Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:38:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
People who want to date for over a year IMO are afraid of commitment, at that point it's time to make a call, in or out, stop riding the fence. Hell I married my wife after only dating 3 months, 8 years ago. These people that I hear about that have been dating for 5 years...I'm just like "wow...idiots" There wasting there time getting older with someone they wont marry. And as it sounds like you are finding out, the older someone gets (single), the more baggage and problems they are likely to have, as well as the more likely they are to be selfish. Selfish doesn't work in marriage.
View Quote

And what about the people that aren't religious and don't want the government in their lives? Marriage has become an institution of the state. You can be committed without signing a bunch of papers for a tax status.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I suspect you are referring to the bolded portion, as was I.  I thought I had bolded it in my original post.  Oops.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a fine line to walk. A woman that is too bold and direct often ends up characterized as a bitch. We are taught from an early age to be somewhat indirect in communication and avoid confrontation. It can be hard to buck up and say "you're not the one for me," and much easier to just let things fade away without giving the person a definitive no. Not saying it's right, just calling it like I see it.

Ya think?

What she said...

I suspect you are referring to the bolded portion, as was I.  I thought I had bolded it in my original post.  Oops.

Yep.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:38:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Personal attacks are a coc violation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a fine line to walk. A woman that is too bold and direct often ends up characterized as a bitch. We are taught from an early age to be somewhat indirect in communication and avoid confrontation. It can be hard to buck up and say "you're not the one for me," and much easier to just let things fade away without giving the person a definitive no. Not saying it's right, just calling it like I see it.

Ya think?

Bull shit, they don't say no becouse that guys plan b if the other guy they have a date with that weekend dosent work out.

I suspect you are correct in some cases, but not all.  Just like the fact that you are apparently borderline illiterate and given to horseshit over generalizations, doesn't mean all men are thus afflicted.

is it really an attack if someone points out the truth? [i think not]
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya think?

Bull shit, they don't say no becouse that guys plan b if the other guy they have a date with that weekend dosent work out.

I suspect you are correct in some cases, but not all.  Just like the fact that you are apparently borderline illiterate and given to horseshit over generalizations, doesn't mean all men are thus afflicted.

Stating an obvious truth isn't a personal attack; it is stating an obvious truth.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:41:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Oh my.  Beautiful flowers but that's going to take some getting used to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya think?

Time for a change.  It was either this or cut my hair.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya think?

Nice to know you haven't *given up* and refuse to be attractive.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:48:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

you mean:
be respectful (listen to her when she's talking even if you're playing HALO, etc)
be chivalrous (open doors, dont yell or talk down to her, walk behind her going up stairs and in front of her going down stairs, always pay for the activities you do together, have a job, etc)
have honor (get to actually know her instead of turning your nose up at her because she has an ankle tattoo or is a size 10)

the world is full of guys, be a man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm 25 and will admit that I've never really had much luck with dating. Part of the problem is definitely the absurd criteria on the part of the other half... and the fat ones...

That being said I chalk it up to fairly short, fit but not terribly attractive, gun-loving, video gamers not being in particularly high demand... Meh.

you mean:
be respectful (listen to her when she's talking even if you're playing HALO, etc)
be chivalrous (open doors, dont yell or talk down to her, walk behind her going up stairs and in front of her going down stairs, always pay for the activities you do together, have a job, etc)
have honor (get to actually know her instead of turning your nose up at her because she has an ankle tattoo or is a size 10)

the world is full of guys, be a man.

I'm well aware of how to treat women, thanks. The point is that a lot of them expect an early 2000's Brat Pitt or whoever the current obsession is. Kinda like how people here don't like pointy elbows, it goes both ways.

Christ, make some more assumptions...
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#8]
As a soon to be divorced guy of 55 years of age, you people are depressing me  
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Things you're taught from childhood tend to stick with you. Yes, they can be overcome, but they tend to be default behaviors in stressful settings. I agree that people need to get over it, though. I tend to prefer direct communication. On the upside, if they're indirect about that sort of stuff, they're also the sort to be indirect about things that are bothering them, a la "IF YOU DON'T KNOW, I'M NOT TELLING YOU!!! "
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In response to the bold above; my biggest gripe isn't if I meet their criteria, rather it's the lack of them being direct and stating they're not interested.  Do I have my own strict criteria?  Aye I do so I have no qualms being judged by a similar strict one on her end either.

Last 3 dates seemed to be a good conversation and all the signs were there of interests.  With 2 of them I was quite interested in getting to know better afterwards and they agreed to meeting again yet when following up them via phone their interest dies right off.  I know better than to keep harping a dead instrument so once they stop responding I move on but it's quite annoying to not just be direct and flat out state they enjoyed the conversation, coffee, whatever and don't want to pursue more.  

That won't affect me in the slightest and lets me move on with my day instead of wasting my time and thoughts with them which frankly gets tiring.  Doing that is worse than thinking they're trying to not hurt my feelings by saying it like it is, same mentality they have from their youth that they apparently haven't grown out of.

Quite frankly, I would give more benefit to the "bitch" for being honest than the one who dragged it out with a lie.  

At that age they should have figured out how to kindly state they're not interested.  If the guy takes it the wrong way that's his problem, not hers.  Either way she made the choice to move on so why should she care what he thinks of her regardless?

Poor logic IMO.

Things you're taught from childhood tend to stick with you. Yes, they can be overcome, but they tend to be default behaviors in stressful settings. I agree that people need to get over it, though. I tend to prefer direct communication. On the upside, if they're indirect about that sort of stuff, they're also the sort to be indirect about things that are bothering them, a la "IF YOU DON'T KNOW, I'M NOT TELLING YOU!!! "

Not disagreeing there, easy to see they're not worth my time with antics like that; just frustrating seeing this often resulting in having the tendency to give me cynical moods.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:53:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm well aware of how to treat women, thanks. The point is that a lot of them expect an early 2000's Brat Pitt or whoever the current obsession is.
View Quote

hey, you're the one who's single.. I've been with my wife for over 15 years and have 3 children.  so you might try closing your mouth and taking some notes, because you're doing it wrong..

I'd say that you're fishing outside your slot limit for starters..
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:54:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya think?

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:55:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't be.  

Want a date?  Here's how-

1) Raise your dating stock price- go out with good looking friends, male or female, they make you look desirable.
2) Be desirable.  Keep yourself looking sharp, not 3-piece suit sharp but ditch the grungy t-shirt in public.
3) Go talk to people, lots of them, you'll have no clue where the connection will be made so shotgun approach.  Know something about everything and everything about something, now you can communicate with anyone.
4) Be reasonable in your expectations.  45lbs overweight and balding?  That 21 year old bombshell doesn't care about you, move along.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya think?

I suppose that may be the case sometimes. And and sometimes, they're just not interested. And sometimes, guys just can't take a hint no matter how you lay it on them.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Bullshit. They don't say no because that guy is plan-b if the other guy they have a date with that weekend doesn't work out.
View Quote

if she's even thinking about dating someone else while she's dating you, you're doing it wrong.
(either you picked the wrong girl, or you dont bring enough to the table to afford the ante)
-based on your grammatical errors, I'd say it's probably the latter.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

People who want to date for over a year IMO are afraid of commitment, at that point it's time to make a call, in or out, stop riding the fence. Hell I married my wife after only dating 3 months, 8 years ago. These people that I hear about that have been dating for 5 years...I'm just like "wow...idiots" There wasting there time getting older with someone they wont marry. And as it sounds like you are finding out, the older someone gets (single), the more baggage and problems they are likely to have, as well as the more likely they are to be selfish. Selfish doesn't work in marriage.
View Quote

It's well known that most people put up a front in the beginning of relationships. They want to show the best and none of the worst. A man would be a fool to rush into something that may destroy him financially. I guess that's why marrying while young is a better option. Most haven't acquired much, so there's not a whole lot to lose at first.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

hey, you're the one who's single.. I've been with my wife for over 15 years and have 3 children.  so you might try closing your mouth and taking some notes, because you're doing it wrong..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm well aware of how to treat women, thanks. The point is that a lot of them expect an early 2000's Brat Pitt or whoever the current obsession is.

You're assuming that I am searching or desperate. I am neither, thank you very much. I don't need notes, I just haven't found a good match yet since I have unpopular interests. No big deal. God damn man...

Any other assumptions, or are you done being a prick?
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:05:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You're assuming that I am searching or desperate. I am neither, thank you very much.

Any other assumptions?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're assuming that I am searching or desperate. I am neither, thank you very much.

Any other assumptions?

you're the one posting about how it's always the woman's fault and never yours.. (in a thread on dating woes).
they're not assumptions, they're observations..
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Maybe go younger?

Not really that strange for a girl who is 20-24 to date a guy that's 25-30.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have stopped looking and started working on myself. Get my shit together, be the man that they all want and I will have the attention of the few good ones.
View Quote

You should have all of the qualities that you are looking for in a mate. If you don't you may miss out. She may be your perfect match but you may not be hers.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

you're the one posting about how it's always the woman's fault and never yours.. (in a thread on dating woes).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any other assumptions?

You are really, REALLY bad at "observing."

Here is an exact copy/paste of what I typed that you quoted:

"I'm 25 and will admit that I've never really had much luck with dating. Part of the problem is definitely the absurd criteria on the part of the other half... and the fat ones...

That being said I chalk it up to fairly short, fit but not terribly attractive, gun-loving, video gamers not being in particularly high demand... Meh. "

I literally said that it goes both ways and that in my case it is probably me and I'm fine with that. I did not say " it's always the woman's fault and never mine.. "... Not even close. The exact opposite, in fact.

Wanna try again?
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See, Naamah was right: if I said this, I'd be thought a bitch.

Growing up, my father told me it was a man's world - and would likely remain one for my lifetime - so I should look like a lady, act like a woman, and think like a man.  I've lived his advice and been generally content with the results, if for no other reason than it tends to weed out the whiney little bitchmales.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:15:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Doesn't get any better. My ex of just over 10 years left last October. In just over a year. I haven't really found a single woman worth the time. I mean there is one im kinda close with but shes got her own issues to deal with.

Most are single because they are fucking NUTS
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Growing up, my father told me it was a man's world - and would likely remain one for my lifetime - so I should look like a lady, act like a woman, and think like a man.  I've lived his advice and been generally content with the results, if for no other reason than it tends to weed out the whiney little bitchmales.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please consider the context in which I said what I did there. It was in reference to my original post in the thread:

"I'm 25 and will admit that I've never really had much luck with dating. Part of the problem is definitely the absurd criteria on the part of the other half... and the fat ones...

That being said I chalk it up to fairly short, fit but not terribly attractive, gun-loving, video gamers not being in particularly high demand... Meh. "

Tappered-pin merely did a great job of "creatively interpreting" my words. Better yet, simply read the post directly above yours.

You still can't deny that some women have really, unreasonably high expectations, just like some men.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:19:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry to break this to you bud , but these guys are lamenting the pool of available women in their late 20's early 30's,

This is multiplied 100 times by the time you hit 40s ( I was divorced when I was 39 ) , I was dating in my late 30's and yes it was easy to run though hood rats but trying to find a woman worthy of a long term relationship was a serious challenge!

I lucked out big time and found one thank god (35 no kids , career, total sweet heart) , and we met totally randomly , no tinder involved.....

I'd recommend forgot the dating sites, women pretty much put the age limit on searching at 40-41, just get out there and try and meet them.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:27:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Past 30 you'll see a difference in the women to choose from.  Physically they're going downhill, mentally they've been outcast for a long time already.

Find yourself a 20 something in her prime and stick with her if it works out.
View Quote

Once they hit 40, all they have left to offer is Bitching.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:29:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Past 30 you'll see a difference in the women to choose from.  Physically they're going downhill, mentally they've been outcast for a long time already.

Find yourself a 20 something in her prime and stick with her if it works out.

Seems to be common among single folks from both genders once they hit that age.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
See, Naamah was '] I'd be thought a bitch[/span].
View All Quotes
Quoted:

not by anyone that matters, ma'am..

[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:[/span]
Tappered-pin merely did a great job of "creatively interpreting" my words. Better yet, simply read the post directly above yours.
You still can't deny that some women have really, unreasonably high expectations, just like some men.

Obrez, I'm sorry if i hurt your feelings or otherwise implied something that was NOT a trait of yours.
My extremely general statements DO actually apply to many many peopleyoung men your age.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Obrez, I'm sorry if i hurt your feelings or otherwise implied something that was NOT a trait of yours.
My extremely general statements DO actually apply to many many people your age.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:[/span]

My extremely general statements DO actually apply to many many people your age.

Meh, can't argue with that one.

And my feelings are not hurt by mere words on the internet. I simply like making sure what I mean is clear The way things were quoted certainly did not work in my favor.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

In this case she was a nice young band type girl, went in the military and made a bad decision with a guy who got kicked out for drugs and is a shitbird. Now she has grown up and is responsible. The kids dad expresses interest in being a father but has no idea what that means. He's a pothead loser trying to hang with liberal shithead college kids, no job worth a fuck but acts like she's being unreasonable for not giving up her job and stable environment for her kid, to move to MN, where the guy lives with his parents and is a general useless pos.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I work with a nice girl, 26 yrs old, fit brunette, just got out of the Marines 3 yrs ago, has a cute as a button 4 yr old daughter and is looking for a good guy. She's a great cook and she has a good job/money. Also a nice house in the north woods of WI. So far though. she's been a magnet for shitheads. Currently involved with a 30 yr old who lives with his momma and just spends his money on his selfish BS. She's been off and on with this guy for a while, waiting for someone better.

lol!  I worked with a lawyer who used to practice divorce and dealt exclusively with the stupid rich.  I'm talking spending $50,000 in fees arguing over a $1,000 dining room table rich.  She made a brilliant observation that everyone is a little crazy and that a 3 on the crazy scale does not attract a 9.  In other words, your woman Marine may appear to have all her shit in one sock, but shes just as crazy as the company she keeps.

In this case she was a nice young band type girl, went in the military and made a bad decision with a guy who got kicked out for drugs and is a shitbird. Now she has grown up and is responsible. The kids dad expresses interest in being a father but has no idea what that means. He's a pothead loser trying to hang with liberal shithead college kids, no job worth a fuck but acts like she's being unreasonable for not giving up her job and stable environment for her kid, to move to MN, where the guy lives with his parents and is a general useless pos.

Water seeks it's own level.

If they seek losers, then they fall into that category.... Always, No exceptions.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Pegging.  Learn about it.
View Quote
The process by which a peanut plant creates shoots from the flower into the soil to form a peanut?

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Marriage holds no benefit to men anymore, why in the H3LL do you think that should be an end goal.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

First time I've heard that particular euphemism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My biggest fear if somehow my wife dies is fighting off the hordes of women bringing pies, cakes, and cookies, and trying to get me to refinish furniture for them.

Yes, he's going to rejoint their dovetails.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:58:47 AM EDT
[#33]
I have always had good luck with 18-24 year olds.  I have what they are looking for.  A nice house on a nice piece of land, nice car, truck, motorcycle, boat, and I wear a uniform for work.  I take the occasional community college class and it's like shooting fish in a barrel and my looks are definitely not what they used to before 30... but I'm not a beta little bitch when it comes to talking to women.  Heck I took the short state required life insurance sales class for one weekend and got two from there.  Just frequent the places the women are and have a little game and you will profit.  And it helps if you're not a basement dwelling neck beard pussy weirdo.

Plenty of them have been crazy, getting the cops called on us, one stabbing me with a butterfly knife, just plain psycho, and a whole host of other issues but I'm having fun which is what I want.  

I will not date a chick with kids, I'm there to play daddy for her not her offspring from another man.

Keep in mind I have been married three times and do not care to be in a long relationship at this time.

Sorry, I forgot what advice I was going to offer when I started typing.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My biggest fear if somehow my wife dies is fighting off the hordes of women bringing pies, cakes, and cookies, and trying to get me to refinish furniture for them.

That sounds amazing. *swoon*
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:14:38 PM EDT
[#35]
What's the geography of the naysayers here?

I'm in the Dallas area, and finding attractive and successful women to go out with is not difficult.  It takes patience to find one you really click really well with, but that's a feature, not a bug.

It's a similar scene in most major cities in the US.  Attractive and successful guys in their 20s or very early 30s are more rare than attractive and successful girls. The numbers are in our favor. But you're not attractive if you have a "fuck women, they just want to stare at their smart phone" attitude. You ooze it.

Fix yourself and refocus your game.  If you live somewhere like Cheyenne, then sorry, you're going to have to play the hand you're dealt.

Have a good job, drive a nice car, be funny, and you'll clean up your pick of the litter.

Or bitch about women on the internet. Surely it's not your fault.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Dating

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:21:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'd like to have kids of my own, but the drama and complications of being in a relationship with someone who has a kid is just not something I'm interested in. I agree on tattoos. One of two small ones on the ankle or whatever can be cute, but sleeves and huge blobs of ink on the chest or back is entirely unappealing to me.    

I'm not under some illusion that I'm Don Quixote, but I'm also not chasing after super models and lamenting over the fact that Olivia Wilde isn't clamoring at my doorstep begging to fuck me, either. I don't think my standards are unreasonable, all I want is a girl that can run at least a mile without having a heart attack, doesn't have any kids, and has read a book on their own volition since high school. Apparently that's too much to ask for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I deleted all my dating apps, and have stopped pursuing any kind of relationship. All the single women my age I came across are either fat, have kids, covered in tattoos, or some combination thereof. Fuck it, time to get a fleshlight.

Exactly what I did. I now am on my 2nd fleshlight. I don't do kids, I do not like obese women, and I hate hate visable tattoos on a woman. Some are okay, but not full sleeve, fuck that.
I'd like to have kids of my own, but the drama and complications of being in a relationship with someone who has a kid is just not something I'm interested in. I agree on tattoos. One of two small ones on the ankle or whatever can be cute, but sleeves and huge blobs of ink on the chest or back is entirely unappealing to me.    

I'm not under some illusion that I'm Don Quixote, but I'm also not chasing after super models and lamenting over the fact that Olivia Wilde isn't clamoring at my doorstep begging to fuck me, either. I don't think my standards are unreasonable, all I want is a girl that can run at least a mile without having a heart attack, doesn't have any kids, and has read a book on their own volition since high school. Apparently that's too much to ask for.

You're not going to do very well with women who read books, Don.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
But you're not attractive if you have a "fuck women, they just want to stare at their smart phone" attitude. You ooze it.

Fix yourself and refocus your game.  
View Quote

I find this to also be an important factor. Resentful, bitter, and/or utterly disinterested people don't tend to make a person feel welcome or appreciated, unless they're complete sociopaths. Attitude can make a big difference.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I found alot of women 24 to 30, have a guy they are off and on with nonstop.  It's the guy they really like but he's a shit head, they have this notion that they can "fix him" or that he's "changed this time".

Then 2 or 3 months later they are "broken up" and she's out dating.  Then 2 or 3 weeks the basic dick shows back up and she runs right back.
View Quote

Boys do the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I deleted all my dating apps, and have stopped pursuing any kind of relationship. All the single women my age I came across are either fat, have kids, covered in tattoos, or some combination thereof. Fuck it, time to get a fleshlight.

Exactly what I did. I now am on my 2nd fleshlight. I don't do kids, I do not like obese women, and I hate hate visable tattoos on a woman. Some are okay, but not full sleeve, fuck that.

*gasp*
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You're still fucked up. Be the man you want to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have stopped looking and started working on myself. Get my shit together, be the man that they all want and I will have the attention of the few good ones.

You're still fucked up. Be the man you want to be.

You put out what you are looking in a woman.

If you want a woman who is in shape, do you think they want to date a fatty? If you want a woman who wants kids and a serious relationship do you go to the bar 3 or 4 nights a week?
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:01:01 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm running on around 4 hours sleep, so if I sound like an angry asshole I apologize ahead of time.

I'm 32. Never been married. No kids. I've been told I have a good sense of humor, up until two weeks ago I had two jobs (worked 60-70 hours a week between them). I have my own apartment, and my own car. I was somewhat close to marriage once, but fate decided that wasn't going to happen.

I have absolutely zero luck dating. I've since deleted my profiles from the two dating things I've used (Tinder and OKC). Prior to the "quickmatch" thing that has become so common (you know, back when you had to send and actually read messages) my rate of return was somewhere in the nature of 2-5% (I'm not joking), and of those 2-5% I literally would get maybe 2-3 dates out of them and them they would ghost. Once the quickmatch (read: Tinder) thing started, I messed with it, and had a higher rate of initial return, maybe 10-15%, but the percentage of those that would go out was  lower than the previous people, so I stopped that as well.

There were a couple of things I noticed that were constants in the profiles I would look at: All claimed to want nice guys, all claimed to want to settle down, all claimed to be down to Earth, and most had kids. The overwhelming majority of them wouldn't send replies to any messages, no matter how they were worded, or what pictures I'd use in my profile. I'd see that they had looked at my profile after I sent them the message, then they'd obviously see shit in my profile that they didn't like and *poof* they're gone. I had at least one ask me what my education level was, and I told her I had an associate's degree (in reality I'm about a year away from a Bachelor's) and then she ghosted on me, but not before telling me that she "didn't think it would work out in the long run because I didn't have a Bachelor's." Jesus H Christ people, what happened to trying to go on a journey and adventure? When did we start living life based on a manual?

As time goes on, I find myself becoming increasingly bitter and frustrated with the whole dating thing. Most of my friends are married and/or have kids. I have people tell me all the time that "it will happen when it's time" or that I'm a "nice guy," and all of the people that say that shit are married (and a few have been married multiple times). Every time I hear someone say that shit I want to slap them square in the face.

I have no fucking clue how any of it works. All I know is that I don't have fun trying anymore. It's a game that's rigged, with rules that constantly change, that were written by big fat liars who either aren't honest with themselves or aren't honest with other people. The only way to win is not to play, which is ironic because when everyone does that, everyone loses.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#43]
I can't imagine being that young and single today. With Tinder, online dating, and the hookup culture I would be kayaking down a Class 5 rapids of vagina.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm running on around 4 hours sleep, so if I sound like an angry asshole I apologize ahead of time.

I'm 32. Never been married. No kids. I've been told I have a good sense of humor, up until two weeks ago I had two jobs (worked 60-70 hours a week between them). I have my own apartment, and my own car. I was somewhat close to marriage once, but fate decided that wasn't going to happen.

I have absolutely zero luck dating. I've since deleted my profiles from the two dating things I've used (Tinder and OKC). Prior to the "quickmatch" thing that has become so common (you know, back when you had to send and actually read messages) my rate of return was somewhere in the nature of 2-5% (I'm not joking), and of those 2-5% I literally would get maybe 2-3 dates out of them and them they would ghost. Once the quickmatch (read: Tinder) thing started, I messed with it, and had a higher rate of initial return, maybe 10-15%, but the percentage of those that would go out was  lower than the previous people, so I stopped that as well.

There were a couple of things I noticed that were constants in the profiles I would look at: All claimed to want nice guys, all claimed to want to settle down, all claimed to be down to Earth, and most had kids. The overwhelming majority of them wouldn't send replies to any messages, no matter how they were worded, or what pictures I'd use in my profile. I'd see that they had looked at my profile after I sent them the message, then they'd obviously see shit in my profile that they didn't like and *poof* they're gone. I had at least one ask me what my education level was, and I told her I had an associate's degree (in reality I'm about a year away from a Bachelor's) and then she ghosted on me, but not before telling me that she "didn't think it would work out in the long run because I didn't have a Bachelor's." Jesus H Christ people, what happened to trying to go on a journey and adventure? When did we start living life based on a manual?

As time goes on, I find myself becoming increasingly bitter and frustrated with the whole dating thing. Most of my friends are married and/or have kids. I have people tell me all the time that "it will happen when it's time" or that I'm a "nice guy," and all of the people that say that shit are married (and a few have been married multiple times). Every time I hear someone say that shit I want to slap them square in the face.

I have no fucking clue how any of it works. All I know is that I don't have fun trying anymore. It's a game that's rigged, with rules that constantly change, that were written by big fat liars who either aren't honest with themselves or aren't honest with other people. The only way to win is not to play, which is ironic because when everyone does that, everyone loses.

View Quote

There are a lot of bots on Tinder, so that might be part of your problem.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Its really hard to meet good girls anymore. Somehow though I get really lucky!
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

You speak with a lot of confidence for someone who has no idea what they're talking about.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You speak with a lot of confidence for someone who has no idea what they're talking about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously. I would put a year dating to be a bare minimum.  A lot of new things can be learned from a person 8-10-12-14 months after knowing them.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a euphemism? Huh.  Between my roommate and I, we have so many actual furniture requests from women that we could furnish a house!
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe you're better after more sleep, but you sound completely undateable to me.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I can't imagine being that young and single today. With Tinder, online dating, and the hookup culture I would be kayaking down a Class 5 rapids of vagina.
View Quote

Not necessarily. A woman on Tinder can literally have her pick from the 1-3% of super attractive men who have a lot going for them. Your average guy is nothing more then a chump on there. An average woman can swipe 1000 times and will match with EVERY single male. An average guy can swipe 1000 times and will get bots/people running scams and average looking females. You need to look like a freaking model or millionaire to really be successful.

I put a few pics of me around he city I live in and would get maybe 1 match per day. I put up pics of me traveling/doing things in other states and my matches more then tripled.  Same person, same looks, same profile... Just the impression that I travel a lot/do expensive things (Snowboarding, scuba diving, mountain climbing, etc.) increased the matches. Also noticed when I'm traveling out of state and they know your just passing through you have a massive increase of matches.

Females on social media can afford to be super picky because they get hundreds of messages/matches a week. Imagine that. Imagine if you had several hundred women messaging you a week wanting to date/fuck/hang out. Why not pick the top 1-3%
. Thats why most women never message back on Tinder an stuff.... They get so many messages it takes forever to dig through them all.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top