Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 91
Posted: 7/14/2015 8:47:31 PM EDT

Millions have been born and died all around the world in the past never knowing the Jewish peoples exsisted, or of their god.

Like the native peoples of the Americas they never knew the Jewish peoples, they never knew that Jesus lived and died until peoples from Europe told them.

So what happened to the souls of the millions of others that were not chosen to be privileged with this knowledge.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Zeus will watch over them.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Reincarnation
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:50:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Reincarnation
View Quote

as liberal-tarians

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:50:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Dont quote me on this but i think they will burn.  

I have thought this same thing before, i dont really care because i am not a believer but if i were a believer i would think most things not spelled out in the bible fall under "no one knows but God".

Its an interesting thought discussion, unfortunately discussion usually doesnt happen in GD
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]
They spend an eternity suffering in hell, obviously.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:51:36 PM EDT
[#6]
How am I supposed to know?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#7]
This:
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have thought this same thing before, i dont really care because i am not a believer but if i were a believer i would think most things not spelled out in the bible fall under "no one knows but God".

Its an interesting thought discussion, unfortunately discussion usually doesnt happen in GD
View Quote

In the bible it says God judges you by what you know.

Everyone else is just pulling crap out of their butts. Literally.

Grasping for straws. That's what the uneducated do.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:53:58 PM EDT
[#9]
They're simply dead and their loved ones mourn their loss in their own way... kinda like what happens when anyone dies, regardless of religion.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I once asked my father (who is a pastor) that very question.  His face got very red and I never got an answer.  

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:54:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't know, I guess that answers in the same place a how Adam and Eve managed to populated the world with such genetic diversity.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:55:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They're simply dead and their loved ones mourn their loss in their own way... kinda like what happens when anyone dies, regardless of religion.
View Quote

And you can prove this?

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:55:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting, its been over a decade since i read anythinh in the bible so i didnt recall that being written.    I suppose that is the loop hole
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

This should have been the first post.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I once asked my father (who is a pastor) that very question.  His face got very red and I never got an answer.  

View Quote

Sounds like your father didn't read what he preached, or you're lying.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:56:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Millions have been born and died all around the world in the past never knowing the Jewish peoples exsisted, or of their god.

Like the native peoples of the Americas they never knew the Jewish peoples, they never knew that Jesus lived and died until peoples from Europe told them.

So what happened to the souls of the millions of others that were not chosen to be privileged with this knowledge.
View Quote

The majority of Eastern American Seaboard peoples had a very rich history and were descendants of Jews themselves, to include possessing ancient Jewish scriptures on brass plates with the records of their fathers.

For all those who haven't heard about Jesus, He has a perfect plan for them as well, being a merciful and just God.

Missionary work continues in the afterlife, and people have the opportunity to accept Him there.

I also believe that Jesus visited many other people on earth during His earthly ministry, as the lost sheep He referenced to His disciples in Jerusalem.  We just don't currently have any of the other records mentioning the others besides the American natives.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm going to snale mail this question to the pope and all the other religions leaders.

One of them has to have the answer.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#18]
tag
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Interesting, its been over a decade since i read anythinh in the bible so i didnt recall that being written.    I suppose that is the loop hole
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1 Samual 16:7 and Jeremiah 17:10

Sounds like you didn't absorb or care to absorb what you've read. When I don't care about a subject that's what I tend to do.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Don't know, I guess that answers in the same place a how Adam and Eve managed to populated the world with such genetic diversity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They didn't.  There were already others out there.  Just not created in the image of God.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:58:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ancient nuclear war when the old gods fought the new god caused an alarming amount of mutation.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#22]
They all are eternally tormented.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#23]
The heavens declare the Glory of God.

Psalm 19:1

That means that even if they never heard the Gospel message, the very wonder of nature proclaims God's existence.

But what it really boils down to is that the Lord is a perfect Judge and whatever happens/ happened to those people will be right.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So are missionaries damning people to hell if they refuse to become a christian?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#25]
they became 13'rs
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The majority of Eastern American Seaboard peoples had a very rich history and were descendants of Jews themselves, to include possessing ancient Jewish scriptures on brass plates with the records of their fathers.

For all those who haven't heard about Jesus, He has a perfect plan for them as well, being a merciful and just God.

Missionary work continues in the afterlife, and people have the opportunity to accept Him there.

I also believe that Jesus visited many other people on earth during His earthly ministry, as the lost sheep He referenced to His disciples in Jerusalem.  We just don't have any of the other records mentioning any others than the American natives.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also believe that Jesus visited many other people on earth during His earthly ministry, as the lost sheep He referenced to His disciples in Jerusalem.  We just don't have any of the other records mentioning any others than the American natives.

Oh I know there's solid proof to that claim right?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm going to snale mail this question to the pope and all the other religions leaders.

View Quote

I already answered it above your post.  You've not heard of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's talking about mormon theology, not evangelical christian theology.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:01:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have a portion of their records, and the blood haplo group of the northeastern US natives is not Asiatic, but European/Mediterranean region.

Read The Book of Mormon.  It will answer your questions in more detail than you expected.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#30]
The twists and turns that people will take to rationalize their faith never ceases to amaze me.

I will go with Ockhams Razor.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:02:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

They died. You think God would really punish anyone that didn't worship him? That's a fucked up God.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I already answered it above your post.  You've not heard of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, you really are from Utah.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I also believe that Jesus visited many other people on earth during His earthly ministry, as the lost sheep He referenced to His disciples in Jerusalem.  We just don't currently have any of the other records mentioning the others besides the American natives.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you actually point to anything in the bible that backs up these claims? AFAIK the bible is the only word of God. Also if you can't cite God's word on these claims are you committing blasphemy?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

They didn't.  There were already others out there.  Just not created in the image of God.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

People tell me. With dinosaurs and cromagnon man how could the bible exist?

I ask them a simple question. When God created man how old was he? In our eyes how old did Adam look?

When God created the earth how old was it? What did it look like when it was finished? Since Adam was a man, but a newborn it makes things interesting.

Interesting questions and until we die we either find out or we don't.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:05:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Its what the millennium after Christs return is for, to preach/teach to those who have not heard of Christ and did not ever have a chance to make the choice.

They will not have it easy at the end they will get tested by satan too.

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:05:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Sounds like you didn't absorb or care to absorb what you've read. When I don't care about a subject that's what I tend to do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not a christain, i was at one time but that doesnt really matter.    Just trying to strike up conversation, not stir shit
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#37]

Oh you're serious..

ETA: Sorry I misfired right there.. Meant to direct that to the American Indians with the gold plates person.

I'm backing out of this thread slowly.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#38]
this crap belongs in the fairy tail fourm, {religion}
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:06:17 PM EDT
[#39]
KJV  John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:07:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Have you read Stranger in a Strange Land?  Maybe there is room for everyone.

Then again, there is the River Boat series were everyone that dies ends up in a huge "experiment" controlled by aliens on an artificial/constructed planet.

Who knows, till you get there, or don't.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:07:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your comment micro-aggresses me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

So are missionaries damning people to hell if they refuse to become a christian?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess you could argue that, you could also argue that god did that by allowing free will
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:09:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Never having seen or fired an AR15 is punishment enough for those poor ancient bastards.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:09:53 PM EDT
[#44]

Jesus Christ taught that baptism is essential to the salvation of all who have lived on earth (see John 3:5). Many people, however, have died without being baptized. Others were baptized without proper authority. Because God is merciful, He has prepared a way for all people to receive the blessings of baptism. By performing proxy baptisms in behalf of those who have died, Church members offer these blessings to deceased ancestors. Individuals can then choose to accept or reject what has been done in their behalf.
View Quote

https://www.lds.org/topics/baptisms-for-the-dead?lang=eng

I am LDS and this is one of the areas that brings alot of comfort knowing that the baptism  can be done for them here and the have the opportunity to accept it or not.

Yes I know I'm going to get some heat for this but flame away.

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:11:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Zues will take pity on their soles.

The father of all gods, bless him
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tell the person who put this thread in gd, since gd is about serious discussion, like does beans belong in chili, transgender threads and the rebel flag.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
https://www.lds.org/topics/baptisms-for-the-dead?lang=eng

I am LDS and this is one of the areas that brings alot of comfort knowing that the baptism  can be done for them here and the have the opportunity to accept it or not.

Yes I know I'm going to get some heat for this but flame away.
View Quote

So did you guys just do a mass baptism for all the dead native americans or one at a time?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:13:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Charon the boatman ferried them across the River Styx to Hades.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:15:19 PM EDT
[#50]
This is why we lds do work for the dead, there is a lot of work to do.
29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead? (New Testament, 1 Corinthians, Chapter 15)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 91
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top