Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/30/2015 8:11:10 AM EDT
Repo guys looking for a family members car, banging on the door and shining their light inside the house. I already told them to kick rocks.

Strap on the go pro and grab my shambok? Call the cops?

They'll be back. I'm sure.

I always hated tow truck drivers.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:15:23 AM EDT
[#1]
You Are in Texas and you ask that question?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:16:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Repo guys looking for a family members car . . .

View Quote

How do you feel about deadbeats?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:17:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

No shit.   Waste em'
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:18:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Make sure they are right outside door. Start screaming "that's it, this ends now".
Rack shotgun loudly.

But seriously, give the damn car back already

Eta: upon further thought I realized you may not have control over this family member or the car. That would suck

So I guess do the shotgun thing

Also maybe get naked and grease yourself up then stand in front of the window

Maybe shine a spotlight back at them

Nail 16 penny nails through small sections of plywood and place them just under on the ground in front of all Windows. Cover lightly with mulch. Make sure to take video when hilarity ensues

Paintball grenades

If none of that works strip up sections of sod. Dig pits. Cut 1/4" plywood to fit over holes. Replace sod. Punji sticks are optional
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:20:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Was the car there?

Eta: I also agree that the fuckers shouldn't be looking in the house.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:22:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Get the tag of the repo truck.

Call cops and file harassment

They shouldn't be shining lights in the house
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:23:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not his responsibility.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:24:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.  Aren't they supposed to just hook up and leave IF the vehicle is on the property?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:28:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not even close to harassment in Texas

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:32:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Go shine a light in his bedroom in the middle of the night.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:34:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Answer the door bare ass naked with a raging hard on and your pistol in hand...DUH! He will be afraid of one of your guns.

*EDIT* Guy below me has the answer.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:34:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Repo guys looking for a family members car, banging on the door and shining their light inside the house. I already told them to kick rocks.

View Quote

Certified letter to the company advising them that no one from the company is permitted on your property.  Advise in the letter that anyone entering your property from then on is trespassing and you will immediately report them to the police.  Then call the police if they show again.  

Understand that the police cannot arrest unless the people refuse to leave in the presence of the police.  However, you can get a criminal trespass notice filed with the police.  That will allow an automatic arrest after that.

I can explain in more detail if you like.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:36:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Trespassing , peeping tom laws ?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:36:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Either call it in to the cops, or give the address of the car.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:39:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I would be having a conversation with my deadbeat relative.  Can't blame the tow company for doing their job.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#17]
If the car aint there then they can FOAD.. I wonder how often Mr tow truck driver likes talking to a armed home owner at 1 AM.

if it aint my car or in my driveway then it aint my problem. Had they chose a different format than 1 am to bug the fuck out of me i might choose to be a little more helpful.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:41:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I would be having a conversation with my deadbeat relative.  Can't blame the tow company for doing their job.
View Quote

at 1 am i can.. Come back at a more civilized time and we can have a more civilized conversation.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:43:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL, are you new to GD?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#20]
arrest them for trespassing
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:51:05 AM EDT
[#21]
This is easy, I got this fellas...  Is the Dead beat family member is in the house?  If so tell them to wake the fuck up and take care of their business.  Kick them out first thing in the morning.  I am all about helping family in need, but Homey don't play the dumb shit.

If not.  Tell the repo guys to fuck off.  Dave don't live here! Tell them, If you come back again it will not be a pleasant experience. You are tired of the bullshit.

If they come back again then it's time to nut up and beat the fuck out of some repo guys.

The end.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:55:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Certified letter to the company advising them that no one from the company is permitted on your property.  Advise in the letter that anyone entering your property from then on is trespassing and you will immediately report them to the police.  Then call the police if they show again.  

Understand that the police cannot arrest unless the people refuse to leave in the presence of the police.  However, you can get a criminal trespass notice filed with the police.  That will allow an automatic arrest after that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They must be on your property to count as a tresspass to go to jail BTW
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:53:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This is easy, I got this fellas...  Is the Dead beat family member is in the house?  If so tell them to wake the fuck up and take care of their business.  Kick them out first thing in the morning.  I am all about helping family in need, but Homey don't play the dumb shit.

If not.  Tell the repo guys to fuck off.  Dave don't live here! Tell them, If you come back again it will not be a pleasant experience. You are tired of the bullshit.

If they come back again then it's time to nut up and beat the fuck out of some repo guys.

The end.
View Quote

No car here...I told the guy to foad. Kept pounding on the door for a minute then left.

Wonder if I would get sued for handing out a little old school ass beating. I don't want to shoot anyone. Lol
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:59:09 AM EDT
[#24]
If the car isnt registered there id probably call the police.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Not sure what I would do, but whatever I did I feel I would do it naked from the waist down.

OP don't try this unless you have a large, intimidating penis though.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:00:46 AM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:02:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Call the cops and have them trespassed.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:03:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Under the Uniform Commercial Code, repossession of secured property cannot occur with a "breach of the peace". Be sure to use this phrase when speaking with police.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:04:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No car here...I told the guy to foad. Kept pounding on the door for a minute then left.

Wonder if I would get sued for handing out a little old school ass beating. I don't want to shoot anyone. Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The end.

I'd wager there are at least two guys, and you wouldn't be the first to try to fight them.

You are in texas, I'd have ordered them off the property at the point of my rifle.  You have a good claim for theft during the cover of darkness.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Easiest thing to do would have been to tell them where the car could be located...  I don't like tow truck drivers either...most Tow companies are run by scumbags and operate in shady ares of the law. We had a tow company clean out 100+ vehicles from a restaurant by our stadium one night. Restaurant was closed and claimed that they never requested vehicles to be removed. I have some leeway for repo guys though. People who buy cars and then don't pay for them are pretty scummy too and they go out of their ways to hide the cars....like using a relative's address instead of their own.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'd wager there are at least two guys, and you wouldn't be the first to try to fight them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The end.

The vehicle and the person who owes the loan company is not there.  They come back after being told not to.  I will assume they are looking for a fight and anything they do from then on out will be taken as a sign of aggression.  It's fo time mother fucker!
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:53:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Sounds like you have a shit bag relative with your address info on file.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:54:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Never answer the door.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#35]
1) Get naked

2) Lube up from head to toe with baby oil

3) work yourself up to a raging hard-on

4) Grab a meat-cleaver

5)  Answer the door like that, smile and say, "Sweet... You guys are just in time!  Get in here... This is gonna be GREAT!"

They probably won't come back, in my experiance.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

Think the tow driver expected to find the missing vehicle inside the house?

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#37]
If I did not know their identity and they shined a light into my home while banging on the door at 1AM .......Castle Doctrine.

In the event I knew who they were and what they were up to I'd call the sheriff.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Under the Uniform Commercial Code, repossession of secured property cannot occur with a "breach of the peace". Be sure to use this phrase when speaking with police.
View Quote

In NC it is that way. If it can't be repossessed without a breach of the peace, then the company must file a civil action to get it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, definitely the tow truck drivers fault for doing their job.

Not at all the fault of your family member for not paying for the vehicle that they signed for.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:28:13 AM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Not at all the fault of your family member for not paying for the vehicle that they signed for.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is doing your job, and there is being an asshole.  The tow truck driver is being an asshole.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:29:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At 1am as posted by someone else above? Pounding on my fucking door?

I'm not burning down some half breed tow truck driver for being an asshole. If he comes in my house things may change
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

garden hose
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:36:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Generally that it isn't my problem at 1:00AM.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Call the cops and have them trespassed.

View Quote

This.  Call to LE should go something like this:

911: 911, what is the address of your emergency?
You: I'm at 1234 XXXXXX Dr, there's two guys trying to beat my door down.  They're yelling and screaming, one keeps looking in my window, I think they might be trying to get in.
911: Are they armed?
You: I don't know, but I have a shotgun.  I'm not going near the door or outside until the Po-lice get here.

Dispatcher: Delta 412 Charlie 210, 10-35 in progress, Code 1 1234 XXXXXX Dr, Two male subjects at the front door attempting to gain entry, unknown 81s, Delta 412 Charlie 210.
Delta 412: Enroute(siren in background)
Charlie 210: Enroute(siren in background, motor revving)
Sierra 10(SGT): Dispatch, show Sierra 10 Enroute, get K9 started please.

Tow guys have a bad night; Problem solved.  Trespass the assholes, Problem staying solved.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#46]
I believe Edgar Allen Poe has some words about this.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The scum bags pounding on a deadbeat's relative's door at 1 am?  I think they are pieces of shit unless there is something OP is leaving out.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Did the family member live with you at one point? Trying to figure out why they would be looking for the car there.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Id do this.  Most likely they will stop harassing you at night when they get the certified letter.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:44:09 AM EDT
[#50]
The family member in question could be opening themselves up to fraud and theft by conversion charges for falsely using your address and for hiding the vehicle. This varies some from one state to another but the value of the vehicle can add up to felony charges. It'd be better if they just turned the vehicle over if they can't pay for it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top