BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:21:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Maybe I've missed it, but have they released any info on the scope/scale of these grow ops?

I would not be surprised at all if the officers found a closet with four plants and called it a grow op.

So Cleetus gives a clone to his sister so they can have their own, everyone has a plant or two growing under some shitty lights in their basement, etc, so the police go nuts and the media eats it up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like they were an all-around shitty family and someone or some group of people finally had enough of them being toxic in the community.

This continues to be a very interesting story as more details come out.

Sounds like a drug war

Maybe I've missed it, but have they released any info on the scope/scale of these grow ops?

I would not be surprised at all if the officers found a closet with four plants and called it a grow op.

So Cleetus gives a clone to his sister so they can have their own, everyone has a plant or two growing under some shitty lights in their basement, etc, so the police go nuts and the media eats it up.

The media is saying around 2000 plants so far, and they're not done yet. So no, they weren't some stoners with 10 plants in 5 gallon buckets.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:21:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Correlation doesn't equal causation.

It's not that difficult a concept. Ok, maybe it is.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

According to GD, marajuana isn't dangerous so this massacre must have been an isolated incident.
View Quote
Be quiet, the adults are speaking.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
According to GD, marajuana isn't dangerous so this massacre must have been an isolated incident.

Marijuana most commonly causes insanity in people who have never taken it. That is some powerful shit.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

The prohibition of marijuana is what creates the violence
that surrounds people who deal in it… just as it was with alcohol in the past…

But thanks for playing…

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Lol.

"If your enemies are demolition derby rivals ... you might be a redneck."
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:15:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or maybe they were dealing more than marijuana.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:46:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Only in GD would someone defend such white trash as the family has been found out to be.....You did not have to be a wizard to figure this one out.  

I hope the kids get placed with adoptive parents someplace where they will never have to see a tarp covered double-wide again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it's funny that he's in NH and telling a hillbilly from Ohio who has been around all different sorts of OH and KY hillbillies his whole life, all about hillbillies, grow ops, revenge, feuds, etc.

Only in GD.

Only in GD would someone defend such white trash as the family has been found out to be.....You did not have to be a wizard to figure this one out.  

I hope the kids get placed with adoptive parents someplace where they will never have to see a tarp covered double-wide again.

Tru Dat!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The whole situation is starting to sound more and more like Karma.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:51:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What is the dangerous part, the substance, or the people who participate in the black market for the substance?

When one drug dealer rips off another, the guy who got ripped off can't just go to the police and say "That asshole stole my shit without paying me, arrest him!", can they?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is the dangerous part, the substance, or the people who participate in the black market for the substance?

When one drug dealer rips off another, the guy who got ripped off can't just go to the police and say "That asshole stole my shit without paying me, arrest him!", can they?

I HAVE had someone try to report being mugged by the dealer they were trying to get heroin from.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lol.

"If your enemies are demolition derby rivals ... you might be a redneck."
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:03:18 PM EDT
[#12]

I am going to guess the "grow operation" plays a significant part in the murders.

Some cartel probably wanted to muscle in on their distribution network and was told to fuck off.

The "brothers" probably beat some asshole messenger from the cartel, and they came back for payback.

Or, since they really are a large group of inbred redneck assholes, the vigilantes took them out.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#13]
IDGAF...
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

No flame to burkeva, but it's the illegal trafficking that leads to violence.  We don't even know if that directly contributed to the murders in this case.  Ironically, NH passed medical marijuana.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ok, forget the pot.

My speculation is that a few families got tired of their shit and 5 or so men got the jump on them and ended their shit. Feud, revenge, townsfolk tired of the rhodens.
If it was mexicans the babies would of died to.
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Were they shot by bullets, or pot needles?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Were they shot by bullets, or pot needles?

Well played..
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:07:35 PM EDT
[#17]
typical trailer trash in the country
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:08:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

How so? The familiy was balls deep into growing and selling and they were killed because of it. GD doesn't link violence to pot because its convenient.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did the pot kill someone?

Statements like that are stupid.

How so? The familiy was balls deep into growing and selling and they were killed because of it. GD doesn't link violence to pot because its convenient.

You hav NO critical thinking skills....  

Just stop.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:12:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

50,000 dead at Woodstock, according to GD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because pot has about as much to do with violence as eating tofu.

That fascinating, because nearly every murder around here (except the domestics, and most of them too) usually revolves around someone and their marijuana use/sale.

This, maybe

This, I don't believe.

There's a difference.

How many people were killed at Woodstock over pot usage? There were half a million. Surely if pot caused violence that place would have had at least a few murders. Same way guns cause violence, therefore gunshows are blood baths.

Hmm.

50,000 dead at Woodstock, according to GD.

I remember the Woodstock war of '62...
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:13:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I HAVE had someone try to report being mugged by the dealer they were trying to get heroin from.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, not rare at all..
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:43:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like I wasn't far off on the article about them forcing a group of kids off their road at gunpoint.

http://knowledgeglue.com/10-days-before-pike-county-massacre-family-patrolled-property-with-firearms/
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:49:54 PM EDT
[#22]
“At least he had false teeth. He was able to superglue them back in..."

And people say Arkansas is full of redneck hicks...
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:59:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

If alcohol keeps them away ... I think I'll have a drink.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:05:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Sounds like some Harlen hick drama.
View Quote
yeah sounds like winners kinda like The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:24:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh for Christs sake, what a stupid post.

It being illegal is what creates situations like this but hey, keep posting stupid shit.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:27:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Nope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have zero evidence for that.

Because pot has about as much to do with violence as eating tofu.

The money can incite violence but there's no evidence of that, here.

How do you know? Are YOU involved in the investigation? How do you know what I know?
It's pretty obvious that you're talking out of your ass and are just trying to piss people off.

Nope.

Oooohhhhhh, what YOU know.....................

You are talking out your ass.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:30:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good thing no one was murdered over alcohol during prohibition
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:48:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Fuck yeah! There are thirty million or so regular pot users in the US and they are shooting up the neighborhoods every fucking day!

Carnage in the streets everywhere.  Millions of dead per day and all of it is due to pot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I grew up near a pig farm in Roane County, Tennessee in the late 70's, so I feel I have a decent handle on this topic.

Any person that says pot isn't a nexus for violence is disingenuous at best.

Users steal and rob to buy pot.

Users steal pot from other users.

Growers and sellers would most certainly dissuade you from interfering in their capitalism.

Just because some of you love the pot, and believe you're a productive member of society, doesn't mean that is true for the majority of pot users.

I can tell you for a fact growing up around it, and later as a lawman, more often than not, when I was dealing with criminal activity, pot had a role.

Fuck yeah! There are thirty million or so regular pot users in the US and they are shooting up the neighborhoods every fucking day!

Carnage in the streets everywhere.  Millions of dead per day and all of it is due to pot.

Don't make fun of him brah. My roomate has a medical card, and he kills like three people a day.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:58:47 PM EDT
[#29]
When the law lets you down, you have an obligation to set things right.  When you start killin', best to get all the fighting age ones.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:05:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Marijuana most commonly causes insanity in people who have never taken it. That is some powerful shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or at least the munchies.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:24:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Half a million worth of Marijuana on hand with three separate grow locations + known trouble-makers in a rural area/small community.

Both are recipe's to get you and your family killed precisely like this. Way too big of an operation to fly under the radar from cops, cartels, other growers, dealers and users. And it doesn't sound like these morons attempted to lay low.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:50:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Sounds like they were an all-around shitty family and someone or some group of people finally had enough of them being toxic in the community.

This continues to be a very interesting story as more details come out.
View Quote

same thing happened to some bully in Tx  
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/crime/article24591469.html
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:00:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It being illegal is what creates situations like this but hey, keep posting stupid shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/news/20437610-113/one-dead-following-shooting-at-south-lake-tahoe

http://www.kolotv.com/content/news/South-Lake-Tahoe-Police-Investigate-Fatal-Shooting-367139331.html

This murder happened directly across the street from a South Lake Tahoe "medical" marijuana dispensary...the Tahoe Wellness Cooperative.  
In California...where it's definitely legal, and pretty much everywhere.  
Just because it happens to be legal doesn't mean that you, as a user, aren't associating with a large percentage of complete dirtbags who will kill you for whatever they think you have.

This one happened in Nevada...over 3 ounces of marijuana. Not 20 miles from the California border where weed is universally available.

http://www.recordcourier.com/news/crime/21370109-113/six-deny-murder-charges-in-carson-pot-deal#

I personally don't have a problem with legalizing weed...much like facial tattoos and pit bull ownership, it just lets me know who I don't need to associate with because they make idiotic life decisions.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:13:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Hasn't been posted yet, but out of curiosity any "Irish Travelers", aka "White Gypsies", or just "Gypsies" in that area? Can't miss them they have large paving companies, but you never see them actually paving anything unless it's half assed job on some 90 year old ladies land the local news reports, and gets told to shut up or die .

NW Atlanta suburbs they are out in force, and the local to state Georgia police are scared to death of them, and the GBI to FBI would need to call in the Army and Air Force to even attempt to serve warrant.

If they are in the area they would happily do something like this, and tell the police they, and their families are dead if they push the investigation to far.

Edit: Cartels are way above this level of operation, but the travelers are on the same level as a family like this. Asshole killing asshole on what is the white trailer trash level would fit the stupider of both parties.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:22:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Sounds like a happy ending.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:52:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This is the first I heard they were a family of drug dealers.

Kinda takes the mystery out of it.
View Quote

Yep. I'm sure in the eventual movie it will be society's fault.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:38:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Correlation doesn't equal causation.

It's not that difficult a concept. Ok, maybe it is.

View Quote

As you also said, it's not the pot, it's the illegal business. Two of the dead may have been violent assholes and that adds a lot to the tale. Violent assholes can own businesses and do violent crime. When the business is illegal, it amplifies the effect and it removes the law abiding business owners from the group. IIRC, the Jamaican drug gangs initially sold pot and they were capable of some remarkable violence in New York and Florida.

I knew another fellow, Russel (Burke?) whose 12 gauge brain extrusion was not solved and generally believed to be related to his primary occupations of being an asshole and selling pot.

The correlation becomes strong in this one.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:41:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Most underrated self-defense tip: don't be an asshole.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:06:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Organized crime thrives in the Appalachian Mountain regions of Ohio as small-medium family clans built around pot growing, moonshine distilling, stolen car rings, and cock fighting outfits. Frankly, it's like they're combining The Sopranos with the Dukes of Hazard.

Oddly enough, my agency has had multiple run-ins with southern Ohio clans running drugs, money, and guns. At least once a month I'm pulling sawed off shotguns and stolen handguns out of cars registered south of Chillicothe.

They don't have shit on the Youngstown crime rings, though. Glad I don't interact with where I'm at.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:25:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Organized crime thrives in the Appalachian Mountain regions of Ohio as small-medium family clans built around pot growing, moonshine distilling, stolen car rings, and cock fighting outfits. Frankly, it's like they're combining The Sopranos with the Dukes of Hazard.

Oddly enough, my agency has had multiple run-ins with southern Ohio clans running drugs, money, and guns. At least once a month I'm pulling sawed off shotguns and stolen handguns out of cars registered south of Chillicothe.

They don't have shit on the Youngstown crime rings, though. Glad I don't interact with where I'm at.
View Quote

My grandmother was born in Youngstown in 1905. Her father was a moonshiner. He made GOOD money at it, too. Enough that my great grandmother could afford to take pictures of everything (before point & shoot cameras and Fotomat dropoff developing), which is kinda neat having records of everyday life during prohibition.

Unlike the dead shitbirds, my great grandfather ran his business as a nice man. Attacking someone 12-1 wasn't his way. He was well liked and avoided negative attention.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:49:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/news/20437610-113/one-dead-following-shooting-at-south-lake-tahoe

http://www.kolotv.com/content/news/South-Lake-Tahoe-Police-Investigate-Fatal-Shooting-367139331.html

This murder happened directly across the street from a South Lake Tahoe "medical" marijuana dispensary...the Tahoe Wellness Cooperative.  
Just because it happens to be legal doesn't mean that you, as a user, aren't associating with a large percentage of complete dirtbags who will kill you for whatever they think you have.

This one happened in Nevada...over 3 ounces of marijuana. Not 20 miles from the California border where weed is universally available.

http://www.recordcourier.com/news/crime/21370109-113/six-deny-murder-charges-in-carson-pot-deal#

I personally don't have a problem with legalizing weed...much like facial tattoos and pit bull ownership, it just lets me know who I don't need to associate with because they make idiotic life decisions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would safely risk saying they probably sold a few pills in their day as well but marijuana by itself certainly can be profitable. Legalization in some states aside,it is still worth enough to be smuggled by cartels and it's hardly at giveaway pricing. If they had thousands of plants in a couple barns then they could have been trading significant sums.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top