BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I am so sorry.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:28:14 AM EDT
[#2]
This thread made me go check on my 6 month old boy. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for your family's loss.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#4]
SID?

May he RIP.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#5]
How sad

IAHP has always recommended babies sleep on their stomachs and all of ours did and millions  upon millions have and do so.  I really think that it makes no difference in the SIDS rate - parents , and grandparents do their best and some children don't make it.  It's not a "fault" thing, it's a God thing.

Prayers sent OP
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:33:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm so sorry.  Prayers sent for your whole family.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:33:42 AM EDT
[#7]
You have my deepest sympathy. As a grandfather, it breaks my heart to hear of things like this.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:35:12 AM EDT
[#8]
OP, so sorry for your loss.  This happened to my niece many years ago.  She got a visit from Social Services and they interviewed
her friends and one of her friends said something they didn't like.  Next thing you know her other 3 children are in protective custody
and given to his parents.  It took a year to get that family back together.  Just saying, be careful, there will be an investigation.
Again so so sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:37:08 AM EDT
[#10]

I don't have adequate words. Please accept my prayers and condolences.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#11]
So sorry.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#12]
So very sorry for your loss
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#13]
For those that this terrifies, Snuza makes something called like an Oma Levana or some such. Not cheap, but it monitors for movement and alarms after a time.

Terrifying for when it falls off the diaper and it goes off, but it's a safety device I was more than happy to buy.

Sometimes there is nothing you can do, but this device at least gives you a shot.

RIP and sorry for your loss
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:50:33 AM EDT
[#15]
The loss of a child is the most difficult thing any family has to deal with. Don't ask how I know.

So many prayers are on their way for your family.

I also pray that your son can get home in time. And for his safety.

EBR
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#16]
So sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#18]
My greatest fear,  I dont have the words.
Prayers said for you and your family.  Be strong.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:04:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't even imagine...I'm so very sorry...
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:15:00 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't know anything about the military, so maybe this is a stupid question. But they won't let a service member return home for a short time for a death of their child??
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Absolutely devastating and my sincere condolences.

Red Cross notification to his CO should be able to get him home on the next thing smoking?

Father should be there to comfort his wife and mother of their child regardless of duty post.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:18:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Sorry to OP and sorry to others who have went through this
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:21:56 AM EDT
[#23]

So sorry to here of your loss.

Prayers out to your family.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#24]
that would destroy me

sorry for your loss

why in the heck can he not get home?

sad all the way around
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Absolutely devastating and my sincere condolences.

Red Cross notification to his CO should be able to get him home on the next thing smoking?

Father should be there to comfort his wife and mother of their child regardless of duty post.
View Quote

This, if you need help with that let us know.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#26]
I am so sorry.  You, your family and your son will be in my prayers!

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:30:55 AM EDT
[#27]
RIP. I am sorry for your loss. May God watch over the parents and see the deployed soldier gets home safe to his family.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:33:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#29]
A terrible loss, sorry
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:35:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I don't know anything about the military, so maybe this is a stupid question. But they won't let a service member return home for a short time for a death of their child??
View Quote

My unit would have you on the first aircraft out of the area and set up a commercial plane ticket paid for of course.  My friends mom died while he was in Bahrain with me.  He was gone and in the air in less than 2 hours.  I actually had to pack the rest of his stuff.

I don't know why the son can't be there.  

My condolemces .
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a function of time, not permission.  PoD said he won't get home in time for the service, not that they wouldn't let him come home, period.  Important distinction.

It's an 8,000 mile trip across 9 time zones with two layovers (Kuwait or Qatar, and Europe). Depending on where he's at (Afghanistan, I'm guessing), even if he left the next day, it'll still take 3-4 days to get him home.  And that's with everyone along the way moving heaven and earth to speed up the process (and they will).  Had to arrange it for three of my folks while I was deployed, and emergency leaves have the highest priority for travel. Colonels and generals on R&R get bumped for a two-striper heading home on a Red Cross notification.  

PoD--I'm so very, very sorry.  As a family looking forward to our first grandkid in the next couple of years, I can imagine your family's pain.  

Prayers sent.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:37:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Absolutely tragic.

So sorry for your loss.

God bless your family. Hang in there bro.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:39:36 AM EDT
[#34]
so sorry for your family's loss.

dear god, I cant imagine living that nightmare.

Prayers and thoughts to you and your family.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:40:01 AM EDT
[#35]
I know this is a messed up question but

why wouldn't they wait for him to get home?

My god I'm crying here thinking about what the dad is going  through

I don't what I would do not being able to hold my son one last time
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:41:54 AM EDT
[#36]
I cannot imagine the sorrow for all involved.  My deepest sympathies to your family.  Praying for you all.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's a function of time, not permission.  PoD said he won't get home in time for the service, not that they wouldn't let him come home, period.  Important distinction.

It's an 8,000 mile trip across 9 time zones with two layovers (Kuwait or Qatar, and Europe). Depending on where he's at (Afghanistan, I'm guessing), even if he left the next day, it'll still take 3-4 days to get him home.  And that's with everyone along the way moving heaven and earth to speed up the process (and they will).  Had to arrange it for three of my folks while I was deployed, and emergency leaves have the highest priority for travel. Colonels and generals on R&R get bumped for a two-striper heading home on a Red Cross notification.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for clarifying.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

PoD--I'm so very, very sorry.  As a family looking forward to our first grandkid in the next couple of years, I can imagine your family's pain.  

Prayers sent.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prayers sent.  

Your unit must be a bunch of cheap skates.  Do no commercial flights leave from Afgahistan?  Buy a plane ticket and they will be home in less than 24 hours.  Using the Space A system is dumb and horribly inefficient for trying to get somebody home quickly.   This is what my unit did.  They once bought an airman a First Class ticket because there were no other seats available.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#40]
That's horribly sad.  My condolences.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#41]
So very sorry to hear.
I cannot imagine, prayers to you and yours.

I am expecting my first grandson in about 3 weeks and these kinds of stories get me emotional just thinking about them.
Take care.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:51:22 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm sorry for what your family is suffering.  And, sadly, it's not over.  There is a huge toll taken on a couple when they lose a child.  I would imagine that one parent being deployed would make that even worse.  Their marriage is in crisis, big time.  And it's not like it's anyone's fault.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:52:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
snip
View Quote

Irrelevant to the thread topic.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:52:57 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm so sorry for your family's loss.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:53:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a sad fact, but you just can't come home from every situation that military service will place you in.  Ships at sea, especially subs are a good example of not being able to leave right away or even being able to leave until reaching port.

Condolences to OP's family over this terrible loss.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:54:27 AM EDT
[#46]
damnit.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Heartfelt condolences to you and your family.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Prayers out
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#49]
There are no words.....  Prayers out OP to you and your son/some family
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#50]
My cousins and I had to fly out to some army base in Arizona because his 8 month old son died from sids. He was with his mom visiting her sister and just stopped breathing. I'm sorry op it was a horrible thing to go through.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top