Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2015 8:42:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.tnonline.com/2015/sep/02/one-officer-flown-following-assault-west-penn-township

She approached the car and a black male came around the car, picked her up and threw her down the embankment. Her officer down alert went off and police from Carbon and Schuylkill counties rushed to the scene
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:47:38 PM EDT
[#2]
didn't the boston shooting use a disabled vehicle as bait too
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#4]
When will the great enabler speak?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:52:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

He's busy drinking piss in AK.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

too busy with his gay lover like during Benghazi.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:30:07 PM EDT
[#8]
It is getting out of hand and is not going to end up like the string pullers intended.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Officer down alert?

Is that like the alert things for when old people fall down?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Officer down alert?

View Quote

Actually,  it looks like it is tied into the EAS system.   ( like Amber alerts )

The legislation would require that the following criteria be met to activate the system:

• A law enforcement officer was killed or seriously injured by an offender;

• The offender poses a serious risk or threat to the public and other law enforcement;

• The offender’s vehicle, vehicle tag, or partial tag is available for broadcast; and

• The law enforcement agency recommends activation of the system.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And a recent one in south Mississippi. Cop loosed his k9 from the car and pup took a tasty bite out of the perps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
didn't the boston shooting use a disabled vehicle as bait too

And a recent one in south Mississippi. Cop loosed his k9 from the car and pup took a tasty bite out of the perps.

I remember that one. Amazing how a bad guy gets a change of heart when the dogs are released.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Schuylkill County ain't Baltimore
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:43:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuckity fuck fuck fuck
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:45:10 PM EDT
[#15]
In before situational awareness posts!

In before women shouldn't be cops posts!

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote
You really want to hear what that fuck has to say about how his sons need space to destroy?

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:56:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Officer down alert?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:59:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Funniest thing I've read all week!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:02:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

Monroe Cty seems to be getting there though.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:04:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Baltimore would be scared of most of the residents of Schuylkill Co...
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:08:24 PM EDT
[#21]
So disabled vehicles seems to equate to ambushes now. They seem to be using vehicles to get an Officer to respond and then attack. Wonder If anyone would be offended if we start jumping out with M4's?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:17:38 PM EDT
[#22]
State Police are searching for two Hispanic males who stabbed the female during a traffic stop. My in-laws live there and are crapping themselves. FIL has the Fudd guns loaded for bear.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/pennsylvania/218537-barbie-dolls-coal-region-pennsylvania.html
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:22:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Wonder If anyone would be offended if we start jumping out with M4's?
View Quote

Nope
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:30:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Is my crystal ball calibrated?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:43:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Why does Allentown sound familiar? Was there something else happened there recently?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:51:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

So disabled vehicles seems to equate to ambushes now. They seem to be using vehicles to get an Officer to respond and then attack. Wonder If anyone would be offended if we start jumping out with M4's?
View Quote
I wouldn't like it but very much understand why you would want to.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:54:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Officer down alert?
View Quote

A great big orange button.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
In before situational awareness posts!

In before women shouldn't be cops posts!

View Quote

I know some amazing female cops......but then I know some stupid, worthless, dangerous cops of both sexes as well.

I now feel it's individual choice if you want to be a cop and are not qualified.

Oh sure I would hate be be partnered with such a piece of shit cop, but then it's my choice to stay or quit if I can't change the situation and get a better partner.

On the other hand the job is a blast with a good partner (male or female)
It's all about choices.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:57:55 PM EDT
[#30]

This seems about right!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:59:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Why does Allentown sound familiar? Was there something else happened there recently?
View Quote

Its a shithole

and

Billy Joel

and if you watch Greg Gutfeld he mentions Allentown a lot, because that is where he is from
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:02:26 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote
Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka was just arrested for allegedly killing his girlfriend there in the early 80's
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:12:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka was just arrested for allegedly killing his girlfriend there in the early 80's
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the most recent.  

There is always something going on there     That an allot of traffic fatalities.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:24:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It is getting out of hand and is not going to end up like the string pullers intended.
View Quote

I'm not sure what the string pullers intent is.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:28:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cloward Piven, basically.

Then Marxism.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:32:19 PM EDT
[#36]
One thing this makes clear to me is that we need to get back to the policy of two cops to a car , every car, that we had up until the 80s at least. I can't remember when it started getting changed everywhere, but budget cuts in some places started going to one officer per car. I will redact that 80s thing, if I'm wrong, just going on memory, but I know for a fact, in SC and NC anyway, there were almost always two to a car back in the 70s at least. That would really cut down on a lot of this.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Actually,  it looks like it is tied into the EAS system.   ( like Amber alerts )

The legislation would require that the following criteria be met to activate the system:

• The offender poses a serious risk or threat to the public and other law enforcement;
  • The offender’s vehicle, vehicle tag, or partial tag is available for broadcast; and

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Officer down alert?

More likely a man-down button on the radio. Some of them will go off if the radio is horizontal for a set amount of time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:36:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
One thing this makes clear to me is that we need to get back to the policy of two cops to a car , every car, that we had up until the 80s at least. I can't remember when it started getting changed everywhere, but budget cuts in some places started going to one officer per car. I will redact that 80s thing, if I'm wrong, just going on memory, but I know for a fact, in SC and NC anyway, there were almost always two to a car back in the 70s at least. That would really cut down on a lot of this.
View Quote

We had a discussion about that issue some years back here on ARFCOM, and I raised the same concerns that you do.  As I understand it, budgetary constraints brought the curtain down on two-man patrol units in most areas.

Not being an LEO myself, I was assured by many LEOs here that they didn't feel they needed two-man patrol units anyway, with backup readily available by radio, and I deferred to their expert opinions as being more valid than my own.

I wonder, though, if any of them are having a change of heart about that.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:40:53 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Officer down alert?
View Quote
Orange button?

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:43:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Officer down alert?

View Quote

Interestingly, yes. It is.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:46:26 PM EDT
[#41]
K-9's in all cars? Would that help?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:52:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

We had a discussion about that issue some years back here on ARFCOM, and I raised the same concerns that you do.  As I understand it, budgetary constraints brought the curtain down on two-man patrol units in most areas.

Not being an LEO myself, I was assured by many LEOs here that they didn't feel they needed two-man patrol units anyway, with backup readily available by radio, and I deferred to their expert opinions as being more valid than my own.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two cops on the scene every single stop beat a radio. One is right there covering you, the other may have drive for several minutes, when the altercations only take 20-30 secs.

Rural areas, here for instance, if I call a cop, it may be 30 minutes before he can get here ( response time on one of two burglary calls involving armed persons and theft of my guns, and with DJ in the wind, was 27 minutes. The second car that he called for back up was at the edge of Richland county, and took 35 minutes to get, which is at the northern edge of the county.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:01:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Two cops on the scene every single stop beat a radio. One is right there covering you, the other may have drive for several minutes, when the altercations only take 20-30 secs.

Rural areas, here for instance, if I call a cop, it may be 30 minutes before he can get here ( response time on one of two burglary calls involving armed persons and theft of my guns, and with DJ in the wind, was 27 minutes. The second car that he called for back up was at the edge of Richland county, and took 35 minutes to get, which is at the northern edge of the county.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We live on the edge of our county, no major metro area's nearby for about 5 miles, I have listened to the radio and our county while one of the larger in IL is mostly farmland, they have requested numerous interagency backups from the other county next to us, State Police or even the largest metro PD, we had a need for a deputy and it took them 25 minutes to arrive.

I feel for the law in our parts, fortunately we haven't had a BLM type incident YET, but in speaking to some of the LEO's, they feel it's just a matter of time.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:16:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good luck finding people who want to pay for it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:44:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Its a shithole

and

Billy Joel

and if you watch Greg Gutfeld he mentions Allentown a lot, because that is where he is from
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a shithole

and

Billy Joel

Where this happened is 45 minutes from Allentown, but might as well be a world away.  It's a small farming town, tucked between two mountains on the edge of coal country.

Quoted:

West Penn Township is 58 sq miles, with only 3800 people and three full time officers.  How do you propose they double up?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Where this happened is 45 minutes from Allentown, but might as well be a world away.  It's a small farming town, tucked between two mountains on the edge of coal country.

West Penn Township is 58 sq miles, with only 3800 people and three full time officers.  How do you propose they double up?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a shithole

and

Billy Joel

Quoted:

Our town, before my buddy and fellow member here got put over the police department, bought two brand new Danali's , one brand new patrol car, two brand new four wheelers, and a fucking boat.

There are 2500 people in our town, and we have 4 full time officers and one part time.

Now, this was all done because my buddy was forcing the old mayor out, who was using the police chief as his personal little squad.

The new mayor put IndfidelJoeBob ( his screen name here ) over the police committee and he's cleaning it up.

For what they paid for the new vehicles and the four wheelers and boat, and the trailers for them, we could have bought used vehicles as we always had, and hired two more cops at the salary our town pays. As it is, it looks like the NSA is doing a lot of business in town. The Denali's are triple black, with tint so dark you can't see anything. It's ridiculous.

The old mayor put the town on the hook really bad, and he did it illegally by doing the purchases without the consent of the council.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Shendo462dafuq
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:56:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

He will soon be sending some high official from the DOJ to see if any civil rights were violated...............................of the perpetrator(s)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

too busy with his gay lover like during Benghazi.

He will soon be sending some high official from the DOJ to see if any civil rights were violated...............................of the perpetrator(s)

This
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top