Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 11/28/2015 12:28:06 PM EDT
So, a guy shot up an abortion clinic yesterday.  The wrongs of unwanted pregnancy termination - an AR15.com favorite topic.  And now for the gun owners who sort of think the other side:  First a couple graphics:

So, a little math....   Let's pick... 1985.   compare abortion rate to population, and that's about 1.5MM abortions (jeepers).

And let's cross reference violent crime today (when people are near their crime potential prime), and... if it were 1980's crime rate (before mid 1970's abortion had an affect on prime crime year aged population), that's 50 violent crimes/yr/1000 people.  So today's population is 310,000,000, so... that should be about 15 million violent crimes (obviously other factors are at play, but big number).  Today's actual violent crime is closer to 4.6 million.   So.... if the "abortion prevents violent criminals" argument holds water (Unwanted/beaten kids more likely to be criminals - I know, that's just crazy talk), then that's about 10,000,000, violent crimes not committed this year (obviously claiming all of those is a stretch).

Yesterday's shooting of an abortion clinic, was annoying.  A white guy with an assault rifle shooting up cops and others at a clinic, so that antigun law pressure goes up, and I can be victimized 15 years from now by his unwanted miracles?  Screw him.  The fact that Conservatives insist that the very people they want killed as adults, be forced to be born against the mothers-will like a scene out of Aliens, is the craziest juxtaposition in the entire conservative political platform.  

This isn't a case of "well she should have been more careful", as I'm not interested in easy abortion for the convenience of the idiot mother.  I just don't want me or mine funding and then getting victimized by some POS miracle spawned from idiot mother who's obviously predisposed to outright killing it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:32:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Mothers that would abort healthy fetuses are going to be total pieces of shit as parents.  Their children will be fucking horrible and criminals
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#4]
lol, what?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:37:53 PM EDT
[#5]
In like a hanger.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Mothers that would abort healthy fetuses are going to be total pieces of shit as parents.  Their children will be fucking horrible and criminals
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's the short and to the point version.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Preach it, brother. Amen!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:39:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
lol, what?
View Quote

GD is anti abortion and anti welfare and complains about hoodlums destroying America
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Yea shooter gets hell for taking innocent lives and every news network screams look look look......killing.. Meanwhile inside the clinic, baby killers are at work in the legal fashion and nothing but crickets ...not a freakin peep.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Murder is always wrong, whether it involves killing unborn babies or fully grown people.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Murder is always wrong, whether it involves killing unborn babies or fully grown people.
View Quote
He's right you know!

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hell, there are tons of horrible kids nowadays. Should we just kill them too? Every bad parent deserves to have their child killed?

I'm so confused by what you're trying to say. Correlation does not equal causation. Sometimes it seems like it, but there are a lot of good kids out there with shitty, horrible parents. They did not deserve to be aborted because their parents were terrible...

My best friend was born to 2 Crack heads that are in jail for the next 15 years. They put him up for adoption when he was a few weeks old because they didn't want him anymore. He has 2BS, an MS and a PhD in Chem Engineering and is one of the most successful guys I have ever met. Would literally give you his last dime. I can't stand arguments that would suggest his parents should have aborted him.

And in case it matters, I'm in the who gives a shit just don't use my tax money camp. I think it's wrong in every way, but if they can live with it and have the finances to do, they're the ones that have to answer for their actions one day.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:52:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Came here to post freekonomics, great book.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dispensing with zygotes through legal abortion is not murder.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

/thread
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Murder is always wrong,
whether it involves killing unborn babies or fully grown people.
View Quote
Completely untrue.

95% of the murders I've worked have been positive acts for humanity.

Doubly so when the perp is removed from society also.

So keep murdering, homie!

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:56:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't agree with abortion, so I won't get one.

I love freedom. Freedom is scary.

If we live in a society where people are free to abort pregnancies, well, I think that is just dandy.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:56:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Funny thing about your graphs is, the steepest drop in both curves began at the same time as the peak of prison building completion in the US.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Liberals love abortions.

I don't like liberals.

They reduce their numbers through abortion.

Why u gotta hate abortion?  
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:02:29 PM EDT
[#20]
The population of liberals and 2A haters skyrocketed? Damn.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#21]
If you are ok with any form of murder, you should be ok with someone trying to murder you and yours. An argument can be made that they are performing post term abortions. Hell, some would say these people are simply agents of natural selection and are doing the world a great service. They might be right. Either way, don't excuse one form of murder and then whine when another form rears its ugly head. Have a lovely one OP.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:05:46 PM EDT
[#22]
OP can't grasp the fact that people who oppose abortion see it as the murder of children.  Pointing out that it's actually a neat little eugenics program isn't going to change their minds, because they probably dont think eugenics is that great an idea anyway.

In the same way that people who oppose genocide would still oppose it even if you had a bunch of graphs and statistics about how rounding up and exterminating this particular group of people would save us all a lot of money and be a net benefit to society.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#23]
3 warnings and 2 time outs and a lock.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:06:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Too much logic.

I take the politics out of the argument. I don't approve of the double standard. On one hand if someone kills a prego woman often they are charged with two counts of murder. Prego women have an extra "level of protection" in terms our "feels". Yet many people don't care if that women decides to kill her fetus. I personally don't approve of abortion but then i think about saving a shitty childhood experience from that child.  Maybe that is me trying to justify by preventing pain on that child.

Abortion is horrible for all involved. The parents have to deal with deciding to willingly end the life of their offspring, the fetus is denied life, the healthcare staffers have to deal with the emotions, and i have to listen to libs say its about women's health (instead of properly labeling it and not hiding behind a fancy name that hides the truth)
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:10:19 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

If we live in a society where people are free to abort pregnancies, well, I think that is just dandy.
View Quote

freedom to murder, well thats certainly a novel idea.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Its not that hard to prevent unwanted pregnancy.  I was fucking for 15 years before seeding a kid.  

This argument just perpetuates the liberal mindset taking over this country.

EVERY lefty argument becomes logical when we ignore the root cause of the problem.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:14:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Imagine if we could all legally commit murder for the sake of convenience.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#28]
In this thread we see who doesn't understand the difference between correlation and causation.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
In this thread we see who doesn't understand the difference between correlation and causation.

http://www.venganza.org/images/PiratesVsTemp.png
View Quote

best post of the day
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

[krieger]Stop, my penis can only get so erect.[/krieger]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Some people have a false belief that human life has some sort of value. We're all worm food at some point.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bet you could make a pretty solid argument that the popularity of video games is the cause of lower crime rates.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Ahhh, the old kill a massive number of people to prevent future social ills theory. :rolleyes:. Here's a better, more effective, and more moral approach. Death penalty for all violent crime felonies. To be carried out within 90 days of conviction. This would drastically reduce the likelihood of innocent people being killed.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Some people have a false belief that human life has some sort of value. We're all worm food at some point.
View Quote

The human body itself has very little inherent value, the human mind is what has value.

A mind has to be cultivated and grown, without that humans are just like any other animal, and just as disposable.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Hell, there are tons of horrible kids nowadays. Should we just kill them too? Every bad parent deserves to have their child killed?

I'm so confused by what you're trying to say. Correlation does not equal causation. Sometimes it seems like it, but there are a lot of good kids out there with shitty, horrible parents. They did not deserve to be aborted because their parents were terrible...

Agree 100%
My best friend was born to 2 Crack heads that are in jail for the next 15 years. They put him up for adoption when he was a few weeks old because they didn't want him anymore. He has 2BS, an MS and a PhD in Chem Engineering and is one of the most successful guys I have ever met. Would literally give you his last dime. I can't stand arguments that would suggest his parents should have aborted him.

And in case it matters, I'm in the who gives a shit just don't use my tax money camp. I think it's wrong in every way, but if they can live with it and have the finances to do, they're the ones that have to answer for their actions one day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree 100%

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Arfcom loves to preach MYOB. So when it comes to a women and her unborn, why don't you people just MYOB? It literally has not a god damned thing to do with you, at all. You praise the killing of Muslim on muslim in the ME, but can't accept a woman terminating her fetus because she is incapable of taking care of a child, who will likely turn out to be one of the people that give you reasoning to carry a firearm at all times. If she has an accidental miscarriage, is that because God willed it?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

best post of the day
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

best post of the day

Perfect!  I'll save this to discredit every study I don't agree with too.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:35:39 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

best post of the day

you conducted a study?

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
you conducted a study?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

best post of the day

you conducted a study?  

Do you know how to read?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:37:41 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

So, a guy shot up an abortion clinic yesterday.  The wrongs of unwanted pregnancy termination - an AR15.com favorite topic.  And now for the gun owners who sort of think the other side:  First a couple graphics:

http://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/ldah6rdp6ukvngoyqi1fcg.gif

https://gerardnadal.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/stats_by_year.jpg

http://www.fairus.org/images/content/US_Population.jpg

So, a little math....   Let's pick... 1985.   compare abortion rate to population, and that's about 1.5MM abortions (jeepers).

And let's cross reference violent crime today (when people are near their crime potential prime), and... if it were 1980's crime rate (before mid 1970's abortion had an affect on prime crime year aged population), that's 50 violent crimes/yr/1000 people.  So today's population is 310,000,000, so... that should be about 15 million violent crimes (obviously other factors are at play, but big number).  Today's actual violent crime is closer to 4.6 million.   So.... if the "abortion prevents violent criminals" argument holds water (Unwanted/beaten kids more likely to be criminals - I know, that's just crazy talk), then that's about 10,000,000, violent crimes not committed this year (obviously claiming all of those is a stretch).

Yesterday's shooting of an abortion clinic, was annoying.  A white guy with an assault rifle shooting up cops and others at a clinic, so that antigun law pressure goes up, and I can be victimized 15 years from now by his unwanted miracles?  Screw him.  The fact that Conservatives insist that the very people they want killed as adults, be forced to be born against the mothers-will like a scene out of Aliens, is the craziest juxtaposition in the entire conservative political platform.  

This isn't a case of "well she should have been more careful", as I'm not interested in easy abortion for the convenience of the idiot mother.  I just don't want me or mine funding and then getting victimized by some POS miracle spawned from idiot mother who's obviously predisposed to outright killing it.
View Quote
Just from reading the OP, I can truly say there was at least one missed opportunity to make the world a better place.  

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:39:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Arfcom loves to preach MYOB. So when it comes to a women and her unborn, why don't you people just MYOB? It literally has not a god damned thing to do with you, at all. You praise the killing of Muslim on muslim in the ME, but can't accept a woman terminating her fetus because she is incapable of taking care of a child, who will likely turn out to be one of the people that give you reasoning to carry a firearm at all times. If she has an accidental miscarriage, is that because God willed it?
View Quote

Incapable of taking care of a child is reason enough to kill him/her?

Funny how GD gets mad if someone kills a dog, but killing a child seems to be acceptable. Since an animal is a lesser life and a person's property, why is there such outrage for these deaths, but some show up here and will say it is a woman's right to kill their child?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The human body itself has very little inherent value, the human mind is what has value.
A mind has to be cultivated and grown, without that humans are just like any other animal, and just as disposable.
View Quote

That might be the most evil things I have ever read here on Arfcom.  What determines whether or not a mind is "cultivated"?  Does it mean they have to see the world like you do?  By what standards do we judge one's mind?  And who determines that?  You?  The government?  That kind of thinking leads us down a very dark road.

Incidentally...Mr. "Locke" 556:

To love our neighbor as ourselves is such a truth for regulating human society, that by that alone one might determine all the cases in social morality.

- John Locke

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:41:15 PM EDT
[#44]
I cannot condone the termination of a human brain merely because it may choose at some point in the future to commit a crime.

Abortion should not be legal once brain activity has begun.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is not moral to allow murder to be the solution to a problem caused by voluntary action.  Thats all there is to it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:42:28 PM EDT
[#46]
OP, why not push for the elimination of the mother during the procedure as well?  Two birds with one stone, if you will. And a net gain for society.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That might be the most evil things I have ever read here on Arfcom.  What determines whether or not a mind is "cultivated"?  Does it mean they have to see the world like you do?  By what standards do we judge one's mind?  And who determines that?  You?  The government?  That kind of thinking leads us down a very dark road.

To love our neighbor as ourselves is such a truth for regulating human society, that by that alone one might determine all the cases in social morality.

- John Locke
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- John Locke

It's simple, we stop redistributing wealth from the successful to the unsuccessful. Nature will take care of the rest.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Abortion is bad, crime is bad.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:45:06 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Do you know how to read?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

best post of the day

you conducted a study?  

Do you know how to read?

Yes.  now what scientific study am I suppose to read?

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#50]
As much as I hate abortion, I can't imagine the third world hell the projects would be without it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top