues the Gunners' run w/o a loss and maintains their confidence for the crucial CL meeting with PSG midweek.
View Quote

Arsenal don't deserve Giroud. He has pulled their fat from the fire countless times, and he still gets no respect from fans or Wenger.  I love that French bastard, no homo.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 11:09:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Its futile for me to post about ManU

It would be a broken record, I have run dry of insight and excuses. 38 shots and no goals, Aresenal match was actually a loss, they played very well today, but Jones is soft and collapsed under Giroud. After Rashford allowed the cross.

One shot one goal one point...just keep pushing on I suppose. Feynord on Thursday.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 11:10:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Arsenal don't deserve Giroud. He has pulled their fat from the fire countless times, and he still gets no respect from fans or Wenger.  I love that French bastard, no homo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Couldn't agree more, but frankly he often doesn't seem to have the focus and drive when he starts that he does when he comes in during the final third.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 11:16:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
...but Jones is soft and collapsed under Giroud.
View Quote

I guess the hell he did.  Some white Frenchmen can jump.

Link Posted: 11/20/2016 1:33:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac185/boddingtonmeister/chelsea-haters-gonna-hate_l_GIFSoupcom.gif

All about the table
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 11:54:24 AM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...but Jones is soft and collapsed under Giroud.

I guess the hell he did.  Some white Frenchmen can jump.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/640/588/hi-res-dead986a4ef17886ef1db147eb7f737d_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

He had one job, impede his path. He is not a small man either. He is soft, and often injured in training.

The injuries, both severity, and frequency, this team incurs is astounding the last 3 yrs. Valencia is a tough sumbitch btw.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Valencia is a tough sumbitch btw.
View Quote

Broken arm surgically repaired Oct 29. 31 yoa. Played yesterday with no sign of a splint or brace.

If you've watched any of the Conmebol world cup qualifiers you know what tough mofos South American players are.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 2:59:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Top 'o' the League
View Quote

Missed the second half of the game my coworkers were hogging all the TVs
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:03:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Broken arm surgically repaired Oct 29. 31 yoa. Played yesterday with no sign of a splint or brace.

If you've watched any of the Conmebol world cup qualifiers you know what tough mofos South American players are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Valencia is a tough sumbitch btw.

Hes been a stalwart. Hes was a goal creator as a wing, and has embraced halfback and still maintains a threatening presence on offense. He is no flopper with contact. Im not sure i agree with you on SA player, i see plenty of diving and rolling on the ground.

Valencia is my favorite player aftet Giggsy. He reminds me of the direct wide attacking mentality United had when they were top tier.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 1:25:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Steven Gerrard has retired
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

For our Liverpool fans...

Monk
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/db/83/37/db833739c34d1098fde80be094ab035a.jpg

Monk

Damn straight.

The reason I started watching Liverpool was wanting to be a midfielder like him.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 9:47:35 PM EDT
[#44]

We'll miss him.

Link Posted: 11/24/2016 10:14:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Just how many League Titles did Stevie win????

Link Posted: 11/25/2016 4:11:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Just how many League Titles did Stevie win????

http://www.howmanypremierleaguemedalshasstevengerrardwon.com/

View Quote

Thats not nice.

Damn good player but the thing sticks in my head is his red card after coming on as a halftime sub. 38 seconds, one shity follow thru, one stomp, off to the showers.

Eta

Just watched the EUro match with Feynoord. Much better. Pogba was strong, Rooney had a high work rate, and Mihkataryan was productive.

Rooney passes Van Nistylrooy for team Euro scoring record. Next up, Sir Bobby Charlton for the over all team scoring mark.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#48]

No one that knows the game ever said Gerrard was garbage or a bad person...no one.

And youll hardly ever get a player to be critical of a quality opponent.  

He played at the wrong time. He has no league hardware. Its not his fault. He is a fantastic player. Facts.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#49]
That clash didn't look good for Coutinho. He was really in some pain.

And in other news...

Link Posted: 11/26/2016 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Damn straight.

The reason I started watching Liverpool was wanting to be a midfielder like him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/db/83/37/db833739c34d1098fde80be094ab035a.jpg

Monk

Damn straight.

The reason I like Liverpool is Gerrard reminding me of Joe Thornton, setting the table for Suarez, Sturridge and others but every now and then taking a nice shot for himself.

Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top