User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Talk about delayed gratification lol.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Talk about playing the long game with trolling.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:17:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Haaa  Your dad rocks !!!

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:18:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is some long range ownage right there
View Quote

Punked out over the decades!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:20:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Hahaha, me and the 7 yr old are headed to the kitchen right now...
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#6]
The long con.  That's one of the funniest this is far in a long time.  Off to Facebook.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Best thing I read today.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:37:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hahaha, me and the 7 yr old are headed to the kitchen right now...
View Quote

Video that for future reference!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:53:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The shape of the egg, as I was told, distributed the forces around so that no matter how hard you squeezed it wasn't possible for you to crush an egg with your bare hands.

My father, to demonstrate this, made a great show of attempting to crush an egg. He squeezed and squeezed until he was red in the face, at times using both hands to get a better grip. He then handed me the egg to try myself. No matter how hard 6 year old me tried, I couldn't crush the egg.

Many years later I am in the kitchen with my girlfriend and remember this little tidbit. After explaining the science to her, I grab an egg and -remembering my father from so many years before- crank down on this egg as hard as I possibly could.

It exploded.

I stood there, mangled egg in my hand and egg sputum spread across the kitchen, wondering wtf just happened.

I called him to talk about what happened, and his response was:

"Yeah, I wondered if that was ever going to pay off."

Bastard
View Quote

I did the exact same thing like 12 years ago with my girlfriend, now wife, watching.  Egg on the ceiling,  wall, everywhere.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Until you can crush a potato, you have a weak grip.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:46:38 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

OP, you must make that your sig line.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It is done.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#15]
That's awesome.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

OPs dad didn't plan to have to wait that long. The original payoff was supposed to be 6 year old OP cracking and egg in his hand right in front of dad. Instead, OPs dad had to live for the last two decades wondering is his son was weak wristed or just that gullible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Delayed gratification is best gratification...

OPs dad didn't plan to have to wait that long. The original payoff was supposed to be 6 year old OP cracking and egg in his hand right in front of dad. Instead, OPs dad had to live for the last two decades wondering is his son was weak wristed or just that gullible.

Lol
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:42:00 PM EDT
[#18]
This story still cracks me up the second time around.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:44:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Too funny OP.  Thanks for posting.  I'm going to do the same to my son when the time comes.
Out of curiosity, was the egg he handed you doctored?  I would think I could have crushed one at six, but never tried... Wondering if I need to do for the egg first or not.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:27:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Too funny OP.  Thanks for posting.  I'm going to do the same to my son when the time comes.
Out of curiosity, was the egg he handed you doctored?  I would think I could have crushed one at six, but never tried... Wondering if I need to do for the egg first or not.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I don't think so. This link may explain how we did it. http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/lab/experiments/impossible-egg-crush
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:31:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:39:04 AM EDT
[#22]
The Long Con is always the best Con
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:43:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:44:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:48:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Good one. Gonna have to show that one to my 2 boy's tonight.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:52:54 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Your Dad sounds cool.

View Quote
+1

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:11:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The shape of the egg, as I was told, distributed the forces around so that no matter how hard you squeezed it wasn't possible for you to crush an egg with your bare hands.

My father, to demonstrate this, made a great show of attempting to crush an egg. He squeezed and squeezed until he was red in the face, at times using both hands to get a better grip. He then handed me the egg to try myself. No matter how hard 6 year old me tried, I couldn't crush the egg.

Many years later I am in the kitchen with my girlfriend and remember this little tidbit. After explaining the science to her, I grab an egg and -remembering my father from so many years before- crank down on this egg as hard as I possibly could.

It exploded.

I stood there, mangled egg in my hand and egg sputum spread across the kitchen, wondering wtf just happened.

Bastard
View Quote

Brilliant!  That's  along haul dedication to a prank.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:46:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It exploded.

Bastard
View Quote

You have a good Dad, buy that man a beer.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:40:42 AM EDT
[#31]
I keep laughing at this thread, but mostly because you guys are a bunch of dumb asses.

The "unbreakable egg" thing is a common demonstration of homespun "farm science" and has been for a long time.  It demonstrates the strength of the egg on the long axis.

If you are physically coordinated and visually accurate enough to put pressure with reasonable accuracy on the long axis of the egg, you will not break the egg.

The OP's dad's egg wasn't "doctored," the egg trick isn't a "long con," it just sounds like the OP failed to replicate the test because he squeezed the egg unevenly or across the short axis of the egg when he tried it.  No shit it broke, the design feature strengths of the egg shell should be obvious even to a child of normal intelligence.

Go in your kitchen, get an egg, hold it over your sink.  Put the round "bottom" of the egg on your thumb, place the pointed "top" of the egg under your index (or middle, or both) finger.  Squeeze as hard as you can.  As long as you are coordinated enough to keep the force on a straight line between the "poles" of the egg, it won't break.

You can do it between the palms of your hands too, but be extra careful to keep the applied force straight and even.

The egg won't break, if you do the trick correctly.

Its old-school farm physics at work, grandpa knew this shit, its hilarious that GD doesn't.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#32]

My Dad is "that Dad" too.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:00:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That is some long range ownage right there
View Quote

This.  Glad his father was around to get the return.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:07:32 AM EDT
[#34]
My dad and uncle used to tell me if you swallowed bubble gum, your butt cheeks would stick together
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I keep laughing at this thread, but mostly because you guys are a bunch of dumb asses.

The "unbreakable egg" thing is a common demonstration of homespun "farm science" and has been for a long time.  It demonstrates the strength of the egg on the long axis.

If you are physically coordinated and visually accurate enough to put pressure with reasonable accuracy on the long axis of the egg, you will not break the egg.

The OP's dad's egg wasn't "doctored," the egg trick isn't a "long con," it just sounds like the OP failed to replicate the test because he squeezed the egg unevenly or across the short axis of the egg when he tried it.  No shit it broke, the design feature strengths of the egg shell should be obvious even to a child of normal intelligence.

Go in your kitchen, get an egg, hold it over your sink.  Put the round "bottom" of the egg on your thumb, place the pointed "top" of the egg under your index (or middle, or both) finger.  Squeeze as hard as you can.  As long as you are coordinated enough to keep the force on a straight line between the "poles" of the egg, it won't break.

You can do it between the palms of your hands too, but be extra careful to keep the applied force straight and even.

Its old-school farm physics at work, grandpa knew this shit, its hilarious that GD doesn't.

View Quote

when someone tells me "put this thing in your hand and crush it" I don't think about no fucking axis - I crush that shit
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Tell your dad he won the coveted "GD Hero of the Day" Award.  

He would get a commerative ARF-approved monkey, but there was never a monkey.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many years later I am in the kitchen with my girlfriend and remember this little tidbit. After explaining the science behind her, I grab an egg and -remembering my father from so many years before- crank down on this egg as hard as I possibly could.

It exploded.

Bastard

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:35:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Thanks for the best laugh today
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:47:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Hahaha your dad was waiting for the moment for years!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#41]
OP is your first name Calvin?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:00:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Bullshit! I just checked and it is. Moran!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did he also tell you that gullible isn't in the dictionary?

"Moron."

A Moran is a Masai warrior.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty much came to post this. Ive yet to see anyone crack an egg on the long axis and I know I cant.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

"Moron."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Moron."

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Those who told you that were wrong. I can crush an egg one handed heck I can do it with my thumb and forefinger on both ends.  There are people that are even better at it than I am.

I can crush a beer/soda can with two hands so that it explodes.  About 10 years ago I could squeeze the content out of a beer/soda can one handed although it wouldn't explode.

Did I mention I can bend nails, rip phone books, tear decks of cards in half, crush an apple with one hand, crush a potato with one hand.  Granted I haven't done any of these in at least 3 years but my hands dyno high enough I'm pretty sure I can still do it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Those who told you that were wrong. I can crush an egg one handed heck I can do it with my thumb and forefinger on both ends.  There are people that are even better at it than I am.

I can crush a beer/soda can with two hands so that it explodes.  About 10 years ago I could squeeze the content out of a beer/soda can one handed although it wouldn't explode.

Did I mention I can bend nails, rip phone books, tear decks of cards in half, crush an apple with one hand, crush a potato with one hand.  Granted I haven't done any of these in at least 3 years but my hands dyno high enough I'm pretty sure I can still do it.
View Quote

Best Arfcom post of the day.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
"Moron."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Moron."

'Moran' is an afrcomisim, like 'dag'.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top