Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Let us know how we can help. Good job saving your dog!
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:00:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

PM sent re: Upper
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Package on the way to you today op with the Upper for you

good luck in your recovery

PM sent re: Upper

gotcha back

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:02:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn. ...
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:04:48 PM EDT
[#4]
if anyone has a rear sight kicking around they would be willing to donate pm me for cordination
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:05:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn dude I hope they give you some pain meds, that's gotta be brutal on your feet.  

I'd like to think I would do the same for my dog, I wish you a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:06:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where at in Ohio?
View Quote

meyers rd

Geneva, ohio 44041
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Did we ever get sizes for OP i got new in package PT shirts I could send.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I have some extra sweats and a jacket or two if you wear XL.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:36:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Did we ever get sizes for OP i got new in package PT shirts I could send.
View Quote

Op updated 1st post with sizes
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 1:14:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

if anyone has a rear sight kicking around they would be willing to donate pm me for cordination
View Quote
I got one lying around.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#12]
right hand burns, middle finger and palm got the worst of it.

" />

both feet have such thick calluses on the heel and ball that the heat did not affect them, backpacking for the win!!!
the blue and black stuff is melted plastic that needs to be removed by scrubbing, metro was able to get most of it out.  hurts to walk right now

" />

THis is the burn they are most concerned with.

" />

And here is spencer before heading off into the forest for 4 days

" />

And here she is just after getting back from backpacking

" />

pain pills kicking in. going back to house tonight to speak with arson and fire people.

AAR coming soon, thanks for support.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz20/stevengstauffer/Mobile%20Uploads/20151124_135613_zpsayzdnuna.jpg</a>" />

both feet have such thick calluses on the heel and ball that the heat did not affect them, backpacking for the win!!!
the blue and black stuff is melted plastic that needs to be removed by scrubbing, metro was able to get most of it out.  hurts to walk right now

http://<a href=http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz20/stevengstauffer/Mobile%20Uploads/20151124_135621_zpse2hzpecs.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz20/stevengstauffer/Mobile%20Uploads/20151124_135618_zpsnbtebti2.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz20/stevengstauffer/Mobile%20Uploads/_20150928_171858_zpskziyggzq.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz20/stevengstauffer/Mobile%20Uploads/KIMG0048_zpsxah4s6px.jpg</a>" />

pain pills kicking in. going back to house tonight to speak with arson and fire people.

View Quote

That last picture of your dog is classic! Youre baddass for what you did!
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Hope you start feeling better soon, best wishes -T.C
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Take your time and get better. We're here for you.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:15:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Damn OP, you a big boy. I don't think I have anything even REMOTELY close to your size, and I thought I was big. 40" Waist, 13W Boots.

Offer on the beer stands. You're on the West side, you let me know.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:27:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll be in Youngstown for Thanksgiving, arriving in the afternoon on 11/25.  

If you need anything, let me know.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:34:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Holy cow OP, missed this thread somehow..glad you and the pup are ok..and man do them burns look painful...I don't think I have any clothes anywhere close to being near your size though...but will put you guys in the prayers .... does the pup let you out of her sight now?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:36:45 AM EDT
[#19]
This site always impresses me.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:38:16 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't have any close that would fit you, our I would send some your way.. Sorry..

As far as burns go,, I don't mean to sound like an asshole. Yes your toe is bad, but I have see worse.

Glad as hell you and the your puppy made it out.. Keep a stiff upper lip, I know the burn cleaning is going to SUCK ASS..

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:39:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Did the pup get burned any?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:49:52 AM EDT
[#22]
The fact that you saved your dog speaks volumes of your character, OP.

You are a good man.

ETA: Those burns look gnarly but nothing permanently debilitating.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:48:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:54:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Bump.

Gofundme is now active, see op's first page.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#25]
In
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz20/stevengstauffer/Mobile%20Uploads/20151124_135613_zpsayzdnuna.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz20/stevengstauffer/Mobile%20Uploads/20151124_135621_zpse2hzpecs.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz20/stevengstauffer/Mobile%20Uploads/20151124_135618_zpsnbtebti2.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz20/stevengstauffer/Mobile%20Uploads/_20150928_171858_zpskziyggzq.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz20/stevengstauffer/Mobile%20Uploads/KIMG0048_zpsxah4s6px.jpg</a>" />

View Quote
Yea... This calluses aren't from backpacking. More like from the extra weight the brass bowling balls in your pants add to the equation.

Glad your ok. Did the dag get burned?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Bump.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#28]
sent what i could. prayers sent. im in ne pa if ya need anything.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#29]
I lived in a trailer park called Rustic Cove on Meyers rd in Geneva Ohio.  I shared a trailer with my best friend Erin, i have know her for about 20 years.  I moved in with her 10 months ago to split living expense so we both would have more free money.

I woke up that Sunday feeling crappy.  Had a head ache all day.  Erin is a manager of a Taco Bell located in Madison.  She is proof that you can make OVER 15/hr at fast food if you WORK for it.  anyways, she had to work from 0800 to 1800.  There was a Thanksgiving party at Taco Bell at 1900 so I cooked the ham and yams for her.  She came home to get the food, changed cloths and left for the party, I passed out on the couch.
I woke up and there was smoke in the air.  I got up to make sure the oven was off, it was.  

something is not right.

I open up the front door and I see flames in the sunroom.  Small fire, I start grabbing stuff near, Garbage bag that did not make it to the curb yet, some empty cardboard boxes it and throw it out the front door hopeing to contain it.   I realize the fire has doubled in size.

Ok, plan B

I run back into the kitchen and open the closet where the fire extinguisher should be, it's not there.
WHOOSH, 1 lb bottles of Hodgen h335 are going off, fire is fucking huge now.

Fuck, Plan C, Retreat and regroup.

I yell out to Spencer "lets go" 99.9% of the time she will follow me, I heard her coming so I ran out the door into the sunroom and out the front door to the trailer across the street.  I "cop knock" the shit out of their door for about 5 seconds before I grab the door knob and throw it open.
"Fire, 911, Fire, 911"

I hear Kurt, the father in the trailer yell" ok, calling."  I turn to locate Spencer, she is not behind me.  I yell out to her.

She is still inside, GO NOW.

The Whole front of the sunroom is flames, I run through them and inside the door of the trailer.  My feet feel "sticky".  I get inside the trailer, Thick black smoke, it's like you can chew on it.  I'm chocking.  I can only see the light bulbs of my lamps and ceiling fan.  I'm almost blind.  I yell out "heel" the same time I see her on the couch. I run down the hallway, she passes me and I hear the squeaks from my bed, she jumped on it and lied down.  I stop at the back door that is in the hallway.  I struggle to disengage the dead bolt, I turn the doorknob. it turns but the door will not open.

Get out now or die

I slam my body into the door.  It flies open and I half fall, half stumble out it and down the three steps into the rear of the sunroom.  To my left is dim orange flame and heat, to my right is darkness.  I am suffocating now.  I use the front of the stairs to guide me to the rear wall, rear wall to the rear sunroom door.  I hit the door, I hear glass breaking.  The blackness turns clear as I taste fresh air.  I do a 360.  I don't see Spencer.  I try to yell out "Spencer, Come" twice.  My voice cracks, I can hear my fear in it.

Please God

I start to head back in when Spencer appears from the black smoke, tail wagging a million miles an hour.  I run back to Kurt's trailer.  Kurt, his wife and his 4 kids are outside.
"he's out, so is Spencer. Yes Yes, he got out please hurry" Kurt's wife is on the phone.
I ask for a phone, someone hands me one but the screen is locked.  I hand the phone back, its handed back to me with the dial pad showing.
I dial 911
"what city?"
"Geneva" trying to calm myself. line gets transferred, I'm coughing for a bit then put the phone back to my ear. "Hello are you there?"
"My name is Steven XXXXXXX, my house is on fire, 3107 s Meyers lot 59"
"The trailer park?"
"yes"
"Where in the park is you unit?"
"In the back, near Martha Ave but the rear gate is locked, you will have to ram it if you come down Martha."
"Fire trucks are on their way, they should be there soon"
"I'm injured, please send EMS also"
I hand the phone back with the operator still on the line.  I hear ammo popping off.  I tell Kurt to get his family to cover, I tell someone else to pound on my neibors door and get her out, she is not safe. Kurt's oldest  daughter makes Spencer follower her inside their trailer.  I stand 14 yards away watching my life turn to ash.  

A sheriff car and a red suv pull up, then leave.  30 seconds later the fire trucks are coming and the sheriff and the red suv come back.  A white shirt gets out of the red suv. i limp over to him and tell him to take cover, keep your people back.  He hears the ammo cooking off and asks what caliber, and how many.
"556, 30-06, 9mm.  2 30 rnd mags in living room, assorted reloads in sun room, bout 1000 rounds in back bedroom"
"how long has the fire been going?"
"Feels like hours sir, I'm sorry, I'm not sure."

Fire trucks are now surrounding my trailer.  Some time passes while the white shirt talks on the radio.  a women walks up and asks if I'm the home owner. I say yes and she want to treat me.  I refuse treatment at first. I tell her i am in shock and with the adrenaline I don't feel any pain.  Someone hands me a wet beach towel and I wrap my hand in it.  
I sit down on the road and watch the fire dept do their job for about 5 minutes.  I see a sheriff walking around.  I approach and ask if he has a phone I can use.  I explain that it is my trailer and my roommate needs to be contacted.  I did not know her cell number, but I knew taco bells number, XXX-6660, hence the nickname Toxic Hell.  He calls, I start to hurt and walk to the EMS unit.

TO BE CONTINUED

" />

" />

" />

" />

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Damn.

Prayers out to you and your friend.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:11:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Well shit OP, that rifle sure has some character now. Gofundme hit.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:14:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Mother of God man.  I could feel my heart rate increasing reading that.  Glad you and the pup are OK.  We got your back.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#33]
God bless you and your pup. $100 sent. Hope it helps. Thanks for being a great dog parent.

MP
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:27:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Donation sent. I wish you and spencer a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Trailer fire? You are fortunate to have made it out at all. They are bad.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#36]
tag. OP is about my size in clothes.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#37]
The hottest fire I've ever seen was a house trailer that had been ripped into big chunks and thrown in a pile.   It was unbelievable.

Glad you made it OP. Sounds like it was close.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:59:14 PM EDT
[#38]
I got some great winter stuff in that size and a good laptop ready to go for OP, just respond to my PM with your mailing details.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:15:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Donated.  God bless and I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Did the pup get burned any?
View Quote

No, spencer was unharmed
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Get well soon. I hope the the little I gave can help. Keep us updated.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Got a local ffl? I will send you a stripped anderson lower if nobody has offered yet.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:04:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I lived in a trailer park called Rustic Cove on Meyers rd in Geneva Ohio.  I shared a trailer with my best friend Erin, i have know her for about 20 years.  I moved in with her 10 months ago to split living expense so we both would have more free money.

I woke up that Sunday feeling crappy.  Had a head ache all day.  Erin is a manager of a Taco Bell located in Madison.  She is proof that you can make OVER 15/hr at fast food if you WORK for it.  anyways, she had to work from 0800 to 1800.  There was a Thanksgiving party at Taco Bell at 1900 so I cooked the ham and yams for her.  She came home to get the food, changed cloths and left for the party, I passed out on the couch.

I woke up and there was smoke in the air.  I got up to make sure the oven was off, it was.  

something is not right.

I open up the front door and I see flames in the sunroom.  Small fire, I start grabbing stuff near, Garbage bag that did not make it to the curb yet, some empty cardboard boxes it and throw it out the front door hopeing to contain it.   I realize the fire has doubled in size.

Ok, plan B

I run back into the kitchen and open the closet where the fire extinguisher should be, it's not there.

WHOOSH, 1 lb bottles of Hodgen h335 are going off, fire is fucking huge now.

Fuck, Plan C, Retreat and regroup.

I yell out to Spencer "lets go" 99.9% of the time she will follow me, I heard her coming so I ran out the door into the sunroom and out the front door to the trailer across the street.  I "cop knock" the shit out of their door for about 5 seconds before I grab the door knob and throw it open.

"Fire, 911, Fire, 911"

I hear Kurt, the father in the trailer yell" ok, calling."  I turn to locate Spencer, she is not behind me.  I yell out to her.

She is still inside, GO NOW.

The Whole front of the sunroom is flames, I run through them and inside the door of the trailer.  My feet feel "sticky".  I get inside the trailer, Thick black smoke, it's like you can chew on it.  I'm chocking.  I can only see the light bulbs of my lamps and ceiling fan.  I'm almost blind.  I yell out "heel" the same time I see her on the couch. I run down the hallway, she passes me and I hear the squeaks from my bed, she jumped on it and lied down.  I stop at the back door that is in the hallway.  I struggle to disengage the dead bolt, I turn the doorknob. it turns but the door will not open.

Get out now or die

I slam my body into the door.  It flies open and I half fall, half stumble out it and down the three steps into the rear of the sunroom.  To my left is dim orange flame and heat, to my right is darkness.  I am suffocating now.  I use the front of the stairs to guide me to the rear wall, rear wall to the rear sunroom door.  I hit the door, I hear glass breaking.  The blackness turns clear as I taste fresh air.  I do a 360.  I don't see Spencer.  I try to yell out "Spencer, Come" twice.  My voice cracks, I can hear my fear in it.

Please God

I start to head back in when Spencer appears from the black smoke, tail wagging a million miles an hour.  I run back to Kurt's trailer.  Kurt, his wife and his 4 kids are outside.

"he's out, so is Spencer. Yes Yes, he got out please hurry" Kurt's wife is on the phone.

I ask for a phone, someone hands me one but the screen is locked.  I hand the phone back, its handed back to me with the dial pad showing.

I dial 911

"what city?"

"Geneva" trying to calm myself. line gets transferred, I'm coughing for a bit then put the phone back to my ear. "Hello are you there?"

"My name is Steven XXXXXXX, my house is on fire, 3107 s Meyers lot 59"

"The trailer park?"

"yes"

"Where in the park is you unit?"

"In the back, near Martha Ave but the rear gate is locked, you will have to ram it if you come down Martha."

"Fire trucks are on their way, they should be there soon"

"I'm injured, please send EMS also"

I hand the phone back with the operator still on the line.  I hear ammo popping off.  I tell Kurt to get his family to cover, I tell someone else to pound on my neibors door and get her out, she is not safe. Kurt's oldest  daughter makes Spencer follower her inside their trailer.  I stand 14 yards away watching my life turn to ash.  

A sheriff car and a red suv pull up, then leave.  30 seconds later the fire trucks are coming and the sheriff and the red suv come back.  A white shirt gets out of the red suv. i limp over to him and tell him to take cover, keep your people back.  He hears the ammo cooking off and asks what caliber, and how many.

"556, 30-06, 9mm.  2 30 rnd mags in living room, assorted reloads in sun room, bout 1000 rounds in back bedroom"

"how long has the fire been going?"

"Feels like hours sir, I'm sorry, I'm not sure."

Fire trucks are now surrounding my trailer.  Some time passes while the white shirt talks on the radio.  a women walks up and asks if I'm the home owner. I say yes and she want to treat me.  I refuse treatment at first. I tell her i am in shock and with the adrenaline I don't feel any pain.  Someone hands me a wet beach towel and I wrap my hand in it.  

I sit down on the road and watch the fire dept do their job for about 5 minutes.  I see a sheriff walking around.  I approach and ask if he has a phone I can use.  I explain that it is my trailer and my roommate needs to be contacted.  I did not know her cell number, but I knew taco bells number, XXX-6660, hence the nickname Toxic Hell.  He calls, I start to hurt and walk to the EMS unit.

TO BE CONTINUED

http://<a href=http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz20/stevengstauffer/20151125_101505_zpsyevbszkj.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz20/stevengstauffer/20151125_104605_zpsgcvplxys.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz20/stevengstauffer/20151125_093021_zpsdmlc7vqd.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz20/stevengstauffer/20151125_092935_zpsmfk1u6dt.jpg</a>" />

View Quote
Damn....

You saved the pup and possibly others. Material items are replaceable. Yes, it is hard when you lost everything you own. But everything is replaceable.

Arfcom is here. We're a generous place and when one of our own is hurt. We step up and come in. Take the time you need. Get things in order. We're here for you.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:20:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm in to help for an upper for that lower.  Fuck leaving a dude defenseless.  PM me to coordinate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey op, I have a complete spikes lower with a moe stock that I am not using. Its yours if you want it, IM me so I can get it sent to you.

I'm in to help for an upper for that lower.  Fuck leaving a dude defenseless.  PM me to coordinate.

I offered a anderson lower, if he gets the spikes lower let me know as i will send some ammo and a couple mags instead
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Bump
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Hit for $50 and a bump brother.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Op, I have some 3xl shirts/jackets etc I can send, shoot me a PM when you get time.

God Bless,

Rocco

ETA:
We use Glock 17 Sims for FATS, Simunitions, FoF, and Retention drills.....are you right or left handed?  IWB or OWB?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Bump.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top