Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:55:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I hope they aren't hacked and I hope the hackers don't release the videos.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Release them in another state.

Yep, somewhere without the 9th Circus court of appeals

That would be just terrible.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:57:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

California is an all-party consent state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would assume it's not that they are afraid or support it, it comes down to California law where you cannot record people on phone or camera without telling them you are recording them.

My last job in IT we revamped the company with VOIP phones. One of the options the new phones had was to record the conversation and send the recording to your email inbox. We were advised even though we explained to the company they were not allowed to record conversations to disable the function on the phones to prevent law suits coming against the company.

We disabled the function on the phones.

I'm pretty sure California is a one-party consent State.

California is an all-party consent state.

But this is journalism. News. It's not private in the sense that private parties are speaking about personal things. This is about policy for a non-profit accepting taxpayer money and then making a profit on body parts.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:59:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
While I think the video is propagandist crap (not saying it's not real), but it's like PETA taking pictures of animal slaughter and using them out of context with people who don't understand the process fully.

They are devout in their beliefs and will stop at nothing, not even shock value, to turn people to their side of the argument.

Banning the video is only going to make it that more desirable to watch, and it's a 1A problem.

People have the right to sit on whatever side of that fence that they wish, or on top of it like I do.  But I just have other things to be outraged over right now.
View Quote

taxpayer funded non-profit making a profit.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:59:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If they drop everything that they have all at once, a month from now nobody cares.

If they drag it out, you slowly start to change hearts and minds.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why didn't they release all the videos at once?

Seems like making it one long video, putting it on the internet (where it never will go away), would be a pretty much game over expose.

If they drop everything that they have all at once, a month from now nobody cares.

If they drag it out, you slowly start to change hearts and minds.  

That's partly true.  The real reason is to let PP officials stick their foot in their mouths and say things that future videos will prove as lies.

This libtard assholes didn't learn from the Acorn videos. Keep your mouth shut until all the videos are out.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:01:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This will be revisited, as I understand it, the people had to have an expectation of privacy and there is case law stating that is not applicable in a busy restaurant
View Quote

Yet government spying on Americans is rampant.

Funny how that privacy thing works.

This reminds me of something that happened to some friends of mine many years back when they traveled through the old soviet union.

They saw people walking around with rolls of toilet paper fashioned into necklaces around their necks so they took some pictures.

A cop saw them and took their film saying..." those people have the right to privacy. This is a free country; taking pictures of whatever you want is not allowed here".
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:03:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This reminds me of something that happened to some friends of mine many years back when they traveled through the old soviet union.

They saw people walking around with rolls of toilet paper fashioned into necklaces around their necks so they took some pictures.

A cop saw them and took their film saying..." those people have the right to privacy. This is a free country; taking pictures of whatever you want is not allowed here".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This will be revisited, as I understand it, the people had to have an expectation of privacy and there is case law stating that is not applicable in a busy restaurant

One of my grandfathers came from old Russia (fought for the Czar and fled when the commies won).

He went back a couple of times in the sixties and was amazed how much easier it was for him to travel around the country as a visiting tourist than it was for the people who actually lived there.

He could basically go anywhere for his 30 day visits but the people living there had to have passes to go anywhere out of their general domicile.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:04:16 AM EDT
[#7]
You can bet if this was some communist organization claiming to have video of a right winger the court would be jumping for joy to release it.

Since infanticide is what progressives care about most the evil will be covered up

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

In your legal experience, what percentage of judges let their personal political beliefs trump the law and decide accordingly?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Leaving aside the fact that the judge sits in a state court and can't be removed by the Federal government, your understanding of the impeachment process is deficient.
Read Article I, Section 3, Paragraph 6: "The Senate shall have the sole power to try all impeachments."

In your legal experience, what percentage of judges let their personal political beliefs trump the law and decide accordingly?

That depends on the judge and on the nature of the case.

Some judges are nothing more or less than political hacks. They decide every case which has even the smallest political angle based on politics. The law is generally constructed so that nearly any result can be justified in some fashion. (See for example the recent case which revealed a right which had been hiding unseen in the penumbras and emanations of the 14th Amendment for nearly a century and a half.)
Others are less political. Cases which have little or no political angle are decided on the merits to the best of their ability.

Cases which are highly political (in both the narrowest and the broadest sense of that term) are treated as such by every judge. The politics determine the outcome. The law is used to justify the decision.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:09:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That depends on the judge and on the nature of the case.

Some judges are nothing more or less than political hacks. They decide every case which has even the smallest political angle based on politics. The law is generally constructed so that nearly any result can be justified in some fashion. (See for example the recent case which revealed a right which had been hiding unseen in the penumbras and emanations of the 14th Amendment for nearly a century and a half.)
Others are less political. Cases which have little or no political angle are decided on the merits to the best of their ability.

Cases which are highly political (in both the narrowest and the broadest sense of that term) are treated as such by every judge. The politics determine the outcome. The law is used to justify the decision.
View Quote

Thanks for the info.

The part in red is what I always suspected............sucks that it is true.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:09:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It's not even medical procedures - it's some people from the company talking over lunch.

Obviously can't let the public see that...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Now why would they be afraid of "medical procedure" videos being published?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

It's not even medical procedures - it's some people from the company talking over lunch.

Obviously can't let the public see that...
You havent seen the videos posted on youtube by the center of medical progress episode one so stop talking out of your ass.

For those who havent seen it, theres an abortion doctor tearing up a fetus talking about how much they can get for such and such parts.  Its more than just small talk over lunch.  Its people at planned parenthood trying to profit from abortions.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:10:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

One of my grandfathers came from old Russia (fought for the Czar and fled when the commies won).

He went back a couple of times in the sixties and was amazed how much easier it was for him to travel around the country as a visiting tourist than it was for the people who actually lived there.

He could basically go anywhere for his 30 day visits but the people living there had to have passes to go anywhere out of their general domicile.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, internal passports.

I'm sure you know that the tour guides were all KGB.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:15:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yep, internal passports.

I'm sure you know that the tour guides were all KGB.
View Quote

No...I did NOT know that!!

I assumed he was being watched now and then but never knew that!!

Are you being sarcastic?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:16:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
All I have to say is 1st Amendment.

View Quote

SPNI

(second post nailed it)
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:17:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Does anyone really give a shit what a CA court says?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A California Court Just Banned The Release Of Another Planned Parenthood Video

How proud is Planned Parenthood of its “fetal tissue” research involving body parts harvested from aborted babies? So proud that its organ procurement partner just asked a California court to ban the release of at least one video about its baby organ harvesting operations. And the court agreed.

The Los Angeles Superior Court issued late Wednesday night a temporary restraining order against the Center for Medical Progress. Under the terms of the order, the non-profit organization is banned from releasing video of a May lunch attended by three StemExpress officials, according to the Associated Press:

A temporary restraining order has been issued preventing an anti-abortion group from releasing any video of leaders of a California company that provides fetal tissue to researchers. The group is the same one that previously released three covertly shot videos of a Planned Parenthood leader discussing the sale of aborted fetuses for research.

The Los Angeles Superior Court order issued Tuesday prohibits the Center for Medical Progress from releasing any video of three high-ranking StemExpress officials taken at a restaurant in May. It appears to be the first legal action prohibiting the release of a video from the organization.

Does anyone really give a shit what a CA court says?  

I sure as fuck don't.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:19:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
All I have to say is 1st Amendment.

View Quote

All I have to say is judicial fascism. Because that is what it is.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Why don't they just leak it?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#17]
A court order banning the release is going to be as effective as a court order banning the release of hacked fappening pics.  Sorry CA, the cat is likely out of the bag.  

Also, I'm curious to know how PP and the courts even know what's on these videos since they haven't been released.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Fuck those kalifornia nazis
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#19]
wow. If they are stooping to court order bans. they must taking a hit and are scared
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Why anyone gives a shit about this is beyond me. The aborted fetus was never a sentient being, and if they can get some more money to provide std testing, birth control and contraception, who cares?  Abortion only makes up 3% (literally) of what planned parenthood does.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Why anyone gives a shit about this is beyond me. The aborted fetus was never a sentient being, and if they can get some more money to provide std testing, birth control and contraception, who cares?  Abortion only makes up 3% (literally) of what planned parenthood does.
View Quote
Millions of Americans give a shit. Literally.  Now you can leave this thread.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:02:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are breaking the law. And they are getting funded by congress. And people care about it. GTFO.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#23]
1st amendment
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:08:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Millions of Americans are fucking retarded. Are you one of them?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Why anyone gives a ---- about this is beyond me. The aborted fetus was never a sentient being, and if they can get some more money to provide std testing, birth control and contraception, who cares?  Abortion only makes up 3% (literally) of what planned parenthood does.
View Quote
!!!!!   You just revealed your bias and ignorance in your post!  They are responsible for at least 1/3 of the total abortions (over 325,000+) performed each year in the US.

Edit:

Just seen your last post and realized you are a troll! Click

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They are breaking the law. And they are getting funded by congress. And people care about it. GTFO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not a big deal and you people are making it out like they raped the pope with a Jesus figurine.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:09:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
While I think the video is propagandist crap (not saying it's not real), but it's like PETA taking pictures of animal slaughter and using them out of context with people who don't understand the process fully.

They are devout in their beliefs and will stop at nothing, not even shock value, to turn people to their side of the argument.

Banning the video is only going to make it that more desirable to watch, and it's a 1A problem.

People have the right to sit on whatever side of that fence that they wish, or on top of it like I do.  But I just have other things to be outraged over right now.
View Quote

I REALLY hope this is sarcasm.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:10:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Shouldn't they just send the videos to the tabloid that broke the Duggar story?  Nobody seemed to care about breaking the law to get that highly important story out.

ETA:  If the government used tax payer dollars to buy the organs of animals who died at legally operated puppy mills, dontcha think the outrage would end that process?  What if we bought the organs from Lonnie the Lion (or whatever his name was) that was legally killed by baiting him off the game preserve?  Can't imagine people having a hard time understanding the connecting of the dots there, but since abortion is the holy worshipped grail of so many on the left, the contortions will continue to try to squash this story and keep our tax dollars flowing to Planned Parenthood.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:10:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
!!!!!   You just revealed your bias and ignorance in your post!  They are responsible for at least 1/3 of the total abortions (over 325,000+) performed each year in the US.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why anyone gives a ---- about this is beyond me. The aborted fetus was never a sentient being, and if they can get some more money to provide std testing, birth control and contraception, who cares?  Abortion only makes up 3% (literally) of what planned parenthood does.

Aaaaaaaaaand?  They also do a myriad of other things that are beneficial and abortions represent a minuscule percentage of the services they provide.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:12:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's probably a pretty accurate description of what is going on.  Conservaderps get in a tissy whenever planned parenthood is mentioned
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:13:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Leak it I'm another state.  Give it to Project Veritos, a 'fired employee', etc.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#32]
ACLU will be along shortly to stop this horrible infringement upon the 1st Amendment.

right?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:15:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Disgusting.

After all, genocide was only 1/100000 of what Pot Pol did.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Aaaaaaaaaand?  They also do a myriad of other things that are beneficial and abortions represent a minuscule percentage of the services they provide.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh just a minuscule amount of murder and profiteering you say?  That makes it ok I guess.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:16:52 AM EDT
[#35]
come on aimless, tell us how if we don't kneel before our judicial lords we will perish to tyranny.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:17:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Disgusting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disgusting.

Abortion is no more a murder than you cumming into a sock to cuckold porn.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Oh just a minuscule amount of murder and profiteering you say?  That makes it ok I guess.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Abortion isn't murder. Don't be obtuse.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:18:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

What % of PP income comes from abortions?

but thank you for the progressive talking points.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Paging Anonymous hackers.
Anonymous hackers please pick up a courtesy phone.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:20:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disgusting.

How fortunate for all of us that your mother chose to allow you to come to term.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:20:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:20:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Jesus Christ.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:23:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

How fortunate for all of us that your mother chose to allow you to come to term.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disgusting.

It was quite fortunate for me.  Aren't you supposed to turn the other cheek or something?  Don't get so pussyhurt because you're wrong. Learn from your mistakes and move on.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yep.

They didnt do anything nearly as bad as rape, just killed some people, ripped them up, and sold their parts, while laughing about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not a big deal and you people are making it out like they raped the pope with a Jesus figurine.

Yep.

They didnt do anything nearly as bad as rape, just killed some people, ripped them up, and sold their parts, while laughing about it.

Planned parenthood has never killed anyone.  Abortion isn't murder. It's not even close.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:24:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Release them in another state.

Yep, somewhere without the 9th Circus court of appeals

PP has claimed a fake hack attack.  It was so inartfully done that the fraud was apparent immediately.  So they fake a hack to garner sympathy, and interrupt the news cycle.  These people are absolutely shameless.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Planned parenthood has never killed anyone.  Abortion isn't murder. It's not even close.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

murder is simply killing that isn't socially sanctioned.

Its an opinion.

The majority of americans think it IS murder.  especially late term.

Abortion is so popular the supreme court had to stop people from banning it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

37%

Most of the other services are provided for free so....thanks for playing but swing and a miss.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Its an opinion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Its an opinion.

The majority of any group of people are barely literate morons. The Supreme Court exists to prevent the stupid masses from acting on impulse and emotion.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:29:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gee.........perhaps because it's an innocent human being that was murdered with his/hers parts being sold for profit.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The majority of any group of people are barely literate morons. The Supreme Court exists to prevent the stupid masses from acting on impulse and emotion.
View Quote

That's not true.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top